Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

I just had a conversation with a friend that stopped playing warframe a few months ago and some interesting points came up. I told him about wisp and hildryn and PoE rework and he was tempted to come back to warframe. Also mentioned the nightwave system and his first question was: "So when i get back next week for the new frames, i have already missed the first 3 weeks and i can not catch up before it ends?" Well, yeah, that's how it is now. I'm not really expecting to see him in warframe anytime soon.

I'm MR19 ready for my MR20 test and I worked hard to get there. Just ranking up my Archwing first. I've seen a lot of math being thrown around. It's wrong, totally wrong. They forgot about the variables. In a perfect world I would say yes I can do it. If you're one of those that can. Sweet! I wish I could join your team because you would carry me a little. Lol

5 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

I just had a conversation with a friend that stopped playing warframe a few months ago and some interesting points came up. I told him about wisp and hildryn and PoE rework and he was tempted to come back to warframe. Also mentioned the nightwave system and his first question was: "So when i get back next week for the new frames, i have already missed the first 3 weeks and i can not catch up before it ends?" Well, yeah, that's how it is now. I'm not really expecting to see him in warframe anytime soon.

Gotta say, that's a really good point. Like I said before. I love Nightwave but there are aspects of it that are just ludicrous.

So im dont really wanted to wrote it but im just had to.

1. The new system as a permanent replacement for alert is bad.

Why? Not becouse you have to complete with a friend.. its bad becouse lock out new players who cant complete 66% of the challanges.

2. The nightwave as overall a good addition (but not as replacement). 

Why? No rng reward from the shop buy what you need it. And the tiers has some good and exclusive reward that the vet players wanted a long time ago. 

As I see a solution to replace alert and to keep up some exlusiviti for the players who grind hard for the items, is that you put the exclusive items to the end sigil,syadana,armor,etc and more wolf cred for the beginning. Do not remove the time limit, but make it that way its only for the exclusive items after that leave the old reward alone and let the players complete them as they want (even can put in more challange to let them complete fsster). When the new one come if you didnt finish you can do it simultaneusly. So wolf cred at the beginning for the new players. At middle the rewards like slot and catalysts, and at the end the time limited exclusive items for the hardcore players. 

2 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

first of all dont just take 1 or 2 words of my full text and complain about something which has nothing todo here. we are talking about a way to broken "new alert system" and how DE was not thinking about that and that only high endgame players OR players who pay for it ENJOYS is maybe or are actually "ABLE" to enjoy it.

SECOND,

7otXpCq.png

Amen brother, amen

3 hours ago, CyborgKombat said:

Damn casuals complaining, lmao. What I think is that there should be more daily challenges, really, more fun daily challenges. I enjoyed the ones with "kill X enemies with heat damage" etc. What about "deal X damage with X weapon type"?

Damn casuals? I play the game Every day. I'm just not as good as you. Don't project your skills on others. And don't say "get gud." That's just wrong. I happen to absolutely love Warframe and I think Nightwave is really cool. But this new "improvement" is simply ludicrous.

This is a game. And a darn good one too. But games are meant to be fun.

4 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

This is all for end game players now, I missed one challenge last week(I can't stand Simaris) Ill no doubt be missing the hour long challenges this week, probably miss even more the week after seriously slowing down the acquisition of NE when all I want from Nightwave is a little statue your really sucking the fun out of this fast DE, just bring back alerts.

Edit, and dont reset Nightwave rank until we reach the end of the current one letting us all go at our own pace so missing the odd challenge or taking a break is not a issue.

I too can't stand that "In your face" freak with a serious attitude. Lol it's a little funny though. He is a cool part of the game despite the fact that I'd like to smack him in the face lol.

3 hours ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Couldn't agree more. I feel that DE is pushing me where I don't want to go.

DE, as a solo player, I bet I've 'invested' more time and money into this game than most. Don't you want my money now?

Oh don't get me started on that one. I've bought Plat and prime access. That's the last penny I'll put in this game.

3 hours ago, MacDex said:

DE has introduced a new system and they have asked for feedback. Understandable, as it is the players who their service and their economical success depends on.

So far the feedback in this thread shows, that Nightwave as of now has a lot of flaws, which will be viewed by DE as valuable feedback.

You may disagree with that and that is fine, since we are exchanging opinions here.

But "Damn casuals complaining" is not an opinion. It is an affront, trying to degrade players with an opinion you don't like and thereby degrade their reasoning.

It may be the "casuals" (however you define that term) which keep the game alive with their payments. And most things that I have read were not mindless complaining but well-reasoned contributions, a standard your post does not live up to.

Yep and I think DE would disagree with him. Casuals make up the vast majority of gamers. After all we don't live in our mom's basement.

2 hours ago, No1Eye said:

you can sugar coat it all you want, the fact is those are daily/weekly challenges meant to be done by the progressed players for some extra rewards on the side.

those are not alerts, those should not have replaced the alerts.

both should exist, coz each serves a certain function.

plus, they are not so new player friendly.

let's see how many will be really putting effort on the nightwaves system as it currently is in 1-2 months time from now, especially out of those who are satisfied by it right now.

most probably, a big portion will be so burned out by it to a point they won't even be checking the new week's challenges, due to many reason.

i've done all of those in the past, that's how i reached to mr26 and almost everything owned in game, all focus schools maxed with overflow by a lot of millions to each, lots of rivens rerolled, all syndicates maxed and extracted what i wanted out of them, moas, amps, kitguns and the list goes on and on.

i do not wish to do them all over again just so i can reach to a certain reward.

i want new content, not content which forces me to go back to the things i've done already many times over and got all burned out by doing them, btw

and i know this is how all players are thinking, even those who upvote the new alert system, but let's see for how long it will last, for how long they will keep doing it.

coz this system, apparently, replaced the alerts and it is here to stay, it is not something seasonal or for a month and it is gone.

have fun with that, have fun getting burned out by doing the same things you have already done a gazillion times over.

this was the progressed player's aspect.

the new player's aspect is that around half of those alerts cannot even be done or they are a nightmare to be done, which btw do not even seem as alerts to me at all, but anyway,

DE, think this through, bring back the old alerts alongside with the nightwave challenging system and have them both up and running.

and adjust both of them a bit so they will be enjoyable for all kinds of players, old, new, casuals, hardcore and so forth.

We love you and all, i always supported you, but when i see something not being good, efficient, effective and convenient, i will not sugar coat it, i will say my piece.

thank you.

I couldn't scream that out loud enough. 

1 hour ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

a rang 0 player is sure not able to kill a Hydrolist since hes not even able to play in operator form

Actually, heh, once I was jumping in my orbiter, you know, it was funny - enjoying the graphic and the feel of Warframe. But suddenly something happened after one of these jumps - I've stuck in a ceiling, my screen glitched, and my Mag turned to the operator! I was shooked! I invited friend of mine to my orbiter and was asking him if he's seeing what I do, like "eeew what is this bold ugly weirdo do u see it???". He was surprised and said that actually you can open the possiblity to become this only after quest. There is a closed room behind the closed door, which was obviously closed and I couldn't enter there, because the quest wasnt done yet.

2 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

You know what I also miss, not being told what todo and how to spend my play time, I enjoyed being able to progress how I chose and do the missions I felt like doing on my terms. Yeah I can ignore Nightwave I guess but then I miss out on progressing through the MR's as they are now entwined.

I spent money not because I had to or needed anything I bought them because I was enjoying the game and after the quests I wanted to support more. Even with some of the cruel methods you use to get us to spend.

I wouldn't be surprised if NE is a plat item on the market very soon instead of just giving us back Alerts.

https://imgur.com/a/wM189m1

Also got one or two outside of Steam.

But Nightwave offers Reactors and Catalysts. Lol, I'll never be able to get one of those. Some of the challenges are too hard and simply ludicrous. Which means I'll never be able to get to rank 30

2 hours ago, No1Eye said:

first of all, this game is not pay to win.

if you are gonna be that guy, at least get your facts straight.

secondly, this game is pay to progress faster, or pay to skip the waiting.

there are players, including myself, who have purchased stuff from DE, to support DE in any way possible and maybe skip some parts of all the grind the game has due to real life things, jobs and etc, since we cannot be playing the game 24/7 like a jobless person would do.

and finally, like it or not like it does not mean the other players should leave coz you said so.

maybe you should get some distance from the game, coz if you think it is pay to win, you are clearly playing a different game.

In a way it is pay to play. I understand his meaning. Simply put: if I can't get what I want by playing the game I will have to buy it. i.e. pay to play. I really don't think he's trying to drive other players away.

Look, I've put a lot of money into this game simply because I wanted to support them. But now if you're not as skilled as some of the veterans you will "HAVE" to buy it.

A business absolutely cannot run without income. So, how can they bring in more? Well, this is one way .... 

Pay to play

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

all im hearing is u cant be assed to do 8 of a mission type in 7 days

why do u want to be rewarded if u dont even play the game? you have no use for something if ur not even playing 

Ouch! You only heard what you wanted to hear. Like me he is a solo player for various reasons. Yes it's a multiplayer game but that's not mandatory. And there's quite a bit of us "Solo" players that love this game. AND we support this game and have dumped money into this game. Did I say we love this game? Oh yeah, Warframe is awesome and it's the only game I've been playing. Do I have Spiderman? Yep. Do I have Red Dead Redemption? Yep. But Warframe calls to me.

Loving the new elite weekly challenges DE, great stuff, please keep them coming! Finally some challenges that actually require more effort from our part! Hydrolist and Kuva survival have been my favorites so far, please don't nerf these challenges! Maybe make wolf creds more readily available for newer players, but keep the more intense challenges, they are supposed to be "elite" after all. 

OK, quick question: how many people actually do two sets of syndicate missions a day let alone one to begin with? I imagine it's best to work off of one syndicate and get reputation with their ally, right? That's certainly what I've been doing all this time, as I don't want to be totally despised by four other factions. So, this "complete 10 syndicate missions" seems ridiculous to me. If I get three per day, that's a four day commitment for 3,000 rep. Hilarious.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u can do 1 mission a week, and get 2 ranks....

a single 20 min mission last week got u 5 challenges completed

most players complaining are probably the same mastery 6 and 7s that dont rank up, get carried thru missions by people thta modded thier gear, will die in said alerts vs level 30s and when ask y, will sya they didnt mod thier gear because they cant be bothered to do it... hell there r mastery rank 20s that get carried thru hydron and still dont know what mods are and would get carried thru alerts

de is getting rid of the afk grind, and making people play the game, and all im hearing is "but i dont want to play the game to get the rewards that the mission types have that they r pushing me into"

i understand where ur coming from but over 90% of the alerts where never d0ne by active players

they added stuff they would normally charge u over 100 platinum for and gave u a way to work twords it and u dont want to, well im sorry, u wont get it 

Spider, you're projecting.

Yes, I can't stand the AFK players. One thing some people forget though. A lot of players that appear AFK are those that have a connection problem. It may be a slower connection but it can also be a DE server problem. "Server Not Responding." You see that quite a bit on YouTube players with very high speeds.

Once, I joined a game that just started. I got the "Server Not Responding" message and when I finally loaded in the mission was over. I'm sure they thought I was AFK.

I love that they are including potatoes and slots in Nightwave. But some of the tasks are simply ludicrous. It's not that we want something for nothing.

A lot of us have supported DE. Bought Plat. Bought prime access. Grinded like heck to level up and get the goodies. I love Warframe. I live Warframe. Nightwave is very cool. But a lot of us, especially me, may not be as good as you.

As a noob on PC (MR7 - star chart unlocked up to Neptune), I could have reasonably expected to get 5 or 6 Nitain each week, with a couple of helmets, some Endo, mods, etc.  Last week, I got ZERO items because I simply did not have enough points to reach rank 3 (was short 2 sculptures and people were charging 30+ each).  At this rate, I will probably only have enough Wolf Credits to buy maybe a couple of packs of Nitain and maybe an aura mod by the end of the season.  This system seems to be a huge disadvantage to new players.  I know people will say I am wrong or "git gud"; however, this is just my perspective.

As a veteran on PS4 (MR24, playing since launch), I do not need Wolf Credits, I have all cosmetics, stacks of Nitain I will never use, and plenty of the aura mods to sell to newbies for twice as much as it was worth before.  I can steamroll through all of the challenges in a couple of hours, so the challenges are not really a "challenge."

So, who wins?  Is this how DE, and their Overlords at Leyou, plans to retain new players?  The new system needs an overhaul and there are plenty of really great suggestions in this thread.  Plus, can we PLEASE get an option to turn off Nora's picture and voice?  It is SO annoying after the 100th time of it popping up.

I get that they want to monetize the game more, but this is not the right way.

People asking to buy unfilled Ayatans in trade last week was probably one of the most depressing things I've seen in this game in a long time. The fact players are dropping platinum to get through Nightwave is ludicrous. And sure, they probably didn't *have* to, but the fact they felt the need to at all? I think I know what reptile tickle Nora keeps referring to and it ain't pretty.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb HalidarSilvercloud:

After taking a look at the second week of acts, I can say I like the idea of Nightwave. And I really, really hate some of these acts. Why? Because if I don't want/am unable to do some acts,  I can't choose to get the same amount of points from another act. I just miss those points, and it's a time limited series, so I will never be able to recover.

Absolutely this. I like the idea of Nightwave but the types or acts, the conditions are a problem. Give us more stuff to do each week, require less rep per rank or give more rep per mission or something. I *want* to do Nightwave stuff but I don't wanna do *all* of the Nightwave stuff. I wanna have the option to skip some stuff and do other stuff instead and still be able to reach max rank before the season is over. I don't want it just handed to me for no effort, but I want to have more choices in how achieve that goal. There's just a massive difference in difficulty and/or effort between missions which give equal rewards.

Last week, 8 bounties in PoE, even if you do the shortes bounty, takes a lot longer than doing the 3 capture missions, for the same reward. I'm max rank with Cetus, I don't need anything from Cetus, I don't WANT to waste my time doing 8 bounties. 9 invasions also kinda sucked because I don't need anything of those rewards, but you have the choice of doing 9 capture or assassination missions, which can be done reasonably fast.

Now, 60 hour survival only to be possibly screwed at minute 50 by someone activatin the life support module or the friend part not counting or a host migration failing? Just the mindnumbing boredom of doing a 60 minute survival.... Come on... Doing 3 x 20 survival in a week? Yeah, I'll gladly do that. 

3 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

you could have done one alert in 20 mins and get your reward right after it.

And i can understand them, im maybe mk24 and i can say and be a egoistical veteran "what do iiiii careeeeeeeeee about the neewwwww playaaaaaassss~" (i think you see where i am going~) but shouldnt be a "simple alert" system FOR everyone no mather which rang or how "new" he/she is~?

Again, we are talking about "Old Vs New" and so far, yes, i could be "this guy" and say "what do i care" but i already said that in another post a wile back:

"the problem will be mostly for the new players since they are not even able to do 25-33% of this missions. as i said already a post earlier

"- a rang 0 player, you cant go and do Sorties.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to make Arbitrations.

- a rang 0 player is sure not able to kill a Hydrolist since hes not even able to play in operator form.

- a rang 0 player also cant go and scan stuff for cephalon simaris."

and if you have to add the "random factor" on it called "REAL LIFE" than maybe a new player is just able to do 40-50% of this missions IF the new player really enjoys this system anyways and really "wants" this stuff.

Im not a expert for that but DE pretty much faqed this system up and doesnt keep the playerbase as "WHOLE" in mind. Old players give up on that coz its not really worth the stress to play the game now nearly "nonstop" to grind for something which they might never get and new players give up on that since they are not even ABLE to do this missions anyways."

So yes, again, if youre "that guy" and think its fine, make the pratical test and begin warframe anew and see how much you will be able to "enjoy" it. Im dead srs here.

I can sure see your reasons and what DE was "tring" but again, its not a new alert system, as already a lot others said, this is pretty much more like a challenge system which should be exist maybe next to the old system "somewhat". Sure, "taxies" and "roaming new players around" exists and still WILL be but then all you can complain to are actually the players who offers and do this sheat. If i have a new player on hydron i sure think to myself "how the #*!% does a rank 2 even got here if you even have to do the story quest (i forgot the name sorry) XYZ with rang 8 at the lowest?". again, who do you blame? the one who IS there or the one who taxies them~?

But thats NOT/was NOT a misstake in the "alert" system, it was (and STILL is) a falture in the basegame. DE should have add a Min Rank for each planet so that people with rank 2 are not able to be on Sedna or like - they just shouldnt be there, i agree on that. but then again, blame the guys who taxies them, not a old alert system which was pretty much ok to this point.

A lot of times those that get "taxied" in are seriously overwhelmed. I don't have a problem with players getting taxied and if they're playing with friends that will happen. But you're right, a rank 2 shouldn't even try a Sedna node. But they can and they will and it's really none of our business how they want to play the game.  They're still going to have to open the relays and nodes.. I'm MR19 and still don't have all the nodes open. Mainly Archwing, which I am working on.

I welcome Nightwave. It's pretty cool and it should be a permanent part of the game. But some Acts in it are simply ludicrous. Do you need to do them? Nah. I've run into the fugitives on nearly every mission I ran yesterday and I completed 8 or 9 acts. I'm just not able to do the others.

I love the fact you can get slots and potatoes. I do think however that it's seriously unbalanced. And some Acts are simply ludicrous.

9 hours ago, Athizea said:

This, and with a small amount of Wolf creds a player can earn (especially when they can't do some challenges and won't be able to prestige these levels), they have to choose between some more Nitain and an aura or a weapon blueprint, for example. Whereas with the old system they could have it all.

Yeah, pretty much. I think that Nightwave is a system with promise, but not currently working as a replacement for alerts particularly at the new player level.

11 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I’m straight up not doing these 60 min challenges. I find these complete 8 bounties or 9 invasions already extremely tedious albeit a bit reasonable, now we have to sit through an hour of the same missions? No, this is becoming exhausting. I can’t sit playing video games for an hour straight because I have irl things to do. These challenges shoudn’t exist. Also, I’m a solo player and I really dislike that they’re starting to force co-op down my throat. This is seriously pushing me away. 

I'm also a solo player for MANY reasons (read my other posts). And I'm not even remotely going to be able to do some of these Acts. Some are just ludicrous.

Archived