Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

46 minutes ago, non_entity said:

I like the idea of Nightwave but the types or acts, the conditions are a problem.

[snip]

I'm max rank with Cetus, I don't need anything from Cetus, I don't WANT to waste my time doing 8 bounties. 9 invasions also kinda sucked because I don't need anything of those rewards, but you have the choice of doing 9 capture or assassination missions, which can be done reasonably fast.

Could not agree more. There need to be alternatives. Veterans could be able to get their standing quickly with some "elite" challenges, but there should be like 10++ "normal" challenges that are on the level of the current dailys/weeklys so that if a player can't do or doesn't want to do "elite" he can grind the same standing that way. As it is right now, if you're not doing all elites every week, you'll never reach enough standing/wolf creds.

Clarification: I think the 65% of the challenges that you need to do to reach rank 30 should be reachable without doing elites.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

I love the fact you can get slots and potatoes. I do think however that it's seriously unbalanced. And some Acts are simply ludicrous.

Very true.

13 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Well, I bought Volt. 140p on PS4. Lowest I could find. It'll be a few days for the build is done of course.

I'm a solo player mainly because I can't find a good group. 

I've played with others that had children screaming in the background, a movie or News playing loudly, friends over and it sounded like a party, some fighting with their wife or kids, one had the hiccups (poor guy), some players were just talking nonsense (conspiracy theories and stuff) nothing about the game, and the worst ones were those eating chips. That was seriously annoying. I've played with some that would DOMINATE the game, some that ran off somewhere, had my fill of AFK players and a few that loved to turn on the lasers on the defense mission in the Void. Some that would get impatient with me, cause I like to hit doorframes. And the worst of it is when they would blast from point A to point B without a thought. I've been on fissure missions that all I needed was one or two before it would time out. Sometimes I could see the final one. Makes me want to scream. They could have stepped away from the exit for a minute.

Most of the time on an infested map I am stressed out trying to keep up and just not having fun at all. I get seriously lost lol. Even with the marker it's not clear.

Maybe it's just a streak of bad luck??

It would be nice to find a good team.

But trial and error sucks. Big time.

Again, consoles probably have a different vibe... For example on PC most people don't use Voice Chat that much, and most that do, actually have push to talk (like me). I play with friends on discord at least half my pay time, so i tend to not use the ingame one most of the time.

Also, on PC you can just disable the whole thing, which helps.

Dude, i've got some serious hours on Warframe, and still get lost on those Corpus Derelicts... They're pretty cool maps, but hell of hard to navigate, so don't worry. Also Waypoints have been really hit or miss buggy of late. Steve mentioned a big fix is coming, and a later one that should fix it once and for all. So hopefully that'll help.

About the doorframes... Boy are you gonna love Volt... I tend to hang on top of a doorframe at least once in every map when running with volt's speed buff ^_^

I would seriously consider trying the PC version of the game if you can. Because, sure sometimes you get a team mate that doesn't compute, but most of the time we get the job done. Sure it might be because at this point i'll be carrying my team along half the time, because i've got enough experience in the game to just rush everything.

Only missions i tend to solo, because team mates will be hit or miss, are the syndicate ones. Most of the time you'll be ok, but people will ignore the medallions often enough for it to become a problem, and since medallions are the highest source of standing in a mission, i prefer to go solo and take my time finding all 8.

Only exception will be stuff like defense and interception which play in a small finite map, and half of them don't have medallions anyway, so you don't risk losing medallions because your team ignores them.

10 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a 'free to play' game (aka a 'pay to win' game)

that's how it works, they have to give players a reason to make purchases or they go out of business.

If you don't like that, go play a game with a normal 1-time purchase model.

F2P =/= P2W

Warframe is hardly pay to win, and Nightwaves don't make it more so either. If anything, given that they offer stuff that has been exclusive to platinum purchases, it actually pushes it further from that.

That notwithstanding they still need to get money, the game doesn't get made out of thin air, and people need to eat and seek comfort. So, until now, they've given you a choice: spend time in game, and earn the stuff or the items to trade for plat to get stuff, or use the money you gained from spending time elsewhere to bypass spending time in the game.

Nightwaves actually remove that for most of it's rewards, now you either spend time or miss out. There's no alternatives. So the business model has no bearing on this aspect of the game, there's no "pay to unlock everything" alternative, at least not yet. And trust me, the day they do, is the day when they lose all those players that have been (rightly) defending them as not being Pay to Win.

10 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

pretty sure Nightwave is introduced to find our pain point. expect next week to be even more ridiculous when enough people do one hour kuva this week

Nah. They're not adding challenges manually every week, if you look at the dev streams you'll see that they already have a pretty extensive list of challenges from which the system draws the weekly and daily ones, probably via a RNG engine as well. It's also why Steve said they won't be changing stuff like the Ayatans, which they've agreed was too much, before the next series. Because they don't want to change the current pool yet.

You're right though, that this is meant to find our pain points, but more like they've already put in these more outrageous ones and are seeing how we react. Which is ok, i mean this is the "beta" phase for the feature. My only problem is that i don't know if we can put up with 10 weeks of this.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Why you even downloaded WF? Almost every review about WF clearly stated: MMO RPG CO-OP 

Ouch! Co-op is not a requirement. I'm a solo player as well. I'm MR19 going to take the MR20 test. I can solo interceptions and hold all 4 points. I absolutely love Warframe and Nightwave is very cool but some of the Acts are simply ludicrous even Co-op. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Why you even downloaded WF? Almost every review about WF clearly stated: MMO RPG CO-OP 

I play mainly solo. Sometimes I play with others. It's good fun.

When the mission would require me to play co-op my problem with those mission would be smaller.

But they require me to play with a friend or a clan mate.

Just playing them co-op is not enough.

So I have to find some random stranger. Befriend them. Play the mission. That is tedious and unnecessary.

Why not just let me play those mission co-op? 

It has no benefit I can see and is a hassle for people without friends and clanmates.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Ouch! Co-op is not a requirement. I'm a solo player as well. I'm MR19 going to take the MR20 test. I can solo interceptions and hold all 4 points. I absolutely love Warframe and Nightwave is very cool but some of the Acts are simply ludicrous even Co-op. 

Solo is NoNo in games like WF.

1. Doesn’t fit to F2P MMO businesses model

2. Solo players are also willing to pay, the content must be balanced (softened) for them too

Solo players with 0 money spent is worst scenario.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

In a way it is pay to play. I understand his meaning. Simply put: if I can't get what I want by playing the game I will have to buy it. i.e. pay to play. I really don't think he's trying to drive other players away.

Look, I've put a lot of money into this game simply because I wanted to support them. But now if you're not as skilled as some of the veterans you will "HAVE" to buy it.

A business absolutely cannot run without income. So, how can they bring in more? Well, this is one way .... 

Pay to play

it is not even pay to play buddy.

if it was pay to play, we would have to buy the nightwave series, for instance, and some other big updates they add in game every now and then.

like the expansions in other games, for example.

you can get it all by playing the game for free.

if you so wish and choose to pay to buy something, that's is on you. but you can get it all for free by playing the game.

sure, it takes a lot of time, since the rng and all that hates us 99% of the time, and there is a lot of things to do in game, but still everything is free.

i, too, purchased quite a lot of things to support the game and help me a bit, since work and real life things tend not to let me play 24/7.

so, best way to describe this game is pay to progress faster or pay to skip.

that's the best way i'd say it.

anyway, to the matter at hand, nightwaves are a nice addition, but as a daily/weekly challenging system and not as an alert system.

they have a promising future in game, but they need to adjust the missions in there to be more friendly and enjoyable to all kinds of players, old, new, casuals, hardcores and so forth. and also, tweak a bit the rewards accordingly.

also, alerts should be returned in the game asap and be tweaked a bit to a point they will be more frequently poped up and stay longer when they pop up, so not to be missed so easily, for those who want to get a reward out of them.

everybody will be happy afterwards, i bet on that.

that is all.

5 hours ago, No1Eye said:

first of all, this game is not pay to win.

if you are gonna be that guy, at least get your facts straight.

secondly, this game is pay to progress faster, or pay to skip the waiting.

there are players, including myself, who have purchased stuff from DE, to support DE in any way possible and maybe skip some parts of all the grind the game has due to real life things, jobs and etc, since we cannot be playing the game 24/7 like a jobless person would do.

and finally, like it or not like it does not mean the other players should leave coz you said so.

maybe you should get some distance from the game, coz if you think it is pay to win, you are clearly playing a different game.

Why would I distance myself when I'm still enjoying it?

You're assuming that my description of pay-to-win implies I am unhappy? I'm not, I have no problem with pay-to-win/pay-to-progress-fast

Just because the term has negative connotations for you, doesn't mean it has for me.

Its a matter of perspective.

Winning vs Progressing

I consider those two concepts to be The Same Thing.

Especially in a looter game where there is no definitive 'end' where you can say the game is won; instead success is more how much loot you acquire in a given time, which most certainly is affected by paying.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Solo is NoNo in games like WF.

1. Doesn’t fit to F2P MMO businesses model

2. Solo players are also willing to pay, the content must be balanced (softened) for them too

And yet it works. Tactical potato talks about it and how it works. MzGamer talks about solo. A lot of YouTubers talk about it. Even Space mom has talked about it. There's tons of solo Players on WF.

So yeah, it does fit. I can solo almost anything. Not done with Archwings. Like I said, I can hold all 4 points in an interception.

And it's not just solo Players that buy. EA would file bankrupt.

When all my friends & family played it was co-op. That's when I was playing on the Xbox one. I started from scratch on the PS4. I had a Chroma Prime but I bought the prime access because it was cool and I wanted to support the game. Thousands more co-op players bought it than Solo Players.

Softened, Nah, it's the same game you play.

There is a countdown in the cred offerings - it says 6 days and 6 hours for new offerings. Does this mean that we have to hurry up and spend our wolf credits before that time, if we want any of the items because we don't know, if they will be there after 7 days. If this is in fact true then we cannot spend 300 wolf credits on these specific items, if we reach level 30 during the first series. We can only spend 100 wolf credits on the items currently showing.

DE needs to raise the wolf credits received and let remaining wolf credits continue on to the next series after 10 weeks.

16 minutes ago, No1Eye said:

it is not even pay to play buddy.

if it was pay to play, we would have to buy the nightwave series, for instance, and some other big updates they add in game every now and then.

like the expansions in other games, for example.

you can get it all by playing the game for free.

if you so wish and choose to pay to buy something, that's is on you. but you can get it all for free by playing the game.

sure, it takes a lot of time, since the rng and all that hates us 99% of the time, and there is a lot of things to do in game, but still everything is free.

i, too, purchased quite a lot of things to support the game and help me a bit, since work and real life things tend not to let me play 24/7.

so, best way to describe this game is pay to progress faster or pay to skip.

that's the best way i'd say it.

anyway, to the matter at hand, nightwaves are a nice addition, but as a daily/weekly challenging system and not as an alert system.

they have a promising future in game, but they need to adjust the missions in there to be more friendly and enjoyable to all kinds of players, old, new, casuals, hardcores and so forth. and also, tweak a bit the rewards accordingly.

also, alerts should be returned in the game asap and be tweaked a bit to a point they will be more frequently poped up and stay longer when they pop up, so not to be missed so easily, but those who want to get a reward out of them.

everybody will be happy afterwards, i bet on that.

that is all.

Well, you totally have this wrong. I never meant you have to pay in order to play. And yet the game is designed for you to "Buy"items. Can you play the game without spending a dime? The answer is a resounding "YES"! I know people that have.

But if DE didn't design it to where you wanted to buy or felt like you had to they would be Bankrupt.

So, pay to play. Just not as entrenched as you're taking it..

As for the rest of what you said, I couldn't agree with you more.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Well, you totally have this wrong. I never meant you have to pay in order to play. And yet the game is designed for you to "Buy"items. Can you play the game without spending a dime? The answer is a resounding "YES"! I know people that have.

But if DE didn't design it to where you wanted to buy or felt like you had to they would be Bankrupt.

So, pay to play. Just not as entrenched as you're taking it..

As for the rest of what you said, I couldn't agree with you more. 

oh, my bad then, i took it in a different way.

i thought you meant we needed to pay in order to play content and etc.

the game is designed this way you said though, yes.

so, people to buy if so they wish to skip or progress faster on things.

it is a company afterall, let's not forget that money/profit is what they aim at, mainly.

and with money is what warframe has become today the game that it is.

anyway, we are on the same page, my apologies for the mixup.

Truthfully No1Eye. We're really on the same page. I have fought with friends and family over this. They called it pay to play. I showed them you don't have to by reaching MR20 on a different account without spending a penny.

It was a lot of fun! 

Basically the game is set up for you to buy your way through.

Else, No EA

2 minutes ago, No1Eye said:

oh, my bad then, i took it in a different way.

i thought you meant we needed to pay in order to play content and etc.

the game is designed this way you said though, yes.

so, people to buy if so they wish to skip or progress faster on things.

it is a company afterall, let's not forget that money/profit is what they aim at, mainly.

and with money is what warframe has become today the game that it is.

anyway, we are on the same page, my apologies for the mixup.

Oops, our posts crossed. So sorry....

30 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Why would I distance myself when I'm still enjoying it?

You're assuming that my description of pay-to-win implies I am unhappy? I'm not, I have no problem with pay-to-win/pay-to-progress-fast

Just because the term has negative connotations for you, doesn't mean it has for me.

Its a matter of perspective.

Winning vs Progressing

I consider those two concepts to be The Same Thing.

Especially in a looter game where there is no definitive 'end' where you can say the game is won; instead success is more how much loot you acquire in a given time, which most certainly is affected by paying.

because of this post of yours --->

12 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This is a 'free to play' game (aka a 'pay to win' game)

that's how it works, they have to give players a reason to make purchases or they go out of business.

If you don't like that, go play a game with a normal 1-time purchase model.

but i kind of think you meant it as @(PS4)mcfar53 meant it, so all good.

my apologies to you too.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Truthfully No1Eye. We're really on the same page. I have fought with friends and family over this. They called it pay to play. I showed them you don't have to by reaching MR20 on a different account without spending a penny.

It was a lot of fun! 

Basically the game is set up for you to buy your way through.

Else, No EA

yeah, all good buddy, no worries.

i know what you meant now.

33 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

There is a countdown in the cred offerings - it says 6 days and 6 hours for new offerings. Does this mean that we have to hurry up and spend our wolf credits before that time, if we want any of the items because we don't know, if they will be there after 7 days. If this is in fact true then we cannot spend 300 wolf credits on these specific items, if we reach level 30 during the first series. We can only spend 100 wolf credits on the items currently showing.

DE needs to raise the wolf credits received and let remaining wolf credits continue on to the next series after 10 weeks.

That countdown means that many of the items, specifically the helmets, auras and skins, will cycle out, and a new inventory will come into the shop. The Nitains, Bauban Bps, and i think the potatoes, shouldn't cycle out.

7 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

That countdown means that many of the items, specifically the helmets, auras and skins, will cycle out, and a new inventory will come into the shop. The Nitains, Bauban Bps, and i think the potatoes, shouldn't cycle out.

Thanks for your reply.

The items you mention shouldn't cycle out does however also show the countdown in the miscellaneous window.

Perhaps it's just a bug.

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Thanks for your reply.

The items you mention shouldn't cycle out does however also show the countdown in the miscellaneous window.

Perhaps it's just a bug.

More likely they have it setup that all items in the shop show that timer, and then they just have a 100% chance those items will be in the inventory when they randomize it.

In other words, those items probably also "rotate out", but are setup to get back in immediately.

This new system is not friendly to old players or inviting to new ones with the difficulty and rewards that they offer. This needs more balancing done to it all the way around before it just becomes pay to win like all the other looter shooters out there. The once shining light that was Digital Extremes seems to be falling down a dark hole. Removing the jump in and jump out gameplay and replacing it with missions that test our patience and that older players don't have time for in their normal schedules.

I have tried the new system out last week and only got to about 5000/10000 and only got the first rank reward. Spent most of my time in game looking for groups and failing to make friends rather then doing missions. The community seems to be a lot more hostile then I remember. At this rate almost all the rewards seem unobtainable before the event probably ends. So my only option would be to buy the reward items from players that is if they are even trade-able and who knows at what cost.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Thousands more co-op players bought it than Solo Players.

This is it. F2P doesn’t mean Devs no need money. It’s like: you can play Solo but give us favor and play in squad. You can focus on yourself only. I use your “arguments”, you’re able to Solo Interception so you can hold another 3 players, less skilled, but with decision to also buy Chroma’s PA, but because you play Solo nobody can support them so they made decision that this game is hard for them and they leave, so Devs will get only 100 from you instead of 400 bucks from all.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is it. F2P doesn’t mean Devs no need money. It’s like: you can play Solo but give us favor and play in squad. You can focus on yourself only. I use your “arguments”, you’re able to Solo Interception so you can hold another 3 players, less skilled, but with decision to also buy Chroma’s PA, but because you play Solo nobody can support them so they made decision that this game is hard for them and they leave, so Devs will get only 100 from you instead of 400 bucks from all.

Solo playing does not invalidate Co-Op playing, nor does it prevent the developers from making money. Solo players still have to buy Slots (if they want a collection). They can and do buy cosmetics. If you're going to go on the money end, Solo players can end up costing less since their games don't need to go into Match Making pool, and don't have the resulting processing and bandwidth costs of said Match Making service.

Solo players can and do still trade with Co-Op players.

By your ending logic 4 Solo players spending 100 bucks, means 400 bucks. Where 4 Co-Op players spending 400 bucks total means each one spent on average 100 bucks. Same difference. If anything Solo players are more likely to need to spend money. On things like Dojo construction since those resources and construction costs aren't shared among a group.

Just want to say that personally I am really enjoying all of the Nightwave challenges. I completed all the challenges last week pretty easily, and am almost finished with the challenges for week two already. The fact that you could get both of the survival objectives completed at the same time by doing kuva survival with a friend/clanmate was awesome. 10k standing for one hour-long run seems just fine to me (more if you had the kill enemies/eximus challenge still to do). It was my first time running kuva survival as well. I had never gotten around to it before, but because of this challenge I did, and it was a lot of fun. I just jumped onto the recruiting channel, formed a group, friended one of the people, and ran the mission without incident.

I understand that there is some blowback from frustrated players for this or that challenge, but I for one am loving the whole system.

6 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Spider, you're projecting.

Yes, I can't stand the AFK players. One thing some people forget though. A lot of players that appear AFK are those that have a connection problem. It may be a slower connection but it can also be a DE server problem. "Server Not Responding." You see that quite a bit on YouTube players with very high speeds.

Once, I joined a game that just started. I got the "Server Not Responding" message and when I finally loaded in the mission was over. I'm sure they thought I was AFK.

I love that they are including potatoes and slots in Nightwave. But some of the tasks are simply ludicrous. It's not that we want something for nothing.

A lot of us have supported DE. Bought Plat. Bought prime access. Grinded like heck to level up and get the goodies. I love Warframe. I live Warframe. Nightwave is very cool. But a lot of us, especially me, may not be as good as you.

its a peer to peer game, the server has no effect on u standing in place, that is where host migrations come in, if someone internet is bad, then u lose connection to them

the amount of people with unmodded gear getting carried in alerts was so high that u have no idea

Archived