Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

d1adccb6c98a4c92fc9509362637387c.jpg

Nightwave has arrived - are you listening, Dreamer?

Introducing Nora Night - a rogue interplanetary Radio host who has tales from the Origin System for your ears only.  

Participate in each Nightwave Series for unique stories, exclusive rewards, and access to Nora's wares.

Introducing Nightwave Series 1, Episode 1: The Wolf of Saturn Six.
Login now to begin discovering what Nora Night has to say - and oh yeah, she has incentives.

Nora is in the business of storytelling - and The Wolf of Saturn Six is just her first story to tell. After many weeks, she'll liven the airwaves with a new story... check back soon, Tenno.

DISCLAIMER:
- The arrival of Nightwave is simultaneous on ALL Warframe Platforms (PC, PS4, XB1, and Nintendo Switch). We all lift together!
- This is release has resulted in the removal of Alerts - read this thread for more information:

GET STARTED:

- Simply login, listen, and begin. Whether you want to set off on the Daily/Weekly/Elite Weekly challenges across your normal play, or focus, the choice is yours.
- Learn about the Wolf of Saturn Six through Nora's first Episode.
- Observe timers and more to plan your progress and set goals for the content you want.
- Progress through the Reward Tiers of the Series by completing Daily/Weekly/Elite Weekly challenges.
- If and when you progress through all 30 Reward Tiers, you can Prestige them to earn more Wolf Cred.

TL;DR with Nightwave's arrival, some existing things are being replaced:

- Random Alerts are going away and have been replaced with a Rotation of rewards within Nora's Cred Offerings. This allows players to plan, prioritize and access content for free that previously relied on 'right time, right place' often within a 60 minute window.
- Old mission XP challenges from within single missions are going away - replaced with Nora's challenges that persist throughout multiple missions and have more substantial reward. Old mission XP challenges rewarded one thing: Affinity in a mission. Now by completing Nora's broader challenges, called Acts, you can unlock different rewards by simply playing the game with these new challenges in mind.

Each Platform has their own notes here:
PC:https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1064591-fortuna-update-2430-nightwave/

Xbox One: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1064595-xb1-nightwave/

Nintendo Switch: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1064590-fortuna-the-profit-taker-nightwave/

Playstation 4: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1064601-ps4-nightwave/

But please us this thread for discussion!

Full news here: https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-1-the-wolf-of-saturn-six

so far these are really bad, EVERY item is far too expensive, you earn the credits too slow, and are unable to earn them outside of ranking up in the syndicate. there is no repeatable mission beyond the daily, but once completed, you have to wait, A DAY. nitain is even more time gated and exclusive, stuck behind the standing system, because you dont get wolf cred  outside of the standing rewards (it also cost the same amount as the cosmetic rewards, so you have to make the tradeoff, resources you NEED, or cosmetics you don't. VERY POORLY IMPLEMENTED. ) some rewards like the umbral form are once per quarter, so 4 in a YEAR. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO USE IT FOR. What content would warrant its use, or warrant such extreme exclusivity of builds for warframes/weapons, because there is no content in the game now that requires such min maxing.

Tldr the wolf of saturn six is BAD.

Remember when a low MR player would ask in chat to be taxied to a Potato or weapon BP alert, because he was new and didn't have that planet unlocked yet? And you would get him there and carry him for the whole mission and feel really good after? Yeah, that's gone now 😞

I mean what are they going to say now: "Please carry me for 3 weeks worth of farming, I really need that Catalyst?"

1 minute ago, Drivrius said:

Remember when a low MR player would ask in chat to be taxied to a Potato or weapon BP alert, because he was new and didn't have that planet unlocked yet? And you would get him there and carry him for the whole mission and feel really good after? Yeah, that's gone now 😞

I mean what are they going to say now: "Please carry me for 3 weeks worth of farming, I really need that Catalyst?"

ANOTHER reason this system is bad

So i've done a good majority of the challenges by now. I really like this new system so far. I honestly do not get all the complaints. It's just so much better.

There's at least 10 weeks for the event from what Rebb said, it takes around 6 and half weeks to max rank 30. So you can still miss around 3 weeks and a half worth of missions for the event and still cap it. It's really not a huge deal. The rewards are LEAGUES better than the stuff you got at regular alerts and far more interesting and unique, specially considering there'll be new stuff every season. People keep saying "I could get a nitain in 5 min before", but that's _IF_ the alert for that nitain didn't happen to come online at 3am while you were asleep or in the middle of a work shift, which it often did. 

It feels like people are complaining so much just because they feel "pressured" to do all the missions all at once. You have one week to do most of that stuff. A bunch of it can be done simultaneously. You get the kills while doing invasions, equip a helius and get the scans while doing bounties, etc. 

The intro was awesome in terms of story, I just really hope there's going to be more lore drops throughout the season (like every 5 ranks or at least every 10 ranks) instead of just one intro cutscene and then maybe one final cutscene at the end. It'd be really nice if there was more story tidbits throughout. So here's hoping. 

Also the elite weekly alerts were kinda lacking in challenge tbh. Steve said in the devstream they were going to be super challenging, require maximum knowledge of the game and the meta, etc. Honestly the only one I thought was interesting was capturing the hydrolist. Killing 100 eximus for example, instead of that grindy requirement, should be something like killing 20 eximus of at least level 100+ for example. More challenge, less grind. I really expect better challenges out of these elite weekly alerts and more story out of the series. That's about it, other than that I'm really enjoying the new system. 

This new alert system needs to improve in some way, shape or form. For starters, 10 weeks? Ya' probably should expand that to 15 or 20, not everyone has the time to run this stuff extensively. The daily missions should also offer a little bit more than just standing. Throw in a light amount of wolf creds, resources, blueprints, and more, keep us incentivized. Sure, the old alert system wasn't special, but if you wanted to run a 300 oxium alert, you could. And the Wolf himself...Dear god, running my hybrid crit/status Vaykor Hek with corrosive, and I didn't strip much of his armor or his health, so some adjustments could be made, just not to the same extreme as Stalker.

Things are wrong with this new system. Now it takes a lot more of real time to get enough Wolf Cred  to buy the things you bought in the same amout of time before this change. 

Before if you login some time a day, you could get all the helmets in a few weeks, now you will have to complete all the weekly missions for more than a month to get... 4 or 5. 

I hope you guys introduce a way to get the Wolf credits on a faster way than what it is right now, even when i almost dont need any of the things that came with alerts before i understand why new players who could get 5 nintain from 5 maps now have to farm 20k of Wolf Reputation even if they only needed 1 more. I think it could been handled better. 

5 hours ago, Drivrius said:

I just realized something = New players are screwed aren't they?

I mean, if I focus all my play time I could probably get all I want in time, maybe, but I have the chart finished, all but 3 frames, tons of prime weapons and every prime mod I want and with that can do pretty much any mission, but new players who are the one who will need that extra potato the most, or are dying to get extra slots are out of luck.

Seems counter intuitive to make something that leaves new players behind and requires a huge grind to older players, pretty much leaves no one happy...

I mean, I haven't even started to grind and I already miss "Alerts", was making the good stuff (alt helms, weapon BP and potatoes) have a 24h timer too hard? Why re-invent the wheel and then make it square?

Yeah, I think the point is to force new players to just pay up for prime access.  I'm relatively new, MR11, but I at least have 15ish prime frames and a decent amount of prime weapons, sitting on 10-12 forma and some reserve catalysts and reactors.  Got most of the rare mods I need aside from 6-8 primed mods.  Already have all the Aura's and nightmare mods, and have no use for nitain outside of cosmetic helmets, but I have 15-20 anyway.  If I was just hitting MR4 with 3 frames and a hek, I'd quit.  I bought prime access after my first month because I WANTED to spend money on the game, have some plat to play with, and get 90 day boosters to play a game I had fallen in-love with.  I wouldn't make that same choice as a new player with this system, because the former didn't make you feel like you needed to buy plat.  This new one does in order to potato your frames and weapons, while having very little to do unless you are wanting to invest 3hr in a story mission as a new player.

The alerts need to be brought back along side this coyote cash thing like someone above said, and it needs to happen soon.

10 minutes ago, SarusMindfury said:

Things are wrong with this new system. Now it takes a lot more of real time to get enough Wolf Cred  to buy the things you bought in the same amout of time before this change. 

Before if you login some time a day, you could get all the helmets in a few weeks, now you will have to complete all the weekly missions for more than a month to get... 4 or 5. 

I hope you guys introduce a way to get the Wolf credits on a faster way than what it is right now, even when i almost dont need any of the things that came with alerts before i understand why new players who could get 5 nintain from 5 maps now have to farm 20k of Wolf Reputation even if they only needed 1 more. I think it could been handled better. 

Its quite good business really what they have done is actually give us less while claiming to give us more because we get a choice now, lol.

Wait.... What?? I know Warframe is a co-op game. I loved it because I could solo it. I would have to play with randoms. I did my share of that and I'm tired of it. Others either don't know how to play or want to dominate and NOT play as a team. Now you're making it even more difficult to play. What was it? More money if we get players to co-op????  I know, I know, you have a business to run but I am a solo player and I've dumped enough money in for several players. I love the game. It's probably the best game I have ever played. I do like aspects of the new play BUT, I don't like being forced to play with others. Ever! Just to think, I have been singing praises about Warframe for a while now. This is a bad update.... And to top it off you screwed up my game. Your hot fix broke it. I stayed in my game as ordered. I restarted my game as ordered. It was corrupted. I worked on finding a solution for an hour. I had to delete Warframe and reinstall it. I don't have a super speed internet, it has taken a very long time to download. It's not done yet.

I'm very disappointed. Hopefully I will have everything back but if my suspicion is true....... I don't mind if there are aspects to the game that are done with others. But if we are forced to in order to proceed, advance or accomplish a necessity.... I just wish I knew in advance that you were going to do that. I would have never played it.

Please, think about your players. I'm just one in a sea of many that likes to play solo.

what i also do not understand is that they said with this new system we will be able to prioritize and all that and do the alerts we want.

i do not see that happening, since everything is time gated and under a reachable rank.

prioritize what exactly?

prioritize all the grind we have to go through to reach to the item we want after days of even more grindfest?

and compare this whole thing to the old alert system in which we clicked the alert we needed to go to and get the reward we needed in like 5-10 minutes?

DE, think this through a bit.

in your excitement to release this content, you forgot that we have lives and jobs too.

we do not live in the game.

make this whole thing reachable to all kinds of players, casuals, new, old, hardcore and so forth.

by the looks of it, only the hardcore players will be playing this nightwave mode (up until they get tired of it too) and all the rest will be either playing other games or do other things in game and not the nightwave mode, for sure.

adjust it accordingly, or bring back the old alert system along with the new and let the players decide which one to be using.

forcing the players to be playing the way you want to is not the way, many games have tried that and we all know where they ended up.

thank you for reading!

I couldn't agree with you more! It's becoming a grind like heck, and who has the time for that, or pay to play. It's easier to fork out the money for plat to buy reactors, slots and stuff. Grind and sell parts and mods for plat but the key word is GRIND! It makes me tired just thinking about it. Same levels over and over and over again.

I called it, just tried 3 times in the last tens mins for the Triedolon got landed with atleast 2mote players each time under mr7. Great work DE. All for helping players on a hunt, only reason I got a decent amp was because of players helping, but when you've only got starter gear you should be staying with just the 1 and as much as I can do a fair bit damage im not at the stage where I Can carry 3 people and do all 3 myself yet... Guess its time to find some friends or go play something else.

I support suggestions given regarding making standing and creds less time consuming to acquire. Balance it a little more to new/casual players, make it less stressful to miss some of current challenges.

I also have an idea for nightwave challenge that I think would bring somewhat of an old alerts feel:

Complete a specific kind of mission (on specific planet or node or against specific faction or specific mission type) with special modifiers for weakly and elite.

This should bring random players together and should feel less like you're grinding some mundane task.

Or is something like this already in the roster?

I have to admit that those goals are putting me off from the game. 

I don´t need any more stress in my life, i have my job for that.. more schedules routines and timers god no.

Most of these are like long term goals, like that umbra forma, really you want me to grind my ass off for that don´t you? well with this update you killed it for me sorry.

56 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

that is very true.

this new alert system, as it is right now, it is very bad even for us, the more experienced and progressed players.

for the newer players is a nightmare, not a nightwave.

And couple of questions:

Which of the rewards are exclusive to this episode? I'd appreciate those were marked in some way in game.

Will lore and exclusive rewards be gone truly forever after episode ends? This is quite sad. Hope episode reruns will be a thing. I know there are subset of players who really love exclusivity in MMOs, but I think more accessible content will benefit community's spirit overall and in the long run.

I've witnessed the loss of new players. I've tried to help some to level up enough to actually play. DE loses new players on a regular basis and this just isn't going to help. Yes, they're Registered.... But they're not playing. 

Balance.... New players, Casual players, Hardcore and those that have limited time to play.

Please bring back the fun.

2 hours ago, PR0JAX said:

Umbra forma and new armor?  Woo!

Loving the update so far.  Even though the rewards/difficulty weren't the best, I'm really going to miss the old alerts.  I know you're trying to avoid the whole 'FOMO' thing, but a little credit boost or something like nitain is a good incentive to visit lower level areas again.

Why not have both?  Seems like they could work really well together with some tweaks.

EDIT: After thinking about it for a bit, the 'missing out' thing doesn't make any sense.  These rewards and this new currency are still time-limited and only unlocked sequentially with the threat of all your progress disappearing, so what exactly is gained by removing alerts?  If anything, this requires more of a time commitment than before.

The new system has potential, but IMO a good balance of short-term daily/hourly console alerts combined with weekly/monthly challenges from Nora would be preferable.

EDIT2: The more I play it, the less I like it.  I know the alert rewards weren't great and the Lotus' reminders could get annoying, but now it just feels emptier.  They need fixing, not removal.

EDIT3:  ... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

Ha, this was my exact reaction as well.  First time I saw the new system in game I was excited.  Checked a couple of the chores off the list and started thinking this is not any more convenient.  Looked at the requirements after another mission and it finally dawned on me that this is a very shallow attempt to pull the wool over our eyes.  They added frame and weapon slots, so you are no longer forced to purchase them.  But really all it does is cut 30-40% of the slot purchases, while at the same time making potatoes extremely rare in comparison, thus meaning the number of potatoes bought with plat will skyrocket.

This is the first time I've looked at Warframe and been truly disappointed with its monetization.  I knew it wouldn't last forever and that it was too good to be true.  Sadly this looks like the first major step towards the mobile definition of "free-to-play".  I hope I'm wrong and they reintroduce alerts alongside it, with some balancing changes as well.  Really don't want to quit now, but I'm really not liking what I'm seeing

Archived