Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Because he probably woke up at 3 once and that kinda made is mark. 

Happen to me when my daughter woke up in the night paff there was an alert i got a vauban part i think it was the helmet ^.^ 

while holding a baby and a milk bottle and an controller

sounds like a memorable moment in your gaming history! 😉

I'm a new player and can't hunt Eidolons yet (-5000), I have no friends who play Warframe (-5000) and I only have 3 ayatan sculptures (-3000).

So I will be able to complete 2.5 tiers in this week 

If this trend continues and this only lasts 10 weeks I already know I can't make it to level 30 no matter how much I grind.

All because I'm new and a solo player.

This is demotivating. At best.

14 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Catalyst reactors and nitein will probably not be rotated out. same with vaubans stuff you get 50 cred which is enough to get you one skin. you could get 50 cred in one day. however i am not saying that the way they spaced the cred is optimal. a change they could make is that you get cred with each rank up. but keep the 50 cred as a reward or don't

Agreed, better spacing or more ways of getting Wolf Cred is needed, I don't mind if the Rep required to cap is still beyond my means, I just want to at least have access to what I had before and to know new players are not stuck behind a grind wall they can't climb.

13 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Because he probably woke up at 3 once and that kinda made is mark. 

Happen to me when my daughter woke up in the night paff there was an alert i got a vauban part i think it was the helmet ^.^ 

while holding a baby and a milk bottle and an controller

or im just sick of waking up and finding a bunch in the 9 hours i've been asleep and the 9 hours i am at work  i missed a S#&$ ton of alerts.

hmm i wonder why i like this one better.

im not saying its prefect fyi.

just better by large then the old system.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)countcb said:

I'm a new player and can't hunt Eidolons yet (-5000), I have no friends who play Warframe (-5000) and I only have 3 ayatan sculptures (-3000).

If this trend continues and this only lasts 10 weeks I already know I can't make it to level 30 no matter how much I grind.

its impossible not to have 3 ayatan. unless you purpofully don't do the daily ayatan missions for endo.

and some how are one of the mmythical doesn't get ayatan sculptures from sorties

the Ayatan mission is weekly so you have 7 days getting 3 ayatan is 3 days a matter of doing the ayatan mission once a day.

are Eidolons ranked locked now? i don't think they are.

some feedback i have.

first i think starting this new system in the middle of the week was a bad move since a lot of people are panicking over how short the current rotation is.

1. make the escapees more common (i.e more then the rare 3-4.)  or give better rewards. i.e more then 50 standing or make them give cred.

2. if DE is worried about catalyst hording with the creds then take them offf and put them on the tiers that reset once you hit max. that will prevent catalystt hording or incress the price other wise give us at lest 10 cred per tier along with the 50 cred rewards

3. Dailys are not dailys make them dailys i.e 1 day or change the name its false advertising at worst. and silly at best. 

4. more weekly missions if i can complete more then half the weeklys in 1 day they are not very weekly and as weeklys don't refresh in a day it makes it kinda run out of things to do quickly add a weekly for every mission type. one for survival, one for capture, one for exterminate, one for excavation, one for bosses and so on.

Just now, hazerddex said:

or im just sick of waking up and finding a bunch in the 9 hours i've been asleep and the 9 hours i am at work  i missed a S#&$ ton of alerts.

hmm i wonder why i like this one better.

im not saying its prefect fyi.

just better by large then the old system.

It's a great idea, just very poorly implemented at the moment.

Better and more numerous ways of getting Wolf creds would help, here's a wild thought why not have multipliers on rep based on MR, but inversely!

For example, I'm at MR 21 so the rep I gain at each challenge remains the same, given how if I wanted I could do all the challenges eventually.

But a new player, let's say MR 5 who can only do a handful of challenges get a x2 boost on the rep he gains, or even a x2 boost on rep and Wolf Creds, that way new players get a helping hand from the system and old vets have something to do.

Granted this doesn't help me or any other older player but at least it doesn't harm new players anymore.

11 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

the Ayatan mission is weekly so you have 7 days getting 3 ayatan is 3 days a matter of doing the ayatan mission once a day.

You can get one per week - it is a weekly as you said. I can't do it once a day.

I haven't done it because I didn't know I needed it for some new challenge.

I have 3. It's possible.

The reward shouldn't be for being there at the right time but for the completion of the thing. Make it so it's a quest which can be paused at any time. Make it so that players have the control over when they want to spend their time. You still have to do certain goals to achieve success. It doesn't have to be time limited. Isn't it enough that it's a long list of things you have to accomplish that takes 2-3 months to do ? We already have login rewards. 

6 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

It's a great idea, just very poorly implemented at the moment.

Better and more numerous ways of getting Wolf creds would help, here's a wild thought why not have multipliers on rep based on MR, but inversely!

For example, I'm at MR 21 so the rep I gain at each challenge remains the same, given how if I wanted I could do all the challenges eventually.

But a new player, let's say MR 5 who can only do a handful of challenges get a x2 boost on the rep he gains, or even a x2 boost on rep and Wolf Creds, that way new players get a helping hand from the system and old vets have something to do.

Granted this doesn't help me or any other older player but at least it doesn't harm new players anymore.

i think the biggest misake is what i said above "starting this new system in the middle of the week was a bad move since a lot of people are panicking over how short the current rotation is."

Just now, Dvvolf said:

The reward shouldn't be for being there at the right time but for the completion of the thing. Make it so it's a quest which can be paused at any time. Make it so that players have the control over when they want to spend their time. You still have to do certain goals to achieve success. It doesn't have to be time limited. Isn't it enough that it's a long list of things you have to accomplish that takes 2-3 months to do ? We already have login rewards. 

making it pausable is probably not a good idea. ( if your talking about the rotation that is.)

however i do think they need to add to the amount of weekly

20 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

3. Dailys are not dailys make them dailys i.e 1 day or change the name its false advertising at worst. and silly at best. 

4. more weekly missions if i can complete more then half the weeklys in 1 day they are not very weekly and as weeklys don't refresh in a day it makes it kinda run out of things to do quickly add a weekly for every mission type. one for survival, one for capture, one for exterminate, one for excavation, one for bosses and so on.

Great points! More things to do and at the same time more possible points in one week would be very appreciated.

I've been trying this for a bit and so far I'm loving it. I like the aesthetics, the lore, the rewards, the references and I feel really engaged. 

I'm a bit worried about the non selectable, cumulative and time gated nature of the rewards, the fact that we don't know when it will end and that the rate at which we acquire standing seems quite slow. One single line of progress seems a bit backwards. I can picture many players, specially the ones who can't play every day for hours  feeling dishearted and losing engagement completely when they reach a point where they're re mathematically out of the highest rewards. 

I would like to know how long will the nightwave last and also suggest an improvement:

Instead of one single line of 30, distribute the rewards in cycles (chapters?) maybe 3x10, and let us choose one reward out of 3 on every rank (like you already do with the syndicates, which makes it familiar and intuitive). Every time you reach 10, it would start the cycle over again indefinitely for the duration of the event. Some or all of the rewards could be labeled unique and be selectable only once, and be replaced with wolf creds for the next cycle. 

I believe that would keep players engaged for longer (because they would never be mathematically disqualified for the thing they want), give them agency and choice while taking away the resentment backlash something like ending at 27/30 because of a RL complication would cause. 

Thank you for your attention and hard work! 

26 minutes ago, (NSW)countcb said:

also if you need some one to run the sortie mission i am open  to doing it with you! offers going once going twice!

By the way, right now something strange have started:

Neso (Neptune) Invasion: Grineer (Forma Blueprint) VS. Corpus (Orokin Reactor Blueprint)

Nuovo (Ceres) Invasion: Corpus (Exilus Adapter Blueprint) VS. Grineer (Orokin Catalyst Blueprint)

What is yall thoughts about it?

The thing I find most disheartening about the new system is that they've locked some essentials behind a time-gate and a grind-gate. Remember, this is a game where your whole experience is tied to your weapons/frames progression. So gating nine weapon blueprints and a frame AND resources like this is... Inconsistent.

It would've been perfect if they've left the old system and implemented the new one, so the veterans have something to do and the newbies could have their resources and BPs. Say, we could farm Nightwave standing / Wolf creds for cosmetics and ornaments and have our occasional Void Fissure or a Nitain mission.

1 minute ago, yourmadwife said:

Neso (Neptune) Invasion: Grineer (Forma Blueprint) VS. Corpus (Orokin Reactor Blueprint)

Nuovo (Ceres) Invasion: Corpus (Exilus Adapter Blueprint) VS. Grineer (Orokin Catalyst Blueprint)

invations are randomly gen don't think to much about it

4 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

making it pausable is probably not a good idea. ( if your talking about the rotation that is.)

however i do think they need to add to the amount of weekly

Rotation isn't even a problem because all it means is that you spend your creds on the things that are currently in it. Cred shop has stuff that gets repeated. What I meant by pausing Is to turn the event into a quest. Let's say we get to series 3. I haven't finished my series 2 and I only got to level 15. I do my weekly for series 3 switch to series 2 in codex menu like i would do with quests and do some extra weekly challenges for series 2. Series 2 wouldn't give me creds anymore though. This means nobody misses on the content and people that missed it have more things to do in game.

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

also if you need some one to run the sortie mission i am open  to doing it with you! offers going once going twice!

Thanks for the offer! It's appreciated.

I'm working towards completing the war within quest. So currently I can't do Sorties. 😞

I'm on switch btw.

3 minutes ago, Dvvolf said:

Rotation isn't even a problem because all it means is that you spend your creds on the things that are currently in it. Cred shop has stuff that gets repeated. What I meant by pausing Is to turn the event into a quest. Let's say we get to series 3. I haven't finished my series 2 and I only got to level 15. I do my weekly for series 3 switch to series 2 in codex menu like i would do with quests and do some extra weekly challenges for series 2. Series 2 wouldn't give me creds anymore though. This means nobody misses on the content and people that missed it have more things to do in game.

problem with that idea is again the series are repeatable so if you get to rank 30 on it you get send back to rank 1. if you made it a quest it would be abuseable. also the tubemen weren't a quest but an alert. honestly you should look at the series as tactical alerts

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

problem with that idea is again the series are repeatable so if you get to rank 30 on it you get send back to rank 1. if you made it a quest it would be abuseable. also the tubemen weren't a quest but an alert. honestly you should look at the series as tactical alerts

I didn't know it is repeatable ? I thought we get to 30 rank and we are able to still gain creds after but not the rewards like slots or cosmetics.

5 minutes ago, Dvvolf said:

I didn't know it is repeatable ? I thought we get to 30 rank and we are able to still gain creds after but not the rewards like slots or cosmetics.

22 hours ago, Udinbak said:

If I'm understanding it reasonably accurately:

1) Is "Wolf of Saturn Six" a new syndicate [Kind of?] with perpetual standing just like other syndicates?
I think the standing we get goes towards 'Tiers' which give rewards at each tier.

2) The acts provide standing. But how do I rank up with it?
I assume it just rolls over without a "rank up" between tiers (could be wrong(I'm not))

3) Does the rank go all the way to 30?
Yes, then you can "prestige" back to 0

4) Does the standing reset after a little over 4 days?
No, the standing and (as far as I can tell) Wolf Cred lasts until the next part of the story which will be in (unknown) number of weeks. Unless it's just the wc that gets reset and we keep the nightwave standing/tier between chapters... The daily/weekly acts are basically challenges to complete in that week, then they reset. Whether they will be different challenges or not, is impossible to know until next week

OR

I have absolutely no idea what's going on...

That's not a statement from DE that's from someone that is as confused as me...

The only thing i know is that you can prestige back to keep earning Wolf Creds

Nobody mentions Series 1 rewards like slots or cosmetics. (It would be weird if it did anyway...)

22 minutes ago, yourmadwife said:

I found it strange too. I've never noticed that invasions droped this things

Archived