Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Mutagen Samples Can Only Be Found On Derelicts Now, Apparently.

RealityMachina

tumblr_llz5d0HYGe1qdia4g.gif

I'm not even sure what I can put here...although I guess I could always put up a big ol' WHY

In fact that's what I'm just going call this update from now on. The WHY update.

But seriously, why was this changed

like, did someone confuse the constant requests for nano spore drops to be toned down a bit for "mutagen samples are dropping too much" somehow

Edited by RealityMachina

I do not understand this change.  Even after crafting 5 fieldrons so I would be ready to make a pulse rifle when I hit mastery6, I STILL have 450 of them.  Whereas I donates 50ish of my 60 mutagen samples to clan research realizing afterward that they simply aren't available anywhere in the solar system.  I haven't found any yet.

Is this a "you should've farmed xini 5 millionish waves like everyone else before U10" to have enough for crafting?  I almost feel like this is a bug

There is no logical reason to this change.  You still need a pile of samples to get anything done and be a useful contribution to the clan.  And lore wise, infested planets dropping fieldron samples makes zero sense - can I go buy the Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal now?  The were removed due to lore issues.

@DE, we are going to play the new content no matter what, you don't need to remove a material to force us to do the new content.  Now we will just have thousands and thousands of fieldron samples - so can we make the Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal now?

Don't completely strangle those of basic materials who don't do the new content, that's just a bad plan.

eris and jupiter dropping fieldron? and the derelicts the only source for mutagen? lucky we can buy mutagen for plat, huh?

From what i've tested now that my derelict key finished, they totally broke it so the only one enemy able to drop them at the moment is the J3-golem(maybe phorid too, haven't tested.) and this is just making it impossible to aquire any decent amount of mutagen.

It would make no sense at all for it to NOT be a very poorly timed bug seeing as you can't find mutagen from anything besides potentially the J3-Golem who was supposed to be replaced this update.

Yeah about that, Blatant and pure unfiltered LIE from DE. That's always nice, Lying to the Playerbase that supports you.

Scratch the earlier bosses dropping mutagen thing, now the J3-golem doesn't have any either but supposedly the derelicts do? this is unacceptable.

I'm expected to randomly go around smashing all boxes I find and hope I get the navs then wait hours before trying to gather a bunch of mutagen samples? DE please stop this madness.

You might've not seen mutagen samples drop from derelicts for one simple reason.. while they certainly moved them behind grindwall, DE didn't think of at the very least increasing the drop rate. I'd actually say they're even rarer now. In 3 runs I managed to get one sample... one... even counting in bad luck that is pretty #*($%%@ up.

Also, this is not a bug. Gone from all planets at once? Tooltips changed? Bugged drop tables don't change tooltips... no no no, this was very much deliberate and on top of that this wasn't even mentioned in the damn patch notes.

Maybe DE wanted to give people incentive to run those derelicts aside from farming the boss, but going about it this stupidly and being so shady about it is inexcusable. 

I said it after the Void key fiasco and I'll say it again. At some point incompetence stops being cute and starts to get annoying.. we're long past that point.

Edited by LocoWithGun

If they can only be found on derelicts they should basically be dropping in bundles of (at least)3-5 and more commonly than now.

This "incentive" to run the levels is another poorly planned rushjob that shouldn't exist unless DE wants to lose what little trust in them people have left.