Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

OK, quick question: how many people actually do two sets of syndicate missions a day let alone one to begin with? I imagine it's best to work off of one syndicate and get reputation with their ally, right? That's certainly what I've been doing all this time, as I don't want to be totally despised by four other factions. So, this "complete 10 syndicate missions" seems ridiculous to me. If I get three per day, that's a four day commitment for 3,000 rep. Hilarious.

u get 3 syndicates to work with, the other 3 will hate u, thats half 

each syndicate has 3 mission, that reset each day, u have to do 10 in a week, thats 2 missions a day for 5 days and alot of the times, ul get 2 capture missions

Thinking on what's really missing from Nightwave, and a lot of the flaws that have been exposed in this second week:

As a long time player one of the things I would regularly do was jump into Alert missions to see if newer players needed help with them. Or to Taxi them to Alerts just outside of their current unlock range. This could be done without FORCE FRIENDING them. If they wanted to friend me to hit up later for game questions, that would be up to them. Nightwave has destroyed this very friendly and welcoming aspect of Warframe's community. "Challenges" like Hold Your Breath and Survival with Friends are antithetical to this kind of community building, as they increase the tension and expectations on the players in those missions. This creates conflict in the PvE space where there shouldn't be, especially for a system that is replacing the old Alerts.

DE now has plenty of feedback why the "with Friends" weekly are bad design from a growing segment of the player base. I'll leave it at that. Same goes for missions that need 1 hour+ to complete.

What Nightwave is really missing from the casual pick-up and play end are, ironically, alerts. There should still be Credit and Resource granting Alerts that are tied to the current Nightwave. With The Wolf of Saturn Six, we should be getting Alerts to escaped Saturn Six Fugitives. This brings back one of the very useful aspects of Alerts to new players (bonus Credit and Resources), a reason for Older players to Taxi new players, and a method for far more casual players to skip busted and poorly designed Nightwave Challenges.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

[...]

I have 4 actually. Arbiters, Suda, Steel and then I raised up the Veil basically through Steel. I saw a player who had this in his profile and I wanted to do the same. That was fun. More than Nightwave homework for sure. This challenge came too late for me. If there was an option, I would like to uninstall this content 'cause I dislike it so much. I can't believe there will never be any more Alerts. The game seems so sad to me now. 🙁

So after playing Nightwave some more Dreamers,I have to wonder - who TF is Nora and how does she end up with a stash of amazing stuff (and not so amazing stuff) to throw at a virtual army of hungry greedy Ninja robots that destroyed an Empire.  So this bird on a microphone, (oh so many centuries ago) suddenly has Orikin stuff up the jaksy to splash around to thousands of Tenno wanderers?  I get the idea, I get was plagiarised from 'The Warriors' because was cool as S#&$ and some fanboi/grrl in the office loved it but and I know in WF terms alot mght not hang together so great, but seriously, a radio host from nowhere with access to everything? She's more powerful than the Queens you would have thought.

More of a consistancy, theme objection here really, and yes I know alot of other stuff is disjointed, but it just hit me recently that this girl has more crap than Barro - how?

3 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

I have 4 actually. Arbiters, Suda, Steel and then I raised up the Veil basically trough Steel. I saw a player who had this in is profile and I wanted to do the same. That was fun. More than Nightwave homework for sure. This challenge came too late for me. If there was an option, I would like to uninstall this content 'cause I dislike it so much. I can't believe there will never be any more Alerts. The game seems so sad to me now. 🙁

you can, but ud have to be running steel only after finishing the others, technically u can do syndicate missions for the other 2 and still keep red vail in the good if u have a steel emblem on 24/7 but again most people arnt going to do that lol, infact i was tempted to do that 

4 minutes ago, turbosnowy said:

So after playing Nightwave some more Dreamers,I have to wonder - who TF is Nora and how does she end up with a stash of amazing stuff (and not so amazing stuff) to throw at a virtual army of hungry greedy Ninja robots that destroyed an Empire.  So this bird on a microphone, (oh so many centuries ago) suddenly has Orikin stuff up the jaksy to splash around to thousands of Tenno wanderers?  I get the idea, I get was plagiarised from 'The Warriors' because was cool as S#&$ and some fanboi/grrl in the office loved it but and I know in WF terms alot mght not hang together so great, but seriously, a radio host from nowhere with access to everything? She's more powerful than the Queens you would have thought.

More of a consistancy, theme objection here really, and yes I know alot of other stuff is disjointed, but it just hit me recently that this girl has more crap than Barro - how?

she is probably orokin like baro ki'tier 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

you can, but ud have to be running steel only after finishing the others, technically u can do syndicate missions for the other 2 and still keep red vail in the good if u have a steel emblem on 24/7 but again most people arnt going to do that lol, infact i was tempted to do that 

Yes. I started with Arbiters and Suda, then, when I noticed I was neutral with Steel, I started to do them. And more recently Veil, paying attention not to lose much with Arbiters, while Suda was pretty easy to maintain. However, I needed to regain Veil's consideration before starting their missions.

You guys need to be posting all of these feedback ideas and criticisms you've been repeating here for days in the new Feedback post by a dev because all the defenders of the new fundamentally flawed system are out in force just flooding it with "git gud" and "don't be entitled" rhetoric.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1066474-general-nightwave-feedback-challenges-and-acts/?tab=comments#comment-10558911

17 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

You guys need to be posting all of these feedback ideas and criticisms you've been repeating here for days in the new Feedback post by a dev because all the defenders of the new fundamentally flawed system are out in force just flooding it with "git gud" and "don't be entitled" rhetoric.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1066474-general-nightwave-feedback-challenges-and-acts/?tab=comments#comment-10558911

i already have and more will follow too, i am sure, when they get online.

yeah, the 'git gud' and 'don't be entitled' sentences are the first defensive sentences all the defenders have.

let's go there guys, since they want the feedback on that thread, let's give them all the nice feedback we have been posting here too.

hopefully, the devs read all the feedback existing on this thread too, though.

Not a fan of this new insane grind.  Makes me want to not even play the game.  This is going to end up making people burn out faster than normal.  Also why couldn't this be running along with alerts?  The creds you can get are like 20 times fewer than the number of items you could have gotten in the same time period to get the wolf quests finished.

If your trying to keep people around during content lulls this is going to end up having the opposite effect for all except the most dedicated players.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

its a peer to peer game, the server has no effect on u standing in place, that is where host migrations come in, if someone internet is bad, then u lose connection to them

the amount of people with unmodded gear getting carried in alerts was so high that u have no idea

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

2 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

just did, i pretty much was "lazy" tbh but its not my job its the devs job to get feedback right and read it. its kinda just a huge wall of quotes from this post

1 hour ago, Oberick said:

Not a fan of this new insane grind.  Makes me want to not even play the game.  This is going to end up making people burn out faster than normal.  Also why couldn't this be running along with alerts?  The creds you can get are like 20 times fewer than the number of items you could have gotten in the same time period to get the wolf quests finished.

If your trying to keep people around during content lulls this is going to end up having the opposite effect for all except the most dedicated players.

I think Nightwave is a great addition to the game but it's not an alert replacement. I love Nightwave. Maybe Alerts within Nightwave?

2 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Git gud comes from the arrogance of egotistical people. Calling us entitled just shows how ignorant they really are.

That's not helpful. Inciting instead of enticing. We're just saying there needs to be balanced. They're saying shut up or leave.

We are trying to be diplomatic. They are trying to dictate.

We see all sides. They have blinders on.

We're not hurting anyone by voicing our concerns. They're being hateful.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

each syndicate has 3 mission, that reset each day, u have to do 10 in a week, thats 2 missions a day for 5 days and alot of the times, ul get 2 capture missions

I did the Red Veil and Steel Meridian together. I thought you could only have two at a time. So now I'm doing New Looks, Red Veil and Perrin (I think. Brain fart). But I do see his point. Depending on the type of mission it really might not be doable. I was 8 seconds away from getting the 10 relic rewards. Many might say it was easy but I ran out of life support. They weren't dropping much and I had to fly between everything.

Lol, 8 seconds. That was a real treat, hahahaha.

Just now, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

I did the Red Veil and Steel Meridian together. I thought you could only have two at a time. So now I'm doing New Looks, Red Veil and Perrin (I think. Brain fart). But I do see his point. Depending on the type of mission it really might not be doable. I was 8 seconds away from getting the 10 relic rewards. Many might say it was easy but I ran out of life support. They weren't dropping much and I had to fly between everything.

Lol, 8 seconds. That was a real treat, hahahaha.

New looks, autocorrect LOL. New Loka

6 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is it. F2P doesn’t mean Devs no need money. It’s like: you can play Solo but give us favor and play in squad. You can focus on yourself only. I use your “arguments”, you’re able to Solo Interception so you can hold another 3 players, less skilled, but with decision to also buy Chroma’s PA, but because you play Solo nobody can support them so they made decision that this game is hard for them and they leave, so Devs will get only 100 from you instead of 400 bucks from all.

Good grief man. Where did you come up with that? I didn't that at all.

Devs need money otherwise they would be out of business.

I play solo because I like to play by myself at my own pace. No favors of anyone... But I would play with others if I could find some nice players. They don't have to be the best. Heck, I've stated many times in these posts on how I get turned around and lost in some levels.

And I love to hit doorways. They always get in my way lol. No seriously, I don't do it on purpose.

Solo interceptions are nothing new. But solo isn't with another 3 players. I'm not carrying anyone because there's no one else there.

I already had Chroma Prime. I bought Chroma's PA because it looks Super Awesome. Really Awesome. I don't play with him much though but he does look cool.

Nobody's left because I play solo and have Chroma. Who are these other 3 you speak of? And thosands of people bought Chroma's PA. 

I've learned a few tricks playing by myself but I am in no way a great player. I'm just so so.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Solo is NoNo in games like WF.

1. Doesn’t fit to F2P MMO businesses model

2. Solo players are also willing to pay, the content must be balanced (softened) for them too

Solo players with 0 money spent is worst scenario.

Solo is NoNo in WF? Lol. Then why is there a solo play option? 

Really have got to be fast a sleep dreaming to think this update should be a replacement for alerts. Thanks for pushing me into hunting this week as well I was saving that for after I'd finished the Profit-Taker to hopefully do when my friends came back instead out of concern of loosing my Nightwave progress in a month or two I found my self dusting off the Equinox I had waiting for that special day.

Bring back alerts, and don't reset "seasons" until each player has completed it will make it good fun instead of a stressful chore, people will talk and you will find yourself with more players you can try and milk, you know why, because they'd be having fun.

A bit disappointed that with how DE-Bear framed his feedback topic with the three points (Survival, Friend & Ayatan) has most of the responses, critical or not, focused at those, at the expense of the other issues everyone has here expanded upon for days now.
Those are surface level symptoms, easy to patch out, but there are bigger problems that need to be reworked in order for Nightwave to feel complete (as has been written here by many), though still not be a good replacement for Alerts.

I kind of miss Lotus telling me there is something happening in The System. Got tired of Nora with the same long story about some guy wanting to marry her. The voice actor is good but the character and her stories seem out of place. How is this relevant to the Warframe lore?
That's all I care about, really 😊

1 minute ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

I kind of miss Lotus telling me there is something happening in The System. Got tired of Nora with the same long story about some guy wanting to marry her. The voice actor is good but the character and her stories seem out of place. How is this relevant to the Warframe lore?

Yeah, I'm with you on that.
The voice actor is great, but all that vague non-related stuff over the comm that I get during missions? Not so much.
I guess they had to make it vague, so there are no spoilers for new players? But there's a lot to tell without spoilers, like, some Grineer/Corpus backstory trivia.
All in all, I'd prefer if she was a legit radio host with more stories and lines actually tied to the Warframe universe.

Archived