Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is "sb" acronym in Warframe?

Gussygoose

Question

A Guy on sortie said this to me twice. It was the last sortie, mobile defense, I waited at the extraction.

@Gussygoose sb

I jokingly replied "spongebob?"

Then he replied "You know language?" then proceed using f**k you.

I went on him, and saw his character seems to be stucked running in the lift below.

so i said "Your character seems to be stuck on the ground."

"ok find the way" "go" he said
"Trigger extraction is better 🙂 * I said.

he whisper me one last time after I got on the Orbiter and said "f**k you" again.
and instantly, he ignored me.

at first I was bright and cheerful mood playing the sortie, and this left me confused, with a slightly mad "what the hell is wrong with him?".

Don't know if he's being a jerk, I don't know what his problem is, he's MR19, cannot mention his username here as it will violate forum's guideline.

13 answers to this question

I did a little digging, and found one possibility. However, I have one question first: which region do you play in?

Edit: You know what? Nevermind. I'm going to have a nap now, so I can't wait for your answer to my question any longer. I'm just going to lay out my theory.

I thought the clue was in the hostile tone of your encounter, and the line "You know language?" After digging around a little, I think there is a possibility you just met a Chinese speaker. In this case, "sb" stands for "Sha bi," and is a common insult in Chinese online games. Roughly speaking, it means "stupid b****."

Do what you will with this theory. I'm going to have shut-eye.

Edited by KnossosTNC

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

In this case, "sb" stands for "Sha bi," and is a common insult in Chinese online games.

Yes. This explained my question. Thank you very much. Cheers! 😁

The guy is most likely chinese since I was playing on Southeast asia server.

He indeed wrote some unread text that is written like this -> **** if i recall correctly.

Don't play with randos. They are not worth your time and all you are doing is enabling them. Make friends, find a clan, run with people who are worth your time. If no other options present check around for builds and strategies. Its possible to cheese/solo most content. 

26 minutes ago, Sageis said:

Don't play with randos. They are not worth your time and all you are doing is enabling them.

That's IMO a gross overreaction, and not a feasible solution for many players.

Randos are ~fine the vast majority of the time (in my experience at least), and the odd bad apple now and then
only makes me appreciate all those other players that do their best to contribute / make the mission more fun.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sageis said:

Don't play with randos. They are not worth your time and all you are doing is enabling them. Make friends, find a clan, run with people who are worth your time. If no other options present check around for builds and strategies. Its possible to cheese/solo most content. 

Yeah, but how do you go about doing all that? Yes, it IS possible, but why? Why would you make the game harder? Not everyone has the same point of view as you, and that's pretty ignorant - "they are not worth your time" - I have played in squads quite regularly and I have encountered some great people who are not only polite, but didn't "waste" my time.

Toxic players are frustrating but an unfortunate part of the game. They usually blame other players for their own misgivings. 

That said, I also definitely wouldn’t dismiss random games. Yes clan first but I’ve had some fantastic times playing with random squads, especially when you strike gold and the squad stick together for different missions. Rare but great when it happens. 

• Like 1