Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Rebecca Right, so, here's my first suggestion. Can we get that Episode Status on the star map hidden by default? I'm more interested in seeing the progress of my resource drones than I am in the name of the episode, frankly. I already keep forgetting to retrieve my drones as is, if I don't even see the drones marker, I'll never remember. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, KettleTicket said:

Previous thread says "Full Nightwave Details are here", but this thread provides almost no info on the rewards list or what they will cost.

This additional news post has a map and more: https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-1-the-wolf-of-saturn-six

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Only the Wolf Credits but not the Arcanes, Umbral Forma, and whatever other rarity rewards are listed, correct? If so it looks nice to get more rewards from the old alert system without turning it into a Powercreep farm.

Only Wolf Creds.

Just now, Rawbeard said:

the replacement of those xp rewards is probably the best thing about Nightwave

Honestly it's pretty great.

2 minutes ago, Nephalgar said:

they don't appear on my star chart or are there new nodes ?

I still see them. Let me relog to see if that's the issue.

EDIT: Still appear. In fact I have too a single alert (which I guess will be the last one and was runniong pre update) for the next 5 mins rewarding a Nitain Extract.

I like a fair few of the 'tier rewards' but for me personally the cred rewards are basically lacking in anything worth having because I've already got them all... I'd argue 30 tiers is maybe too high considering we'll only need some things once.  I think things like the armor/syandana could have been put as a cred purchase.

I would have at least liked to have seen the ability to buy the tier rewards there too because by a quick calculation the things that a high level player will want will take around 3-4 weeks to get an umbral forma.  Lets be honest the only things high levels will be after on a regular basis are kuva and umbral forma and seeing as there are 30+ frames, even if you just go one per frame that's 120 weeks or over 2 YEARS... I know we'll not likely put them on every frame (and based on text we might need them for companions at some point) and we're playing the long game but that's a bit much imo. 

Also not enough daily missions for standing and some of the weekly ones are comical...fill 5 ayatan sculptures in a week, not sure about anyone else but I don't think I've ever seen 5 in a week...

Am I misunderstanding something or....

Instead of doing a thing and receiving the associated reward immediately, I now have to do a currently uncountable number of things to get to tier 3 just to get 50 Wolf Creds, so that I can buy 1-3 something from the offerings, or do an unmentionable number of things to reach tier 6 to get another 50 WC's just to buy 1 reactor/catalyst and 25 WC worth of another thing, followed by Another 6 TIERS for my next 50 WC?

I must be mistaken right?

Like,from "do a thing for something" to "do a fk ton of things for a thing"...???

Please tell me I'm wrong, because I can't see any other source of WC.

Also: Shouldn't "Nightwave Standing" be listed in the "Standing" Tab at the end of a mission? And the "Standing" Tab have been updated to list the standing acquired for all factions in a mission instead of a maximum of 4?

Also: "3 captures in a week"="challenge"="kill 500 enemies... in.. a.. week?"

Seriously?

I am extremely disappointed with this.

Fill five ayatan sculptures, and the reward is not even for a third of a tier?
This is ridiculous level of grind, on top of an already awful "limited-time" system.

Steve asked on twitter wheter we want a battle pass, and got back so many "HELL NO" responses he had to ask people to stop replying.
And now what do we get? A battle pass.

Image result for you have become the very thing you swore to destroy

Want to distance yourself from this Fortnite trash?
Follow in Guild Wars 2's footsteps and make this permanent, like their reward tracks.

Otherwise all you're doing is just creating more story that vanishes (like previous events), something you said you want to avoid.
It's a little bit backwards, isn't it?

i have my own shadow clan that i built alone and have been playing pretty much strickly solo for 1700 hours played, it would be nice if the sortie elite weekly was just do it in a group. I dont really feel putting random people onto my friends list just to get credit for this. Thanks.

Spoiler

So the wolf showed up for my squad and we killed him, getting only spinning needle.. @[DE]Rebecca - Don't know if he's meant to have better drops or if he's even meant to be killable or anything - I'm sure IF he's meant to and meant to have good drops we probably just got a meh one 😄 But still, just in case mentioning it, you know?

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

the replacement of those xp rewards is probably the best thing about Nightwave

It's more like, the ONLY thing...

The removed Alerts and Challenges, but only replaced Challenges...

I was hoping Nightwaves to have like some mission sets on specific nodes that would tell the story, but no, we have a cutscene (cool as it might be), and then, do challenges...

Alerts gave us Nodes where people would be playing, this will just scatter people, remove objectives from the game. It's a poor substitute.

Not only that, but we got 1 Daily challenge and 10 weekly?

Challenges we had a extra affinity boost EVERY mission, this we have 10 "challenges" every 4 days?

Not to mention THE WHOLE THING IS TIME GATED! We were told it wouldn't be.

It's a good replacement for the old challenges, sure, but it doesn't replace alerts.

If you want to replace Alerts, put special missions in random nodes that give extra Standing, rotate those hourly like Arbitrations.

2 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

do we have to do the acts in order to earn standing? i mean i can drop the glyph and kill eximus and do scan in same mission ... will all these acts count to challenge ? 

you can multitask, I got the onslaught and 500 kills in one sitting.

1 minute ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

do we have to do the acts in order to earn standing? i mean i can drop the glyph and kill eximus and do scan in same mission ... will all these acts count to challenge ? 

You should be able to, they do count multiple progresses in same missions. Can be bugged somehow though... It is first launch.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

you can multitask, I got the onslaught and 500 kills in one sitting.

thats nice .. and yes ESO seems to the way to do many of the tasks .. but i wonder about last task " complete a sorti with a friend or clan mate" .. is it 1 sorti mission or the all 3 ? 

Archived