[DE]Rebecca

Nightwave: Series 1

Posted (edited)

I find Nightwave an interesting content to be added. It also provides the additional benefits for newbies (which I faced back when I joined):

1. Not needing to chase alerts for Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, Vauban parts, Nitian Extracts
  2.  Auras - I just realised a lot of the others (even Dead Eye, wow !) can be bought with Wolf Credits.

Some challenges are enjoyable, some ridiculous, but DE I hope that you take the feedback into consideration to make this more enjoyable.

But hey, I don't see why 99% of the alerts (except Gifts of the Lotus) have to be removed. Bring them back !!! Here's my reasons:

Nightmare mods:

Quote DE: Nightmare mods "...Will still be able to be earned by playing Nightmare Mode missions...", which is a known fact already.

Now, I understand that Nightmare missions are rarely played these days (empty public rooms) and this motivates people to play them again. But I'll have to refuse it. Getting Nightmare mods from missions is no different from a daily lottery system (and we have a lot of these already, don't we?). Here's why:

1. Choose a Nightmare mission.
  2. Complete it and get a chance to obtain the Nightmare mod, based on Level Difficulty of the mission
  3. If you don't get what you need, wait for the planet's Nightmare mission to refresh (which takes 8 hours or 1 day, I'm not sure).

Nightmare Alerts reward players specific Nightmare Mods, which reduces the luck/RNG factor. I recall going through a lot of Nightmare missions for my mods (Animal Instinct, Drifting Contact, Lethal Torrent) and end up getting them from Alerts, not missions. I don't want people to go through the same grind just for one measly Animal Instinct.

Resources (including Kavat Genetic Codes, Traces):

I know beginners, me included when I just started that require only specific resources. Surely with these alerts popping out I could have completed them and receive what I want,  right? Well, they are removed...sorry newbies, y'all gotta grind out that few hours of kavat scanning. Good luck ! 

Weapons

I have tried and tested all of the weapons from alerts, they are mostly, if not all somewhat "Mastery Rank fodder". Relegating them into Nightwave-exclusive is kind of bad because, I rather save my Wolf Creds for Catalysts/Reactors, Vauban parts, Auras, Nitian Extracts and I won't have anything left to spare. I have already used these weapons but what about the new players who have yet to test them? Take out their Wolf Creds for these instead of Catalysts and Reactors? Not worth it.

Edited by Supern00b7
typo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Thats hardly bad design btw it told me what I was getting and what I needed todo, and with that type of conclusion how can you say Nightwave's better its just random tasks, with less direction, less rewards and more work, only extra thing is the annoying woman who won't shut up and keeps telling me how Im getting rewarded or how asking if im feeling that tickle, and no, not anymore.

I dont play invasions because I dont need detron or fieldron I needed a lot of the stuff on alerts and the odd time a good invasion pops up I do it as well....

Btw I never once asked for a taxi and if you don't like people rushing it was easy enough to turn it to a friends only session removing that issue, and ofcourse people were desperate for that nitian, without it you can't make half the good stuff. Why do you think people are doing Nightwave btw, its not because its fun its for the rewards.

If you want your MR you need to build all the items regardless if they are good not, even if its just to throw them in the bin once you've ranked it up. So it doesn't really matter if you know what is good or not.

Wow... I say applepie, you say truck. Bad DESIGN does not necessarily mean bad FUNCTIONALITY. Please dont forget that all things have SEVERAL aspects to them.

The Alert system is absolutely devoid of any immersion, background or universe-building. It had no meaning in the game systematic, style or functionality besides giving us hard-to-get-stuff and occasionally handing out a gift from the lotus. YES you want Nitain, we got that. Obviously you also claim that people NEED to grab 47 Aura mods. But that is not the case.

But it is pointless debating any further. I already said that you have a point at arguing with the numbers, NOT with the concept of token based rewards for mostly every day activities with some stuff put in that needs some more effort over an old approach of "Hey, everybody capture a corpus informant in this here level 4-6 mission!".

If you complete the first 24 levels of Nora, you will have gathered 300 wolf cred. To build every item in the game that needs Nitain, you need to have 162 Nitain. EVERY item. On level 24 of Nightwave, you can have 100 Nitain. Knock yourself out. 4 Nitain alerts per day guaranteed, it has been, iirc, right? If you manage to grab 2 per day, it would take you 50 days to get that same amount of stuff. Can you get to rank 24 in 50 days? I would say yes.

And what else do you get if you do journey up the Nightwave ranks? 2 weapon slots (mostly a plat-only item), a free warframe slot (not aware of any non-plat way to ever get that), 40.000 Kuva, and rank 25 is an Arcane Energize, which you can sell for plat even if you dont like it. I want you to show me how you can compete with that by picking up credits, surplus Aura mods and Vauban Parts. Dont include Gifts of the Lotus. I guarantee you that DE closely monitors the amount of free Catalysts they dish out. If they feel generous, they will still find ways to give them to us.

As for the claim and counterclaim if people are more or less active now: I guess we both can agree that DE has more meaningful statistics than your our my friendslist. And if Nightwave continues, you can guess what they came to see there.

As for the Sound of the Voice: She is the sole reason I muted all transmissions in the settings, because I want her to STFU and I will take down any other Transmission to achieve that, until I can mute her individually like my obnoxious ship. And give me an idividual button for SpaceMom too!

And as for me being annoyed by people rushing the missions: Totally didnt get my point there. I will try to clarify: The Alert missions were so tedious that everybody tried their very best NOT to be spending time playing them. And while 15+ Mastery players breezed through them, low mastery players certainly didnt enjoy the ride, only did it for the rewards or to get more stuff faster. There was a massive speed and attention-given discrepancy in the missions between rushers and non-rushers, and at least from my experience, neither party enjoyed the other one.

Now it says "Kill 150 enemies with Heat", so you just play something with a lot of enemies. Like a Rift Defense.

Or one says "Do 20 finishers", so maybe you end up looking it up and learn that Ash is pretty darn good for that, and you actually learned something. While using your time to farm OTHER stuff you need anyway. Orokin Cells, money, neural sensors, plastids, polymer bundles, you name it. There is no objective way to defend the old alert over the new. Adjustments for new players need to be made. That aside, bring up arguments for number adjustments or requests for items you want to see included in the ranking system. But dont dare to tell me that from a logical or objective point of view, the old alert system had an advantage that you now lost. You tried that and so far I have to say, I am NOT convinced.

16 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

Remove Umbra Forma from rewards and never return it. You're completely putting Excal Umbra to trash bin with his unique mods. Umbra polarity should have stayed Umbra frame exlusive, great job destoying meaning behind it with this.

And... great job destorying Alert system which was meaningful even after all those years. Now, Aura mods are locked behind Cred and are insanely overpriced, poor new players, now you see DE doesn't care about you.

first the only reason i feel they put umbra forma in thier is so they can quiet those asking for new umbra frames to me Excalibur umbra was added due to the fact that prime version was founders exclusive and they wont make a second prime for everyone else

second agreed DE pretty much tells new players you dont want to play our way then go play something else its a bad look for this game

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, random__noob said:

Wow... I say applepie, you say truck. Bad DESIGN does not necessarily mean bad FUNCTIONALITY. Please dont forget that all things have SEVERAL aspects to them.

The Alert system is absolutely devoid of any immersion, background or universe-building. It had no meaning in the game systematic, style or functionality besides giving us hard-to-get-stuff and occasionally handing out a gift from the lotus. YES you want Nitain, we got that. Obviously you also claim that people NEED to grab 47 Aura mods. But that is not the case.

But it is pointless debating any further. I already said that you have a point at arguing with the numbers, NOT with the concept of token based rewards for mostly every day activities with some stuff put in that needs some more effort over an old approach of "Hey, everybody capture a corpus informant in this here level 4-6 mission!".

If you complete the first 24 levels of Nora, you will have gathered 300 wolf cred. To build every item in the game that needs Nitain, you need to have 162 Nitain. EVERY item. On level 24 of Nightwave, you can have 100 Nitain. Knock yourself out. 4 Nitain alerts per day guaranteed, it has been, iirc, right? If you manage to grab 2 per day, it would take you 50 days to get that same amount of stuff. Can you get to rank 24 in 50 days? I would say yes.

And what else do you get if you do journey up the Nightwave ranks? 2 weapon slots (mostly a plat-only item), a free warframe slot (not aware of any non-plat way to ever get that), 40.000 Kuva, and rank 25 is an Arcane Energize, which you can sell for plat even if you dont like it. I want you to show me how you can compete with that by picking up credits, surplus Aura mods and Vauban Parts. Dont include Gifts of the Lotus. I guarantee you that DE closely monitors the amount of free Catalysts they dish out. If they feel generous, they will still find ways to give them to us.

As for the claim and counterclaim if people are more or less active now: I guess we both can agree that DE has more meaningful statistics than your our my friendslist. And if Nightwave continues, you can guess what they came to see there.

As for the Sound of the Voice: She is the sole reason I muted all transmissions in the settings, because I want her to STFU and I will take down any other Transmission to achieve that, until I can mute her individually like my obnoxious ship. And give me an idividual button for SpaceMom too!

And as for me being annoyed by people rushing the missions: Totally didnt get my point there. I will try to clarify: The Alert missions were so tedious that everybody tried their very best NOT to be spending time playing them. And while 15+ Mastery players breezed through them, low mastery players certainly didnt enjoy the ride, only did it for the rewards or to get more stuff faster. There was a massive speed and attention-given discrepancy in the missions between rushers and non-rushers, and at least from my experience, neither party enjoyed the other one.

Now it says "Kill 150 enemies with Heat", so you just play something with a lot of enemies. Like a Rift Defense.

Or one says "Do 20 finishers", so maybe you end up looking it up and learn that Ash is pretty darn good for that, and you actually learned something. While using your time to farm OTHER stuff you need anyway. Orokin Cells, money, neural sensors, plastids, polymer bundles, you name it. There is no objective way to defend the old alert over the new. Adjustments for new players need to be made. That aside, bring up arguments for number adjustments or requests for items you want to see included in the ranking system. But dont dare to tell me that from a logical or objective point of view, the old alert system had an advantage that you now lost. You tried that and so far I have to say, I am NOT convinced.

I never complained about nightwave rewards, and I dont want that removing, I just want to see the Alerts return, done debating anyways think everyone is already got there feet firmly planted on whatever side they are on I just can't see any reason why we can't have the best of both worlds and let us all enjoy the game how we like.

Posted (edited)

So far, I'm enjoying the new system with a few caveats...

1) While the old system required being around at the right time, overall it was much easier to get stuff even though it might be random. I think the wolf cred thing is a nice idea, HOWEVER, we are often left a few credits away from being able to buy something... and we will most likely end up having some credits laying around at the time they expire. If nothing else, it would be nice to have a 1 credit item we can buy, perhaps some crappy crafting material like alloy plate or something.

2) The influx of wolf creds is a bit slow. Not that I'm saying they should pour in like crazy, but it would be nicer to have the reward track trickle in some wolf creds at each level interspersed with the wolf cred level rewards with a larger wolf cred "jackpot" (as it currently does)...

3) I've run a ton of missions, and I've only had the Wolf spawn once, and he didn't even drop anything when I killed him. And I mean nothing. Maybe was a bug? Dunno. I ended up teabagging his corpse in frustration. 😉 I know the spawn rate is supposed to be low and rise as time goes on, but this is crazy low...

4) It's nice not being taunted with useless alerts such as Vauban part alerts/cosmetic skin alerts for those of us who already had them, but it was ALSO nice to be able to stock up on Nitain and Synthula and other rare resources more than is possible with the current system. Perhaps invasions can be tasked with this as an occasional additional source of the resources above using wolf creds. Support Corpus for Nitain, support Grineer for Synthula or Kuva, etc.

5) 60 minutes is a long time to be in a mission. Sure I sometimes go for a 60+ minute mission to farm some resource or another, but as a default mission requirement, perhaps the elite weekly should be 30 minutes? 60 minutes can be kind of boring to be doing one specific thing. What's next? Elite weekly: Harvest 20,000 cryotic in Excavation mode level 30 or higher...? 🙂

6) Remove the "with a friend or clanmate" requirement from all of the tasks. Often the people on my friends list have already done the daily/weekly by the time I can get around to doing them, or they're offline or busy, etc. And I know that clans are supposed to be a source of people to run missions with you, yadda yadda, but I've found that the clan I'm in usually ignores people who ask for help, etc. unless you're like one of 10 people who dominate clan chat. 🙂 I ended up asking if I could add a rando as a friend to get this task done at the time I'm ready to do it. Granted it got me someone I can play missions with, but still, annoying.

Edited by CedarDpg
  • Upvote 1

items like Vauban can stay in wolf creds store he was a pain getting from alerts but random items like 1 nitain extract or like 100 alloy plates where great to go after but aura mods can be in both why not have a difficult alert to get the aura mods we want or if you have to wolf cred you can buy it when its on rotation in the shop still waiting for a valid reason why alerts where done away with and still waiting for someone from DE to respond and give me a valid reason

Hi

Nightwave is a nice addition to Warframe , but that what it should be, an addition. Meaning Alerts should not be removed just for 'reasons'. For those that want to get resources like Nitain Extract, Vauban pieces etc. from the Alerts, They should be able to. Wolf creds should be an alternate way to get them.

In the current climate with games like Fallout 76, Anthem. etc it is a bad move for DE to make it seem like they are following suit (Do more for Less), which is what it looks like is happening. Give the gamers a choice on how they want to acquire rewards and play how we want to.  I think the Umbral Forma is a nice addition but why was it kept from us for almost a year, and why can we only get 1?

I had fun with the Buried Debts tasks. the new Opticor is cool, I love it. I do not see Nightwave as new content. it is a season pass which if persons don't reach the level they want due to Time constraints , it is tough S****, is that what DE is telling me? To make matters worst , if you haven't spent your Wolf Cred by the season's end , you lose all of it. Why can't you save it for when you need to purchase something.

Rio has mentioned that not accepting the change is Disrespectful, but Why? DE has given us no avenue to comment or protest this change. As mentioned above let the gamers play the way they want to. I also think Umbral Forma should make an appearance in Alerts, If brought back.

Where is the New War, Rail-jack , Cool operator gear, like Jedi Robes, hoodies. non-Tennogen capes, cosmetics for Warframe .Etc ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kytro117 said:

Alerts should not be removed just for 'reasons'

Apart form being more reliable and less "time-window" oriented - server capacity. Since there are no such thing as a "respect for the artist".

I think the Umbral Forma is a nice addition but why was it kept from us for almost a year, and why can we only get 1?

Because a full set of umbral mods is way too powerful on a warframe. Especially by it's ability to nullify some downsides of corrupted mods.

I do not see Nightwave as new content.

I don't see Alert system as "content" as well.

if you haven't spent your Wolf Cred by the season's end , you lose all of it.

The season is at least 10 weeks as far as I've heard. Plenty of time for planning your investments.

Rio has mentioned that not accepting the change is Disrespectful, but Why?

Because it's a multi-stage thing, with lore and stuff. People were working on it and it needs some bloody time to unfold.

Because you're putting effort into something and people start yelling "bring the old stuff back, we don't like the new one!" without even trying to see how the thing develops.

let the gamers play the way they want to

Well let the developers develop the way they want to O_o

I also think Umbral Forma should make an appearance in Alerts, If brought back.

Yeah, stuff the Arcanes there also, if you don't mind.

Where is the New War, Rail-jack , Cool operator gear, like Jedi Robes, hoodies. non-Tennogen capes, cosmetics for Warframe .Etc ?

You little... Oh, wait - another update just finished downloading! See ya.

3 hours ago, CedarDpg said:

it would be nice to have a 1 credit item we can buy, perhaps some crappy crafting material like alloy plate or something.

Hm, wise enough. Though I'd be moving towards the things like Detonite Injector and the likes. I do understand it's a bit too much to ask, probably.

The influx of wolf creds is a bit slow. Not that I'm saying they should pour in like crazy, but it would be nicer to have the reward track trickle in some wolf creds at each level interspersed with the wolf cred level rewards with a larger wolf cred "jackpot"

Good stuff. They are different ways to do it - but yours is solid. So that new player could, say, level up in Nightwave and be immediately able to buy a single weapon.

Oh, but that brings me to the idea of a regular Syndicate lvl up! A free offering (excluding potatoes/nitain) every 1 or 2 levels. Maybe only for the first 10 levels or so. What do you think?

I've run a ton of missions, and I've only had the Wolf spawn once

There's a new transmission and all that. I think it will be fine. Also - I've got my first Despair BP after a 2000 hours mark.

It's nice not being taunted with useless alerts such as Vauban part alerts/cosmetic skin alerts for those of us who already had them, but it was ALSO nice to be able to stock up on Nitain

You overrate Nitain a bit, but the idea is nice on one hand. On the other - current rewards from invasions are also much desired. Adding anything more will just ruin the strict drop table.

60 minutes is a long time to be in a mission.

Sometimes goes like a breeze - sometimes eats your very soul away. Won't support, yet won't argue.

Harvest 20,000 cryotic in Excavation mode

If by any chance you will foreshadow this - I'm going full Liam Neeson on you.

Remove the "with a friend or clanmate" requirement from all of the tasks.

Come on, DE just wants their players to socialize a bit, like a normal human being would do. Plus it brings some delightful random encounters from time to time.

Give it a second thought 😃

• Woah 1

7 hours ago, Supern00b7 said:

sorry newbies, y'all gotta grind out that few hours of kavat scanning.

No offence, but it's an exaggeration. Also did you know that cats were favored by the ancient Egyptians? And do you know what else they favored? Tombs.

14 minutes ago, Morelle said:

Oh, but that brings me to the idea of a regular Syndicate lvl up! A free offering (excluding potatoes/nitain) every 1 or 2 levels. Maybe only for the first 10 levels or so. What do you think?

Come on, DE just wants their players to socialize a bit, like a normal human being would do. Plus it brings some delightful random encounters from time to time.

Give it a second thought 😃

I wouldn't argue against free additional loot, though I thought the Syndicates already give you a choice from a selection of their offerings at each rank up?

As to socializing, I don't mind, I just don't want to be forced to make/guilt a friend do a mission they may have already done. Timing is often an issue when trying to get these dailies/weeklies done. I've already added a number of people to my friends list, but some can't do the harder content so that also doesn't help.

• Upvote 1

Alerts should not be removed just for 'reasons'

Apart form being more reliable and less "time-window" oriented - server capacity. Since there are no such thing as a "respect for the artist".

Nothing about removing the Alerts seems like it has improved the quality of Warframe  (It is as good as ever with the exception of a few bugs), the change metaphorically speaking is to throttle XP progression. They could have increased the window for alerts, or they could make the invasions a 1 mission to get the rewards like the Alerts were.

I think the Umbral Forma is a nice addition but why was it kept from us for almost a year, and why can we only get 1?

Because a full set of umbral mods is way too powerful on a warframe. Especially by it's ability to nullify some downsides of corrupted mods.

What is wrong with an OP Warframe. I like to be OP, Let me be OP.

1 hour ago,  kytro117 said: 

I do not see Nightwave as new content.

I don't see Alert system as "content" as well.

No, me neither , but One was taken away to make room for the other in the name of 'New Content'

if you haven't spent your Wolf Cred by the season's end , you lose all of it.

The season is at least 10 weeks as far as I've heard. Plenty of time for planning your investments.

Not the issue why can't we save what we have worked for.

Rio has mentioned that not accepting the change is Disrespectful, but Why?

Because it's a multi-stage thing, with lore and stuff. People were working on it and it needs some bloody time to unfold.

Because you're putting effort into something and people start yelling "bring the old stuff back, we don't like the new one!" without even trying to see how the thing develops.

I'm not yelling but the community is letting DE know that they liked the Alerts, and Please bring them back. The Lore you speak of is being drip fed to us. For the effort to complete the Nightwave the rewards are very lack luster. I mean a Sigil as a reward, if anything it should be a sigil bundle.

let the gamers play the way they want to

Well let the developers develop the way they want to O_o

They are developing the way they want to. We are giving them feedback, which we hope will be received from a place of wanting the best for Warfame, as it is intended.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CedarDpg said:

we are often left a few credits away from being able to buy something... and we will most likely end up having some credits laying around at the time they expire. If nothing else, it would be nice to have a 1 credit item we can buy, perhaps some crappy crafting material like alloy plate or something.

Very good idea imho, but maybe we can get some actually useful material that was available through alerts before, like oxium (1 wolf-cred for 100 oxium) or kavat codes (1 cred for 2 maybe). I already know that i won't be able to spend all my creds simply because there is nothing worth 5 or less wolf creds, which does not just feel like wasting, it actually is wasted.

15 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

Very good idea imho, but maybe we can get some actually useful material that was available through alerts before, like oxium (1 wolf-cred for 100 oxium) or kavat codes (1 cred for 2 maybe). I already know that i won't be able to spend all my creds simply because there is nothing worth 5 or less wolf creds, which does not just feel like wasting, it actually is wasted.

Haha, I didn't want to get TOO greedy, but yeah. I'd totally rather have oxium or something. 🙂

• Upvote 1

I've been lurking in this thread since it started and have wanted to say something about the time limitations on nightwave challenges. Myriad words bubbled up and down in the brain-pot - some eloquent, some churlish, some lofty, some downright sophomoric - but I was too busy keeping up with the challenges and my hectic work schedule to find a combination of syllables I could gel into a thoughtful critique. The last 24 hours, however, gifted me a few spare moments that I used to compose my grand treatise, which I shall now unveil.

THEY. SUCK.

More specifically, they suck suck suck suck suck suck suck!!!!!!

Yesterday, a blizzard inconsiderately broke a lot of useful infrastructure thingies in my city, and though our power was restored in five hours, Xbox Live hasn't worked here since. Whatever lines of communication our internet service monopol... er, Comcast... uses to connect with the service are doing a poor job of communicating. For everyone I've talked to, it's the same story: NAT type unknown, Social and Gaming features limited. Limited? More like nonexistent.

As someone who can't solo sorties (yet) but likes to DO sorties and wants to complete this week's ill-designed sortie challenge, my levels of disenchantment are rising exponentially with each passing hour. I missed last night's sortie because I couldn't connect. I'm about to miss tonight's sortie because I still can't connect. If Xbox Live remains down tomorrow, I can kiss the challenge - and 5k rep points - goodbye. You know what else might disappear? The rep points for the other weekly challenges, because I spent my VERY limited weeknight playtime on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday running sorties for a reward that might be unobtainable now. Unobtainable through no fault of my own. I have the time, the gear, the desire to reach the finish line, and an activity I enjoy, but all I might get out of this week's nightwave is the shaft.

So, DE, can we PLEASE lose the arbitrary, oppressive, enthusiasm-crushing challenge deadlines?! Life isn't perfect, and we shouldn't have to lose rewards because of our personal inability to command Earth's tempestuous skies.

Pretty please? Thank you!

Please?

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, (XB1)TenFootBunny said:

I've been lurking in this thread since it started and have wanted to say something about the time limitations on nightwave challenges. Myriad words bubbled up and down in the brain-pot - some eloquent, some churlish, some lofty, some downright sophomoric - but I was too busy keeping up with the challenges and my hectic work schedule to find a combination of syllables I could gel into a thoughtful critique. The last 24 hours, however, gifted me a few spare moments that I used to compose my grand treatise, which I shall now unveil.

THEY. SUCK.

Yesterday, a blizzard inconsiderately broke a lot of useful infrastructure thingies in my city, and though our power was restored in five hours, Xbox Live hasn't worked here since. Whatever lines of communication our internet service monopol... er, Comcast... uses to connect with the service are doing a poor job of communicating. For everyone I've talked to, it's the same story: NAT type unknown, Social and Gaming features limited. Limited? More like nonexistent.

As someone who can't solo sorties (yet) but likes to DO sorties and wants to complete this week's ill-designed sortie challenge, my levels of disenchantment are rising exponentially with each passing hour. I missed last night's sortie because I couldn't connect. I'm about to miss tonight's sortie because I still can't connect. If Xbox Live remains down tomorrow, I can kiss the challenge - and 5k rep points - goodbye. You know what else might disappear? The rep points for the other weekly challenges, because I spent my VERY limited weeknight playtime on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday running sorties for a reward that might be unobtainable now. Unobtainable through no fault of my own. I have the time, the gear, the desire to reach the finish line, and an activity I enjoy, but all I might get out of this week's nightwave is the shaft.

So, DE, can we PLEASE lose the arbitrary, oppressive, enthusiasm-crushing challenge deadlines?! Life isn't perfect, and we shouldn't have to lose rewards because of our personal inability to command Earth's tempestuous skies.

Please?

honestly the sortie challenge makes no sense, run 1 sortie is 5k and 5 is also 5k lmao and kill 100 eximus is also 5k , but running 8 bounties is 3k..

PS tridolon also 5 k .. 1sortie = tridolon ?? lmao

Edited by 98Octane
forgot to add
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, (XB1)TenFootBunny said:

THEY. SUCK.

Please?

I understand your current frustration. Very well, actually. However, I can promise you that in hindsight, you will learn that this delay in you aquiring the standings will not matter as much as you think it does now. For the full 30 levels, you will need 300k of standings. Assuming you can play on 3 days of the week, you should be able to get about 5k in only daily quests per week. Thats already 50k. Then assuming you manage to do one elite per week, and 5 of the weekly challenges, you are already at 200k more. Level 25 is guaranteed, if you put at least some effort into it. More is quite likely. I mean, that is assuming you manage to do only one of the elite quests per week, and you never run into any Convicts, and you dont do all of the weekly challenges either. I assume a decent amount of players that actually want to will exceed the level 30, and start to earn just wolf creds after that. Should be plenty of catalysts, Nitain and skins after that...

16 hours ago, kytro117 said:

Nothing about removing the Alerts seems like it has improved the quality of Warframe

If you can't grasp the concept of "capacity" - let's just not argue about it. I could comment on each and every of your other statements, but that will just pollute the thread, peace.

5 hours ago, 98Octane said:

tridolon also 5 k .. 1sortie = tridolon ?? lmao

Sortie requires you to complete certain quests and have certain nodes open. Also a basic knowledge of damage and mission types. Also there's no time limit for Sortie missions. Putting it easy - sorties can be completed without a single Forma in your equipment.

Tridolon requires you to have a specific equipment at the very least - and I'm talking about just killing it. Try to form a squad with 4 Mote Amps, no Formas on either frames or weapons, and then just kill the guy in a 50-minute window.

The effort differs, as you can see.

16 hours ago, CedarDpg said:

I thought the Syndicates already give you a choice from a selection of their offerings at each rank up?

Most certainly - that's where the thought came from. Apologies for my English, if it was confusing 😃

16 hours ago, CedarDpg said:

I've already added a number of people to my friends list, but some can't do the harder content so that also doesn't help.

Yeah, that's definitely a downside to it -_- Well - that's a "matter of personal taste" question, and I'm struggling with the very same things you're pointing out.

15 hours ago, TheFBD said:

as available through alerts before, like oxium (1 wolf-cred for 100 oxium) or kavat codes (1 cred for 2 maybe)

Where do I sign for that? Although I'd go with 1WC... dammit, this game has no tolerance for abbreviations... 1 Wolf Cred for 50 Oxium (the spawn rate of Ospreys is waaaay higher than it was in the times of me crafting my first Grattler) and 1WC for 1 Kavat code.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Morelle said:

Where do I sign for that? Although I'd go with 1WC... dammit, this game has no tolerance for abbreviations... 1 Wolf Cred for 50 Oxium (the spawn rate of Ospreys is waaaay higher than it was in the times of me crafting my first Grattler) and 1WC for 1 Kavat code.

Yeah, maybe that sounds more reasonable. I was expecting to lose at least 5 wolf creds at the end of the season because there is nothing to buy for that. Getting 250 oxium is still less than the removed 300 oxium alerts gave us though. But one could choose to invest 50 credits into that, that'd be a lot.

On the other hand, if someone gets to 50 wolf creds, he did a lot of missions for nightwave to get there.
Most likely more that he would've done getting the same amount through alerts.

sooo gift from the lotus alerts pop up for once and those are OK but you couldn't keep random alerts REALLY keeping the gift from the lotus alerts in PROVES that alerts and nightwave CAN be in the game at the same time so again tell me WHY DID YOU REMOVE ALERTS

still waiting on a valid reason and response from DE why they where removed

• Upvote 8

How DE can please everyone and fix the current issues of new players and vets:

1.) they can just put 50 wolf cred every time you rank up but increase potato cost to match the increase.

2.) more daily challenges like 5 extra dailies for newbies so 5k extra standing daily to help them rank up.

3.) make 2 extra elite challenges for 10k standing each chosen by a weekly poll given by DE for vets starting at lv 100 enemies any mission type/ tricaps.
Removing nightwave is never be possible nor alerts will be back so this is the best way to move forward for a better warframe.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

How DE can please everyone and fix the current issues of new players and vets:

1.) they can just put 50 wolf cred every time you rank up but increase potato cost to match the increase.

2.) more daily challenges like 5 extra dailies for newbies so 5k extra standing daily to help them rank up.

3.) make 2 extra elite challenges for 10k standing each chosen by a weekly poll given by DE for vets starting at lv 100 enemies any mission type/ tricaps.
Removing nightwave is never be possible nor alerts will be back so this is the best way to move forward for a better warframe.

1) That still doesn't solve the issue of straggling wolf creds which cannot be spent towards the end of the series. That would also make the wolf cred "jackpot" rank reward either require additional wolf creds, or some other reward to replace that rank reward. Otherwise it'd be like getting nothing at that particular rank up.

2) How does one determine who is a newbie? And why should only newbies have access to those? If that's the case, then elites should be for vets only. Unless you mean that there are extra dailies for everyone, in which case, having more stuff to do is always nice.

3) That sounds like a rather cumbersome solution for the event. And it would exclude a lot of people who have no wish to join the forums. I suppose they could issue a vote in the Design Council to give the Design Council more stuff to do.

Edited by CedarDpg