Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, No1Eye said:

i completely agree.

i know some people who were so unhappy by the new alert system that quit, or they are about to quit, or they have already cut down the hours of playing the game, simply coz it gets to much and they see no point putting themselves to this whole grindfest.

people have jobs, lives and etc.

we do not live in game 24/7.

print this comment and pin it on a wall or send it in big letters to DE HQ self. really man. you say it.

the new system scares not only off old but also new players. its not balanced for "the WHOLE" playerbase but more for the veterans which pretty much can "give a sheat" about it - since they dont need to grind it anyways "that" much if they have already the stuff from it.

the problem will be mostly for the new players since they are not even able to do 25-33% of this missions. as i said already a post earlier

"- a rang 0 player, you cant go and do Sorties.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to make Arbitrations.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to kill a Hydrolist since hes not even able to play in operator form.

- a rang 0 player also cant go and scan stuff for cephalon simaris."

and if you have to add the "random factor" on it called "REAL LIFE" than maybe a new player is just able to do 40-50% of this missions IF the new player really enjoys this system anyways and really "wants" this stuff.

Im not a expert for that but DE pretty much faqed this system up and doesnt keep the playerbase as "WHOLE" in mind. Old players give up on that coz its not really worth the stress to play the game now nearly "nonstop" to grind for something which they might never get and new players give up on that since they are not even ABLE to do this missions anyways.

Well, something else happened that I knew would happen. My girlfriend and I have been cracking those Saryn relics since the alerts started. Today we finally got all the pieces. Unfortunately, she was literally 2 nitain short to make the chassis and as far as Nightwave challenges went, she was at the tail-end of tier 1. So while she was busy with real life, guess who got her to tier 3? A few ghoul bounties got her to tier 2 via the Earth Bounty Hunter challenge (no nitain drops again of course). Then all I needed to do was 9 invasion missions. Great. Luckily, I caught a fair amount of those convict guys and got a few Orokin cells out of it, so that was nice. The 100 Eximus kills would be the end of it, so I ran Onslaught until I got them all. Is this the new paradigm? I have to play two games now? Haha. Damn it, DE!

Here, I offer constructive feedback as well. For Gift of the Lotus, offer 5 nitain extracts. They only cost 15 wolf creds, so it doesn't seem like the devs think they're worth much *and* you can't purchase them from the market anyway, so where's the harm? Also, those convict dudes? Instead of the 150 rep which is borderline useless, let 'em drop 5 wolf creds when you nab them all. Adjust the spawn chances if you want. I'm sure far more people would prefer that as a reward, but you can take a poll on it.

Lol, I'm impressed with Nightwave. It's pretty cool BUT it's unrealistic. 

1) A new player will have to be carried through which means co-op.

2) There are some missions I would never do. Meaning I would not be able to obtain the rewards, complete it or just ride along which means co-op.

3) There are some missions that REQUIRE you to do with another player which means co-op.

4) Co-op, do you want to get stuck with another player that doesn't know how to play?

5) Co-op, do you want to get stuck with another player that you can't communicate with? (No headset, doesn't read the chat, loves to turn on the lasers?)

6) Co-op, would you like to play with others that will make players rage quit, cause the host to leave, runs off on his own, is AFK, has screaming children in the background, plays loud TV or music in the background, causes the mission to go bust, etc. etc?) Because that has happened to me time after time.

One might say "Just quit the mission." Well then, I would have to play with other randoms and possibly face the same problem. 

I have friends and family that own a computer, PlayStation or Xbox. Some don't want to play Warframe. Some are on a different system than I am. Some have no free time or have different "free time" than I do. So, no friends.

So you see, I would have to play with randoms. No thanks. I am a solo player.

Now the required missions? Some of them I would never play anyway which cuts me out of the rewards.

Some would argue they're easy. Well, Aren't you the one! We are not all created equally. We all have different skill sets. You know, I bet there's a lot of things I could do better than you too.

Some would argue just quit "ya little baby". Who are you to push me out of my favorite game? DE, is that what you want? Your partners, YouTubers or other players to dictate what we should do? Push us away? Some partners. Shouldn't they help us, not hinder us or drive us away?

We are just voicing our concerns, our opinions. We're not hurting anyone.

Anyway, I absolutely love Warframe. I love Nightwave. I love most of the play. I love going at my own pace. I love the new updates, the changes to the graphics. I love the hard work you have put into this game. I have supported the game, bought Plat, Prime access and Warframes that I couldn't get (Vaulted or for whatever reason.) The concept, the fun.

I don't like others to tell me what to do, your partners or players. That's conceded, arrogant and just plain ignorant. I don't do that to anyone and I don't like it done to me.

I love your partners and YouTubers that  that help us understand the game, mod Warframes and weapons and play the game with efficiency and loads of fun. 

However, there are some missions I would never do and wasn't required to do.

I am a Solo player. For many reasons, I am a Solo player.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Here, I offer constructive feedback as well. For Gift of the Lotus, offer 5 nitain extracts. They only cost 15 wolf creds, so it doesn't seem like the devs think they're worth much *and* you can't purchase them from the market anyway, so where's the harm? Also, those convict dudes? Instead of the 150 rep which is borderline useless, let 'em drop 5 wolf creds when you nab them all. Adjust the spawn chances if you want. I'm sure far more people would prefer that as a reward, but you can take a poll on it.

^ That, and also, this whole thing is called "Wolf of Saturn Six", and we can fight the wolf himself (occasionally), but guess what the wolf does not drop: Wolf Creds. If anything should drop them, it's him. I feel he spawns very rarerly, so would it be a huge mess if he would drop 150 of his own creds on kill?

Yep, IT'S NOT BALANCED! A grind for something that may or may not be possible. 

I certainly don't like what they've done. They've lost a lot of customers. Some may be back.

Red Dead Redemption is calling. Spiderman wants me but Warframe is winning the battle..... For now.... Maybe. Who will win the war?

But DE I listening and they will adjust it. Probably a couple of times. They've done it in the past, many times.

Maybe not like we want. There's always room for adjustment though.

Just stay in their head.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Lol, I'm impressed with Nightwave. It's pretty cool BUT it's unrealistic. 

1) A new player will have to be carried through which means co-op.

2) There are some missions I would never do. Meaning I would not be able to obtain the rewards, complete it or just ride along which means co-op.

3) There are some missions that REQUIRE you to do with another player which means co-op.

4) Co-op, do you want to get stuck with another player that doesn't know how to play?

5) Co-op, do you want to get stuck with another player that you can't communicate with? (No headset, doesn't read the chat, loves to turn on the lasers?)

6) Co-op, would you like to play with others that will make players rage quit, cause the host to leave, runs off on his own, is AFK, has screaming children in the background, plays loud TV or music in the background, causes the mission to go bust, etc. etc?) Because that has happened to me time after time.

One might say "Just quit the mission." Well then, I would have to play with other randoms and possibly face the same problem. 

I have friends and family that own a computer, PlayStation or Xbox. Some don't want to play Warframe. Some are on a different system than I am. Some have no free time or have different "free time" than I do. So, no friends.

So you see, I would have to play with randoms. No thanks. I am a solo player.

Now the required missions? Some of them I would never play anyway which cuts me out of the rewards.

Some would argue they're easy. Well, Aren't you the one! We are not all created equally. We all have different skill sets. You know, I bet there's a lot of things I could do better than you too.

Some would argue just quit "ya little baby". Who are you to push me out of my favorite game? DE, is that what you want? Your partners, YouTubers or other players to dictate what we should do? Push us away? Some partners. Shouldn't they help us, not hinder us or drive us away?

We are just voicing our concerns, our opinions. We're not hurting anyone.

Anyway, I absolutely love Warframe. I love Nightwave. I love most of the play. I love going at my own pace. I love the new updates, the changes to the graphics. I love the hard work you have put into this game. I have supported the game, bought Plat, Prime access and Warframes that I couldn't get (Vaulted or for whatever reason.) The concept, the fun.

I don't like others to tell me what to do, your partners or players. That's conceded, arrogant and just plain ignorant. I don't do that to anyone and I don't like it done to me.

I love your partners and YouTubers that  that help us understand the game, mod Warframes and weapons and play the game with efficiency and loads of fun. 

However, there are some missions I would never do and wasn't required to do.

I am a Solo player. For many reasons, I am a Solo player.

So, let's do some basic math here shall we?

7x daily challenges a 1k rep means 7k per week.

7x weekly challenges a 3k rep means an addition 21k per week for 28k total. Ayatan sculptures is the hardest of these followed possibility by Sanctuary Onslaught, but both can be solo'd as long as you know what you are doing.

This means we already have 28k rep per week, for 10 weeks = 28.000 rep, adjust it for missing 3 dailies from the first week meaning we have 25.000 and are just 5k short of all 30 tiers.

Added to that we have the 3 weekly elite challenges. 100 eximus units? Easy, soloable, just play the game and you should get it way before the week is up. Do this instead of the Ayatan mission and not only do you have the 2k extra rep you were short to do all 30 tiers in time, you will have 15k rep extra as well which should net you an addition 150 wolf cred (unless all tiers are replaced with wolf cred on prestige) which should be more than enough to get what you want from the cred page.

As an additional thing: The daily challenges don't reset every day, they reset weekly, like the weeklies, like the Maroo challenge.

The Plains bounty challenge is annoying if you do tier 4 or 5 bounties sure, but you don't need to, you can do the easy 3-stage tier 1 bounty while mostly afking and not paying attention.

There is nothing, 100% nothing here forcing you to do squad up if you don't want to.

Well aren't you the one. You're obviously a better player than me and many others. That's what you are forgetting. I can never do a mission AFK. Lol man!

Nope, some things are not easily doable.  You're projecting how easy it is for YOU forgetting about the not so skilled. Heck, friend me! I would love to run with you. I would love to learn from you! Just don't get mad at me if I can't keep up. Lol. 

I've been fortunate enough to easily find the sculptures. But I am playing solo and I don't run through the board like a maniac. Lol, been with those guys point A to Point B, ZOOM. Even in fissures. Can't tell you how many times I got left out of those by one or two before it times out. That's pretty darn inconsiderate. I can do most missions, by myself, without the stress.

And yes, there IS a mission that specifically says with another player. I hope they change that.

All in all, Nightwave is pretty darn cool.

So, took a hiatus as I got addicted to Kenshi which is cool as heck btw, but when checking Steam I saw WF had an update - so check it out I thought. So I did. I checked it out and eventually realised this radio woman was replacing the alerts system - 1st take was 'Oh cool you can get tatos' and slots from this' so all looked dandy from the outset but...

1) This is going to destroy the new player experience over time - as many people mentioned, gating basic/essential auras behind a grind wall will make them less available and fewer people will give them to new clansmates.  Taxis were a thing, we could ferry new guys and get rewards they needed within a brief timespam, like Corrosive Projection, generally regarded as critical - they were grateful and the pros felt they did a good deed - hugs all round - game makes you feel good yay. All gone now .... 

2) WF was always a grind, we knew that. This seems to be an exceptional uptick in demand of grinding - do these dailies, meet these weekly requirements, or else FOTM, you wont see these prizes again EVER, or not, because you never said what the plan was as far as I know.  Some folks as you well know will go nuts trying to get everything like good little mice - many others will look at this and frown.  You are losing the crown of 'Nice, Ethical, Respectable Dev Company' here guys, you seriously don't want to start going down the EA route. I suspect alot of your plat purchases were like mine, as in people coming in, thinking this is incredible and it's free, holy moly I want to support this company! You're going to lose that if you gate everything this way - plus you survive by keeping a flow of new players into your game filled with wide eyes, wonder and wallets - not going to happen if you make their experience 200x harder than it used to be.  They just wont stick around - too many other fun options that wont demand such an extreme use of their time to make progress. 

'If it ain't broke dont fix it' - alerts allowed noobs to pick up quick wins for things they needed - if they fell in love with the game, many might invest in plat or prime deals as I did in an effort to support you, and this model seemed to work well for years.  Now, I fear you are going to Max Grind/Timewall/Mobile F2P probably due to pressure from your owners (why oh why) and it doesn't look good from here.

Please look at this again.

Hugs from a beta Player.

Should have left the basic mods that newbies liked or needed, and the credit rewards in as alerts ( cause newbies need credits too and are too low to make it to the index), and made the wolf rewards all cosmetics and potatoes or whatever. That way newbies wont have to grind to get basic stuff, and older players have something to work towards.

Can you give me back my beloved casual, funny, relaxing alerts, pls? I would just like to have fun playing the game with random players and don't give a sht about that Nightwave Xbox achievements whatever. I want to dance on the rover in Europa, save some hostages, collect some cryotic in excavation, playing Warframe you know... Can't do this in regular missions 'cause there are no players and is boring alone, while in the alerts you ALWAYS find someone; this should mean something, infact it means they were fun. Alerts! Alerts! Alerts! Or we riot. 😐  And make the rover drivable.

Oh for crying out loud! We're talking about Nightwave not other missions. Of course you can do other missions to gain standing.

Seems like all of this is lost in translation.

Nightwave is a replacement for the Alerts. The Alerts that players depended on is gone. Especially for those that are just getting started. They are Trivial for Veterans barring one here and there. Fulfilling the Nightwave can be a real task and most certainly difficult for a newbie. Just because you can do it with ease doesn't mean everyone can. Don't lump us all into the same basket.

Good grief Man! Gain some perspective and show some compassion.

Personally I LOVE NIGHTWAVE!

It's just not ideal as an Alert Alternative.

A few tweaks here and there will make it shine.

I've got mixed feelings about Nightwave.

New Stuff and less randomness? Yes please! But making it time exclusive, really grindy AND make us lose all of our progress when the season ends? Uhm...Ok?
Like many already said: It takes about 7-8 weeks out of a possible 10 to reach Tier 30, that's 1 1/2 Months of completing EVERY SINGLE OBJECTIVE BACK TO BACK without missing a SINGLE ONE EVERY. THREE. DAYS.
Yes, it is better than missing out on alerts with rare stuff because you couldn't play at 2 a.m in the morning (I can't speak from experience, I never felt the urge to keep track of alerts 24/7), but now it's going to be "Went on holiday for more than 2 weeks? You were busy during the week and couldn't complete the elite weekly in time? Sucks to be you! You won't be able to get that sweet Umbra forma that could be the new meta or that sweet cosmetic for Fashionframe now, no matter how hard you try. Just wait for for another 3-4 Months, before you can grind to Rank 29 again." instead.

The Wolfcredit rewards also seem to be on a weekly rotation. So that BP you tried to save up for in week 1 and you hadn't enough Wolfcred? Hopefully it will appear again in the rotation and you won't miss it before the season ends, or your hard earned credits are going to expire.

I've played Monster Hunter: World and it currently does something similar with their seasonal festivals (Spring/Summer/Autuum/Winter), running about every 3-4 Months (I know it's not Free to Play, but hear me out). During the festival you could earn 5 seasonal tickets per day (1 from daily login, 3 from bounties (difficulty: 1 trivial, 1 early/midgame, 1 mid-/(rarely)endgame) and 1 for completing all 3 bounties of a day.
You can use them as currency to forge festival exclusive equipment/cosmetics.
In the most recent festival, you needed about 50 Tickets for everything. But that's for EVERYTHING, even the low level stuff that has high rank variants (think of it as "prime"-grade in Warframe terms) that you won't be using anyway in the endgame.
Without counting these, you only need 25-30 tickets total out of a possible 70 tickets. A festival runs for 2 weeks, meaning you only needed about 6-7 days to get the things you really need out of a possible 14 days.
Sure, the margin of error in percent is just as small as in Warframe, if you go for everything (only 2 days/10 Tickets missable) but that is including the useless stuff.
Even a new player could earn 2-3 Tickets per day and save them up for forging the high grade equipment later, when he is the appropriate Hunter Rank (think MR in Warframe) because THEY DON'T EXPIRE AFTER THE FESTIVAL ENDS.
And should the same seasonal festival return this year around, you maybe have some leftover tickets from the last one and can get the things you missed out on the first time even more easily!

But to be completely honest: The first time a festival came around in Monster Hunter: World, it burned me out when I participated. After doing bounties for 2 weeks non-stop, I felt exhausted and quit the game for a couple of months.
And I'm really concerned what will happen if I have to do the same in Warframe for up to 7 (!) weeks if I want to get the endgame stuff.

You know what would be great? Implement Nightwave INTO the alert system.

Let the random alert system give out standing and Wolfcreds alongside some minor rewards (Mats or credits, very important for newer players), even if it's just 5 Wolfcreds/ 500 Standing per alert, with harder missions maybe giving more and nightmare alerts even giving 3x/4x the amount.
That way you remove the randomness of the alerts and letting us work towards a specific reward.
If you fear that could cheapen the value of patatoes/forma/BPs, then just limit the amount a player can buy per Season.

It would even fit the tone of The Nightwave: Nora broadcasts, that there is a rumor of an important grineer officer having been spottet at a certain location (Capture). Or that the Corpus are attempting to trace her signal and you should put an end to it (Interception/Sabotage).
It would make much more sense for her to task you with these things instead of "collect x mods" or "spray a glyph".

I mean, how does "collecting x mods" help us track down The Wolf?

To all of you that loved the Alerts and want them back, I couldn't agree with you more.

To all of you who love Nightwave, I love Nightwave as well.

However, Until Nightwave is fixed it should not be a replacement but a compliment. A 5 minute Alert run has turned into hours.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the Alerts back.

DE will fix what's broken. They always do.

5 minutes ago, YellowVial said:

The Wolfcredit rewards also seem to be on a weekly rotation. So that BP you tried to save up for in week 1 and you hadn't enough Wolfcred? Hopefully it will appear again in the rotation and you won't miss it before the season ends, or your hard earned credits are going to expire

That's true, didn't even think of that...

Also keep in mind that since Nightwave replaces Alerts, it will always be on, so technically you always have to be doing challenges for the current Nightwave season, we are now always on a timed event schedule.

Of course this is without taking into consideration any other event that may pop up.

8 hours ago, No1Eye said:

ok, new player, good luck not doing half of those challenges then, coz you cannot even reach half of them yet anyway or coz nobody will be willing to carry you for hours/days to them.

til now, the more progressed ones were able to carry some newbies to the alerts, coz you went in and 5-10 minutes later you were out with the reward collected.

what are you gonna do now?

ask in the general chat or your friends to taxi you to hours/days of grind by carrying you to half or even more of the challenges you cannot even do yourself?

good luck doing that.

not to mention, the time required to reach to the rewards you aim at is way longer than before.

we, the more progressed ones, can see the flaw on that system, you do not yet, but you will in a while.

Sorry but that's just complete nonsense. Without ever leaving regular Earth missions, you can complete for 3K each: Fully Socket 5 Ayatan Sculptures, Complete 3/3 Capture missions, Kill 500 enemies, that's 9K, all 4 dailies so far could be done by an MR1 on Earth, that's another 4K for 13K, an adventurous newbie can jump in on public PoE missions early on (I did a few times at MR1 on Excalibur, it was fine) for another 3K making 16K total. Doing all of that you should be able to get another 500-1000 for refugee captures, that means an active newbie can score 17K standing in the week they started. Which only lasted 5 days because we didn't start on Monday this first time.

Assuming you keep that up you end up with 200 wolf creds, 2 weapon slots, 1 warframe slot, a potato, 20K kuva and the awesome Grakata mod. And more than likely you will be able to increase that to 20-25K a week within a few mastery ranks. How is that not good? Do you expect a newbie to be able to get the max standing on their very first rotation?

Do the maths before you post, it's just adding and subtracting after all.

All of the MATH is wrong! Every bit of it! Your assumptions are very subjective.

You forgot to add in all of the Variables. Everyone is not created equally when it comes to skills. If that were true there would NEVER be any competitions. Not to mention we have lives outside the game.

Is it fair to almost complete it and lose it after all of your hard work because you had to stop for a reason? A surprise visit from family, a service call that you had to run, a family crises no matter how small? Many many reasons. Now all of that hard work you put into getting the golden egg.... Poof! You could have easily gotten it from running a mission or two before.

Just because you can doesn't mean everyone else can! Just because it's a snap for you doesn't mean it is for us. Otherwise we wouldn't need the YouTube partners. We wouldn't need their advise. We would be as good as them. You do realize, YouTubers, for the lack of a better statement, we're your bread and butter.

Shouldn't we be helping, not judging. This is difficult for some of us. 

2 hours ago, Moscatinka said:

Sorry but that's just complete nonsense. Without ever leaving regular Earth missions, you can complete for 3K each: Fully Socket 5 Ayatan Sculptures, Complete 3/3 Capture missions, Kill 500 enemies, that's 9K, all 4 dailies so far could be done by an MR1 on Earth, that's another 4K for 13K, an adventurous newbie can jump in on public PoE missions early on (I did a few times at MR1 on Excalibur, it was fine) for another 3K making 16K total. Doing all of that you should be able to get another 500-1000 for refugee captures, that means an active newbie can score 17K standing in the week they started. Which only lasted 5 days because we didn't start on Monday this first time.

Assuming you keep that up you end up with 200 wolf creds, 2 weapon slots, 1 warframe slot, a potato, 20K kuva and the awesome Grakata mod. And more than likely you will be able to increase that to 20-25K a week within a few mastery ranks. How is that not good? Do you expect a newbie to be able to get the max standing on their very first rotation?

Do the maths before you post, it's just adding and subtracting after all.

if you do not get it, well, at the end of the nightwaves series 1, let us know what rewards you have actually reached/gotten, how much time you have actually spent on doing them compared to how it used to be, and how hard you have actually been carried by others to most of your challenges, as being a new player.

also, at the end of series 1, let us know how many times you and others are willing to do this, repeatedly, to simply get rewards you aim at each week and each series, which is basically everything, since you are a new player.

it is basic logic, you do not even need the math behind it.

but if you really want the math behind it, look a bit further back in pages to find the posts presenting them.

there were 1-2 people in here who posted them previously.

but, if you really like it like that, sure, by all means, have at it and let us know how it all works out for you further down in road and for how long you will actually keep doing all that, assuming you have a life as well, a job, a wife, kids, other games you might be playing too, and a lot more to do in the game since warframe does not involve around nightwaves only, it has a lot of other stuff to be doing in there too. and since you are a new player, you need a lot, if not all.

good luck with all that!

What i find interesting is that nighwave is very similar to my clan activity verification strategy.

My clan has a weekly mission that is assigned to players, from solo spy missions on lua to rescues with specific rewards, at some point we even had the famous magnetic and ice hazard sabotage, everything to cause players to actually spend time in missions and think for themselves, currently this has been combined with the new clan role of replicating research, so if players don't do the missions, they can't claim research.

This also follows the standard of long activity verifications, if you lost a rank and want to regain it back, you're looking into doing a few missions, sadly there is only 1 mission per week so the limiting factor is the "few weeks" as oposed to "a few missions"

With this the clan has been able to track down trolls, players who claim to be active but are in the end inactive and we reward players if they do said missions, the breaking point asside from the novelty seems to be at around 2 weeks, from personal experience lack of care and activity happens around 2 weeks after entering, players are logging in, but they ain't playing and so i assume the same will happen with nightwave, with a portion of the playerbase not caring as much after 2 weeks

All i can say is that i aprove the new "alert" rework, rewarding those who play and not rewarding those who simply make claims of activity, keeps players motivated with rewards (similar to rank increases in my clan) and adds a story on top of it, with new enemies and loot. sounds great to me.

My clan uses the nightwave system, the only difference is that we are on the week 124 so some have seen this in full effect for a long time and my clan mates can agree that when it comes to keeping a clan active, it works.

"when It comes to keeping a clan active. It works."
Aka, The Sunk-Cost Fallacy.
(Everything from costly displays of commitment and loyalty to a tribe, hazing rituals, gamblers fallacies, people sticking to hard relationships after years of investment, generals sending troops to the meatgrinder because we can't let those soldiers to have died in vain, to the mundane everyday mistakes we make in impulse buying and justifying that waste of resources later to ourselves and as a result becoming more invested in the decision.)

I'm not saying that this doesn't work, it preys on one of the fundamental weaknesses of human nature, it's why everyone copies Fortnite Battepasses and lootboxes and all the other cynical casino style gambling tactics, precisely because they do work, they've worked it down to a science on how to psychologically manipulate people into becoming invested and biased towards justifying why they commit so hard and spend so much on something.

I suffer from it, you suffer from it, we all fall prey to the weak parts in our natures.

1 hour ago, No1Eye said:

if you do not get it, well, at the end of the nightwaves series 1, let us know what rewards you have actually reached/gotten, how much time you have actually spent on doing them compared to how it used to be, and how hard you have actually been carried by others to most of your challenges, as being a new player.

also, at the end of series 1, let us know how many times you and others are willing to do this, repeatedly, to simply get rewards you aim at each week and each series, which is basically everything, since you are a new player.

it is basic logic, you do not even need the math behind it.

but if you really want the math behind it, look a bit further back in pages to find the posts presenting them.

there were 1-2 people in here who posted them previously.

but, if you really like it like that, sure, by all means, have at it and let us know how it all works out for you further down in road and for how long you will actually keep doing all that, assuming you have a life as well, a job, a wife, kids, other games you might be playing too, and a lot more to do in the game since warframe does not involve around nightwaves only, it has a lot of other stuff to be doing in there too. and since you are a new player, you need a lot, if not all.

good luck with all that!

I can let you know right now. I have all acts completed except the Eidolon Hunt and the Sortie (which I don't expect or try to complete). I have done all of this in Solo mode in regular planetary missions and PoE. I have made a total of 34.5K standing. I also have a 9-6 job and didn't start until Thursday evening. I am by no means a newbie anymore and I don't expect a newbie to be able to complete the 9 invasions, 3 waves of SO, Cephalon Simaris scans and Eximus kills so I didn't count them in my previous post. The rest of it is level independent and can be done at any level, with enemies of your own level, with a comparable amount of effort as I put into it.

Furthermore, I think if I had "a life as well, a job, a wife, kids, other games you might be playing too" as you say I wouldn't be so arrogant as to expect I could reach top rank. I only have about half of those and if the current trend is any indication I will just about reach top rank myself (I'm taking into account that I rushed a few things because we only had half a week on this first round). That seems more than fair to me, I wouldn't have complained if as a solo player I would have been stuck just a little lower. The true elites can rake in a bunch of extra wolf creds after rank 30 and the people who have all of the above will have to learn to live with the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day.

If you are a casual player you have to make some sacrifices. For me those are the Eidolon Hunt related stuff and Sorties, big deal, there's plenty of other fun stuff to do. For you or a new player it might mean not reaching top rank in Nightwave, you'll still be able to get plenty of wolf creds to get the stuff you truly need, with more choice and far less forced "like it or lose it" than the random alert system offered.

55 minutes ago, Moscatinka said:

I can let you know right now. I have all acts completed except the Eidolon Hunt and the Sortie (which I don't expect or try to complete). I have done all of this in Solo mode in regular planetary missions and PoE. I have made a total of 34.5K standing. I also have a 9-6 job and didn't start until Thursday evening. I am by no means a newbie anymore and I don't expect a newbie to be able to complete the 9 invasions, 3 waves of SO, Cephalon Simaris scans and Eximus kills so I didn't count them in my previous post. The rest of it is level independent and can be done at any level, with enemies of your own level, with a comparable amount of effort as I put into it.

Furthermore, I think if I had "a life as well, a job, a wife, kids, other games you might be playing too" as you say I wouldn't be so arrogant as to expect I could reach top rank. I only have about half of those and if the current trend is any indication I will just about reach top rank myself (I'm taking into account that I rushed a few things because we only had half a week on this first round). That seems more than fair to me, I wouldn't have complained if as a solo player I would have been stuck just a little lower. The true elites can rake in a bunch of extra wolf creds after rank 30 and the people who have all of the above will have to learn to live with the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day.

If you are a casual player you have to make some sacrifices. For me those are the Eidolon Hunt related stuff and Sorties, big deal, there's plenty of other fun stuff to do. For you or a new player it might mean not reaching top rank in Nightwave, you'll still be able to get plenty of wolf creds to get the stuff you truly need, with more choice and far less forced "like it or lose it" than the random alert system offered.

kudos to you then, some other 'new players' cannot do them.

i remember you said you are a new player, right?

so i thought you are a new player, according to your own statement.

you apparently are not so new, so do not claim yourself as new.

since a new player would not even have access to half of those challenges there or they would have been a nightmare for them to complete.

also, i am no new player either.

and i am mr26, how do you think i reached there?

i can reach in top rank of it, too.

i can do all of those things, but that's not the point.

the point is it shouldn't be done as a chore, as a forced thing, as second job.

the point is that it takes us way longer to do those things now, to simply take the alert reward.

the point is that people are being forced to grind up all the way to the reward(s) they aim at.

the point is that the new system is forcing us to do a bunch of stuff we do not really wanna do or we have done already many times over and got all burned out of them already.

the point is that it is not new player friendly, at all.

also, it loses its meaning, those are not alerts, those are practically dailies and weeklies.

they did not have to replace the alerts.

alerts and nightwaves series should exist at the same time, each to its own purpose.

alerts are missions that pop up right now and if you do them at that specific time you earn yourself a reward.

and nightwaves series are the daily/weekly challenges.

those are not and cannot be the same and one should not cancel the other.

Of the challenges we have access to, the dailies are by far the easiest to do and pretty much everyone should be able to complete them.

Increasing them to 1.5K would mean anyone can get 10.5k a week or to be more specific be at least Rank 10 by the end,  while doing other stuff, while grinding for other things you need.

Then make the 3 convicts give out 5 Wolf Cred rather then 50 rep, this would make them a heck of a lot more rewarding to capture.

I don't know if it too much (my above idea) but I feel the system right now doesn't have the right "numbers" but I can't think of a way to fix it without bringing back Alerts and have it run along side Nightwave, which given how much they have invested in Nightwave may not be something DE would ever do.

Archived