Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blast Proc Rework Ideas

coldForce3000

Just my ideas on making blast damage/procs a bit more worthwhile:

Currently, blast procs ragdoll any and all enemies off into the sunset. While enjoyable, this means you must then also travel off into the sunset to actually find and kill them, rinse and repeat. Personally, I don't think this effect works that well with either melee or ranged weapons (enemies fly out of melee range or get knocked down and out of your crosshairs.) My suggested changes:

Blast procs act more along the lines of a flashbang, inflicting shellshock on enemies rather than knockback. Essentially, blast procs would keep their current range, but act as a tiny Radial Blind instead. Lethal blast procs/damage would still ragdoll relevant dead enemies.

Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, coldForce3000 said:

Blast procs act more along the lines of a flashbang, inflicting shellshock on enemies rather than knockback [...] but act as a tiny Radial Blind instead. 

so, effectively nerfing Blast Status to be about the same as Impact Status?

15 minutes ago, coldForce3000 said:

Personally would still prefer enemies to remain upright instead of playing dead enmasse.

it's beneficial in the vast majority of situations. better to gripe about the Damage Type, than the Status Effect.