Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, Rallarman said:

So bascially faster than before?

You can get 300 Wolf credits every 10 weeks if you don't prestige Nightwave reputation (go all the way up to 30 and back to 1). The calculations above don't take into account that we can get Wolf creds on lvls 3, 6, 12, 16, 20 and 24, which can be difficult for a new player to achieve every week.

Nitain and auras cannot be bought from the market, so it doesn't really make any money for DE.

22 minutes ago, Athizea said:

You can get 300 Wolf credits every 10 weeks if you don't prestige Nightwave reputation (go all the way up to 30 and back to 1). The calculations above don't take into account that we can get Wolf creds on lvls 3, 6, 12, 16, 20 and 24, which can be difficult for a new player to achieve every week.

Nitain and auras cannot be bought from the market, so it doesn't really make any money for DE.

But the frames and weapons you need the nitain to build can be bought...

Once again found my self logging in just to log back out again today, didnt even bother getting my standing with the Ventkids something I enjoyed. Yup think Nightwave has swiftly ended my love for this game.

1 minute ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

But the frames and weapons you need the nitain to build can...

I agree with this, but there are also Primes that require a lot of Nitain, and they cannot be purchased directly from DE, except for Prime Access. In case of vaulted ones, yeah, you have to buy bps or relics from other players, so you have to purchase plat or farm for it. I think there's no real reason to buy something you cannot build anyway? (I'm looking at you, Vauban Prime!)

6 hours ago, RatataBanana said:

I did read before I commented.

I don't believe you, based on the baseless claims you made.

6 hours ago, RatataBanana said:

I also don't have an armchair, please stop speculating too out of the 'thing' you are sitting in.

"Speculating out of your armchair" is a pretty common English expression, but if English isn't your native language then I can let it slide.

im just gonna say this again no reason to do away with alerts they still served a purpose plain and simple you should never remove a feature unless its not needed anymore the alerts where good for new players and those who dont have all the time int he world to play night wave could of been added without losing them removing alerts tells newerr players your not welcome unless you want to dedicate your life to warframe and tells casual players to GTFO we dont need you its a bad look for DE and will cost them many players in the end just do the right thing DE bring back alerts and dont tell me they cant coexist with the nightwave when the last gift of the lotas ones did just fine do the right thing before its to late

Hahaha, complete 5 sorties which literally requires you to play the game at least five days this week. And today's sortie? Hades, the Ambulas assassination mission, shotguns only. Incredible. Also, wasn't there an elite challenge just last week to do a single sortie mission? I don't... understand.

Oh, and I just wanted to mention in the midst of helping my girlfriend do yesterday's sortie mission, the two other people in our public squad waited at the initial spawn point while we killed everything in the exterminate level so they could get the undetected challenge with zero effort. This is what you're encouraging with this system, just like when veterans had to carry new players through Tridolon hunts. Even as someone who has done every single challenge up until this point, I'm begging you: please abandon this project. I legitimately hate it more and more every passing week.

The only defense I agree with is that the increased difficulty is welcome. However, I doubt most people had something time-gated and locking important components behind it in mind. It is asinine. You already have an achievement system in place, and honestly, the majority of the elite Nightwave challenges are far more entertaining than the actual achievements that have been implemented lately, "K-Driven" being the ultimate example. "Perform 60 minutes of Kuva Survival without using Life Support Towers" would have made a great achievement! If people could have completed that whenever, at their leisure merely to challenge themselves that would have been a neat addition. Instead, we get chores no one looks forward to and others find ways to exploit.

DE i guess you just want you game to not be played anymore guess your happy with the success you have gotten you decided lets be lazy and put in these ridiculous challenges that divides the player base the longer you ignore everyone call for this problem to be fixed you need to fix this or you wont make it to 7 years warframe will become just another fad and everyone will move on to newer games success blinds those who are to stupid to be blind by it and can destroy it from within warframe is lucky destiny and anthem have been fails at the looter shooter genre or else warframe would of been dead in the water so why burn your players why do this whole nightwave thing it was NEVER needed do the right thing DE and fix the mistakes you have made

25 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

DE i guess you just want you game to not be played anymore guess your happy with the success you have gotten you decided lets be lazy and put in these ridiculous challenges that divides the player base the longer you ignore everyone call for this problem to be fixed you need to fix this or you wont make it to 7 years warframe will become just another fad and everyone will move on to newer games success blinds those who are to stupid to be blind by it and can destroy it from within warframe is lucky destiny and anthem have been fails at the looter shooter genre or else warframe would of been dead in the water so why burn your players why do this whole nightwave thing it was NEVER needed do the right thing DE and fix the mistakes you have made

Nightwave would of been awesome if it wasn't on a timer and hadn't of replaced alerts. Just put it down to a bad business choice please and go back to making the game fun... Because in the long run if people are having fun they will talk and then more people will have fun, and guess what sooner or later those people having fun will spend some money... What you are doing now is going to end in a serious drop in players a few more weeks down the line. Then we get the new/returning players coming back half way through the Nightwave, how do you think they are going to react to no alerts and no chance of getting those nightwave rewards? Think they will stick around? Im only playing till payday then its off to buy something new instead of giving you money, why, bcause you expect us to work a hundred times harder to get the things we used to on alerts and I hate the stress of this time limited nightwave.

Just let us do them at our own pace and don't reset/move onto the next until we reach rank30 and bring back alerts!

So simple and it would make so many happy again.

9 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

I don't believe you, based on the baseless claims you made.

Not baseless. Maybe in your terms. We interpret things differently, but I'll spare you some time and won't try to derive it for you from where I come since it is very obvious you don't really care what and why I think about the topic here. Please stop calling me a liar and just leave it as it is.

9 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

"Speculating out of your armchair" is a pretty common English expression, but if English isn't your native language then I can let it slide.

Not my native language for sure but I usually google for things so this one I knew. I was just making fun of your statement and turning it back on you. 🙂
(This particular 'sense' of mine I developed due to the very simple fact I work with native English speakers all day long...Before you start calling me a liar again kind sir.)

Peace btw. But I'd really appreciate you leaving me alone and stop flaming.

7 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

im just gonna say this again no reason to do away with alerts they still served a purpose plain and simple you should never remove a feature unless its not needed anymore the alerts where good for new players and those who dont have all the time int he world to play night wave could of been added without losing them removing alerts tells newerr players your not welcome unless you want to dedicate your life to warframe and tells casual players to GTFO we dont need you its a bad look for DE and will cost them many players in the end just do the right thing DE bring back alerts and dont tell me they cant coexist with the nightwave when the last gift of the lotas ones did just fine do the right thing before its to late

the reason is simple

many players missed out on important stuff that was only available in alerts

you had to be lucky enough to be playing the game during the hour or so that the thing you needed was up as an alert reward

this way, everybody has a shot at corrosive projection or whatever

i guess you'd be mad if you happened to be one of the lucky ones who got the right alerts at the right time, but for others it's better to be able to work towards stuff over time

it also helps DE to push people toward different kinds of content in Warframe with the challenges

12 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

But the frames and weapons you need the nitain to build can be bought...

Once again found my self logging in just to log back out again today, didnt even bother getting my standing with the Ventkids something I enjoyed. Yup think Nightwave has swiftly ended my love for this game.

Same.

What a boring game it has become. The event was repetitive but ok, I completed it 'cause it was the only actual thing I liked to play. I'm still playing my own way with the help of syndicate missions and something random but meh 😐 I checked out the Nigthing challenges but I don't want to complete any of them and prefer to play a different game or watch a movie or a series. 😕

20 minutes ago, Domrond said:

it also helps DE to push people toward different kinds of content in Warframe with the challenges

It does but it actually should not! First, mastery points already do that. Someone who is on the way progressing mastery will get through all content of the game, all quests, all weapons, all warframes etc.

Then, either after they gained all the mastery or halfway through, they'll find some content they really enjoy. For some people it's tridolons. For some it's orb hunting, for some it may be fishing or kubrow breeding, ESO, w/e. At that point they have a complete overview of all the content available in warframe (which is a lot as we all know) and they know what they really enjoy doing every day in warframe.

Now disturbing that really entertaining process with forcing people to re-visit old content they already went through (because seriously, new players and beginners can't be "pushed" to do tridolons, sorties or 1h kuva survivals without life support) feels like DE force-feeding us stale beer. You might be lucky that the challenge forces you to do stuff you like. But because of the amount of content in warframe, the chances for that are low. One challenge may be fun, but for the rest people will just go "Ugh, lets get over with it".

For veteran players that might be fine because they don't have anything else to do in the game, but for people still progressing in the game, they have weapons to rank up, quests to do, warframes to master, planets to unlock. Adding a daily nightwave grind will kill any fun they have doing that.

Nightwave is fun in concept but bad in execution.

1) Rewards vs effort/time

300 wolf credits for entirety of the first season/series? I won't call the gameplay itself as grinding as some of the tasks can be done fast, like log in, do 3 missions (which can take around 30 minutes, except for that 1 hour survival nonsense), then log out and you are done for a day. But 300 is not a lot. You have to choose between the cosmetics, or an orokin catalyst or reactor, which you need if you are new player. Nitain, which you need if you are a new player. All those alert-only mods, that you need as a new player, and you get Wolf Credits on average about 50 per week if you keep up with the tasks. As someone who has built almost everything and has little use for Nitain, several spare alert-only mods and potatoes lying around, I can feel a bit comfortable where I am and just work towards the Saturn Six Syandana and Armor, but to all new players, this system is a large time-gate and possibly grind wall. Overall, this slows down the ability to get these things as opposed to the old alert system. if you are a new player perhaps playing during a holiday season during the old alert system, you could make good progress with getting many alert-only mods and quite a decent number of free potatoes and forma, and nitain, and all the helmets without choosing between one or the other. Now that progress is slower with limited wolf credit earnings.

2) Tasks assigned

So several weeks in and we have a rough sampling of the tasks. Some are simple killing things. Others can force people to do things they do not like, e.g. scanning synthesis targets, mining, fishing. I know people that play Warframe NOT for these things, but to enjoy the slashing, the spin to win, the 4 to nuke, and some just enjoy gun play and don't use abilities - point being there is a demographic that didn't sign up to Warframe to be forced to do all these miscellaneous nonsense and came for the core looter shooter experience. Putting these miscellaneous things as tasks can irritate such people. For me, I kinda don't mind them all, so I do all of them. I also like archwing and sharkwing. I am just waiting for a task to say "Do 3 spy missions in Uranus" or "Complete 5 archwing missions", which I personally will enjoy doing, but I can imagine the salt on the forums for that week.

3) No reason to play the game after you are done with your tasks

This is the biggest issue with the system. Once I am done with the tasks for the day or the week. I can ignore Warframe until the next refresh for the tasks. This system has effectively reduced my overall play time versus the old system of Alerts. Sure, I can try hunting the Wolf himself, but the way he spawns and drops loot is RNG upon RNG levels of grind, way beyond the levels of opening relics and killing bosses for Warframe BP drops, so... it's somewhat discouraging to attempt farming the Wolf. 

10 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

it blows my mind that a game developer would deliberately sabotage their own game i mean we see it all the time in the gaming world but still why do that what purpose does it serve

I've seen it before with 'Firefall',. an excellent game (once) that ended up alienating its playerbase and killed itself, due to changes made by devs, changes made mainly at the behest of the owners/financers, and I see Warframe following exactly the same pattern.

24 minutes ago, Syq111 said:

I seriously worried that u getting burned out and once brilliant game falls to level of EA games

I usually don't go into quick solutions & conclusions when DE comes out with something new that messes up the still water, but this thing here I'm worried about too from time to time.
I still tend to give them time to make the new alert system more appealing for all the ones that are having issues with it, but I can't help the idea that history always proves itself: short term money and benefits always win over being passionate about your own product and thinking about a long, sustainable roadmap.

I can only hope that is not the case here. Let's just give DE some time, hopefully they figure out something and listen to all of you. Change is always painful at first. That is pretty basic and true.
Personally I'm happy with this but still give credit to some of the concerns here too. It is hard if you think it through because, on the other hand they truly need money to upkeep and develop, from where we are it is hard to say when and how much. I hope they manage to find the balance.
It is also a free to play game and we are talking about giving us exclusive and plat - worth things for nothing else but our time. On longer term you can get more out of this system, you just have to keep playing. It is also true that the more you can get, the more you have to play with it. Kinda feels like a 'job', yes, but I can only trust DE they will make the calls that benefits us both.

The Wolf is a Myth... :angry:

I encountered him once on the first or second day while playing a Kuva survival, killed him and dropped crap...

After that, nothing... zero, zip, zilch, nada, never appeared again.

Stalker on the other side? We became best friends these days. We did almost 1/3 of the missions together last week (a bit exaggerating but still...). Stalker suddenly remembered all the bosses me and my friends killed in the past, so he decided to be a member of our squad on all those missions.

Rigged RNG mechanics?

I'm now sure I'm not getting that Wolf Sledge unless they put it in the Cred Market or something.

18 hours ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Hahaha, complete 5 sorties which literally requires you to play the game at least five days this week. And today's sortie? Hades, the Ambulas assassination mission, shotguns only. Incredible. Also, wasn't there an elite challenge just last week to do a single sortie mission? I don't... understand.

5 sorties in a bit much If you ask me. A bit to many meme weeklies this week.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

The Wolf is a Myth... :angry:

I encountered him once on the first or second day while playing a Kuva survival, killed him and dropped crap...

Stalker on the other side? We became best friends these days. We did almost 1/3 of the missions together last week (a bit exaggerating but still...). Stalker suddenly remembered all the bosses me and my friends killed in the past, so he decided to be a member of our squad on all those missions.

Rigged RNG mechanics?

I'm now sure I'm not getting that Wolf Sledge unless they put it in the Cred Market or something.

Killed Wolf 5 times now, no parts just a tempo royal.

Dont get me started on Stalker, that morron of boss havent drop war yet for me after stupied amount of kills.

38 minutes ago, Rallarman said:

5 sorties in a bit much If you ask me. A bit to many meme weeklies this week.

On the very first rotation there was an elite task: "Complete a Sortie with a friend/clanmate".

A lot of people here were yelling that the friend aspect is bs and they want it solo (because forming sentences like "LF friend for a weekly task "X" in the recruit chat is apparently hard)

Now they have it solo! Just 5 times! (results in a 2,5 hours of active gameplay anyway)

Be careful what you wish for.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

Rigged RNG mechanics?

I had similar experiences. In the first few days of nightwaves i encountered him twice (dropping nothing). But since then i got flooded with G3, Zanuka and Stalker over and over again i can't even count it anymore. Especially on the double affinity weekend i used a lot of forma, probably did 100 missions that weekend. The wolf didn't show up once.

Idk if it's rigged (ehm, wolf sledge prices are ~1000 plat, plat purchases going up already?) but they said his spawn rate will increase over time, maybe that's bugged and the spawn rate gets lower and lower? Would not surprise me...

Archived