[DE]Rebecca

Nightwave: Series 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Nightwave looks cool. Some aspects of it are fun. But I have other things to grind for. Things that are a lot more fun to me. And to me, because I will need the items in Nightwave, you've made it to where I'm going to have to pay for it.

That's what concerns me too.
If I'm saving Wolf creds for Nitain to build Prime frames, I guess I have to buy some weapons that need it with plat? And the archwing I was really looking forward to build and use? And those helmets too?

I haven't done this amount of careful planning for my wedding!

Edited by Athizea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

by this ammount of backlash i really wonder if someone already opend a petition "against" this new system heh (ok i think it should be funny but after thinking about it a bit more, im sure someone somewhere started one already...which i can understand somwhat...).

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

They really need to bring back the Alerts system. I'm not saying they should remove Nightwave, keep it but bring back Alerts. Why remove Alerts for this? Both can coexist.

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

21 hours ago, (NSW)countcb said:

I'm a new player and can't hunt Eidolons yet (-5000), I have no friends who play Warframe (-5000) and I only have 3 ayatan sculptures (-3000).

So I will be able to complete 2.5 tiers in this week 

If this trend continues and this only lasts 10 weeks I already know I can't make it to level 30 no matter how much I grind.

All because I'm new and a solo player.

This is demotivating. At best.

Thats exactly what i want DE do address with my suggested change.

Its not only frustating for new players but old like me also!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I think bringing back Alerts and keeping Nightwaves would be a great idea, not just for all the reasons already explored, but for DE as well.

Right now they have painted themselves into a corner, every 10 weeks they'll have to make a new "Season" otherwise we lose on our Alert rewards.

This means that every 10 weeks they have to come up with a new story line, new unique rewards, new lines for Nora, new bosses and all that jazz,  all this on top of working on the updates that will still need to be done (melee 3.0, Chimera, Railjack,etc.)

If you keep alerts as they were with a Nightwave or 2 a year as "events" rather then a continued system not only does it preserves the old Alerts, makes it less of a pain to DE but also keeps Nightwaves as something new and fresh rather that it getting old because it's always on.

Just my 2 credits.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

yep, they just took out the nice alert system we had and were able to receive the reward after 5-10 minutes and turned it into a grindfest of challenges to reaching to certain ranks so we can collect the reward.

nicely done, DE.

you managed to create grind on top of more grind, on top of more grind...on top of more grind.

not that i was doing a lot of alerts myself anyway, but still, for all those people who were, this is not good and convenient at all.

this whole thing seems like you are forcing us to do a bunch of stuff we do not really wanna do or have already done a gazillion times over (and got all burnt out already by doing them btw) just so we can collect some reward(s), which btw is debatable if they are worthy of all the grind we need to put ourselves into.

plus, a new player would not even be able to do around half of those challenges you have set up in there.

i agree with @Drivrius, on his post right above mine --->

"I think bringing back Alerts and keeping Nightwaves would be a great idea, not just for all the reasons already explored, but for DE as well."

have both of them up and running and let the players decide which one they wanna follow.

Edited by No1Eye
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 11

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

I think bringing back Alerts and keeping Nightwaves would be a great idea, not just for all the reasons already explored, but for DE as well.

]...]

If you keep alerts as they were with a Nightwave or 2 a year as "events" rather then a continued system not only does it preserves the old Alerts, makes it less of a pain to DE but also keeps Nightwaves as something new and fresh rather that it getting old because it's always on.

Just my 2 credits.

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 credits too (I know, not enough people have done that already 😉 ).

I really like the new system and think it's great!  However, I am fairly "veteran" at this point, but am also concerned about the new player experience.  For me, I'm more focused on the tier leveling and not as much for the Wolf Creds as I've collected most things already.  I see a lot of people are calling for the old alert system to come back alongside the Nightwave system, but I also know you did away with the alert system due to "pay to sleep" concerns.  Others have commented how the new system "time-gates" resources, helmets, and the like, but I would also argue that the old system time-gated items, but in a random fashion as well.

My suggestion (which I haven't seen made, but also have not read all of the comments) would be to keep the current system as-is, but maybe also add Wolf Cred drops to "wolf pack" kills (or whatever those random 3 inmate spawns are called).  Maybe 1 Wolf Cred per person downed which would allow newer players to randomly encounter these groups and farm for Wolf Creds for the Nitain and helmets.  My thought is that on the old system, as a newer casual player, I could reasonably get at least 1 nitain and 1 helmet per day.  In the new system, again as a newer casual player, It would probably take more than a week to get to tier 3 (8-10 days of dailies and 4 of the lower level 3,000 standing weeklies) to get to level 3 which gets me 50 creds.  This would get me 5x nitain, but probably not enough left over for a helmet as well (depending on which helmet).  This would put it more in line with things like Nakak, Master Teasonai, or Ticker item farming (i.e. grinding for randomly generating, time-sensitive items).

The cred prices / awards may have to be adjusted slightly for this, but it would allow people to farm out the creds (in addition to gaining a cred boost every 3 levels or so like the current system has in place or you could reduce the cred boost or remove it completely) that will allow the wolf creds to be obtained slightly easier for newer players, but time would still need to be spent earning them.  For more veteran players, the Wolf Creds are mainly useless (other than perhaps nitain) if you've already collected all of the helmets, but for newer players, the Wolf Creds are most likely what they will be going for as they are not kitted out enough to run all of the Nightwave missions.

Again, just my 2 credits, but so far I really like the system, but think it could be tweaked slightly.  Thanks for all you do!

Edited by sidtheduck
  • Upvote 1

Are we supposed to be able to kill The Wolf in solo mode? If yes, then the scaling is way off. I emptied my entire Baza magazine (3x forma, modded for crit, corrosive & heat), continued to empty my entire Catchmoon magazine, both of them every single shot right in his ugly face with Ivara's prowl headshot multiplier active. That got him down to about 40% HP. I then proceeded to whittle him down with my zaw dagger which took... a loooong time. When I had him down to 10% HP he just disappeared.

This happened twice.

I'm perfectly OK with there being content that's only meant for teams, but as I said then just don't spawn him in solo missions. The way he's scaled now in solo mode it's just a pointless exercise in frustration, which is never a good thing. It's almost as if he was designed specifically to ruin the fun of every mission he appears in.

Other than that, I love the new system. Much better than the alerts.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Moscatinka said:

Are we supposed to be able to kill The Wolf in solo mode? If yes, then the scaling is way off. I emptied my entire Baza magazine (3x forma, modded for crit, corrosive & heat), continued to empty my entire Catchmoon magazine, both of them every single shot right in his ugly face with Ivara's prowl headshot multiplier active. That got him down to about 40% HP. I then proceeded to whittle him down with my zaw dagger which took... a loooong time. When I had him down to 10% HP he just disappeared.

This happened twice.

I'm perfectly OK with there being content that's only meant for teams, but as I said then just don't spawn him in solo missions. The way he's scaled now in solo mode it's just a pointless exercise in frustration, which is never a good thing. It's almost as if he was designed specifically to ruin the fun of every mission he appears in.

Other than that, I love the new system. Much better than the alerts.

im hunting for wolf 2 days n never met him

Edited by (PS4)KresTias

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

im hunting for wolf 2 days n never met him

I met him on my first mission after the update, took some killing had to drop a ammo pizza even with a team and I got a crap silver mod I already had for my trouble, mind suppose its better than the Arachnoids that never seem to drop anything at all no matter how big(well apart from the mother but since stage one phase 2 is broke I havent been back).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, sidtheduck said:

This would get me 5x nitain

IF Nitain will be there. There is a weekly rotation of things you can get with Wolf cred. And we don't know if some things are permanent on that list or not.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Nightwave looks cool. Some aspects of it are fun. But I have other things to grind for. Things that are a lot more fun to me. And to me, because I will need the items in Nightwave, you've made it to where I'm going to have to pay for it.

I was looking forward to having a collection of all of the weapons and Warframes. I wanted to level them all up and play with them. 

Now, I'm going to have to get rid of some for slots. Makes me sad. I was having so much fun. 

Now, I'm not even looking forward to the new weapons and Warframes. And why should I. It'll be a Grindfest just to level, potato and forma. Then I'll get to play them like I want to?

I never minded paying for prime access. I wanted to support this awesome free to play game. Now you're forcing me to buy because I'm not going to be able to get the items. No, I'm done with that. It will make the game tedious... And where's the fun in that.

We're not that naive to believe this is a better alternative to the Alert system because it was more fair to your players because they would miss something.

A fix for that would be to make the Alerts last longer or be more frequent. There, jobs done. See how easy that was?

Nightwave is cool. Yes, it looks fun but it shouldn't replace Alerts. It should just be another fun way to play the game. 

Yes, there's a better way to get credits and resources. But you have totally forgotten about the new players. 

If you're a veteran it's "What's the big deal." Have you forgotten how hard it was to get enough recourses, credits and Endo? If you're a veteran like me none of this is a problem now. I've more credits, resources and Endo than I need. I don't even turn in my sculptures.

If you're new to the game, well, you've just made it harder for them. They're not going to stick around.

In the beginning it was hard. Crappy weapons and a serious grind for everything. Get in with randoms and they don't care about opening all the lockers, containers and farming. They don't care about fishing, mining and looking for sculptures. They just want to get in and out as fast as they can. Which is one of the reasons I play solo. Yeah, you did it faster but I got the sculpture. 

I understand doing the mission just for the end result but if you're a new player that sucks. Yeah, you can do nodes that have greater rewards than the alerts but again you forget your place. You're NOT new to the game.

They have to struggle with doing the quests, opening nodes and replacing those crappy weapons. Which is why the Alerts are so important.

If you really wanted to fix the alerts you would actually fix it. Make it better. Last longer. Add new alerts more often. Make it mean something. Help new players.

This Nightwave, sweet. A replacement, it is not.

Ive got almost all the prime frames, dozens of forma'd weapons, and close to $200 invested in this game.  I'm giving this week a fair shake, but I've done nothing but grind menial missions that I hate.  Oh, and I've tried doing 5 cetus bounties, 4 of them were bugged and not able to be completed.  Very good chance this game gets uninstalled for good if this doesn't change and the old alerts/new similar version return.

PoE might become my only free-to-play game very, very soon.  And that sucks

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

This system is so incredibely bad. Alerts were great. You could just have notifications on your phone, jump in and do a short mission for a reward. You'd say "Oh look a cool alert". Now we have another insane grind on our hands. You have to grind some BS boring task. It feels like a chore. Instead of jumping into a mission and doing it your way, you are forced to do something like synthesis scans (which is extremely annoying). There is no mention of when do the "tiers/season" reset. Do we have to worry about grinding every mission so we won't miss out on those rewards like umbral forma?

Edit: Also, I want to add that "Kill this many units" or "Kill this unit" quests aren't really that annoying. Even 100 eximus units is just one ESO run. What I don't like is that you made something  insane like "Do 8 PoE bounties" mandatory. Those are limited by how the mission is scripted not by my damage output. Atleast killing units is fast. But these other quests are really just menial and forced because how am I supposed to acquire "Alert" resources now? 

Edited by Erebus688
I thought about something I wanted to add to the post
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Athizea said:

IF Nitain will be there. There is a weekly rotation of things you can get with Wolf cred. And we don't know if some things are permanent on that list or not.

True.  I assumed Nitain and Vauban parts were always available (but I guess we will see whenever they refresh).

Assumption was based on this post which mentions:

Evergreen Rewards:

• Orokin Catalyst Blueprint
  • Orokin Reactor Blueprint
  • Nitain Extract
    • Except that the offering will be a bundle of 5! 
  • Vauban Component Blueprints

Edited by sidtheduck

Quick question: how are "other" events going to compete with Nightwaves?

Let's say Plague Star comes back, before people would rush to this timed event and get the BPs, Regalia and Mods if they still needed them and if not farm for those Formas, Wisps and crystals.

Now thou? Well Nightwaves are also a timed event but they give out not just their respectives limited items you can get nowhere else, they also give out vital ressources you can't get nowhere else reliably.

Anyone with limited play time on his hand would have to pass on Plague Star to focus on Nightwaves, that feels wrong to me.

Because the scenario would repeat itself with pretty much every event, since Nitghwaves offer vital rewards.

Again, I think bringing back Alerts and having Nightwaves are temporary events and not continuous ones may be better in the long run.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

So you took leisure time, and added tasks and deadlines? You turned Leisure time into a Job

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 10

43 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Quick question: how are "other" events going to compete with Nightwaves?

Let's say Plague Star comes back, before people would rush to this timed event and get the BPs, Regalia and Mods if they still needed them and if not farm for those Formas, Wisps and crystals.

Now thou? Well Nightwaves are also a timed event but they give out not just their respectives limited items you can get nowhere else, they also give out vital ressources you can't get nowhere else reliably.

Anyone with limited play time on his hand would have to pass on Plague Star to focus on Nightwaves, that feels wrong to me.

Because the scenario would repeat itself with pretty much every event, since Nitghwaves offer vital rewards.

Again, I think bringing back Alerts and having Nightwaves are temporary events and not continuous ones may be better in the long run.

God, i didn't even consider this...

That's going to be miserable... I can see people getting burned out really fast as soon as one of those things hits.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

Too easy, took acouple hrs to do all the challenges 😞
It has alot of potential though

I need like 30 r so umbrl forma's
I'll pay plat for them lol

Edited by (PS4)MATTEOS_PHOTO

Posted (edited)

So this is my personal opinion about the new system

For starters, great idea good on ya. i would like to see some changes. before i could just drop into a mission get what i want and go which was nice. can we get a bit more flexiablilty for the new system?

NOT NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY AT ALL! let me tell you that this new system does not help new players at all. my friend she is fairly new to the game i have helped her with alot of things like mods and helping her get frames. she dosnt even have a t2 amp yet and her mission is to do a hydrolist. (or w.e its spelled) now, im going to stop you right there and say this isnt new player friendly AT ALL. 5 statues? again same thing she dosnt even have half the star chart let alone a frame that could let her do the arbertrations. 500 things to kill not hard just takes time thats a good one imo same with 100 big bois. the 8 bounties not bad a bit annoying but she can do them. the new reward system tho is not good shes now locked to either farming plat for cosmetics or spending her creds on things she needs. the new system forces her out of cosmetics and good rewards unlike the old system which is a downfall. 

The big wolf man himself. ok did anyone think this one out? i ran into him he was a level 36 mob, cool nothing bad right? no. NO.. so my kitgun keep in mind i meta slave my kitgun that 1 shots 150s you know tombfinger, with my riven.. was only hitting this bloody a hole for 300 damage.. excuse me what? she got 1 shot by this dude. so a few minute fight with this fatty doing little to no damage while she hit.. 2s... our reward? nothing. a mod for a weapon type i didnt even know was in the game. war fans. what? anyways we kill it got noting for it except 3 escapist that gave 50 standing each. if youre going to throw end game content at new players atleast make it worth it...

can i please gt a sigil that gives me hell idk 5% standing? i dont even care if its under 10% but something!! atleast some way other than what we have is better! go into a mission hope either escapist pop or big bad wolf himself that gives bloody nothing at all.

TLDR:

good system just not fully thought out and made into a way harder grind without new players in mind.

Edited by Cryogenikz
  • Upvote 7

I love Nightwave, but please let us go to six-pen or some other site/map and fight the wolf and inmates. I think a final mission/dungeon would be a wonderful capstone to this chapter. I love the curated content, love the lore, love the rewards, keep impressing me. thx

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

God, i didn't even consider this...

That's going to be miserable... I can see people getting burned out really fast as soon as one of those things hits.

Wait maybe I'm just being dumb and they'll change the challenges for the Nightwave to things you can do while in the new event, kill 2 Condrocs with one Landslide!

Like use 50 Eidolon Phylaxis or kill 12 Hemocytes and so on, it can still work, I think.

Posted (edited)

all they needed to do was to tweak a bit the old alerts system and everything would be a-ok.

they could just have made the old alerts last a bit longer and have them pop up a bit more frequently, for example.

this way even if you missed some, the same ones would pop up soon enough.

instead they decided to bring the nightwave grindfest system, which will only burn the people out even faster, btw.

especially the new players and the ones who are not so progressed in general.

sure, the new layout of the alerts is nice and all, but if it does not work well and it is not convenient to a huge portion of the playerbase, then maybe think things through a bit, DE.

but, in case they do not want to take out the nightwaves altogether, i would suggest having the old alerts available to us as well as the nightwave.

plus, adjust the nightwave system a bit so it gets to be more played-friendly for all kinds of players, old, new, casuals, hardcore an so forth.

in this thread, there have been posted some very good suggestions about it, do something about it, DE, before you lose a big portion of your playerbase.

and certainly you will lose a big portion of the new players and casuals if so, since those kinds of players have jobs and are able to buy stuff from your market to make a profit from.

unless, you are only aiming to satisfy the hardcore players who play 24/7 and have no job at all, hence no income, ergo no way they will buy things from your market, so no profit for you.

sorry DE, we love the game, we love you guys, we support you and all, but this new alert system is not good at all.

it is not working out well, for everyone.

even those who say it works for them, well, let's see if they are still running the nightwave system in like 15 days from now, for example.

i mean, c'mon, i am a mr26 player who has almost everything in the game and i still find this new alert system... off.

sorry for the tough love, DE, but sometimes it has to happen.

thank you for reading.

Edited by No1Eye
  • Upvote 11

so instead of getting at least 2 nitain a day...now i get like one or two in a week or even less? great update ;(((

• Upvote 8

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, wathor88 said:

so instead of getting at least 2 nitain a day...now i get like one or two in a week or even less? great update ;(((

Those are packs of 5, but yeah, at most 5 per week due to the caps. But yeah, you get in a week what you could get (theoretically) in a day.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Upvote 1