Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An aggro mod?

mikakor

So, i was five minutes ago into a mission with my trusty Inaros, looking at my HP bar regenerating as the toothpicks and nerf guns that the corpus are using on me take bits and bits of it, and then i thought "damn, i would really like to help my team with all this health... i'm supposed to be a tank, why can't i tank for my team?"  so i thought that a mod, a REAL MOD ( Guardian derision is just useless... ), a warframe, exilus one, that would draw aggro to you on 100 meters. like a passive.

just so that Warframes that are supposed to be tank... can really tank for their team... the tank is supposed to take the aggro after all... 

and of course, i want it to be an exilus mod and not some sort of other... arcane, or idk. so like that Players will have to give away a little bit of their powers, to get a boost in utility.

i know that personally, i would really use it, as i'm supposed to be tanking for my team. this immortality only benefit you, but it could be made way more useful to your team if you could draw aggro to you.

( And without a negative, of course. you're already drawing all the firepower on your face. that's good enough of a negative. you take the mod if you know you can endure what will come to you. )

Edited by mikakor

7 minutes ago, mikakor said:

And without a negative, of course. you're already drawing all the firepower on your face. that's good enough of a negative.

Not when you're, in your own words, "immortal".

Being immortal renders the downside of taking all the firepower... not even slightly a negative.

• Like 2

in lower level, no, but in some level it really starts to add up and i can sometimes be downed. this is where it would be good anyway, because while the mobs focus me, my teammates can take them down.

hey, after all it's not adding more powercreep ( that i tried to keep in mind ) so it's not that bad.

by the way hello Monkey. i always see you too much in these forums xD

11 minutes ago, mikakor said:

in lower level,

Unfortunately 90% of the game revolves around these lower levels, I'm 100% down for aggro as I want Wukong to have the effect inherent to Defy, but at the same time balance is still a concern to me. 

Allowing you to draw the aggro of enemies that are never going to kill you is... gamebreaking. Objectives don't need to be defended, allies don't need to worry about health etc. If there were a limit to how many enemies you could effectively taunt, then that could work just fine imo.

13 minutes ago, mikakor said:

by the way hello Monkey. i always see you too much in these forums xD

I need a life.

• Like 1

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Allowing you to draw the aggro of enemies that are never going to kill you is... gamebreaking. Objectives don't need to be defended, allies don't need to worry about health etc. If there were a limit to how many enemies you could effectively taunt, then that could work just fine imo.

that's... a valid point. at first, i was thinking about a chance of 75 per cent that the mobs would get aggro'ed to you, and the 25 per cent left, they just do the usual.

But if we get in mind the objective... there should be a percentage of chance where it's like, 60 per cent chance it to go to you, 20 per cent to the other players, and 20 to the objective. we already have a mod that give aggro, but lets be honest. he could get deleted and there wouldn't be a wave in the game about it. i'm actually wondering how much time it would need to get noticed.

but we are tanks that don't even tank properly for our teams, are our high defense or life only benefit to us, which i kind of dislike. a lot.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I need a life.

i do too. ;_;

I feel like 50m is a lot for a radius but 25-30m radius is fair. Maybe have this mod be an aura instead of an exilus cause when you have inaros you hardly get killed if you have him well modded and maybe like 10 enemies being affected at a time. But still dont know when you add the umbral mods, additional health and armor mods and then adaptation he becomes very powerful, and then there is his lifesteal ability and if you go the extra way there is an arcane for operator hat restores health to warframe when transfering out of it so you can spam transferance untill you get max health or use some other method. And if you have a furis with a riven and the augment on then you aing gonna die anytime soon

1 minute ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I feel like 50m is a lot for a radius but 25-30m radius is fair. Maybe have this mod be an aura instead of an exilus cause when you have inaros you hardly get killed if you have him well modded and maybe like 10 enemies being affected at a time. But still dont know when you add the umbral mods, additional health and armor mods and then adaptation he becomes very powerful, and then there is his lifesteal ability and if you go the extra way there is an arcane for operator hat restores health to warframe when transfering out of it so you can spam transferance untill you get max health or use some other method. And if you have a furis with a riven and the augment on then you aing gonna die anytime soon

I don't see anything about 50m up till you I see hundred which yeah is way too much, but I could understand 30m, and like a 50/50 split on to whether or not you attract them in the Aura slot.

9 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

that's the point, there is no need ( or almost ) for that much resistance. but it's only benefiting you, which is pretty sad in a coop game, so this would give "tanks" a better role at tanking the enemies. Nekros, Rhino, Inaros... all can become pretty tanky, in their own ways, but it's only ever benefiting us, and i'm not fan of this.

Edited by mikakor

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

but we are tanks that don't even tank properly for our teams, are our high defense or life only benefit to us, which i kind of dislike. a lot.

I think that's primarily an issue with balance as a whole.

We have healers who don't need to heal, because every frame is virtually self sufficient. 

We have CC's who don't have anything to CC because it's generally all dead.

If we want proper archetype classes in Warframe (which I'm not actually against) then honestly the entire game needs to be redesigned to fit around that, imo.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I haven't seen monkey in the forums for months till just last week.

That's because you've been gone for months though. :tongue:

33 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Assimilate Nyx or Blessing Trinity using Electromagnetic Shielding and Guardian Derision would like a word. Of course the range of those mods aren't very big, but the only time where it's useful to relegate yourself to such a role instead of DPS is on an endless mission where your squad is probably hunkered down in some tight closed off room anyway. 

RIP them after the blocking changes most likely. Though it seems the massive nerfs they are about to receive as a consequence has gone unnoticed by DE, so maybe they'll eventually add a toggleable blocking option or fix these mods so they work with the new system eventually. 

Edited by Apav

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeexactly.

OP suggested 100m, not 15m, hence my concern.

Oh yeah 100m is ridiculous. But for the content this playstyle is worth using on, 12-15m is enough range to tank for your teammates since you're usually huddling together.

Just now, Apav said:

Oh yeah 100m is ridiculous. But for the content this playstyle is worth using on, 12-15m is enough range to tank for your teammates since you're usually huddling together.

15 is way too small, that's the problem. your team mates most of the time are way out of this range. let's split, 50.

but we should also keep in mind the open worlds, as they are also a main part of the game, no matter how people sees them.

12 minutes ago, mikakor said:

15 is way too small, that's the problem. your team mates most of the time are way out of this range. let's split, 50.

but we should also keep in mind the open worlds, as they are also a main part of the game, no matter how people sees them.

What I'm saying is, actively tanking damage from others with this block tank playstyle is not worth doing in lower level content. You'll actually get the mission done faster if you play a tanky frame that you don't have to worry about ever dying with, help do damage, and revive downed teammates. The only content where it would be more useful is higher level endless content, and in most of those missions you will be huddling together (usually to stay inside a defensive ability). So in this scenario, the small range doesn't matter. 

Edited by Apav