Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

10 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

and you don't know the time over it so maybe instead of decrying for the end of times. you could just send saying might need to push it up from 10 weeks.

instead of calling for DE's head. they are more likely to listen to feedback that is not wraithful fury.

I'm sorry but, what? I'm literally just repeating what info I have, unbiased one way or another.

And when have I called for DE's head? I have given quite a bit of alternatives too or things that could improve the new system.

1 minute ago, Sorenxoras said:

So this is amazing and all....... but how long is it going to last? Am i going to have to complete everything with as much efficiency as possible to get those last few rewards, or is there some amount of grace for people that can't complete everything every day/week?

Around 10 weeks is the latest info we have.

51 minutes ago, Springlake said:

You know that the dailies stack right? And only get reset with the weekly reset? So you can long on and know everything for the entire week (including up to 7 dailies) on the sunday in a couple of hours and be happy about it.

That is actually something I'm super pleased to have been wrong about, that's a wonderfully elegant solution, tbh.

After thinking about it a bit I think I've identified my problem with this is.

So it's a free battle pass in a F2P game. I respect that. For the most part you're pretty fair when it comes to monetization. However, it also means that for a certain type of player, the cost you charge instead becomes very steep. It's their time.

Fortnite allows you to grind it all out (as long as you buy their BP), but they also allow people that don't have the time to be able to "master" every season, if they pay. I'm not asking for it to be implemented, I'd just like to point out that my problem is that if I spend time on grinding this new Warframe battle pass out, I start thinking about everything else I could do instead. All of the sudden, it's not about playing the game and having fun, it's about evaluating if I will be able to dedicate enough time to Warframe in the next 6-10 weeks to get that umbra forma. If I don't, my time will feel wasted.

In Fortnite (using it as an example because I've bought it for a family member for a year now), you can just play the whole season and towards the end, maybe you'll have it finished and maybe you've been busy. But if you were aiming for that final reward, they always offer a way to make up for time not spent grinding. The season that just ended they had double XP weekends and of course they also offer you to buy the extra tiers. You have all the unfinished challenges since week 1 open the entire season. You have options. You can also just skip the rest of the battle pass because after all it's just cosmetics.

I don't mind battle passes for the most part, however, I have increasingly started asking myself if Warframe as a game is respecting my time well enough. I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish maxing standing to unlock the Orb Mother fight. I don't really care that much about it since I have an infinite amount of time to do it but now this battle pass thing gets added and I seriously am not sure that I want to risk trying to go for that umbra forma because I know I'll just be mad if I don't reach that end goal. It's not just a fancy skin, it's a power upgrade.
Also, if I were to go for it, you could end up dropping it as a plat purchase later on or something like that because you haven't told us anything about your plans for umbra stuff. So I'm very hesitant about spending my time grinding for 6-10 weeks. As it stands, I feel my time is more valuable if I work overtime in my real life job and don't play the Nightwaves at all. No risk there.

I just hope it's something that you have considered. I like that you are trying to fix certain issues by adding long term goal oriented content but I don't like that I feel as if I will be cheated if I miss out on that end goal. That makes me feel like I need to be careful about how I spend my time or money in this game. 

So, about those alerts that are now gone:

"- A quick and easy way to discover and complete unlocked nodes in the Solar Map, earn Credits, Weapon Blueprints, Mods, and more to build up your inventory (primarily new player driven). 

- A quick and easy way to play Warframe. Hop in and out of missions when you are short on time (anyone)."

I absolutely miss this now.

Plus, as a new player the alerts made me *excited* to work on my star chart; "Damn, those are some sweet rewards on Neptune! Gotta make it there!".

Now I see no reason to work towards the next planet. Because it's already ridiculously complex for a new player to find which weapons will be upgrades or MR-trash, and then where to get the resources needed to build them... 

Played a lot less today than previous days, because you simply cut out a HUGE chunk of content!

Sat on nodes on planet to unlock more star chart, but no one ever showed up to team up on them. The early planets have lots of brand new players, but the farther you get, the more of them seem to have quit. And veterans don't run random missions on planets...

Also, I couldn't find anything about this, so I will ask this here:
What happened to those fun per player objectives you got each mission? Like "5 slide kills", 10 headshots, 30 rifle kills. I loved the extra bonus challenge and could really use that XP as well!

Seriously, you guys need to have a loooong hard think about the new player experience, and then re-enable the alerts like they were, next to Nightwave.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Kenjitsuka said:

So, about those alerts that are now gone:

I absolutely miss this now.

Plus, as a new player the alerts made me *excited* to work on my star chart; "Damn, those are some sweet rewards on Neptune! Gotta make it there!".

Now I see no reason to work towards the next planet. Because it's already ridiculously complex for a new player to find which weapons will be upgrades or MR-trash, and then where to get the resources needed to build them... 

Played a lot less today than previous days, because you simply cut out a HUGE chunk of content!

Sat on nodes on planet to unlock more star chart, but no one ever showed up to team up on them. The early planets have lots of brand new players, but the farther you get, the more of them seem to have quit. And veterans don't run random missions on planets...

Also, I couldn't find anything about this, so I will ask this here:
What happened to those fun per player objectives you got each mission? Like "5 slide kills", 10 headshots, 30 rifle kills. I loved the extra bonus challenge and could really use that XP as well!

Seriously, you guys need to have a loooong hard think about the new player experience, and then re-enable the alerts like they were, next to Nightwave.

Stop asking for them to bring it back when it just punished people for having a job and the basic human needs like sleep.

Also to blow a hole in that alert aurgment i will point out that completing alerts on new nodes DID NOT fill out that node.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kenjitsuka said:

I have been playing for two weeks and am MR7, and I own a Vauban. So... stupid *easy* to randomly get? Because that's how I got it; didn't look for it one second.

took me a year i had college at that time. so again timed rng alerts were bad for people with obligations

also the xp is earned from the nightwave you are complaing about.

mabye actually try the new system before making rage post?

also

<- is vet runs mission on random planets for fun speak for yourself not for others please thank you.

4 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Also to blow a hole in that alert aurgment i will point out that completing alerts on new nodes DID NOT fill out that node.

I think you miss-read his comment, because that's not even close to what he said.

He said and I quote "Damn, those are some sweet rewards on Neptune! Gotta make it there!", meaning that Alerts gave him incentives to get to the nodes where the Alerts took place.

Your comment makes no sense really.

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

Stop asking for them to bring it back when it just punished people for having a job and the basic human needs like sleep.

You play this game, right? Whenever you want/can. At those times you can do any and all alerts that pop up. So what if it's random? That means some days you get what you want, some days not. You can fill your time with grinding for those things next to any alerts. My point is: the alerts provided bonus opportunities to get stuff... Not the end of the world to miss out on those.

When did I say that alerts filled out the nodes?
I meant that when an alert popped up on a node that I could not yet reach, it gave me motivation to unlock stuff so I could *get* that alert next time. In case you don't remember; if you didn't have a node unlocked you could not start that alert (needed taxi then). I combined this motivation argument with the fact that alerts always were TEEMING with players. So there was no need to wait on a node on starchart, since it would always instantly start with 4 people. 

Also, if you hated alerts, you could still ignore them if they bring them back. You know, just be happy for the noobs that really have to rely on them. 😉

I freaking love Nora, and I love the atmosphere of this update.

I have some concerns about buffet-style gameplay and daily chores, but I think I'll mostly take a wait-and-see approach.

That being said, my inner lore nerd would love Nora and Nightwave even more if the missions/tasks/etc actually connected to the story, and we got to hear more of it with each rank or milestone.  Tell us about Wolf's backstory!  Let us explore the Saturn Six prison!  Show us what a Grineer lawyer looks like!

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kenjitsuka said:

You play this game, right? Whenever you want/can. At those times you can do any and all alerts that pop up. So what if it's random? That means some days you get what you want, some days not. You can fill your time with grinding for those things next to any alerts. My point is: the alerts provided bonus opportunities to get stuff... Not the end of the world to miss out on those.

When did I say that alerts filled out the nodes?
I meant that when an alert popped up on a node that I could not yet reach, it gave me motivation to unlock stuff so I could *get* that alert next time. In case you don't remember; if you didn't have a node unlocked you could not start that alert (needed taxi then). I combined this motivation argument with the fact that alerts always were TEEMING with players. So there was no need to wait on a node on starchart, since it would always instantly start with 4 people. 

Also, if you hated alerts, you could still ignore them if they bring them back. You know, just be happy for the noobs that really have to rely on them. 😉

alerts in nodes that you did not have were mostly bypassed via recruit chat in a system players called taxi'ing 

it didn't engurage players to unlock nodes. the rails and mastery ranks were more an enguragemnt for that as well as abertarions. 

woo a uknown amount of time for an alert that might again get missed because i was at work or sleeping.

no timed RNG alerts were terrible.

Some days as in never? a year? three years?

screw that.

i would rather grind up for it then have it a time limited mission that might never show up when i am able to play.

that's why they got rid of it.

It feels like some of you are going back and forth with each other... over completely different things.

Sure, RNG of Alerts was annoying to some. I normally have plenty of time to do things, but sometimes that "plenty of time" was at completely different times of the day depending on what I was doing. So yeah, I missed alerts quite often, same with certain invasions that offered potatoes and such.

Ok, so now we have this system, no real RNG involved, can earn credits towards things you want/need. Except you're extremely limited now. What if you need those auras? That will cut into your credits for Potatoes or the helmets you might want, or Vice Versa. Same with the Nitain and everything else you buy with them. When I saw an alert with an Aura or Helmet I didn't have, with rare exception, it did not affect getting any other kind of alert reward.

The thing is, the idea behind this new system is good. But the amount of extra grinding you have to do to get what really amounts to less reward... As well as certain things just simply being gone due to the nature of the system being different from alerts, THAT is one of the big things people have problems with.

And this doesn't even touch on the forcing certain types of content lest you "miss out"

12 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

After thinking about it a bit I think I've identified my problem with this is.

So it's a free battle pass in a F2P game. I respect that. For the most part you're pretty fair when it comes to monetization. However, it also means that for a certain type of player, the cost you charge instead becomes very steep. It's their time.

Fortnite allows you to grind it all out (as long as you buy their BP), but they also allow people that don't have the time to be able to "master" every season, if they pay. I'm not asking for it to be implemented, I'd just like to point out that my problem is that if I spend time on grinding this new Warframe battle pass out, I start thinking about everything else I could do instead. All of the sudden, it's not about playing the game and having fun, it's about evaluating if I will be able to dedicate enough time to Warframe in the next 6-10 weeks to get that umbra forma. If I don't, my time will feel wasted.

In Fortnite (using it as an example because I've bought it for a family member for a year now), you can just play the whole season and towards the end, maybe you'll have it finished and maybe you've been busy. But if you were aiming for that final reward, they always offer a way to make up for time not spent grinding. The season that just ended they had double XP weekends and of course they also offer you to buy the extra tiers. You have all the unfinished challenges since week 1 open the entire season. You have options. You can also just skip the rest of the battle pass because after all it's just cosmetics.

I don't mind battle passes for the most part, however, I have increasingly started asking myself if Warframe as a game is respecting my time well enough. I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish maxing standing to unlock the Orb Mother fight. I don't really care that much about it since I have an infinite amount of time to do it but now this battle pass thing gets added and I seriously am not sure that I want to risk trying to go for that umbra forma because I know I'll just be mad if I don't reach that end goal. It's not just a fancy skin, it's a power upgrade.
Also, if I were to go for it, you could end up dropping it as a plat purchase later on or something like that because you haven't told us anything about your plans for umbra stuff. So I'm very hesitant about spending my time grinding for 6-10 weeks. As it stands, I feel my time is more valuable if I work overtime in my real life job and don't play the Nightwaves at all. No risk there.

I just hope it's something that you have considered. I like that you are trying to fix certain issues by adding long term goal oriented content but I don't like that I feel as if I will be cheated if I miss out on that end goal. That makes me feel like I need to be careful about how I spend my time or money in this game. 

I'm in the same boat and don't feel I'm going to have the time to make this work.  I just started playing again last week after a long hiatus, and while the world keeps expanding (fortuna, etc) the core gameplay is stagnating as it is the same tasks being ported over to new locales.  Then with this new system that forces you to go back and play that which you probably already burnt yourself out on long ago, I'm very much questioning whether this is a game for me going forward.  The direction alert missions provided as well as the carrot in the form of immediate rewards was varied enough to distract from the otherwise constant syndicate grinds elsewhere in the game.

For someone with limited time in the day to play I sure had no problems at all in obtaining nitain and potato/forma/exilus bp's in the alert system, so I don't get this narrative going around that the old system was too hard to obtain such items.  I mean I guess I understand if one has OCD and they have a completionist's need to have every item every time its available, but I was able to potato the 30ish frames I have (and add a catalyst to dozens upon dozens of weapons) and build everything I wanted that required nitain, just from the alerts during the 8-10hr a week I was putting in at the time.  As a bonus, I was able to pick up the odd tellurium, neurode, and 300 oxium which was a huge plus this new system neglects, and will def hurt me going further as I have the MR12-14 weapons to build still. Oxium farms are one of the worst slogs I can think of... Id wager half the oxium or more I used came from alerts, and I had such horrible luck on Ophelia tellurium farming that I would have had to either buy it in the market to build Amesha/Itzal, or just buy the archwings outright.  Which it looks like that is what new players will be doing if RNG is as cruel to them as it was me, and will def be buying oxium bundles with plat unless this system is overhauled to include resources. 

Just a poorly thought-out alternative unless the goal was to drive more plat sales...

New player on Switch. Started back in December and tracked 300+ hours now. I loved this game for Alerts being a "oh I need this, jump in and leave again to go back to life." the slow kind of grind as I have a day and night job. Which I don't mind, as I invest 10 minutes or so and get what I need. But now I'm really lost in what to play in the game, I can do these daily or weekly quests. And then quit because I don't see any direction in rewards? I don't have time to sit and grind up that far for tier 10+ nightwave rewards. And I still need Nitain, which I had to scour the internet for any hint on what this new system was. Maybe I missed a memo, or was this dropped on us.

Also. I like playing solo, and I'm also no where near sortie level and hydrolist level gameplay. so even if I had time. I can't even get these reputation bonus? like. game suddenly became unachievable.

Nightwave sounds cool, but I think I prefer my RNG alerts, I didn't mind waiting around till I got Rejuvenation. But now with WolfCreds, it's even further away.

On 2019-02-28 at 2:06 AM, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

Well dont see anything wrong with this or filling 5 ayatans , my only complain is there is no way to get new tasks once you finished your current ones. This requires people to play every week which might not be possible for them . Instead we can finish our current ones and receive new tasks. {something like the research tasks in Pokestop spin..lol} Daily tasks doesnt need any changes. 

Or we can have a 3rd type of tasks that refreshes once u finish them like konzu bounty with may be little less of rep gain? 

Huge mistake to remove alerts, imho. They were fun and relaxing. The game now fells empty, is the battle over? Now there are only some tasks which I simply don't want to do. They are boring and frustrating and I can't find the right input to complete them. The rewards... Ok but... Meh. 😐 While the alerts were funny to play, also if the rewards were not that great, it doesn't matter to me. Maybe I'll restart to play the syndicate, at least we have an objective, a real mission to accomplish i mean, not something like an Xbox achievement...

8 hours ago, TheFBD said:

The only way i could imagine to fix this thing would be to make it last longer (20 weeks at least, maybe 30), have way more challenges and ways to aquire standing or simply making challenges repeatable.

Or bring back the old system without adjusting the rates or if you do only to increase the rare sort after items not decrease what we currently get and have Nightwave standing only reset and move to the next season of tier rewards once you get to the end of the current one you are working towards on a player basis and do not reset the credits. Win win, easy solution and DE look like the good guys again.

Here's the deal. I absolutely love Warframe. I am all about Warframe and that's all I play.

I am a solo player. I don't like being forced into multiplayer.

Some players don't know what they are doing. I don't mind helping them. I will go out of my way to help them play this awesome game.

Some players Dominate the game and your left with nothing.

Some players are AFK letting you do all the work.

I've had times where children are screaming in the background of a player or they are playing horrible music or talk show. One was watching a movie while playing. One was eating. It's annoying. 

Unless you are playing with real friends, planning strategies etc. you ever know who you're going to get. Playing with randoms can be a real bad experience.

I think EA is awesome and they have put a lot of thought and hard work into this game but anyone can make a mistake. This is one. Alerts rotated making it a hit or miss but it really helped me in the beginning.

Losing the alerts is a bummer. But please do something for the newbies. And don't make it to where you HAVE TO play with others. I really enjoy playing it my way. I hate speed runs and when you're new you can't farm when you're stressing to get to the exit because everyone flies to the end.

Please make it friendly for solo players. Please don't make it so difficult it would be easier just to buy plat. Don't go pay to play. Please don't go down that rabbit hole.

I know, some players brag that they did it and it wasn't hard. Well, aren't you the ones. Just because you did it doesn't mean Everyone else can or as easily as you did. If we were all equal there would be no competition.

I love Warframe. It's an awesome game. Please don't kill it for solo players. Please don't make it a pay to play. I don't mind paying for plat. I have bought prime access as well as other packs. I just don't feeling that I will have to because I can't do this or that. That's where I'll stop supporting the game. My wallet will be closed and if I hit the brick wall that's where I'll say goodbye.

Please think about the new players. Help them out and they'll stick around.

It's Ok, at least you got us the opportunity, for more nitain. The way Steve was hyping it though, during that dev stream with the whiteboard, I figured it'd be a mini quest with the new alert system implemented. I was really looking forward to a story with a new enemy (possibly Stalker, Zanuka or Gustrag 3 likel). In that vain, it's kind of meh. Unless Nora Night is something more, like Margulas still alive through transference. This'll be a lot of fluff with some quality of life issue fixes.

Like i said, appreciate not having to keep a tab open, for nitain alerts.At least that is a plus.

For the record, i don't like the Umbral Forma, it does not fit in the game at all it feels like it's just grease for a few squeaky wheels.

#1. There is no Umbral school, so where exactly does it fit.

#2, Without it (umbral forma), there was a price to be paid, for running umbral mods. Now that that balance is gone, why run primed Mods? BTW i will be running them, i'm not stupid. Just saying it ruins the existing balance.

I will say at least they can't be bought directly, so thank you for not making it pay to play

My opinion has not changed since my last post in this thread, but I wanted to add a little anecdote. Today, I made a joke in the region chat about the Ghoul Purge showing up, sometime to the effect of "hey look, somewhere people can get their precious nitains!" Someone immediately messaged me, a mastery level 6, relatively new player who obviously had spent a bit of money on the game. He was wondering if I could help him do those bounties since he needed the nitain for a Nekros Prime; he had bought the blueprints without realizing how expensive they would be to craft. Anyway, I decided to help him out and started a squad to farm the bounties since I still needed to complete a few for my personal challenge anyway. After about three bounties, we hadn't nabbed ourselves a single one and I could definitely feel the disappointment settling in. I did talk to him extensively about the whole Nightwave system, saying he only needed to get to the third tier of rewards in order to get enough wolf creds for at least 15 nitain extracts, probably far more than he'd actually need to craft a single prime (excluding Vauban of course). Thing is, *I* only got to tier 3 *today* with, uh... 3 challenges left? It didn't seem like he had gotten even a single one done and of course some were just entirely implausable, i.e. the Hydrolyst and the sortie mission. I even gave him advice, like trying Sanctuary Onslaught so he could get regular and Eximus kills while also completing the three necessary waves (potentially 9,000 rep in one go), as well as looking for invasion missions that doubled as capture missions to get progress in two of the other challenges simultaneously. But of course, without any of those big elite weekly ones, he'd have to wait until the next set of weekly rewards for those components even then. Now, I can hear the criticism already, like "oh come on, he'd have to wait for the random alerts anyway! What's the difference?" The difference is that even getting a single nitain from an alert was instantly gratifying. There was zero work involved there, it's straightfoward. And let's be real, people are short-sighted, especially when it comes to videogames, a form of escapism. Knowing you have a reliable way to get a couple nitains per day makes the task of acquiring them feel less daunting. It's certainly easier to comprehend! Before this update, a new player would ask region chat where to get nitains and it was a simple matter of saying "wait for the alerts." Hell, a bot would probably tell him what to do! Now, a knowledgeable player who wants to help out is forced to go on a long diatribe about this new-fangled Nightwave system, how to do challenges, what the challenges mean, when you'll get your first set of wolf creds, where and how to use the wolf creds. It's going to get tiring, guys.

Anyway, bittersweet ending: I helped him do the Lephantis fight enough to get a regular Nekros, even gave him a free Despoil card to encourage him a bit. He only had a single part left and had all the materials he needed to craft him. I'm actually assuming he bought the Nekros Prime in a bout of frustration dealing with those annoying drops. Hell, even I gave up on Saryn after doing the Sedna boss like 20 times. The sad part? He was in trade chat trying to sell the Nekros Prime immediately after! I'm sure some people will laugh at this dude, but it honestly made me sad. The guy was excited to try a cool new warframe and felt too overwhelmed to even get there! I don't take that as a sign this update is helping new players, DE.

I wrote some of my issues that I was having earlier and thought more about why I think this update missed the mark. I like the idea of being in the Warframe Universe and popping in and out Alerts and reaping small but progressing rewards. So losing Alerts and learning the only way to progress is with a to-do list of daily/weekly tasks isn't fun to look forward too. Like Scanning 25 things for Simaris.

I would like to get to Rep level 29 for some Umbra Forma, but with the daily/weekly reputation quests being so limited, those of us who might not be able to play as often even on the weekends might not be able to make those goals. I like the idea of spending WolfCredits to get Nitain and other RNG rolled Alert drops. But the WolfCredits feel so limited.

I was wondering if we could harmonize the two gameplays.

Alerts perviously had a range of credit rewards depending on where the alert was on the starchart, and sometimes had cosmetic or blueprint items.
Why not transition that to earning reputation and more uncommonly, small drops of WolfCredits.
This way, alerts become worth while to do for everyone, especially those with WolfCredit drops.
Some items in the WolfCredit shop might need rebalancing. Like, the 5 Nitain bundle, like tbh. Why can't we buy 1 at a time, and limit it say 7 per week cycle? Need Potatoes? How about limit 1 per week, and make the cost a tad higher than other rare resources.

These are my thoughts, on how a grind can still be a grind, but give a bit of purpose and feel rewarding. Actually feel like I'm getting closer to some of these goals without being limit by being a noob. Can't run Pluto missions, well that gives me a goal to get to Pluto, but no worries at the same time, as I can also slowly get rewards on Jupiter on my way to Pluto. A bit slower, but progress is there.

Archived