Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

43 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Its just too grindy. At the current projected earning rate, I will not reach level 50, even though I have completed every challenge... that's not cool. Completing every challenge every week should produce excess, not be under the target for obtaining all 50 season rewards. 

50? Thought it only went to 30? Either your math is flawed, or it's just a typo 😛

Well, I've been playing Nightwave. 

While It's kind of cool and a fun way to play, the End does NOT justify the Means.

Simply meaning, you have to work harder for what you got before. 

Let's say you used to get $10 an hour to do a job. Cool, ok. Let's say NOW you have to work 10 hours to get that $10. "Hey, wait a second, you yell, That's only a dollar an hour!" "No exclaims your boss, that's $10 to do the job."

It's the same principal. Who are you fooling? What was once a reward for running a certain mission is now "if you run these missions you might get this reward. Really? How's that better? Hmm, maybe I'll have to buy some Plat? GREAT IDEA! (Woohoohoo hahaha)

And hey guys, did you notice the affinity bonus for running a mission is no longer there?

Do I Have Your Attention Now?  That's right, there's no more "Get 10 Headshots" or kills while sliding for x amount of bonus affinity... Snuck that one out.

A better alternative to the Alerts?

Oh but this is better. This way you'll never miss out. Really?

Still believe this was a step in the right direction?

You can't deny Nightwave is very cool. But it should compliment the game not replace Alets. Especially since the Alerts were never broken and it would entice us to play every day.

Stop complaining about the grind. That's not the issue. The whole game is a grind. Look at what you lost. You certainly haven't gained anything.

And stop looking at the math. That's just an open ended argument.

The rest of Warframe is absolutely beautiful!, Well thought out, well done.

DE, your players aren't stupid. As Konzo says "I see you!" As Players We don't mind change, we welcome it.

Just don't try to pass off your greed as some kind of favor to us.

For better or worse It's just a change guys. They just made a failed attempt at justifying it.

I'm hopeful they will fix it but I'm not holding my breath.

I understand gating the story to weekly episodes or whatever - but why the challenges?  This could be something to keep people grinding but instead after 3hrs I find myself done everything and waiting for refresh... this needs to go.

Also there should be 10k Acts -BUT they should cost Wolf Cred to take on.  As it stands now Vets can only really look forward to the time gated reward tiers - but any cred we get is amassed for nothing since nothing to spend it on... at the very least let us buy even more challenging Acts so that we can convert the Wolf Cred to further progress towards the Tiers.

Nightwave is an interesting concept.  I'll give it that, but it feels like a reduction in the game.  I can understand trying to give more consistent access to valuable rewards, but the removal of Alerts was...just a bad idea.

Firstly: the randomly-generated missions were not bad.  Or outdated.  Or in need of replacement. In certain temperament of boredom, I've been known to come on to Warframe without a clear goal or objective.  Just the desire to shoot the helmet off some fifty or so Corpus, or stab some Grineer; to play the game.  And without anything specific to do, the randomized list of alerts, different as it was every time you came back, it became a set of missions to arbitrarily do to just get yourself into the game, without having to look across the whole map, decide what mission-type you want to play, what faction you wanted to fight, and then scour some three planets to find a node that fit the bill.  The Alerts were a quick set of suggestions of what to play.  The rewards were almost unimportant, and they're the only part that Nightwave replaces.

Secondly, there were other rewards from alerts, besides the rare ones that you've put under cred exchanges now.  Less important ones, by right of not being exclusive, but a decent quantity of general materials or credits were also there.  Speaking from my own experience from a while back, before I had nigh-endless stockpiles of next to everything, 300 Oxium was nothing to scoff at when it showed up.  These missions weren't JUST for the big rewards.  Most of the stuff on them wasn't exclusive, and it wasn't necessary for it to be important to someone who was trying to get a particular resource that showed up.  And honestly, the most exciting alerts that cropped up were always those with Forma Blueprints, which without Alerts, are now exclusively from void fissures, since they're not available via Nightwave.

I understand the need to get more consistent access to the rewards.  But I don't think the randomization was the problem with Alerts.  The problem was that these random missions had exclusive rewards.  Rewards that couldn't be acquired in more consistent ways, which led many players who didn't spend all their time on the mobile app, or some tracker website, staring at the alerts list waiting for the right one, to consistently miss their desired item.  And with the new Nightwave system, there can still be a large gap of time when you can't get any creds toward the thing you want.  If you're rank six, and have spent all your creds, it's going to take you nearly two weeks to get the next drop.  During which time, the perfect Alert might have been able to drop if they were still around.  Nightwave's consistent availability is great.  It is good that Nitain Extracts can now be purchased at any time, provided the proper currency.  But I think the two systems to get them and the other rewards would work better together.  Daily challenges have done wonders in other games, but if you start cutting other content to make room for them, you're going to be left with people who just grind out the daily and then stop.  Alerts were small, but they would occasionally bring someone back several times a day.

Finally, I'd like to touch on the lore side of things.  Alerts didn't have much lore attached to them directly, but that they existed was good for the feel of the game's world.  Mainly because they gave it some subtle mobility.  Something was happening at this node, so the Tenno should go and do a thing to stop it or something.  It wasn't specific, but what in this game ever has been?  I've still never known what data I'm stealing in most spy missions.  There are still things like this, what with sorties and invasions, but Alerts and fissures were the only ones that the Tenno did for themselves.  Everything else is some third party faction giving them orders, and then presumably paying them for it.  Alerts were just...satisfying Lotus' curiosity, at best.  They were simple and quick, and even with the rewards being small, you felt like you had a reason to be doing the thing you were doing.  Without them, you're stuck with someone else's priorities, or laboring over the arbitrary choice of which node you want to visit next after every mission.

To summarize, Nightwave is a good addition.  It brings more rewards to the table, and offers some more consistently than they've been available in the past.  But it should be an ADDITION.  Removing the Alerts to make room for it was not necessary, and is likely to cut playtime in the long run.

Also, Nora annoys me.  I just had to mention that.

some people think that a weekly mission, that can be done in a week is too tedious 

thats 7 x 24 hours... 168 hours to finish 8 bounties, i used to do 10 a day, and they r adding in the option to restart them while out in the plains still 

if u cant be assed to do 8 bounties in that time, you shouldn't even be rewared 

you wanted stuff to do, your given stuff to do, and u cant be assed to do it

the amount of stuff u can get is amazing, the issue is those that dont have free time to play games, are complaining that they have no free time and cant play, but want rewards anyways because the old system handed out rewards for little to no effort, but if u never have time then 99% of the rewards u wanted would be at random times so u wouldnt have got them anyways!

and fun fact, u dont even have to do the poe bounty, u only need to do 60% of the challenges, and that 60% can be done in 20 mins, but yet ur all still *@##$ing that 20 mins a week is too much work!

7 hours ago, xTerrain said:

Secondly, there were other rewards from alerts, besides the rare ones that you've put under cred exchanges now.  Less important ones, by right of not being exclusive, but a decent quantity of general materials or credits were also there.  Speaking from my own experience from a while back, before I had nigh-endless stockpiles of next to everything, 300 Oxium was nothing to scoff at when it showed up.  These missions weren't JUST for the big rewards.

Thanks for bringing that up. I almost always did those oxium alerts, and you remember another big one? Kavat genetic codes! Good luck to the new players who want to build Khora. Enjoy that 20% chance of getting a single genetic code from kavat scans on the derelict, missions you have to craft navigation keys to get to! I acknowledge they might potentially show up in the weekly rotation eventually, and while I do appreciate the new rewards like slots and such, it still feels like we're getting less for more work.

7 hours ago, xTerrain said:

Also, Nora annoys me.  I just had to mention that.

Yeah... I don't need to be called a "badass" in Warframe. Like, I didn't realize that was even in anyone's vocabulary in this universe. It feels so generic and stupid to me.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

some people think that a weekly mission, that can be done in a week is too tedious 

thats 7 x 24 hours... 168 hours to finish 8 bounties, i used to do 10 a day, and they r adding in the option to restart them while out in the plains still 

if u cant be assed to do 8 bounties in that time, you shouldn't even be rewared 

you wanted stuff to do, your given stuff to do, and u cant be assed to do it

the amount of stuff u can get is amazing, the issue is those that dont have free time to play games, are complaining that they have no free time and cant play, but want rewards anyways because the old system handed out rewards for little to no effort, but if u never have time then 99% of the rewards u wanted would be at random times so u wouldnt have got them anyways!

and fun fact, u dont even have to do the poe bounty, u only need to do 60% of the challenges, and that 60% can be done in 20 mins, but yet ur all still *@##$ing that 20 mins a week is too much work!

go do them then and stop being impolite to all the players who do not wanna do it this way, or cannot, or do not have the time to do all that, or whatever else reason.

all we say here is that old alerts and new challenges should exist at the same time, simply coz they are a different thing, judging by their name and each function and purpose they serve.

one should be the alerts, missions that pop up at a specific time and if done you get rewarded at that specific time, as the old alerts were.

and the other one should be the nightwaves, which are practically weekly/daily challenges and they are not even close to being alerts, coz well, they do not seem as ones.

both should exist, old alerts and nightwaves, simple as that.

plus nightwaves should just be adjusted a bit so to be more new player friendly and all kinds of players friendly.

for you it is all the same, as i see, so, why would it matter if you do challenges, or alerts, or old alerts, or new challenges, or both of them, or whatever name they are giving them.

and it is not that we do not wanna do the work or cannot, remember you are not the only player here who has done many things in game, who is progressed in game, some are even more progressed than you, so calm down dude, you missed a turn somewhere back there, it seems.

15 minutes ago, No1Eye said:

go do them then and stop being impolite to all the players who do not wanna do it this way, or cannot, or do not have the time to do all that, or whatever else reason.

all we say here is that old alerts and new challenges should exist at the same time, simply coz they are a different thing, judging by their name and each function and purpose they serve.

one should be the alerts, missions that pop up at a specific time and if done you get rewarded at that specific time, as the old alerts were.

and the other one should be the nightwaves, which are practically weekly/daily challenges and they are not even close to being alerts, coz well, they do not seem as ones.

both should exist, old alerts and nightwaves, simple as that.

plus nightwaves should just be adjusted a bit so to be more new player friendly and all kinds of players friendly.

for you it is all the same, as i see, so, why would it matter if you do challenges, or alerts, or old alerts, or new challenges, or both of them, or whatever name they are giving them.

and it is not that we do not wanna do the work or cannot, remember you are not the only player here who has done many things in game, who is progressed in game, some are even more progressed than you, so calm down dude, you missed a turn somewhere back there, it seems.

i did do all the challenges, in less then 2 hours, and they r weekly.... thats 2 hours a week, and are cumulative...

Well aren't you the one!! Just because you can doesn't mean everyone else can. I hate when people project on to others. "I did it so I know everyone else can do it."

Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm just as good or better than you! Oh that's right, you're a Doctor and a train conductor. 

Oh wait, we're all the same. Hmm, if we're all the same there would NEVER be any competitions. EVER!!! We would all have the same home, drive the same car, have the same job.

I mean, live in the same cave. After all, no need for anything new, we're the same!

Good grief man! It's not all about you! If you can do all of this in less than 2 hours .    Bravo! Congratulations! Feel better? Not very many people in this post feel like you. 

Throw youself back to the beginning of the game and erase any memory of how to play it.

Put others first, before youself.

DE just made Warframe harder? Do you know how much Nitain is required in this game? How much will the Average player get now? Wukong? Oh stop.

I'm not the only one that has said this.

Nightwave is really cool. BUT, it should not have EVER replaced the Alerts.

It should have just complimented the already great game.

All of the MATH aside, professor, it has made getting the necessary resources HARDER to obtain, not easier.

The bonus affinities are also gone. No more " Get 10 Headshots", "Kill 30 enemies", etc., etc., etc., For each mission you run. We depended on that as well  

Some of us only have a few hours to kill. So, even if we can do Nightwave in two hours, which by the way is one of the most absurd things I have read in this post, when will I be able to run fissures, fish, mine, run defenses and level up that new Warframe or weapon that took FOREVER to get?

Ahh, that's right, let's make the game hard enough we can now justify selling Nitain and EVERYTHING else.

We're just going to edge it in. Shhhh, maybe no one will notice.

Don't look at the battle. Look at the War. You've already lost.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

i did do all the challenges, in less then 2 hours, and they r weekly.... thats 2 hours a week, and are cumulative...

Well done dude.

If you think I and the other progressed players cannot do them all too in a similar timeframe, you are very much mistaken and you are missing the whole point of our suggestions.

I hope you also feel very much rewarded by doing so.

Oh, there's more disappoints to come. You can bet on that. They probably won't do new quests but if they do I won't be able to fit it in.

Yes, this is turning into "Pay to Play." 

No matter how you want to ice this cake, DE, Only those that can't see the forest because the trees are in the way will argue that this is a good thing.

This is a BIG mistake going down this road. 

At the end of the day, this is going to bite you on the BUTT!

I thought TENNO Con was going to be great. But really, it's just another way to get your money. And, you know what people are called that feel entitled to take what's not theirs?

No matter how pretty you paint this, it's what is underneath that counts.

I was holding on to hope, thinking they will fix this. But you know what? They knew what they were doing.

Can't wait for the update which will restore the Alerts. Nightwave can stay as it is, a nice addition. A little hotfix for bringing back the Alerts and then we can all lift together, c'mon. 🙂 Next week, maybe? Add content for all kind of players, not remove it.

thinking about this new battle pass and how sad it is that digital extremes would sink so low and get sooo lazy as to take what other games like fortnite and pubg and soon to be apex and paladins is doing and adds a battle pass to their game killing off the the alerts which was useful to everyone and replace them with this as well as probably never make another story quest because why take time continuing a story you have been telling since DAY ONE when we can have an annoying radio host tell stories and give out missions daily and weekly to have us earn credits for items we need nitain extract is needed heavily in this game and all of us rely on the alerts to get those items but the rare items weren't the only things in alerts you got like 1000 alloy plates or neural sensors and so on you added this thing in thinking of only the most dedicated players who have been their since beta and play 100 hours a week and thats all they do you dont think of those who play little here and a little thier and may pop and and see and alert for oxium or nitain extract and go hey i need that lets get this one done now they have to play for standing enough to get credits not much credit i might add just to get items they used to earn by doing alerts you want to add the battle pass that's fine but why kill off the alerts its inexcuesable and needs to be ficed asap the you just showed on friday they can be added back in at any time when you wehre forced to put the alert for the neo relics for the celebration coming up so theirs no reason they cant be in along side nightwave do the right thing and add the alerts back hell make them a challenge form the the nightwave daily do 5 alers in 1 day or weekly do 20 alerts to earn standing its not that hard you need to fix this or you only hurting yourself and your game its a fun game but taking away a core piece of this game that's been thier for so long is a terrible idea that will only hurt in the long run and drive players away and you dont want that

It seems we can get everything even when only completing 60% of all tasks.

But this still means i have to play every week to make the goal of reaching lvl 30?

What if i want to take a break, celebrate x-mas with my familiy (Remembering the backslash on the x-mas event?), traveling to a location without my computer and/or stable internet connection, or even get ill?

If i am doing only 60% all the time, now i am losing a week, will i still be able to reach the max standing with Nora?

So i have to do 90-100% just in case i need it.

Last month i was ill for three weeks and could not play for two of them, i even was in the hospital.

Think about it, with this episode format i can´t life my life like i want, you know life sometimes happens...

It´s like i have to make warframe my number one priority and even then i have to do a lot.

And after the first episode (season) will there be a break or does it just roll right into the next one?

Seasons are one of the reasons i quit playing Diablo 3 (Owning D3, Addon and Nekros DLC), it was just not fun anymore and annoying to get the rewards.

My honest opinion on this matter is, that DE had the best in mind, but there are sometimes factors out of our control.

The new credits shop is a really good start, it needs some tweaking (like getting credits outsite of ranking up), but i think it´s the right direction.

Yes, this system is different, yes under the best conditions you could got more out of the alerts, but with this it´s realiable.

Which makes it good for new players, they can see what´s available and work towards it.

I known, Nitain was faster in the old system, but even then it was time consuming to get the required amout (This would be part of the tweaking).

Remembering the extrem low amounts of oxium we got and the horrendous requirements for building the frames that needed it? Changed!

If i recollect it right, there was a way to reroll the look of kubrows with plat. DE used ther statistics and saw that one person used it like a slot machine.

They removed it to prevent people from spending money on this, does anyone think that another company would have done this? (EA -> Lootbox).

If they were greedy, they could milk the community like cow´s, but they refuse to do so.

This is the reason they still have my trust to make it right.

I love warframe, i love the art and style of it and DE listening to the community, i saw the potential in closed beta (it wasn´t that pretty back then...) and even became a founder.

Have faith in them, yes there are things that should be done different, yes there are unfixed bugs, but hell i tried a lot of mmo games through the years and this one is the only that sticked with me.

Doing everything will get you around 32K xp pro week - meaning that you will have to do more than 93% of the missions every week for the 10 weeks that this first series will run for, if you want to reach maximum rank of 30.

DE should just set a weekly xp cap and let players decide what missions they want to play to get there to that cap - like playing the same mission again and again, if that's what the players prefer.

Also bring back the old alert system in combination with the new one - it's not newbie friendly at all.

Archived