Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

52 minutes ago, (NSW)countcb said:

This is demotivating.

I see people defend this system as by literally saying this isn't the game for people like you. they might not be wrong, since this is the direction DE is taking it, I guess it is no longer a game for people like me, either.

18 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

8 P M

not

8 A M

lol. if AM/PM is too hard for you, use real hours. 2000h. not 0800h. not 0300h either. or maybe 1700h. or 1300h.

so around the time i go to sleep? kek

again no 

find it amusing that your trying to find a way to make the old system look better when it really is worse. 

timed RNG alerts were just a bad idea.

It was  like a system desgined for you to miss out.

You will allways miss somthing you need.

Vauban was stupid to get.

You would allways have a chance to miss a catalyst nite mod w/e because the alert came up at a time you were at work or asleep.

26 minutes ago, yourmadwife said:

By the way, right now something strange have started:
Neso (Neptune) Invasion: Grineer (Forma Blueprint) VS. Corpus (Orokin Reactor Blueprint)
Nuovo (Ceres) Invasion: Corpus (Exilus Adapter Blueprint) VS. Grineer (Orokin Catalyst Blueprint)
What is yall thoughts about it?

I noticed that too, and it is kind of weird...

24 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

invations are randomly gen don't think to much about it

...because they usually are random, but the last time before tonight there was an invasion with a potato or forma was on Jan 25th which is over a month ago! (Lex (Ceres) Grineer vs Corpus Reward: 1x Orokin Reactor Blueprint vs Reward: 1x Orokin Reactor Blueprint). As a comparison, there have been 6 Potato alerts in January in total, which is about the average of 5 that happen usually every month.

Don't know what to make of it, maybe something was bugged and they fixed it now... maybe they wanted to create a shortage or potatos? idk

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

A while probably. Maybe a year? 

You wish. Actually, i wish so too. That would make it much more baearable. But it will be gone in 10 weeks so better hurry up your grind or you'll be stuck halfway through when everything expires...

3 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

You wish. Actually, i wish so too. That would make it much more baearable. But it will be gone in 10 weeks so better hurry up your grind or you'll be stuck halfway through when everything expires...

What hurry? I've done all the weekly missions ¬_¬

P.S i am quite curious where you pulled this "10 weeks" from when the offical post didn't give a time. let me guess made up number to cause more panic? 

20 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Ok.

Second spot of feedback.

DE, ten weeks is doable...but let's revisit the math for two seconds. There's about 43,000 Nightwave Standing available per week*. Assume that for whatever reason, a player might find themselves locked out of one Elite task and one standard weekly task, that's 8,000 gone, dropping us to 35,000. Assuming that you manage to log in and do the daily task literally every single day too.

That's still taking eight to nine weeks. 

A player who runs into any kind of real world issues during that time requiring them to not play for a couple of days, or who is gone away for a weekend suddenly forfeits that week of buffer. 

* Do not try to insist that grinding Escaped Convicts can make up for it. They're a random occurrence, they're worth basically no Standing, and they're currently bugged so that the last one to fall cannot be captured. The Wolf himself is entertaining for about five minutes, and then he's just a bullet sponge who is worth nothing. Why is a kill on the Wolf worth less than capturing one convict? In fact, why is a kill on the Wolf worthless?

Lads.

Come off it.

This system is basically a significant grind disguised as a fun new Syndicate, and the disguise failed immediately because we can actually see the numbers and do the math.

What the hell are you playing at?

You know that the dailies stack right? And only get reset with the weekly reset? So you can long on and know everything for the entire week (including up to 7 dailies) on the sunday in a couple of hours and be happy about it.

2 minutes ago, Springlake said:

You know that the dailies stack right? And only get reset with the weekly reset? So you can long on and know everything for the entire week (including up to 7 dailies) on the sunday in a couple of hours and be happy about it.

I am more curious to  where people are getting the 10 weeks from/. since the two nightwave post by DE don't mention 10 weeks. 

7 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

This Nightwave seems like such a missed opportunity. Years ago I made a suggestion for the Radio Scanner to give out alerts, invasions, etc, with spies relaying info on moving shipments, prisoners sending distress calls, Grineer generals giving out bounties to freelancers against Corpus aggressors, it would have done what Steve talked about, making alerts more connected with the world, more immersive.

Instead, we get acts devoid of meaning, nothing to make our immediate mission feel connected to anything.
Honestly I was a bit hopeful that we would have gotten a pirate radio station giving out missions, but these chores aren't missions connected in any way to the world of Warframe.

I just want to remind everyone that this is what the devs sold us on in the dev workshop:

What the current system [Alerts] lacks: 

• Fun-Factor/Narrative: "Tenno, there is a time-limited mission Alert available. Check navigation." said the Lotus.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063459-nightwave-the-wolf-of-saturn-six-a-farewell-to-alerts/?tab=comments#comment-10536197

These house chore checklists are not narratively driven, they are even more divorced from the world of Warframe, and they aren't even just bonus activities on the side to earn extra standing but front and center the only method! Having a lady speak vague nonsense that has nothing to do with whatever you're currently doing is not giving us a narrative, and making those activities so random and pointless even less so.

(Not to mention all the other problems we have all talked about for ages here about the grinding and anti-casual design of the time limited event with limited weekly challenges for limited creds etc etc etc.)

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

they said and i qoute "we are aiming for around 10 weeks, but since its the first one we want to leave space for tuning."

aiming i.e  "hopefully."

its not set in stone to the end of time.

they also said they are leaving space for tuning.

Which is why I keep saying "around 10 weeks" and that it's only "the latest info".

7 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Which is why I keep saying "around 10 weeks" and that it's only "the latest info".

around 10 weeks is still a better window then 1 hour or 25 minutes with the old RNG alert system.

and you don't know the time over it so maybe instead of decrying for the end of times. you could just send saying might need to push it up from 10 weeks.

instead of calling for DE's head. they are more likely to listen to feedback that is not wraithful fury.

i did say it does need improvement, but over all i am enjoying it then having to wake up at ungodly hours or misss it because i sleep and have work like every human being on the planet.

every time i see feed back i get flash backs to the void/relic system forum wars.

where instead of asking for improvements on the new system they demand ( even in some cases. sent death threats.) that DE change it back to the old system. because status quo and the fear of all things new.

think of it this way

if not a lot of people were complaining about the old horrid RNG timed alert system.

DE wouldn't have felt the need to completely rework it.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

One issue I've found: I still haven't gotten a single Khora bp, and as long as the Nightwave Act for three rounds of Onslaught, I won't be getting any.

As soon as we finish Wave 3, people just leave - one was kind enough to stay till Wave 4, but then bailed

people bailing doesn't mean you have to stop doing it also the khora bp drop rate got buffed this year 

So this is amazing and all....... but how long is it going to last? Am i going to have to complete everything with as much efficiency as possible to get those last few rewards, or is there some amount of grace for people that can't complete everything every day/week?

Archived