Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry component tab needs an update

SnowyGreyish

With an increase in the number of crafting components with each larger update to the game, the component tab in foundry is becoming a swarmed tab. It would be good to update this tab to acommodate for all the different materials/crafting components. Perhaps add tabs so you can look at categories separately.

Suggestions for these tabs:

• Plants
  • Mined gems/minerals
  • Fish parts
  • Open-world resources
  • "Traditional resources" (nano spores, orokin cell, ...)
  • Faction/syndicate resources (debt-bond, floof tags, vitus essence)

On a side note, it would be great if you could access this tab while in missions too (at least in the open world maps) and not rely solely on bracket names in chat for your status on a material.

Warframe0001.jpg?w=640&h=640&fit=clip

Edited by SnowyGreyish
Trying to add a picture showing the problem

40 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

You're going to need to use a URL from a photo site. Imgur.com is a common one. Otherwise we can see your image.

But yes that tab is a mess.

I used a photobucket link, apparently that isn't compatible. It was merely an in-game picture of that list, so it's not important.

Edited by SnowyGreyish

while that menu could get better, i really wonder if it might be better off just being a shortcut to a tab of the Inventory menu in some way. so that any work put into either Components or Inventory improves both ends.

32 minutes ago, SnowyGreyish said:

I used a photobucket link, apparently that isn't compatible.

it definitely is, you just need a direct link for it to be embedded. some Image Hosts are gross and try to prevent hot-linking, though.
i understand that hot-linking prevents them getting Ad revenue but hot-linking is like, 99% the reason anybody uploads a picture so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it definitely is, you just need a direct link for it to be embedded. some Image Hosts are gross and try to prevent hot-linking, though.
i understand that hot-linking prevents them getting Ad revenue but hot-linking is like, 99% the reason anybody uploads a picture so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tried all options from their "Photo Hosting Links" list and checked if they were viewable afterwards from another browser, they're not.

21 minutes ago, SnowyGreyish said:

Tried all options from their "Photo Hosting Links" list and checked if they were viewable afterwards from another browser, they're not.

Photobucket prevents all hot-linking, so you can't embed from their Servers. you'd have to just have a normal link.
here's a random example i found through the front page.
YsjkMTV.png

you probably noticed that going to any image, the page chugs for a long time, the URL changes twice, Et Cetera? part of them preventing hot-linking.

• Like 1