Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

15 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

A player who runs into any kind of real world issues during that time requiring them to not play for a couple of days, or who is gone away for a weekend suddenly forfeits that week of buffer. 

I'm an adult with bills, work and I spend my weekends with my family/friends/significant other. I feel most of this content is gonna be impossible to grind in the 10 weeks and that's even if I spend all my Warframe time doing nothing but these challenges rather than any other goal I might have at the time. Last night I spent my entire 'Warframe time' doing these and got halfway to tier 2. All the dailies, some of the weeklies and I still can't even get lowly jaw sword? 

Also the 'do three rounds of Sanctuary' was just causing people to PUG up and then drop out after 3. After the host migration there was only two of us left, the other fellow on comms said that had been happening to him all night. 

To those that praise the new system:

You're obviously not a new player. Yes, it's kind of cool. A new way of doing things. My first impression was "Wow, I can get slots and potatoes!" After seeing what was involved in getting them I questioned the reasoning. New system because you might miss something? We're not that gullible. I'm Mr19 and can take the Mr20 test. What that means is I love the game and don't mind grinding for what I want. Now it's "If you want it you will have to grind harder to get it."

Sure, if you have a team of veterans it's not necessarily a big deal .... But isn't it? Grinding is half the fun. Doing the quests was great fun. Playing with friends is a blast. But this. This is an insult. This isn't a better way of getting items because you might miss something on alerts. This is a "Grind, Grind like H**l. Or, buy some Plat.

Which one is easier? For a veteran it can be fun to get things in a different way. For a newbie it's a nightmare! Hmm, looks like you left them out. 

Balance. That is missing. My take is leave the Alerts alone!!! Add the Wolf like it's a new quest. A new way of doing things "ALONG" with the old Alert system. Don't forcefeed us to do it. Buying potatoes and slots is easier than this Grindfest. But isn't that what you were aiming for? Pay to play?

New players WILL see this as VERY hard and they WILL see this as a pay to play. This is a mistake and hopefully you will fix it.

Forceing us to Multiplayer is not the way to go either. I am a solo player for many reasons. Unless you have "Friends that play together, that know each other, that play other games together or at least ALL have headsets and can communicate it can be a very bad experience. When I have played with randoms I have had players that didn't know how to play, players that DOMINATED the game, players that didn't care and those that were afk. And I have had my share of AFK players that wanted you to do the work. I've played with randoms that had screaming children in the background or horrible music playing. I can do most missions by myself and those that I can't are trivial anyway. I don't need them.

I know, Some players will say "Just exit." But that just proves my point. The new way will force you to have friends or randoms on some missions. I don't like that. As I said I am a solo player for many reasons. I really enjoyed grinding for what I wanted. 

Keep the Alerts. Now be fair with them and don't change it to make us have to do the wolf.

Balance. Don't you want New Players to stay? Yes you have millions of L.... Users. But, do they all play? Nope, or you wouldn't change. Cha-Ching! 

I bought Prime Access. I bought Plat. I supported the game. I loved Warframe. Now.... I just don't know... I'll be a "Glass half full." For now that is. I'll give you a chance to get this right.

I really don't think you thought this one through though. You totally forgot about the new players. Give new players a chance/reason. Let them get sucked in to an awesome game, the way it was but help them don't drive them away. And don't drive your veterans away.

Balance. 

15 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Look DE, in all seriousness: We like you, we like your game, we like the concept of this, but please look at the feedback you're getting. Perhaps ask a couple of questions like "Do we want people who have full time jobs or families to be able to experience our game fully?"

This is going to bite you in the ass.

EDIT: If nothing else, how about a constructive suggestion?

Choose Weekly Challenges From The List

In other words, each week we can complete and gain Standing from three Elite tasks and seven standard tasks, but the actual tasks on offer are five Elite and ten standard tasks. Once a player gains standing from their allowed number of tasks, the others grey out and are no longer completable. 

Instantly means that a crappy draw one week is not going to screw someone over.

Still does nothing to sort out the whole "Real life is more important than the game" thing, though.

This is good feedback.  

That is all 🙂

Listen, I'm not the elitist guy.

But I'm seeing so many posts of "Hey, I should be allowed to get content I don't want to chase". and thinking to myself... What the #*!%?

Has the Warframe player grown so entitled? What is next? You want Maiming strike to drop on your inventory when the acolytes event starts without having to go after them?

I'm sorry, but if there is an activity or game event you don't want to take part in. THen perhappes you don't Deserve the rewards of it.

It's not even that hard. If you do random things through out a week you are very likely to end up doing all of them. And occasionally grind an extra ~2k from capturing the fugitives.

Just now, Duduminador said:

But I'm seen so many posts of "Hey, I should be allowed to get content I don't want to chase". and thinking to myself... What the #*!%?

Has the Warframe player grown so entitled? What is next? You want Maiming strike to drop on your inventory when the acolytes event starts without having to go after them?

I'm sorry, but if there is an activity or game event you don't want to take part in. THen perhappes you don't Deserve the rewards of it.

It's not even that hard. If you do random things through out a week you are very likely to end up doing all of them. And occasionally grind an extra ~2k from capturing the fugitives.

The problem is that it's not new content or even a real event, it's a replacement for what we already have and it gives way less of the old rewards for way more grind.

If it was just another event and Alerts hadn't being removed to make place for it, there would be no problem, then we get the fact new players get screwed over badly with this system.

You're basically saying people don't deserve the old rewards they could get way more of before if they refuse to do the news challenges, that's wrong, at least to me.

I have concerns.  How long is a series?  Why allow them to expire instead of choosing to apply credit to older series?

Old alerts you only had to be on when they were up.  With these it's basically MMO weekly quests.  Except there's a cumulative reward so you have to stay on top of them.  But the fact that they expire/go way if you take a break (and I can't find info anywhere on when a series ends and rewards expire, so that timing seems unpredictable) really then suffers the same problems as the login system, which went about 2 years too far before finally being capped off into evergreen rewards.  Actually worse, since players may unexpectedly *lose* progress thanks to the expiration.

I'm not a fan of adding more and more systems that require constant babysitting and endless logins.

The overall system of weeklies awarding currency for an "alert" reward shop is great.  But the separate series beginning and ending and the timed-reset 30-rank progress tracker is what's offputting about all of this.  Why not just a continuous rank tracker, and replace "series" with "sprints" of new rewards?  You can still use "evergreen" bonus rewards for everyone who is caught up and stopped at max rank (basically fill the rep bar to earn a bonus reward instead of a new rank if currently at max), and for those who aren't maxed and earn above pace, those extra ranks catch them up towards the current "series." 

The tie-in mini-events don't have to be directly linked to the rewards someone may be earning.  It's not immersion-breaking to earn WoS6 armor while finishing out your old sprint during a... let's say, Corpus mafia story as the current one.

6 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

You're basically saying people don't deserve the old rewards they could get way more of before if they refuse to do the news challenges, that's wrong, at least to me.

I just got Nezha's latest alternate helmet blueprint from it.

Never managed to get the alert with it before. Will probably save future Wolf Creds for Catalysts since they were so rare before.

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

I have concerns.  How long is a series?  Why allow them to expire instead of choosing to apply credit to older series?

Old alerts you only had to be on when they were up.  With these it's basically MMO weekly quests.  Except there's a cumulative reward so you have to stay on top of them.  But the fact that they expire/go way if you take a break (and I can't find info anywhere on when a series ends and rewards expire, so that timing seems unpredictable) really then suffers the same problems as the login system, which went about 2 years too far before finally being capped off into evergreen rewards.  

I'm not a fan of adding more and more systems that require constant babysitting and endless logins.

According to DE , it is 10 weeks long seasonal event.

11 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

But I'm seen so many posts of "Hey, I should be allowed to get content I don't want to chase". and thinking to myself... What the #*!%?

Okay an example of a rl situation like this:

Lets say you work for an insurance company and your job is it to sell contracts. you like your job. You earn 2000$ a month for 100 hours of work.

Now your boss comes and tells you due to financial issues you have to work 250 hours a month with still the same income. Furthermore you have to do other tasks like cleaning the toilets, washing the boss' car, etc.

Whats the result ? You would quit the job very fast i guess. You see what i want to point out ? More time investment and things you are forced to do but you got still the same earning of it.

Guess no one would do that in rl. So why should we do this in a game that only exists for the "fun" ? 

Weekly challenges costed me around 5hrs. 15 Nitains, with old system, min 15 days. Now I will sit here and wait for another wave of complains which will look like: We need more Weekly challenges, because we made all challenges in split second after the reset and now we are boring because we must wait for next reset which is near week far.

3 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

I just got Nezha's latest alternate helmet blueprint from it.

Never managed to get the alert with it before.

Yes, well seeing how the rewards available for purchase are random it was still up to RNG weather you got that or not.

I mean, the fact it works for you doesn't mean it doesn't need fixing, your anecdotal experience is certainly not what all players, or new players will face.

Just now, trunks013 said:

Rly ? Why ?

Becaause the old one gave you item when mission done and not needed to get a certain tier to get these wolf creds to buy the thing you need, Much easier and doing these challenges where you need a friend or two is not easy if you are a lonewolf. And doing 8 bounties on Cetus..? Why? They should have putted in smth else that stuff like that. 

42 minutes ago, (PS4)capain_beyond said:

I'm an adult with bills, work and I spend my weekends with my family/friends/significant other. I feel most of this content is gonna be impossible to grind in the 10 weeks and that's even if I spend all my Warframe time doing nothing but these challenges rather than any other goal I might have at the time. Last night I spent my entire 'Warframe time' doing these and got halfway to tier 2. All the dailies, some of the weeklies and I still can't even get lowly jaw sword?

Also the 'do three rounds of Sanctuary' was just causing people to PUG up and then drop out after 3. After the host migration there was only two of us left, the other fellow on comms said that had been happening to him all night. 

Can confirm that. It's basically impossible to get a random squad that goes beyond zone 3 anymore. RIP to all people trying to farm Khora...

A bigger variety of challenges to do would help because with alerts i could choose my battle. Not gonna do a Spy or Defection for a nitain, no problem, i'll wait for the next one. Now i have to do 5 simaris scans and do a hydrolyst. If i don't, i'm cutting myself off one or two of the reward tiers because i can never catch up the wasted standing. How many "Elite Weekly" am i allowed to miss before i can't even get a single Nitain anymore?

Needs way more challenges with bigger rewards or repeatable challenges, probably not for the spray a glyph thing but 25 enemy scans? Make it repeatable so i can use it to make up for passing on the elite challenges. Or a repeatable challenge for doing 3 invasion mission, that's surely not unreasonable, right?

And having Wolf Creds expire after each season makes sure that casual players will never ever reach anything above tier 10... at least that's where i see my limit.

4 minutes ago, ItsAdrian_98 said:

Becaause the old one gave you item when mission done and not needed to get a certain tier to get these wolf creds to buy the thing you need, Much easier and doing these challenges where you need a friend or two is not easy if you are a lonewolf. And doing 8 bounties on Cetus..? Why? They should have putted in smth else that stuff like that. 

I know the feeling but the reward are just wow . A guaranteed arcane energize !

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I know the feeling but the reward are just wow . A guaranteed arcane energize !

The rank up rewards are not the issue, the ones you used to get before that need to be bought off of random lists for Wolf Creds are.

The old rewards are now locked behind a new grind and are numerically a lot less then before and very limited if not out right unattainable for new players.

That's the problem.

My guess, DE are scared that their player might go off play another games and wont come back to this grindfest, so they try to make players spend more time grinding things that can be obtained easier before.. I’ll try to get 1 umbra forma and then im done with this alert if it still continue like this..

I dun understand what some of TENNO is thinking. What is less content more Grind? Are u kidding me this new content is so easy and fun at least u know what u get. The best part is challenge that u will not know and surprise that will keep coming. Please be content what DE given us. Today i had only use 5hrs to complete all task and now trying to hunt the wolf to earn extra standing. 

Archived