Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

I've read through all of the comments up to this point and this whole thread has been really... informative.  Starting to see a pattern now.

A lot of us take issue with the conditions of the challenges, but I'd argue that even if they were all solo-able and easier for new players, or rewarded more standing/creds, it still wouldn't solve some of the underlying issues.

No matter how much time I have had with this update, I am still perplexed by the removal of alerts.  Since they are automated, keeping them up can't be that much of a burden on development, and yet DE seems so eager to drop them.  Maybe they just don't want to maintain the mobile app anymore or something.  Or they think that people have too many resources from alerts, and they want more control over the economy so people are more likely to spend money on plat. (I really hope that's not the case).

And it's even worse than I first thought.  The affinity bonuses are gone (probably what they built this system upon in addition to the syndicate framework to save time), there are not one, but TWO hour-long survival mission weeklies right now, and yet another challenge that forces players into a squad.  How does a new player feel when they eventually realize most of this content isn't for them?  I'm by no means a new player, and I'm still disappointed.

It feels more like a business decision.  You want those credits and affinty you used to get?  We've got boosters in the marketplace!  Miss a rare item from last season?  Trade plat for it! Player engagement is up because we're holding these neat rewards hostage behind timegates and increased grind!

Even the forced "with a friend" conditions are vaguely reminiscent of other games that reward players for being "social".  It's usually done in the industry to make you constantly exposed to other players' cosmetics and such, so you are more likely to buy things later on you think might look cool.  Or to keep players online that might have otherwise quit because a group depends on them.  Lemme guess, next there will be check-in rewards for our clans to guilt us into staying longer?  As a primarily solo player, I'm getting numb to these sorts of mobile-game practices, and I really hope that this was not the intention.

I want DE to keep trying new things.  This game needs continuous innovation and reiteration, and I don't want them to be afraid to try.  But come on...  There is no reason this couldn't have been just an addition to the previous system.  Why a total replacement without really getting input from the community first?

I'd understand if they want to start with a blank slate, but more communication on this kind of stuff going forward would be appreciated, please.

And as others have said, all you had to do was add onto the old alerts.  Could have treated Nightwave as its own thing and saved yourselves so much trouble.

Apologies for the rant, but something about this whole thing just feels off.

At least most of the other veterans can see it, and remember what it's like to be a newbie.  A lot of this doesn't affect them, but they still are thinking about other players.  Honestly, it warms my heart.

16 minutes ago, PR0JAX said:

I've read through all of the comments up to this point and this whole thread has been really... informative.  Starting to see a pattern now.

A lot of us take issue with the conditions of the challenges, but I'd argue that even if they were all solo-able and easier for new players, or rewarded more standing/creds, it still wouldn't solve some of the underlying issues.

No matter how much time I have had with this update, I am still perplexed by the removal of alerts.  Since they are automated, keeping them up can't be that much of a burden on development, and yet DE seems so eager to drop them.  Maybe they just don't want to maintain the mobile app anymore or something.  Or they think that people have too many resources from alerts, and they want more control over the economy so people are more likely to spend money on plat. (I really hope that's not the case).

And it's even worse than I first thought.  The affinity bonuses are gone (probably what they built this system upon in addition to the syndicate framework to save time), there are not one, but TWO hour-long survival mission weeklies right now, and yet another challenge that forces players into a squad.  How does a new player feel when they eventually realize most of this content isn't for them?  I'm by no means a new player, and I'm still disappointed.

It feels more like a business decision.  You want those credits and affinty you used to get?  We've got boosters in the marketplace!  Miss a rare item from last season?  Trade plat for it! Player engagement is up because we're holding these neat rewards hostage behind timegates and increased grind!

Even the forced "with a friend" conditions are vaguely reminiscent of other games that reward players for being "social".  It's usually done in the industry to make you constantly exposed to other players' cosmetics and such, so you are more likely to buy things later on you think might look cool.  Or to keep players online that might have otherwise quit because a group depends on them.  Lemme guess, next there will be check-in rewards for our clans to guilt us into staying longer?  As a primarily solo player, I'm getting numb to these sorts of mobile-game practices, and I really hope that this was not the intention.

I want DE to keep trying new things.  This game needs continuous innovation and reiteration, and I don't want them to be afraid to try.  But come on...  There is no reason this couldn't have been just an addition to the previous system.  Why a total replacement without really getting input from the community first?

I'd understand if they want to start with a blank slate, but more communication on this kind of stuff going forward would be appreciated, please.

And as others have said, all you had to do was add onto the old alerts.  Could have treated Nightwave as its own thing and saved yourselves so much trouble.

At least most of the other veterans can see it, and remember what it's like to be a newbie.  A lot of this doesn't affect them, but they still are thinking about other players.  Honestly, it warms my heart.

They will tweak it eventualy, this is their first nightwave.

3 hours ago, Anarbitrio said:

😞

Don't fret, it's still possible. I believe Steve said you'd have to do roughly 60% of all challenges to reach rank 30, on one of the recent streams. To make up for missed challenges you can also try to go for quick missions and hope that saturn six captives spawn, they give about 50 standing each. It's not much and their spawn is not guaranteed, but it's one way to grind. They are hard to miss once they spawn, as they are immediately marked. Just don't forget to pick them up.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

On twitch

Sures they are just sales women and not real dev's you know get all the young boy you know what... Shame I can't see me sticking around much longer with out them coming back starting to get bored real fast, or some serious changes to Nightwave, like no resetting of the season until we've completed it, more daily tasks and so on plus some NE and mod alerts. Not much to ask.

Shame this update really would of been awesome if you had taken stuff away as well.

5 hours ago, Springlake said:

You only accepted it now??

Everyone has been saying it for weeks??

Well, to be honest I am hoping they would bring it back while keeping Nightwave seeing as how so many players are asking for the Alerts system back. Nightwave is something completely different and I don’t find it a replacement to the Alerts system. I just can’t see why both systems can’t be in the game. 

Guys, this roll-out is probably testing our grinding limits. 

Please don't do missions you'd otherwise avoid just to get Nightwave standing or Wolf Credits.

Do what you'd normally enjoy, ignore what you don't want to do, and let the chips fall.

If everyone grinds like mad on Nightwave 1, they'll have no reason to make future iterations easier.

10 hours ago, Anarbitrio said:

If I missed Week 1, can I still get to rank 30?

according to steve, to reach to rank 30 throughout the 10 weeks the challenges last, you have to be doing 60-65% of each week's challenges.

so, if you miss 1 week, you need to divide that lost week's 60-65% completion of challenges between the upcoming X weeks.

so, you need to do about 68-73% of each upcoming week's challenges in order for you to reach to max rank by the end of it, and that is if you only missed 1 week of it and this week in particular (which is the 2nd week).

i hope you won't miss another week man, don't be sick, don't work much, and for the love of god, do not even think of playing other games.

and these are our new system's enjoyments.

if we miss 1-2 weeks due to whatever reason, work, illness, or basically anything, be ready to grind the same things we have done already even more extensively,  in order to reach to the max rank of it, if you so wish and aim on the last tier's reward(s).

old alerts, you will be surely missed.

the alert poped up in the mobile app or in game and so forth, 5-10 minutes later, reward collected, done and done.

52 minutes ago, IcyFr0st said:

Please don't do missions you'd otherwise avoid just to get Nightwave standing or Wolf Credits.

Do what you'd normally enjoy, ignore what you don't want to do, and let the chips fall.

If everyone grinds like mad on Nightwave 1, they'll have no reason to make future iterations easier.

i am not doing this thing.

i've done all these things already in the past, i do not wanna be forced to do them all over again.

i want new content, not content leading me to the content i've already done many times over, with even more grind on top of it too.

i am not doing any of it, unless it is completed by total luck as i am doing the things i want in game.

hell, not even those who support the new system will be doing these things a while from now, simply coz they will be burned out even faster by doing so or whatever else reason, just wait and see.

2 hours ago, IcyFr0st said:

I got back into a groove to play Warframe after a bit of a longer pause about a month or so ago, my sister also got back into playing with me half a month ago, we had some chill goals, did the Revenant quest and farmed him just before Nightwave dropped, but that update just really made us depressed.
We both suffer from mild completionist compulsive tendencies, it took us years to get in this game into a healthier mindset of not scouring through every corner because that way burn out lies.
Now the game threw this mountain in front of us.

So we just stopped completely playing. Been playing Deep Rock Galactic instead.
I hopped into the game I think yesterday only out of morbid curiosity to check on what the new weeklies/daylies were, and jumped back out in disgust.
I would hop back into the game out of normal curiosity to see how that melee 2.9whatever works out, but now I'm conflicted if I should just not support this.

Better to not support this with active hours, and also avoid that feeling of the tugging pressure the game will remind you off constantly about the limited time you have in doing all of these tasks.
I mean I'm also disturbed by how they put the obnoxiously large Nightwave Wolf of Saturn Six Series 1 banner in your pause menu in the bottom right and covering over in your navigation the extractor drone bottom right section. It's there constantly, taunting you about what you'll miss if you don't do your chores.

We both have supported the game over the years, both of us have bought at least 2 prime access packs (each), and plat here and there, and I think one or two of those steam packs back when we were new and they carried more value to us. This just puts me off of wanting to support this direction the game is going in, copying trends in the larger market.

7 hours ago, Chasue said:

Don't fret, it's still possible. I believe Steve said you'd have to do roughly 60% of all challenges to reach rank 30, on one of the recent streams. To make up for missed challenges you can also try to go for quick missions and hope that saturn six captives spawn, they give about 50 standing each. It's not much and their spawn is not guaranteed, but it's one way to grind. They are hard to miss once they spawn, as they are immediately marked. Just don't forget to pick them up.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been playing Nightwave and it's as you've said. It's not too hard to get standing. I found that the fugitives spawn a lot in large missions. Especially on Cetus.

15 hours ago, PR0JAX said:

That was right on the mark. Thanks for supporting our feelings about this.

Ranting, no. It's good to get it out there. 

Also, they don't care what we think. I've tried and tried to get them to talk about it. I just get ignored it and they've said that's it. Their not changing it.

Well, I guess we have to adapt. I really like Nightwave though but there's no way I can do an hour of survival. I couldn't do the 30 minute one as the enemy stopped coming as much and weren't dropping life support. I was 8 seconds from completing it. I had to haul it from life support to life support and ran out of those. 8 seconds. 8! So unfair.

7 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Sures they are just sales women and not real dev's you know get all the young boy you know what... Shame I can't see me sticking around much longer with out them coming back starting to get bored real fast, or some serious changes to Nightwave, like no resetting of the season until we've completed it, more daily tasks and so on plus some NE and mod alerts. Not much to ask.

Shame this update really would of been awesome if you had taken stuff away as well.

Yes, we need more to do to keep us coming back. I'm going to stick around. Hopefully it will be tweaked. I'm focusing on my Archwing for now. I hate those missions. It's a real problem for me. I can't get a hold of it. 

Nightwave is pretty cool but dang it, there needs to be a balance.

1 minute ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Yes, we need more to do to keep us coming back. I'm going to stick around. Hopefully it will be tweaked. I'm focusing on my Archwing for now. I hate those missions. It's a real problem for me. I can't get a hold of it. 

Nightwave is pretty cool but dang it, there needs to be a balance.

IF they gave us a couple daily nitian/mod alerts and only reset our Nightwave level once we reach rank 30 instead of it being on a timer I think most people would be incredibly happy, and then you could easily skip the weekly's you didn't like or have some family time and not worry about loosing everything because you missed a few missions this week. Fun.

7 hours ago, Springlake said:

You only accepted it now??

Everyone has been saying it for weeks??

Yeah, lol! Been fighting a losing war. I know, I know. I just hate the one hour stuff. It's like, "Are You Kidding Me?" Lol

I think Nightwave is really cool but let's tweak it a little. Like I've said before and explained why, I'm a solo player.

4 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Well, to be honest I am hoping they would bring it back while keeping Nightwave seeing as how so many players are asking for the Alerts system back. Nightwave is something completely different and I don’t find it a replacement to the Alerts system. I just can’t see why both systems can’t be in the game. 

If what they're saying is true, you just have to do the easy missions and hunt down the fugitives to get enough standing. That would be like the alerts but it'll take a lot longer to get the stuff. 

I wonder what they're going to do when the Nightwave ends.

Archived