The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So much money...

Velaethia

17 hours ago, Velaethia said:

I have spent WAY too much money on warframe. I like the game, and want to support the devs. But like I just bought 2.1k plat for $50! I won't buy plat at full price but when I get that 50% coupon I have a hard time resisting. I also bought several prime packs. I don't even wanna know how much I've spent! I'm quite sure DE appreciates it. I am by no means wealthy. I grew up in extreme poverty and now middle class. I should be paying down my debt with my excess funds... but my warframe addictions calls to me. I suppose if I smoked I'd likely spend more money on that a month then I do on warframe... that doesn't actually make me feel any better.

Anyone else have problems spending too much on warframe?

I admire your dedication to Warframe...but real life stuff should come first. Get your debts paid off, then you'll have more to waste invest in this awesome game. :wink:

I support the game, as and when I can. I've bought a fair bit of plat in the 15 months I've been playing...must be around 5k total, though I tend to buy the 1k bundles when they're on discount. Not bought any Prime bundles (yet) though I have spent a fair bit on Tennogen.

My worst gaming addiction so far has to be Armored Warfare, when I went on a premium tank buying binge a couple of years ago, spending €150 on them over one Christmas period.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

18 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Anyone else have problems spending too much on warframe?

no, because thats the only way youre going to enjoy the game, unfortunately the people that will never spend money or support DE are the ones that screw up RNG so i have to either farm until my eyes bleed or i have just outright purchase stuff im tired of farming for.

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I admire your dedication to Warframe...but real life stuff should come first. Get your debts paid off, then you'll have more to waste invest in this awesome game. :wink:

So in my defense I'd likely have spent that money on some other junk rather then paying down my debt if it didn't go to warframe. Though that doesn't make it better. To be fair the main reason I am in debt is because I recently had a surgery out of state and while the insurance covered the surgery itself not everything was covered so had to pay out of pocket. Led me to almost 2k in debt. Before that I was $300 in debt. So... not as bad as some people. My Mother is like $10,000 in debt (not counting college debt). And that's paid down from the $25,000 it was 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

THANK YOU. I also payed a lot but:

1. Its a good game

2. I get value for my money (in my opinion)

3. I help to keep the game running

4. I know that will play it at least another 1000 hours

5. I dont smoke or drink alcohol so I have a bit more than other people

I don't smoke, I do buy cannabis and alcohol which I consume infrequently. Gaming is my main hobby, and probably my only one that really costs money. I have several streaming services subscription which total $40 which tends to be cheaper then normal cable packages now days. I'll occasionally buy movies. But usually all my excess money goes to games one way or another. Or the occasional eating out with family or friends. I do need to work more on paying down my debt but a friend owes me like $200 I'll use to pay it down some. Also I like that I am not obligated in any way to pay a dime. I choose to spend money. A clanmate of mine doesn't understand spending money on the game, and I was like dude if it weren't for people like me you wouldn't be able to play right now. The free to play players benefit from those who purchase plat. Because yeah you can trade for plat but plat only enters the economy from buying (or rarely winning) it from DE. 

Honestly, it's not really the money I spent that's scary for me (was reasonable).... It's the time spent vs the money I could have made by working a side job or doing something productive with my life instead of killing grineers and corpuses.

Did the math a year ago, and If I add up all the hours I played Warframe together since launch, I would have played the equivalent of working a full time job 40 hour a week for one and a half year. If you do the math , even at minimum wage, I would probably have 50k+ saved in my bank account (plus the cash I would have saved not spending anything on plat).

Again, keep in mind those hours were spread on 5+ years and that people need hobbies and pastimes, not just working 12 hours a day every day. Still , makes you think about the real life consequences of gaming a huge portion of your free time and if there wasn't something more productive I could have done with my spare time...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Again, keep in mind those hours were spread on 5+ years and that people need hobbies and pastimes, not just working 12 hours a day every day. Still , makes you think about the real life consequences of gaming a huge portion of your free time and if there wasn't something more productive I could have done with my spare time...

You had fun, fun reduces stress, good for your mental health. Some people collect coins, play chess, play act, murder, dance, larp, art w/e. Everyone needs a hobby and some hobbies are free, some cost, and others you can even make money off of. But regardless you need a stress relief. If you were working those hours instead of playing warframe the amount of stress because of losing out on recreational activity would've probably brought you into a deep depression in which you lost your jobs and just want to sleep all day.