Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, Athizea said:

This guy, on the other hand, spawns a lot lately!

I think they've increased his spawn chance in order for people to get more Wolf.

Wolf is an Assassin, so he can't spawn along Zanuka / G3 / Stalker.

They've ramped the numbers for the original 3, drained all our marks and now if anybody shows - it's definitely the Wolf.

That could be seen from the first days. Sweet move by DE - shame only a few noticed it.

Also I find it a bit hard to acquire an assassin mark of any kind lately, don't you think?

1 minute ago, Morelle said:

Also I find it a bit hard to acquire an assassin mark of any kind lately, don't you think? 

G3 and Zanuka are kinda reliable to get, in fact, I have both Zanuka and Stalker marks right now, and the last time I did Invasions against Corpus was a week ago! So, Zanuka never showed up, but Stalker is always there, dropping Dread, as always. 

WIth the Wolf, it's kinda shady. We're told we'll meet him more often as the event progresses, but no actual numbers, nothing. It's RNG on top of RNG.

4 minutes ago, Athizea said:

We're told we'll meet him more often as the event progresses

2 possibilities:

1. They are yet to come up with a mission that will let to meet him reliably often.

2. They already know what's it going to be and just don't want to spoil the surprise.

In any case - I'm the type of guy who goes after the story and I see it developing. I do have strokes like "I Absolutely Require A Brakk In My Arsenal" from time to time, but those fade out quickly.

This is one of the reasons I tend to fly off the handle on topics like this one - people want ALL the items in the game and they want them NOW. I just don't get it.

5 minutes ago, Morelle said:

people want ALL the items in the game and they want them NOW

If you read this thread, you'll see that most of the people, who are upset with the removal of alerts, are concerned that there are not enough Wolf credits to buy weapon blueprints, Nitain and auras - things that are essential for a new player - where with the old system they could have it all in a shorter period of time and didn't have to grind their way through the ranks to get them.

8 minutes ago, Athizea said:

weapon blueprints, Nitain and auras

Auras are a bit of a fair point, yet I've been waiting for my first [Energy Siphon] for a couple MONTHS. Also in my subjective opinion people don't use auras outside of the META ones. I don't see people using [Infested Impendance] in the Infested Interception arbitrations all that much and that (with the whole squad) would trivialize it. Maybe it's just my luck though. Still - I understand the value of an Aura here. 14 points are 14 points.

Weapon blueprints - there were 9 available, the majority of early free weapons are obtainable through junctions and quests.

Nitain - required you to sit there and wait for it, dropped 4 times a day if I recall correctly. So it would take you 40 days of uninterrupted access to get 160 pieces to build everything in the game. Now - 3 wolf-cred prizes can be spent to buy 50 pieces. Though it may take a bit longer to acquire all the nitain in the galaxy - it's far more reliable.

The Nightwave was there for 3 weeks or so and in the beginning you never have enough of everything. Maybe it's just me though.

3 minutes ago, Morelle said:

MONTHS

Here:

Now, if we exclude cosmetics and potatoes, it'll be 1385 Wolf creds, so with 300 Wolf creds every 10 weeks, a completely new player will need to spend 50 weeks completing challenges.
It's a year.

As a general feedback, I believe [DE]Steve commented in a recent devstream that they didn't think events, especially when tied to a reward weapon that gives MR points is a good idea going forward.  Both Steve and Rebb said that time-sensitive events in the past have caused some grieve when people missed them owing to life, work, vacations, etc and they were hoping to avoid that (I'll link the exact devstream when I can find it).

When I think of it, Nightwave is just one long, dragged out event requiring lots of commitment, the antithesis of what they just said in the devstream. Sure it doesn't have any new exclusive MR weaponry and the biggest new thing you would miss out is arguably Umbral Forma which I suppose is 'non-essential' to many.

Then there is operation Buried Debts which rewards Opticor Vandal, another operation/event.  Sigh, I wish they wouldn't give us hope like that and then just turn around and do the opposite. I don't oppose events, but can't always be there when they happen.

10 minutes ago, Morelle said:

That's about the time it took me to get everything from the alerts alone. And I've been grinding hardcore for the first 2 months.

Were you playing during said year every week for quite a bit of time, because you absolutely had to do this and that and that other thing for an hour?

Also, what do you mean by "everything"? Everything including cosmetics or just auras and blueprints?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

When I think of it, Nightwave is just one long, dragged out event requiring lots of commitment

Picked as a general quote.

Speaking of commitment though - they may still tweak the numbers. Introduction of Syndicates? Or, more recently - PoE launch?

+ right now they have their hands full with the new Big Spider fight, I believe.

Perhaps they could've waited with the Nightwave. Or, perhaps, it was a milestone for something else?

My first question still stands. Did you play every week?

On a side note, that's quite some time (or I'm extraordinarily lucky), because I got my 45th login reward today, and all I missed from the alerts was a part of Vauban, one weapon and 4 or 5 auras. I'm not counting Nitain, because I'm pretty afraid to count how many things I have yet to build with it.

@[DE]Rebecca
Can we get some statistics how many people have completed the 1st and 2nd week Elite alerts?

For me it feels a bit unrewarding doing 60 mins survivals or this weeks complete 5 sorties for 5k points while the others can be finished in 5 mins and result the same standing.
The Hydrolist (kill/cap) was a though one but that was kind of an elite which you could complete in 20 mins but taking the 60 mins survival was just too much. Yes it gets harder after like 40 mins but you are bored to death by that time (without the game giving any higher tier rewards) and for this week the 5 day sortie completion alert is a gamble you may do a day in 10-15 mins or you could spend 30+ mins depending on the mission type and if you add it up results that you need to spend more then an hour to get that one.

My suggestions:
Daily: I think those are fine for 1k but should be at least 3 day (every 4-6-8 hours). Easily can be finished in less then 5 mins.
Weekly normal: Should take 5-15 mins to complete. (from 0 to get the standing)
Weekly elite: Should take 20-30 mins to complete. (from 0 to get the standing)
All should give a % when expires but the alert is not fully completed. For example: You could only do 4 sorties which is 80% of the total was required so you get 4k points when the timer runs out on that alert.

Also the Wolf creds needs to be bumped up a little or capturing should result some next to the standing or we should have a chance to choose 50x creds rather then the next reward in the list.

2 minutes ago, Athizea said:

My first question still stands. Did you play every week?

By "hardcore 2 months" I mean from dawn till dusk. I have a rather seasonal job, so I have that kind of opportunity in early spring.

3 minutes ago, Athizea said:

On a side note, that's quite some time (or I'm extraordinarily lucky),

I think I wasn't going too much for it. Except for that damn [Energy Siphon] -_-

2 minutes ago, Morelle said:

I have a rather seasonal job, so I have that kind of opportunity in early spring.

So, your statement about not being able to play for ~5-6 months is true.
With Nightwave, this year of weekly challenges would have turned into two years for you. 

3 minutes ago, PETI258 said:

taking the 60 mins survival was just too much

That's one I can agree with. Because no one deserves that except from John Prodman - the Man, the Myth, the Legend.

Also it kills off a social aspect a bit. Because once you've been through it - you never want to do it again. Any way - not healthy. You have a reminder about "one hour" there, if you remember 😃

8 minutes ago, PETI258 said:

All should give a % when expires but the alert is not fully completed.

That's too much. Can't do it - don't do it.

I'm not sure about your stand about the "time necessary to complete" since it's a rather subjective topic. Also this whole thing about "weekly should take 10-15 minutes to complete" - that's not how "weekly" works. I get it - you want to be able to do this all on Sunday morning and be fine but that's what would make the system extremely casual. And you don't want casual. A fine example of game that became too casual - League of Legends.

Your idea can be viable but your numbers are the rookie numbers - pump those up.

33 minutes ago, PETI258 said:

@[DE]Rebecca
Can we get some statistics how many people have completed the 1st and 2nd week Elite alerts?

Also the Wolf creds needs to be bumped up a little or capturing should result some next to the standing or we should have a chance to choose 50x creds rather then the next reward in the list.

I doubt we'll ever see stats on that. I assume that would not shed a good light on it.

Totally agree on the wolf creds. I still can't get over the fact that the Wolf himself does not drop any. I'd say out of everything in the game, HE should be the biggest source of the creds that are literally named after him.

6 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

HE should be the biggest source of the creds that are literally named after him.

Or it is a currency, specifically implemented to reward those who aid in seeking him and his associates.

Because you know - a whole prison breaks out and grineer are not the guys who hoard credits. Think of them as of debt bonds.

I'm rather new player so i wasn't around for alerts but my main complaint is thonly the eres  not enough olf creds I've spent sll the ones i have gotten on nitian and still need alot more and then there all the aura modes you can only get with wolf creds that wont I have more for few weeks and when i finally do hve the mod one probbbaly won't even br in the shop buff for some reason aura mods in the shop change so as much as i'd lov to have like say a loot radar it's not going to happen

I now gave it a bit more time to settle and here are my suggestions (and I am sure these have been given in more or less the same way by others already, but then again...).

I miss alerts. I do not really see what was broken with them. I might have missed Nitain alerts while at work but then there were others while I played, so no big deal. I always found it entertaining to look at what alerts were up and join in on them, sure to quickly find a PUG on nodes that otherwise would be barren and empty.

No I do not find the wolf cred stuff that bad. But the challenges are most of the time tedious or boring or frustrating or not really worth the effort.

Why not reintroduce alerts but instead of giving out items make them give out wolf standing? It could be different amounts depending on the level of the alert and the amount of daily standing via alerts could be limited, but it would be an alternative way to get the standing while still maintaining the alert system and taking away the "i missed that alert, so now I have to wait for that aura mod again for weeks" frustration.

17 hours ago, Morelle said:

On the very first rotation there was an elite task: "Complete a Sortie with a friend/clanmate".

A lot of people here were yelling that the friend aspect is bs and they want it solo (because forming sentences like "LF friend for a weekly task "X" in the recruit chat is apparently hard)

Now they have it solo! Just 5 times! (results in a 2,5 hours of active gameplay anyway)

Be careful what you wish for.

The issue is timeframe you have to do it inbetween. 5 out of 7 days.

Unless they are gonna do round-robin it would be cool if weeklies timeframe would be extented. Easier for those that are away working etc to catch up.

Meaning they got much more "quest" complete when they finally got the time to play.

8 hours ago, MacDex said:

I miss alerts. I do not really see what was broken with them.

Sometimes you just want to throw out that old armoire. Might be the case here.

As for wolf creds and stuff - this whole Nightwave thing feels like it slows things down a bit, at least for a new player. And that just may be a good thing. Tweaks are to be discussed and made, perhaps, but tell me with all honesty: what is the thing that you ABSOLUTELY require from the Nightwave that will let you progress the game?

8 hours ago, Rallarman said:

The issue is timeframe you have to do it inbetween. 5 out of 7 days.

It's in the name - "weekly". Of course it's a debatable issue, but I honestly can't come up with a kind of a regular job that forbids you to spend 30 mins a day to do it, should you desire so.

I had a regular 40-hour job, I had 2days-2nights-2off schedule and now I have a seasonal job which locks me out of the game for months in a row, as I've written before.

So far - it seems ok. When this round ends - we'll see.

Archived