Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

vor 26 Minuten schrieb CyborgKombat:

Damn casuals complaining, lmao.

DE has introduced a new system and they have asked for feedback. Understandable, as it is the players who their service and their economical success depends on.

So far the feedback in this thread shows, that Nightwave as of now has a lot of flaws, which will be viewed by DE as valuable feedback.

You may disagree with that and that is fine, since we are exchanging opinions here.

But "Damn casuals complaining" is not an opinion. It is an affront, trying to degrade players with an opinion you don't like and thereby degrade their reasoning.

It may be the "casuals" (however you define that term) which keep the game alive with their payments. And most things that I have read were not mindless complaining but well-reasoned contributions, a standard your post does not live up to.

you can sugar coat it all you want, the fact is those are daily/weekly challenges meant to be done by the progressed players for some extra rewards on the side.

those are not alerts, those should not have replaced the alerts.

both should exist, coz each serves a certain function.

plus, they are not so new player friendly.

let's see how many will be really putting effort on the nightwaves system as it currently is in 1-2 months time from now, especially out of those who are satisfied by it right now.

most probably, a big portion will be so burned out by it to a point they won't even be checking the new week's challenges, due to many reason.

i've done all of those in the past, that's how i reached to mr26 and almost everything owned in game, all focus schools maxed with overflow by a lot of millions to each, lots of rivens rerolled, all syndicates maxed and extracted what i wanted out of them, moas, amps, kitguns and the list goes on and on.

i do not wish to do them all over again just so i can reach to a certain reward.

i want new content, not content which forces me to go back to the things i've done already many times over and got all burned out by doing them, btw

and i know this is how all players are thinking, even those who upvote the new alert system, but let's see for how long it will last, for how long they will keep doing it.

coz this system, apparently, replaced the alerts and it is here to stay, it is not something seasonal or for a month and it is gone.

have fun with that, have fun getting burned out by doing the same things you have already done a gazillion times over.

this was the progressed player's aspect.

the new player's aspect is that around half of those alerts cannot even be done or they are a nightmare to be done, which btw do not even seem as alerts to me at all, but anyway,

DE, think this through, bring back the old alerts alongside with the nightwave challenging system and have them both up and running.

and adjust both of them a bit so they will be enjoyable for all kinds of players, old, new, casuals, hardcore and so forth.

We love you and all, i always supported you, but when i see something not being good, efficient, effective and convenient, i will not sugar coat it, i will say my piece.

thank you.

5 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a 'free to play' game (aka a 'pay to win' game)

that's how it works, they have to give players a reason to make purchases or they go out of business.

If you don't like that, go play a game with a normal 1-time purchase model.

first of all dont just take 1 or 2 words of my full text and complain about something which has nothing todo here. we are talking about a way to broken "new alert system" and how DE was not thinking about that and that only high endgame players OR players who pay for it ENJOYS is maybe or are actually "ABLE" to enjoy it.

SECOND,

7otXpCq.png

You know what I also miss, not being told what todo and how to spend my play time, I enjoyed being able to progress how I chose and do the missions I felt like doing on my terms. Yeah I can ignore Nightwave I guess but then I miss out on progressing through the MR's as they are now entwined.

I spent money not because I had to or needed anything I bought them because I was enjoying the game and after the quests I wanted to support more. Even with some of the cruel methods you use to get us to spend.

I wouldn't be surprised if NE is a plat item on the market very soon instead of just giving us back Alerts.

https://imgur.com/a/wM189m1

Also got one or two outside of Steam.

6 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a 'free to play' game (aka a 'pay to win' game)

that's how it works, they have to give players a reason to make purchases or they go out of business.

If you don't like that, go play a game with a normal 1-time purchase model.

first of all, this game is not pay to win.

if you are gonna be that guy, at least get your facts straight.

secondly, this game is pay to progress faster, or pay to skip the waiting.

there are players, including myself, who have purchased stuff from DE, to support DE in any way possible and maybe skip some parts of all the grind the game has due to real life things, jobs and etc, since we cannot be playing the game 24/7 like a jobless person would do.

and finally, like it or not like it does not mean the other players should leave coz you said so.

maybe you should get some distance from the game, coz if you think it is pay to win, you are clearly playing a different game.

Host migration in the very last minute stole all group members rewards on the last sortie mission so we had to do it again - and Nora did not register.

Elite sanctuary onslaught crashed Windows 3 times when we got to Uranus - Nora did not register waves completed or Eximus kills once again.

And DE wants us to do one hour survival missions with friends - even if we try it - host migration will happen long before the timer have reached 60 minutes and Nora will not register anything.

Who came up with these freaking missions.

7 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I’m straight up not doing these 60 min challenges. I find these complete 8 bounties or 9 invasions already extremely tedious albeit a bit reasonable, now we have to sit through an hour of the same missions? No, this is becoming exhausting. I can’t sit playing video games for an hour straight because I have irl things to do. These challenges shoudn’t exist. Also, I’m a solo player and I really dislike that they’re starting to force co-op down my throat. This is seriously pushing me away. 

all im hearing is u cant be assed to do 8 of a mission type in 7 days

why do u want to be rewarded if u dont even play the game? you have no use for something if ur not even playing 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

why do u want to be rewarded if u dont even play the game? you have no use for something if ur not even playing 

i guess this guy and alot others are also thinking how it worked in the old alert system~

No, srsly here, think about: Now you do 8-9 missions of one type of mission to get maybe half a rank up, in the old system, you could have made 8-9 alerts and get rewarded - for each...

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

and all i am hearing is people being forced to do things they do not wanna do or have done already many times over and got all burned out already, simply to get a reward.

also, let's see how much you will be running the nightwaves in a while.

let's see how much it will take you to be all burned out.

let's see how rewarded you are gonna feel a while from now.

3 minutes ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

i guess this guy and alot others are also thinking how it worked in the old alert system~

No, srsly here, think about: Now you do 8-9 missions of one type of mission to get maybe half a rank up, in the old system, you could have made 8-9 alerts and get rewarded - for each...

u can do 1 mission a week, and get 2 ranks....

a single 20 min mission last week got u 5 challenges completed

most players complaining are probably the same mastery 6 and 7s that dont rank up, get carried thru missions by people thta modded thier gear, will die in said alerts vs level 30s and when ask y, will sya they didnt mod thier gear because they cant be bothered to do it... hell there r mastery rank 20s that get carried thru hydron and still dont know what mods are and would get carried thru alerts

de is getting rid of the afk grind, and making people play the game, and all im hearing is "but i dont want to play the game to get the rewards that the mission types have that they r pushing me into"

i understand where ur coming from but over 90% of the alerts where never d0ne by active players

they added stuff they would normally charge u over 100 platinum for and gave u a way to work twords it and u dont want to, well im sorry, u wont get it 

Just now, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

de is getting rid of the afk grind, and making people play the game,

Yeah, last week I ran those 9 Invasions, so guess what, AFK players were in 5 out of 9 of them. Must've been a miracle.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

they added stuff they would normally charge u over 100 platinum for

I love this "But you get a lot of stuff for your grind!" argument.
Yep. Loads of stuff I don't want in order to get stuff I actually need. See my point?

Also, by your logic, if I can't complete some challenges, I don't deserve it.
Fine. I'll probably never need that syandana or armor. What about all the things gated behind Wolf creds since the update? I deserved them a week ago, why not anymore?

5 minutes ago, Athizea said:

Yeah, last week I ran those 9 Invasions, so guess what, AFK players were in 5 out of 9 of them. Must've been a miracle.

I love this "But you get a lot of stuff for your grind!" argument.
Yep. Loads of stuff I don't want in order to get stuff I actually need. See my point?

Also, by your logic, if I can't complete some challenges, I don't deserve it.
Fine. I'll probably never need that syandana or armor. What about all the things gated behind Wolf creds since the update? I deserved them a week ago, why not anymore?

and why cant u complete some easy to do level 10-15 missions? because that is what this boils down 2...

as for the elite missions? u dont have to do them to get to maxed rank, u only need 30k a week and u get 45k a week for a total of 300k (rank 30) and they will also be increasing the spawn rate of the saturn six fugitives as the night wave goes on, and they drip standing, u cna get over 500 standing from a defense or survival if u wanted to, and thats while ur opening relics!

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u can do 1 mission a week, and get 2 ranks....

a single 20 min mission last week got u 5 challenges completed

most players complaining are probably the same mastery 6 and 7s that dont rank up, get carried thru missions by people thta modded thier gear, will die in said alerts vs level 30s and when ask y, will sya they didnt mod thier gear because they cant be bothered to do it... hell there r mastery rank 20s that get carried thru hydron and still dont know what mods are and would get carried thru alerts

de is getting rid of the afk grind, and making people play the game, and all im hearing is "but i dont want to play the game to get the rewards that the mission types have that they r pushing me into"

i understand where ur coming from but over 90% of the alerts where never d0ne by active players

they added stuff they would normally charge u over 100 platinum for and gave u a way to work twords it and u dont want to, well im sorry, u wont get it 

you could have done one alert in 20 mins and get your reward right after it.

And i can understand them, im maybe mk24 and i can say and be a egoistical veteran "what do iiiii careeeeeeeeee about the neewwwww playaaaaaassss~" (i think you see where i am going~) but shouldnt be a "simple alert" system FOR everyone no mather which rang or how "new" he/she is~?

Again, we are talking about "Old Vs New" and so far, yes, i could be "this guy" and say "what do i care" but i already said that in another post a wile back:

"the problem will be mostly for the new players since they are not even able to do 25-33% of this missions. as i said already a post earlier

"- a rang 0 player, you cant go and do Sorties.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to make Arbitrations.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to kill a Hydrolist since hes not even able to play in operator form.

- a rang 0 player also cant go and scan stuff for cephalon simaris."

and if you have to add the "random factor" on it called "REAL LIFE" than maybe a new player is just able to do 40-50% of this missions IF the new player really enjoys this system anyways and really "wants" this stuff.

Im not a expert for that but DE pretty much faqed this system up and doesnt keep the playerbase as "WHOLE" in mind. Old players give up on that coz its not really worth the stress to play the game now nearly "nonstop" to grind for something which they might never get and new players give up on that since they are not even ABLE to do this missions anyways."

So yes, again, if youre "that guy" and think its fine, make the pratical test and begin warframe anew and see how much you will be able to "enjoy" it. Im dead srs here.

I can sure see your reasons and what DE was "tring" but again, its not a new alert system, as already a lot others said, this is pretty much more like a challenge system which should be exist maybe next to the old system "somewhat". Sure, "taxies" and "roaming new players around" exists and still WILL be but then all you can complain to are actually the players who offers and do this sheat. If i have a new player on hydron i sure think to myself "how the #*!% does a rank 2 even got here if you even have to do the story quest (i forgot the name sorry) XYZ with rang 8 at the lowest?". again, who do you blame? the one who IS there or the one who taxies them~?

But thats NOT/was NOT a misstake in the "alert" system, it was (and STILL is) a falture in the basegame. DE should have add a Min Rank for each planet so that people with rank 2 are not able to be on Sedna or like - they just shouldnt be there, i agree on that. but then again, blame the guys who taxies them, not a old alert system which was pretty much ok to this point.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u only need 30k a week

I need more Wolf creds. To get more than 300 in 10 weeks, I have to presige it back to lvl 1.

And 300 Creds is a ridiculous amount, considering I have to buy a lot of things with it, including that Nitain, an inconceivable amount of which is required to build Prime frames, weapons and whatever.

9 DLC packs bought and installed, every other month I buy plat or workshop skins etc, this month ? ...nah matey, i'm no longer giving you cash to promote this NIGHTMARE Nightwave 'play the way we say, or go without' scenario, find another mug to hand over real cash.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

And before Nightshi...ft, players can get it without grinding for wolf creds, by just playing game and  eventually stumble on needed alert.

So this new system is fine as addition to alerts, but not as total replacement.

14 minutes ago, SnowCat84 said:

And before Nightshi...ft, players can get it without grinding for wolf creds, by just playing game and  eventually stumble on needed alert.

So this new system is fine as addition to alerts, but not as total replacement.

Your last text there. get this guy some plat or a medal. dang, DE should really learn more from their costumers....

also

(sorry had to XD)

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

and why cant u complete some easy to do level 10-15 missions? because that is what this boils down 2...

as for the elite missions? u dont have to do them to get to maxed rank, u only need 30k a week and u get 45k a week for a total of 300k (rank 30) and they will also be increasing the spawn rate of the saturn six fugitives as the night wave goes on, and they drip standing, u cna get over 500 standing from a defense or survival if u wanted to, and thats while ur opening relics!

Yeah I only need 30k a week, every week, for 10 weeks straights but not just for this season, for every season...

Because Nightwaves are not single time events, they are a replacement for Alerts, they are a new permanent grind.

This season I should be able to complete, next one? No idea, the fact we now have a permanent timed event, where every week I have to do stuff I have already done a hundred times and more for new rewards AND my old rewards? it's gonna get old real fast, one day I'll see "Nightwave Season 5, the Octopus of Neptune" and I'll just roll my eyes and uninstall...

That's what I dislike the most about this new system, I have to be playing all the time and keep a rigid schedule, not just to get the new rewards but also my old rewards, that's just flat out wrong.

After taking a look at the second week of acts, I can say I like the idea of Nightwave. And I really, really hate some of these acts. Why? Because if I don't want/am unable to do some acts,  I can't choose to get the same amount of points from another act. I just miss those points, and it's a time limited series, so I will never be able to recover.

Some of the acts are great because they let us choose how to do them. Being forced to do a kuva survival for 60 minutes without using LS is way too specific. And also boring. I never do one hour runs, I simply don't enjoy playing one single mission for more than 20-30 minutes.

Why can't I switch it with another weekly act that I might actually enjoy playing? This feels like a job, having to do stuff you don't want to so you can get resources.

I don't know what other elite acts the future weeks will hold, so I might end up missing on a lot of points. Warframe is a game of grind, but until now, it never forced us to do specific missions in a constrained time window outside of events. And honestly, I always thought events were terrible, everyone who couldn't participate was forever cut out from the lore and gameplay. Most of the story of WF happened in past events that aren't repeatable... And now we get a system that is the new base for the game and will run forever. And it's always a time limited, once-in-your-lifetime event too. So all new players will always miss content. And if you don't play CONSTANTLY, every single week, even other players will miss content, since you can't recover by playing more the next week.

I used to look at games with battle passes and seasons and scoff, thinking "I play Warframe that has none of that garbage".

I want Nightwave to stay: I like the idea of overall game tasks that give you rewards. But some of its mechanics are bad, because it conflates old alert rewards with a seasonal time limited event that is supposed to be a basic game system, with specific tasks that you can't choose, and you can't even recover points if you play later. Way too much bad mixed with the good.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

OK, I've absolutely done Kuva Survival for an hour before, but no life support? Good luck finding a public match where someone doesn't accidentally turn one on while attempting to reload. Hell, imagine doing this in the middle of a game yourself! You'll be scared for your life after all the death threats you'll get. Haha. Not only that, but I could easily picture someone doing it purposefully after the 55 minute mark just to be a troll!

Lol one hour is so ludicrous new players would just leave. Even if they were with veterans they would go down every minute or two and constantly have to be revived. Overwhelmed..... I wouldn't come back. That has literally happened when a low rank random joined a game I was in. 

Heck, I'm not even going to try this. Simply ludicrous.

7 minutes ago, HalidarSilvercloud said:

After taking a look at the second week of acts, I can say I like the idea of Nightwave. And I really, really hate some of these acts. Why? Because if I don't want/am unable to do some acts,  I can't choose to get the same amount of points from another act. I just miss those points, and it's a time limited series, so I will never be able to recover.

Some of the acts are great because they let us choose how to do them. Being forced to do a kuva survival for 60 minutes without using LS is way too specific. And also boring. I never do one hour runs, I simply don't enjoy playing one single mission for more than 20-30 minutes.

Why can't I switch it with another weekly act that I might actually enjoy playing? This feels like a job, having to do stuff you don't want to so you can get resources.

I don't know what other elite acts the future weeks will hold, so I might end up missing on a lot of points. Warframe is a game of grind, but until now, it never forced us to do specific missions in a constrained time window outside of events. And honestly, I always thought events were terrible, everyone who couldn't participate was forever cut out from the lore and gameplay. Most of the story of WF happened in past events that aren't repeatable... And now we get a system that is the new base for the game and will run forever. And it's always a time limited, once-in-your-lifetime event too. So all new players will always miss content. And if you don't play CONSTANTLY, every single week, even other players will miss content, since you can't recover by playing more the next week.

I used to look at games with battle passes and seasons and scoff, thinking "I play Warframe that has none of that garbage".

I want Nightwave to stay, but it needs to be tweaked. A lot.

IF they let us progress at our own pace only resetting and moving onto the next wave once we've completed our current it would be an amazing addition with plenty opportunity to entwine new quests within it, and it would complement the alerts so well giving us longer periods to get the items we want while still getting those faster rewards and necessities.

I know they want to make a profit instead of something fun, but if you give more people something to enjoy you might find you actually make a lot more in the long run and get a lot more players as good words keep spreading.

1 minute ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

IF they let us progress at our own pace only resetting and moving onto the next wave once we've completed our current it would be an amazing addition with plenty opportunity to entwine new quests within it, and it would complement the alerts so well giving us longer periods to get the items we want while still getting those faster rewards and necessities.

I know they want to make a profit instead of something fun, but if you give more people something to enjoy you might find you actually make a lot more in the long run and get a lot more players as good words keep spreading.

Best idea I've heard about Nightwave. I think Nightwave is very cool. Am I going to be able to do all of the tasks? 55 minutes on a survival. That's just ludicrous. Lower some of the tasks. Make it a permanent part of the game. But bring in a way for newbies, and a lot of us who don't have the time, to reap some rewards.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Lol one hour is so ludicrous new players would just leave. Even if they were with veterans they would go down every minute or two and constantly have to be revived. Overwhelmed..... I wouldn't come back. That has literally happened when a low rank random joined a game I was in. 

Heck, I'm not even going to try this. Simply ludicrous.

You need to have done the "War Within" to unlock Kuva survival anyway, so new players don't have access to the quest to begin with.

Just now, Drivrius said:

You need to have done the "War Within" to unlock Kuva survival anyway, so new players don't have access to the quest to begin with.

While this is true your still a newbie. If you think you can do it with those awesome low level weapons on high ranking enemies.... You're going to go down... A lot lol

Archived