Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

You guys need to be posting all of these feedback ideas and criticisms you've been repeating here for days in the new Feedback post by a dev because all the defenders of the new fundamentally flawed system are out in force just flooding it with "git gud" and "don't be entitled" rhetoric.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1066474-general-nightwave-feedback-challenges-and-acts/?tab=comments#comment-10558911

I remember reading @[DE]Danielle’s comment from almost a week ago where she said that feedback should be posted in the official Nightwave thread which is this one made by DE Rebecca. That’s why I came to post my feedback here. DE Bear’s thread was posted only 10 hours ago. I really hope they’ve been reading the feedback we left in this thread because we were told to direct all our feedback here 😕 

On 2019-02-28 at 2:11 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

And then cry about content drought.

You have whole week to do them. Tbh, I made half of them with friend in 1hr.

Ugh.

Give me a break. All I've seen so far is a couple radio rambles from someone with no backstory, a new foe who's spawning is totally random and no one I know has run across yet, and a trio of guys I have no backstory on that I need to capture at the end of missions. WHAT, pray-tell, kind of lore is that??

47 minutes ago, Nyx219 said:

Ugh.

Give me a break. All I've seen so far is a couple radio rambles from someone with no backstory, a new foe who's spawning is totally random and no one I know has run across yet, and a trio of guys I have no backstory on that I need to capture at the end of missions. WHAT, pray-tell, kind of lore is that??

Did you watch the intro cinematic?

Because that would explain pretty much everything you just asked?

I think DE should admit defeat, give us the old alert system back and remove nightwave until someone did some thourough thinking about it, in terms of presentation, lore and mechanics, so that it actually works. This just seems like it was cobbeled together withing 10 minutes without thinking about anything but "how can we force people to play this game every day all day" and "I really want to add a radio show don't matter if it works or not".

25 minutes ago, Springlake said:

the intro cinematic

Yeah, it's 2 minutes of still images, and all we get is:
- there was a grineer prison,
- some folks escaped it,
- their leader is called The Wolf of Saturn 6.

Why does the Wolf attack us? Why do we have to capture the prisoners? Who is Nora? How did she get this information? What about Wolf's backstory, like, how he even got into the prison in the first place? 
So many questions, not a single answer.

Nightwave right now creates an impression of a half-baked-will-finish-on-the-fly update to shut the complaints.

26 minutes ago, Athizea said:

Here's another question the game fails to answer: Why should we care? Why is Nora suddenly talking to us and why are we blindly following her bidding?
We do not get loot directly for our actions, we get "standing", and why does Nora send us out to do house chores while she talks nonsense? First she spends 2 minutes telling of a Wolf escaping, so you'd think we would get tasks relating to finding and capturing or even recruiting him since it seems like he'd be a pretty powerful ally already against the grineer as he was imprisoned, but no, Nora has a list of random endangered species hunts, mod hunts, object scans, survivals, cleaning chores to remember to look after our stock of ayatans and relics and stuff.
Half-baked and incomplete to the core.

6 hours ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

I kind of miss Lotus telling me there is something happening in The System. Got tired of Nora with the same long story about some guy wanting to marry her. The voice actor is good but the character and her stories seem out of place. How is this relevant to the Warframe lore?
That's all I care about, really 😊

Did the Wolf come out of jail 'cause he wants to marry Nora? 😦 She wants us to capture him so they don't get married anymore. All clear now... 😐

Thoughts on the system:

The basic reward cycle of credits/shop feels really underwhelming compared to alerts.  Especially for new players.  Part of the problem is moving to a static resource pool changes the dynamic of the system, and is difficult to balance the frequency of rewards properly.

Under alerts, you would see 1-2 dozen in an average week playing maybe 2 hours per night.  Most of them weapons, helmets, auras, nitain, and Vauban parts.  Veterans might only go for the nitain.  Newbies would go for all of them available, since it offers things they still need.  That was the good part of the system.  The more you still need, the more rewarding the system is simply due to the percentage of it that interests you and the ability to claim everything on offer.  A static resource pool is much more punishing to newbies.  They are now forced to prioritize via a heavily limited resource what it is they need.  Auras in particular should be addressed.  Possibly move them over to invasions so that new players filling out their collection can keep the heavy frontloaded utility style system.  It should be ok to lower the rate of clantech resources to fit these into the invasion system.  We now have tier 4 Fortuna bounties as a replacement source for the pre-built resources.

As for the creds themselves, it feels really slow.  In the old system, if something you wanted was available, all it took was a quick mission to grab it.  In the new system, you don't see a single wolf cred until 30k rep is gained, and even then it's a small pack of 50.  I would replace this with smaller more reliable gains, possible with rank-up rewards maintaining larger packs as an extra bonus.  My idea is to directly give ~10-15 wolf creds for a daily mission, instead of rep.  Leave rep on the weeklies (maybe rebalance numbers if needed).  That would make your progress more tangible.  Maybe increase the cost of potatoes a bit to compensate for the greater availability.  75->100 (if 10) or 120 (if 15).  Leave the more common alert cosmetics, weapons, etc. priced as they are, possibly reducing the nitain bundle to 2 or 3, or making it singles for cheaper.  Again, this is mostly for newer players who still need these things to give them a more rapid and tangible sense of progression, and direct rewards for their efforts.

1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:

Did the Wolf come out of jail 'cause he wants to marry Nora? 😦 She wants us to capture him so they don't get married anymore. All clear now... 😐

She shoulda been more careful about who she contacted on tenno tinder 😛

As far as i'm concerned the only thing i really dislike so far is the field boss spawn mechanics. Random bosses is dated and not much reliable, i would have prefered something like getting datas (boss location for example) on escapees. Think about a treasure hunt but to localize Wolf of Saturn Six : One or two missions later we could go to a specific mission, find the Wolf and finally kill him.

So far this boss is just a urban legend, and we all know we can play for weeks before we encounter a Stalker so... This doesn't work, most people should at least get this new hammer before the event ends, but combining ridiculous boss spawn rate with terrible loot chances isn't interesting at all.

And @DE, you should know that this terrible random boss spawn always happens when we aren't prepared for that (solo riven challenge with some crappy weapon for example 😄 )so please, get rid of this mechanics at once !

2 hours ago, Athizea said:

Yeah, it's 2 minutes of still images, and all we get is:
- there was a grineer prison,
- some folks escaped it,
- their leader is called The Wolf of Saturn 6.

Why does the Wolf attack us? Why do we have to capture the prisoners?

Who is Nora? How did she get this information? What about Wolf's backstory, like, how he even got into the prison in the first place? 

Nightwave right now creates an impression of a half-baked-will-finish-on-the-fly update to shut the complaints.

Exactly ! I mean last time i checked we were helping grineer outcasts in the form of Steel Meridian and those guys from the defection missions... How do we even know that the wolf and those guys that escaped are bad people? Because a Radio show told us they escaped? Anyone thinking this is a good narrative is bonkers...
I mean sure they can explain that later, but why, then are we hunting prisoners NOW??

12 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

As far as i'm concerned the only thing i really dislike so far is the field boss spawn mechanics. Random bosses is dated and not much reliable, i would have prefered something like getting datas (boss location for example) on escapees. Think about a treasure hunt but to localize Wolf of Saturn Six : One or two missions later we could go to a specific mission, find the Wolf and finally kill him.

So far this boss is just a urban legend, and we all know we can play for weeks before we encounter a Stalker so... This doesn't work, most people should at least get this new hammer before the event ends, but combining ridiculous boss spawn rate with terrible loot chances isn't interesting at all.

And @DE, you should know that this terrible random boss spawn always happens when we aren't prepared for that (solo riven challenge with some crappy weapon for example 😄 )so please, get rid of this mechanics at once !

OOH, that's actually a good way... We could get "Wolf coordinates" from prisioners, and then craft a key like those for Alad V.

Equip the "key" on your gear wheel, and it would automatically spawn the wolf on your next mission.

While Nightwave has been nice so far, could the daily missions be more frequent? The 150 kills with insert damage type is literally done in under 10 minutes, and since not everybody is going to do missions like 1 hour survivals wouldn't it be a better alternative to have more than just one daily nightwave goal to reach? Why not have a multi parter daily mission and each completed part gives standing? Just like with the bounties on the plains or the vallis.

The more I play this the more I see whats wrong with it.

Newbies get locked out of some of the missions - Hydrolyst, sorties, survivals etc etc. Give them an alternate mission or give us the chance to reroll the elites.

Heroes of the storm learned this the hard way when all the vs AI people began queuing for pvp and pissed off the pvpers. - Dont dangle a reward in front of someone who isnt equipped to handle or feel comfortable doing it - they will do it because they feel forced to,and the people they group with might not be so forgiving of their lack of skills. 

Soloers get slapped in the face with friend and clan requirements

Long time players already have most of the rewards and prob will only be interested in the potatoes or maybe a skin?

Casuals will never be able to get enough tiers because they probably cant play daily or have restricted playtimes, maybe  6 hours one day, no hours or 1 hour the next etc etc. - The time gate and slow drip designed to keep people logging in everyday is hurting those who may have otherwise been able to complete everything if it werent set to a very tight schedule.

Players who are in the middle mastery, high enough skill and levels to not be considered a newbie, too low to be able to do the stuff in the expert weeklies so they wouldnt be able to hit tier 30 even if they had enough time.

I'd love to hit tier 30, I happen to qualify for a few of the issues mentioned above. I think I have enough time to do the tedious ones, but I dont have the skill level and play solo ( most of my clan is on vacation or have different play times as I do). At the rate I am able to finish the missions, I will be lucky to hit tier 25, despite probably having the time to grind stuff. I prefer to solo 99% of the time and use the auto group function for group activities. I'm also not skilled or geared up enough to take on Hydrolysts or the crazy marathon survival missions.

Not really enjoying nightwave at all.

1 hour ago, Wrenzer said:

The more I play this the more I see whats wrong with it.

Newbies get locked out of some of the missions - Hydrolyst, sorties, survivals etc etc. Give them an alternate mission or give us the chance to reroll the elites.

Heroes of the storm learned this the hard way when all the vs AI people began queuing for pvp and pissed off the pvpers. - Dont dangle a reward in front of someone who isnt equipped to handle or feel comfortable doing it - they will do it because they feel forced to,and the people they group with might not be so forgiving of their lack of skills. 

Soloers get slapped in the face with friend and clan requirements

Long time players already have most of the rewards and prob will only be interested in the potatoes or maybe a skin?

Casuals will never be able to get enough tiers because they probably cant play daily or have restricted playtimes, maybe  6 hours one day, no hours or 1 hour the next etc etc. - The time gate and slow drip designed to keep people logging in everyday is hurting those who may have otherwise been able to complete everything if it werent set to a very tight schedule.

Players who are in the middle mastery, high enough skill and levels to not be considered a newbie, too low to be able to do the stuff in the expert weeklies so they wouldnt be able to hit tier 30 even if they had enough time.

I'd love to hit tier 30, I happen to qualify for a few of the issues mentioned above. I think I have enough time to do the tedious ones, but I dont have the skill level and play solo ( most of my clan is on vacation or have different play times as I do). At the rate I am able to finish the missions, I will be lucky to hit tier 25, despite probably having the time to grind stuff. I prefer to solo 99% of the time and use the auto group function for group activities. I'm also not skilled or geared up enough to take on Hydrolysts or the crazy marathon survival missions.

Not really enjoying nightwave at all.

Hear, hear.

Someone print this out and stick it on every monitor at DE.

Listen to the feedback guys.

Nightwave is good on paper, and i'm ALL for having these challenges, but my god are they boring and a pain to accomplish, 60 minutes in a survival is boring, we'll all sit in one place and press the same few buttons, adding a clan / friend restriction ontop of that is terrible and shafts those players who play solo.

30 minutes would be far more reasonable for the average player, I find myself getting bored doing those 30 minute survival missions for those relics, so much that I didn't even bother DOING them, despite the fact that they were vaulted relics.

This is not the direction I thought Nightwave would go, if these challenges keep consistantly appearing, or are not changed soon, people won't even bother doing them, it's already grindy as all hell and has the chance to drop a bullet sponge mini boss who isn't affected by ANY abilities on us whenever, why restrict even more players, why the 60 minute requirement? It's not the fact that I CAN'T do that time (I can, it'd be very boring and tedious), but it's the fact that for ONLY 5k standing it's incredibly terrible as a reward.

If it were say, 100k standing, even something like 50k, i'd consider it, but an hour for 5k? No chance.

Guys, be posting your nightwaves feedback, suggestions and so forth on this thread --->

i hope the devs are reading all comments on this thread too, but better be posting things there, just in case.

28 minutes ago, No1Eye said:

Guys, be posting your nightwaves feedback, suggestions and so forth on this thread --->

i hope the devs are reading all comments on this thread too, but better be posting things there, just in case.

I think I've posted there. Can you put a link from there to here? With a whole lot of say?

Archived