Nightwave: Series 1

I'm a solo player for a number of reasons. Very good reasons.

I did 10 missions for Nightwave. There's absolutely no way for me to do more. 

A sortie will a friend - Oh that's a long story and it's in a couple of my other posts.

A Hydrolyst - uh, nope. I've tried for hours and hours. I'm just not good enough.

5 scans fo Cephalon - maybe doable but iffy.

Saw the new challenges, not bad except for 2 elites:

Do an hour long Kuva survival without using life support module (okay ouch) and do an hour long survival with a friend or clanmate (this again, really!?).

Also the 10 perfect captures in Orb Valis is kinda iffy, not everyone does them to begin with, but it is a weekly so it should be fine.

So it seems at least one Elite every Week will force you to play the game the way they want you to play it... Great.

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

I do realize people play solo, but that doesn't remove the fact this is a multiplayer game. And seriously, if someone is anti-social to the point that they can't get an ad-hoc friend or clan for these things, maybe they SHOULD be somewhat forced to do so, it's only good for them. John Donne was right when he said No man is an Island.

Yeah, Nightwaves could have coexisted with Alerts, i mean the only thing that makes them tangentially linked is the Wolf Credits part, which honestly, can be removed without much detriment to the game, if replaced with alerts, especially if alerts are improved upon (like more often, or longer lived Nitain and Vauban part Alerts). But if the decision to remove Alerts is set in stone, then i think they should be replaced with other mission types that will serve the purposes that alerts served, which was an expedient way of obtaining some materials and items, a quick way to find same-minded groups, and a guideline for those that don't want to commit to farming something specific. The so-called "bite sized content".

Ouch! You just lost me at "SHOULD be somewhat forced to." No, no no..... I can give you a lot of reasons I'm a solo player. Been there, did that.

While Warframe is fundamentally a multiplayer game it's not a requirement. There's tons of solo Players in Warframe.

"forced", man, don't be that guy.

• Like 4

CUIic.png

This is excessive.  I wouldn't mind too much, if say i were required to be 20 mins in a survival, after enemies are 100+ (especially if hitting that level were faster/easier) but wasting an entire hour of my time?  Especially with two similar missions?  This is too excessive.  Up the challenge if you want, but i feel just requiring more time to be spent, is a waste of potential, and takes away from the appeal of the whole challenge system.  This particular one, i can not solo.  This means if i have to afk to rl, cuz some of us have that, i absolutely must be carried.  Please consider revising the missions, and excluding such pointless time wasters in the future.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

I'm a solo player for a number of reasons. Very good reasons.

I did 10 missions for Nightwave. There's absolutely no way for me to do more. 

A sortie will a friend - Oh that's a long story and it's in a couple of my other posts.

A Hydrolyst - uh, nope. I've tried for hours and hours. I'm just not good enough.

5 scans fo Cephalon - maybe doable but iffy.

Weirdly enough, all those are easy if done with other people...
Sortie with friend, that one's self explanatory...

Hydrolist, is way easier with other people. It's soloable, but the kind of practice and gear you need doesn't make it readily soloable.
And the scans, are pretty easy since you can scan other people's targets.

10 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Saw the new challenges, not bad except for 2 elites:

Do an hour long Kuva survival without using life support module (okay ouch) and do an hour long survival with a friend or clanmate (this again, really!?).

Also the 10 perfect captures in Orb Valis is kinda iffy, not everyone does them to begin with, but it is a weekly so it should be fine.

So it seems at least one Elite every Week will force you to play the game the way they want you to play it... Great.

One Hour survival is kind of pushing the envelope though. Most people won't do it that long. And it's not really the most fun of contents, i mean it gets to be fun on the last 15m, but until then it's just meh all the time...

4 minutes ago, Tonkatunk said:

CUIic.png

This is excessive.  I wouldn't mind too much, if say i were required to be 20 mins in a survival, after enemies are 100+ (especially if hitting that level were faster/easier) but wasting an entire hour of my time?  Especially with two similar missions?  This is too excessive.  Up the challenge if you want, but i feel just requiring more time to be spent, is a waste of potential, and takes away from the appeal of the whole challenge system.  This particular one, i can not solo.  This means if i have to afk to rl, cuz some of us have that, i absolutely must be carried.  Please consider revising the missions, and excluding such pointless time wasters in the future.

You should be able to do both 60m survivals at the same time, if you do the kuva one with a friend/clanmate.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Ouch! You just lost me at "SHOULD be somewhat forced to." No, no no..... I can give you a lot of reasons I'm a solo player. Been there, did that.

While Warframe is fundamentally a multiplayer game it's not a requirement. There's tons of solo Players in Warframe.

"forced", man, don't be that guy.

That's actually a form of therapy. If someone's so adverse to social contact that they can't get past that requirement, then they might need all the help they can get.

Edited by ReaverKane

i just checked the new challenges of the week.

they are very 'new player friendly'.

and those are alerts now, right?

c'mon DE, those are daily/weekly challenges, who are meant to be done by progressed players for some extra rewards, if so they wished.

we had alerts, they are gone now.

DE, i would very much advise you to bring back the alerts alongside with the challenges or i am afraid we will see the new player playerbase shrinking.

hell, we will see the playerbase shrinking in general.

Edited by No1Eye
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Just looked at the new Nightwave Acts. There's only 7 I can do. Super Bummer.

How come?

I mean, i get the 60m survivals not being for everyone. But everything else is pretty easy and solo/random group friendly.

Long time Closed Beta player chiming in....

The Elite challenges for Week 2 are exactly the wrong way to create these challenges. 60 minutes in any mission is just mind numbingly bad. This has been communicated to you time and again, ever since original Void Key Towers. Please, please don't regress. The 30 minute force "War on ENEMY TYPE" alerts were pushing it. 40 minutes is the absolute limit for me before I lose my mind on the monotonous environment and task of an Endless mission.

The forced "friends" thing needs to stop now! This is solo player hostile as has been pointed out in the past! It also directly contradicts the ability to form Pickup Groups. This is the absolutely annoying aspect of forming specialized groups in the Recruiting Channel. It is annoying extra step that does not need to be there. Have I mentioned this is annoying? Let's elevate it to aggravating.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

How come?

I mean, i get the 60m survivals not being for everyone. But everything else is pretty easy and solo/random group friendly.

Reaver, I'm not you. Even though I'm MR19 and ready to pass the MR20 test it took some work to get there. I'm good with a few Frames but not the best. I practice a lot but one of the problems is I have Essential Tremors. I love to hit the doorways and shoot in the air. Lol.

But playing this game is real therapy...  In many ways. It has really helped. I have gained a lot of control back and working on more.

• Like 1
Just now, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Much more expensive, and slower.

old system I could get 4 nitain per day

now I only get 50 wolf credits per week(check the reward schedule), and it only buys me 3.

With the old alerts, You'd be averaging much more than 3 nitain per week

especially for smart players who turn on alert notifications for their phone so they can catch them all...

This is a terrible nerf

Yes, and believe it or not I was able to get 10 through the weekend. 4 a day but 2 overlap. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Reaver, I'm not you. Even though I'm MR19 and ready to pass the MR20 test it took some work to get there. I'm good with a few Frames but not the best. I practice a lot but one of the problems is I have Essential Tremors. I love to hit the doorways and shoot in the air. Lol.

But playing this game is real therapy...  In many ways. It has really helped. I have gained a lot of control back and working on more.

Just join a group...
I'd say join me, but i'm on PC... You don't have to do everything yourself. Also, get something like a Volt Prime, or a Sarin... A Press 4 to win type of frame means you don't have to be accurate. Also Ignis Wraith or Amprex are great for when you can't be as accurate.

And depending on the sortie, you can just run for most of them, which is why i include them on the doable. The perfect captures should be easy with sleep frames like Equinox or Ivara.

6 minutes ago, Brasten said:

The forced "friends" thing needs to stop now! This is solo player hostile as has been pointed out in the past! It also directly contradicts the ability to form Pickup Groups. This is the absolutely annoying aspect of forming specialized groups in the Recruiting Channel. It is annoying extra step that does not need to be there. Have I mentioned this is annoying? Let's elevate it to aggravating.

I would argue about the effectiveness of that challenge, and affecting randoms.  I mean, i don't use it a whole lot, but i am part of the warframe discord group, and a few other groups more private groups that have people who play warframe.  It's a simple matter for many, to simply find a chat of choice, ask if anyone will help with the challenge, and maybe temporarily add someone to clear the challenge, and we both go on our way.  Other 2 slots can be open public, or set to closed, don't matter.  Only real issue, is people who have net problems, will still have issues playing with others, but other than that it's a quick and simple task still, with no real influence in modern day gaming.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

now I only get 50 wolf credits per week(check the reward schedule), and it only buys me 3.

especially for smart players who turn on alert notifications for their phone so they can catch them all...

This is a terrible nerf

It buys you 15 mate. Each "Nitain" is actually a bundle of 5.

8 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Just join a group...
I'd say join me, but i'm on PC... You don't have to do everything yourself. Also, get something like a Volt Prime, or a Sarin... A Press 4 to win type of frame means you don't have to be accurate. Also Ignis Wraith or Amprex are great for when you can't be as accurate.

And depending on the sortie, you can just run for most of them, which is why i include them on the doable. The perfect captures should be easy with sleep frames like Equinox or Ivara.

That's very kind of you. Believe me I would join you. The Amprex is my best friend lol. I use Loki, Ivara, Ash and my favorite Inaros. They can't kill what they don't see lol. I use frost but I'm not the best. I've run interceptions which can be easy with frost. Don't kill the enemies. Just keep them busy. There's only so many that spawn. Thank you for the gesture.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a terrible nerf

its a five pack, not single nitain ur getting 15

1 minute ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

That's very kind of you. Believe me I would join you. The Amprex is my best friend lol. I use Loki, Ivara, Ash and my favorite Inaros. They can't kill what they don't see lol. I use frost but I'm not the best. I've run interceptions which can be easy with frost. Don't kill the enemies. Just keep them busy. There's only so many that spawn. Thank you for the gesture.

Oops, I mean easy with Loki. Capture all points and use your decoy till it's over. I know, boring right? But I can at least solo it. Just did the sanctuary with Loki. Lol. I have most frames. I'll Master them all in time

4 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

No need to thank me, idk about PS4, but the PC community is full of people that will help out a tenno in need. But trully, use those 10 Relics, and try to get Sarin Prime, i think Volt Prime would probably be best, because his 4 does damage and a hefty CC, which would be ideal for you. Try Ignis Prime and Atomos as well, those are beasts for clearing up groups.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Oops, I mean easy with Loki. Capture all points and use your decoy till it's over. I know, boring right? But I can at least solo it. Just did the sanctuary with Loki. Lol. I have most frames. I'll Master them all in time

Yeah, If you have Volt Prime, or can get it, PM me, i'll tell you my builds which you can play easy mode up to lvl ~80. No need to shoot, and everything still dies.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a terrible nerf

You get 15 nitain. 15 wolf credits buys you a pack of five nitain. 15 times 3 equals 45 wolf credits out of 50. 5 times 3 equals 15 nitain. You are on here complaining about the new system and yet you havent even seemed to have read it in game lol. 

Edited by BenaBean
9 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

No need to thank me, idk about PS4, but the PC community is full of people that will help out a tenno in need. But trully, use those 10 Relics, and try to get Sarin Prime, i think Volt Prime would probably be best, because his 4 does damage and a hefty CC, which would be ideal for you. Try Ignis Prime and Atomos as well, those are beasts for clearing up groups.

Yeah, If you have Volt Prime, or can get it, PM me, i'll tell you my builds which you can play easy mode up to lvl ~80. No need to shoot, and everything still dies.

Wow! Thank you. I'll try to get Volt Prime.

Nightwaves have two basic problems for me. I did hydrolysts, don't hate them but just don't like it enough to do it every day. Did sorties, don't like the concept of it to do it over and over again. Did PoE, but after i grinded all mastery and arcanes out of it, i didn't go there again once. Same for Fortuna. It's great content and i enjoyed it going through everything the first time. But i would not repeat it over and over again. Don't get me wrong, i really like Warframe and we all know it has such a variety of content that i'm surely not the only one who still finds enjoyable content to play for several hours a day. But the nightwaves - especially the "elite challenges" are way too specific. They can't be done "on the side". Nobody ever did a teralyst "on the side" or "on accident". Killing 100 enemies with heat damage - now that can be done on the side. I can do the content i enjoy while doing that. Pick up mods, kill enemies while sliding, all fine and dandy. Doing a 60 minutes survival? Did that before but hell no, not again! I play maybe 2 hours a day, doing that challenge means 1 hour less of the content i enjoy.

The second problem i see is missing variety. It is one of he basic concepts of warframe. Where else can you build a space ninja robot, fight hordes of monsters and then go home, breed some cats and then go fishing? For any mission you can choose between over 60 warframes and hundreds of different playstyles to reach your goal. With nightwaves it now means: Do this content that you may like or not just to gain some standing. There are no alternatives. Lets look at cetus standing. You can grind standing by doing bounties. Not your thing? Maybe fishing? How about mining then? Choose your way to get there. The nightwave challenges don't offer those alternatives. Can't do or don't want to do the elite missions? Well, you're wasting standing that you can never catch up on before the series ends.

A way to fix that would be to add a bunch of challenges that enables more players to do them - and also apply to a wider taste of players. I'm aware that doubling the amount of challenges would double the speed some try-hards will grind it out with. And even though i don't like daily caps as much as everyone else, they might help with that. Or simply limit the amount of challenges that can be done in a week, like: "Hey, here are 30 challenges, do any 15 out of them and you get your max standing. Or do these 5 hard challenges and get the same". Both ways should give the same amount of standing to balance it out. A system that replaces alerts should not favor veterans with "elite" stuff. For my understanding sorties and arbitrations have covered that already.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tonkatunk said:

CUIic.png

imagen how many alerts we all could have done in this one hour IN THE OLD ALERT SYSTEM and what we could have got (hell i could have done my full sorties + some alerts back then in this said hour!). im sure it was sure more then as a "half rank for some suburb girl on da radio"...

but to be real.

60 min for ONE alert.

60 min, ONE hour

ONE

FREAKING

HOUR

FOR

JUST

---ONE---

---ALERT---

Do i even have to say why this is bs? Not even that, they are 2 of them right now!

ONE wants you to play this torture with a friend 60 mins ANY survival, THE OTHER ONE wants you to do that W-I-T-H-O-U-T using a lifesupport on the Kuva survival! ON THE FREAKIN KUVA SURVIVAL! ONE. FUQIN. HOUR.  Sometimes you just have to use a lifesupport there if your team has no Necro, as one sample.

And there we are again, thinking about NEW players how they should be able to do those...im srs here that DE has NOT thought about the system NOR missions about the WHOLE playerbase but just players who either PAY money or are already highend game...in short: it su-cks. as more i look at the missions as more i can only BEG about that the old system comes back SOMEWHAT at least...

Edited by Leon-Darkheart
  • Like 4

I don't mind the friends challenges at worst it makes a thing in the LFG chat. But having a challenge that's 60 mins long and can be screwed up by a single person activating a thing largely prevents it's potential to be done on public missions. Not to mention not having the solo extraction method in place yet. 

In the past I've accidentally activate life support on kuva survival when attempting to pick up a kuva thing to convert it. From what I understand this has never been patched you just have to be extremely careful. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1