Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-03-12 at 7:13 PM, Athizea said:

Now, if we exclude cosmetics and potatoes, it'll be 1385 Wolf creds, so with 300 Wolf creds every 10 weeks, a completely new player will need to spend 50 weeks completing challenges.
It's a year.

u get 50 wolf creds for every rank above 30, and can get to 42 as far as i can tell and im at 13 currently on week 2, thats 4 ranks a week give or take an extra rank or 2 

300 + (12 x 50) = 900 

nitain is 15 for 5 if u buy only nitain thats 300, and u only need 165 someone was saying in this same thread i think

now assuming u got 2 a day 

10 weeks is 70 days is 140 nitain..... ur getting more then twice then nitain if u do all of the challenges and u dont even need it 

u can litterly get more nitain thne u can use 

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Spider_Enigma:

u get 50 wolf creds for every rank above 30, and can get to 42 as far as i can tell and im at 13 currently on week 2, thats 4 ranks a week give or take an extra rank or 2 

300 + (12 x 50) = 900 

nitain is 15 for 5 if u buy only nitain thats 300, and u only need 165 someone was saying in this same thread i think

now assuming u got 2 a day 

10 weeks is 70 days is 140 nitain..... ur getting more then twice then nitain if u do all of the challenges and u dont even need it 

u can litterly get more nitain thne u can use 

Yet people who need Nitain are forced to take it and miss out on other rewards like Aura Mods which they could also need, Nightwave is not bad but could still need a heavy work on already, it should had existed along Alerts simply to increase some drops like Aura's still, while those who need it desperatly can choose to give Wofl Creds.

Maybe even make Invasions more valuable again, some like me have enough Fieldron, Injectors and Masses i literally drown in it and weapon parts no one really wants at times also.

Nightwave is ok but new content it is not, just makes you do regular stuff eather to easy or to hard not worth the time or boring. Like last week, Onslaught i hate with passion, Invasions, thanks no, as said enough Fieldron, etc. 60 Min Survival without Life Support? Eather annoying as hell or boring due meta frames.

4 hours ago, Renarde-Louve said:

Wish that Wolf of saturn would appear more often, I saw him 1 time and he droped a dump mod, guess his melee will be hell to get

it seems like he hides out on different planets a day i saw him in the same mission on ceres twice yesterday so if you see him in a mission hit that one again and again and see if he shows up i could be wrong but thats what i got from it

I'm really not a fan of Nightwave as it implies long duration of not playing what you want, the random encounters are not fun to fight (the jail breakers are too easy, the wolf is a bullet sponge).

The radio speaker is fun once, but rather a nuisance after a few weeks, furthermore, the new system is not really rewarding for the time spent, except for Nitain.

About random encounters I prefered how mini-stalker were handled.

About grinding new standing, I've already gone throught same things in other games, and it always felt as a chore.

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 2:37 PM, CedarDpg said:

1) That still doesn't solve the issue of straggling wolf creds which cannot be spent towards the end of the series. That would also make the wolf cred "jackpot" rank reward either require additional wolf creds, or some other reward to replace that rank reward. Otherwise it'd be like getting nothing at that particular rank up.

2) How does one determine who is a newbie? And why should only newbies have access to those? If that's the case, then elites should be for vets only. Unless you mean that there are extra dailies for everyone, in which case, having more stuff to do is always nice.

3) That sounds like a rather cumbersome solution for the event. And it would exclude a lot of people who have no wish to join the forums. I suppose they could issue a vote in the Design Council to give the Design Council more stuff to do.

1.)why not just spend the wolf cred before it ends since all the rewards will be continueto be the same items like baro -_- or change it to nightwave cred that can be spent anytime

2.) by newbie I say easy missions that they or anyone can complete.

3.) or just ADD 2 random elite challenges

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Yet people who need Nitain are forced to take it and miss out on other rewards like Aura Mods which they could also need, Nightwave is not bad but could still need a heavy work on already, it should had existed along Alerts simply to increase some drops like Aura's still, while those who need it desperatly can choose to give Wofl Creds.

Maybe even make Invasions more valuable again, some like me have enough Fieldron, Injectors and Masses i literally drown in it and weapon parts no one really wants at times also.

Nightwave is ok but new content it is not, just makes you do regular stuff eather to easy or to hard not worth the time or boring. Like last week, Onslaught i hate with passion, Invasions, thanks no, as said enough Fieldron, etc. 60 Min Survival without Life Support? Eather annoying as hell or boring due meta frames.

But u don't need nitain from this, u can get it from gouls purge and there is alot less stuff needing it then u think there is... on top of that, u only have to spend half of the wolf creds on them to get everything done and still get auras 

U can play every 3 days and do the chalanges, and then wait for goul purge and just to get nitain and that's up for 3 days normally 

U have no excuses other then u can't get on for 2 hours every 3 days

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Spider_Enigma:

But u don't need nitain from this, u can get it from gouls purge and there is alot less stuff needing it then u think there is... on top of that, u only have to spend half of the wolf creds on them to get everything done and still get auras 

Yet tell that new players, who see nightwave, might panic even if tehy hear its limited, etc.

There are alternatives yes but still RNG wise also. Alerts were RNG but oyu got it when tehy popped, bountys you can do 20 and not get one with bad luck.

I just try to be realistic here and as said, nightwave isn't bad, but it could need work and alerts shoudl coexist along it.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Yet tell that new players, who see nightwave, might panic even if tehy hear its limited, etc.

There are alternatives yes but still RNG wise also. Alerts were RNG but oyu got it when tehy popped, bountys you can do 20 and not get one with bad luck.

I just try to be realistic here and as said, nightwave isn't bad, but it could need work and alerts shoudl coexist along it.

thats how rng works, on top of that u dont even need nitain, because most players arnt evne keeping the gear and r jsut tyring to get mr rank to say they r cool

most current players idle in exp farms, dont do any work, go to the sortie to try and get rivens, and get wrekt by chargers, while still using na unmodded rhino prime, most of these people dont even need nitain, tell me im wrong?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

1.)why not just spend the wolf cred before it ends since all the rewards will be continueto be the same items like baro -_- or change it to nightwave cred that can be spent anytime

2.) by newbie I say easy missions that they or anyone can complete.

3.) or just ADD 2 random elite challenges

1) Say you have 10 wolf creds... And the cheapest thing is 15 wolf creds... What are you going to spend it on? 3 out of a 5 pack of a Nitain or whatever? I don't think they break those up and besides you'd be left with 1 wolf cred. As to nightwave cred, please do tell how to do this. If we can switch wolf creds to a currency that doesn't expire, then my complaint is less pressing. Also, keep in mind, I'm on PC, and I'm assuming by the (NSW) tag in front of your name that you're playing on Switch...which means our experiences may vary.

2) If it's for anyone, then I can get behind that. I'm all for extra choice in things to do.

3) Yes, randomly generated or randomly chosen elite challenges would be most fair.

i dont get why the credits is even called wolf creds and has an expiration since from what i see only 1 thing in the shop is exclusive to the wolf of Saturn six take that out of the shop and make that one of the rewards in your tier list and everything else is just going to be in rotation so making the credit exclusive to this series makes no sense outside of the one ornament i would make it nightwave credit take the expiration off and it would be just like plat for the market or ducts for the void trader etc

18 hours ago, Morelle said:

These missions allow you to surpass a daily standing cap and provide medallions, which can be hoarded and also allow you to surpass the daily cap.

Extremely valuable on low MR.

barely but what would it hurt to have a little more incentive to play them i'd be all over them if like 5 to 15 oxium or like 100 to 200 alloy plates etc was attached to a syndicate missions just a thought help bring more fun to the game since they foolishly took alerts out and still have given zero valid reason why i don't want to hear form vet players who have everything who say alerts where not needed or whatever excuse they have new and causal players had good use for the alerts and they have yer to gibe a vaild reason or a good alternative and night wave is not it

53 minutes ago, CedarDpg said:

1) Say you have 10 wolf creds... And the cheapest thing is 15 wolf creds... What are you going to spend it on? 3 out of a 5 pack of a Nitain or whatever? I don't think they break those up and besides you'd be left with 1 wolf cred. As to nightwave cred, please do tell how to do this. If we can switch wolf creds to a currency that doesn't expire, then my complaint is less pressing. Also, keep in mind, I'm on PC, and I'm assuming by the (NSW) tag in front of your name that you're playing on Switch...which means our experiences may vary.

2) If it's for anyone, then I can get behind that. I'm all for extra choice in things to do.

3) Yes, randomly generated or randomly chosen elite challenges would be most fair.

umm look at my previous post it clearly said 50 creds.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

still waiting on the valid reason behind alerts being removed when its been proven they both can coexist

Because the development team felt that the alert system was too antiquated and too flawed to properly bring back, and instead went forward with creating a new system designed around removing the flaws of the old one.

Or in short: Because the two systems would be redundant, and increase player workload.

11 hours ago, Gunner6011 said:

you are now officially promoted from Village Idiot with Internet  and Attitude (AKA TROLL) to recently un-thaved sock-puppet account bot

Thanks, is there a collectible for me to celebrate the achievement? Also - extremely productive approach to the conversation 😉

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

It definitely could use some tweaking. But as for "coexisting" - I believe they had a reason to just wipe them off. Compatibility issues, internal resources, etc.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

most current players idle in exp farms, dont do any work, go to the sortie to try and get rivens, and get wrekt by chargers, while still using na unmodded rhino prime, most of these people dont even need nitain, tell me im wrong?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, CedarDpg said:

Say you have 10 wolf creds... And the cheapest thing is 15 wolf creds... What are you going to spend it on? 3 out of a 5 pack of a Nitain or whatever?

That was brought up earlier: as a possible suggestion - resource pack. 1 cred for 50 oxium, for example. Nobody was losing their mind over a 300 oxium alert, right?

1 hour ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

still waiting on the valid reason behind alerts being removed when its been proven they both can coexist

I've missed that part. Please be so kind to send me at least a list of technical specifications for DE servers, proving that they possess enough capacity to process Alerts on top of all the upcoming content. Also a research that shows absence of any conflict, code wise, between the old system an any of the new ones.

59 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

barely but what would it hurt to have a little more incentive to play them i'd be all over them if like 5 to 15 oxium or like 100 to 200 alloy plates etc

One osprey, one resource container. Go run ONE capture mission on a specific planet - and you get those just while randomly rushing through the map.

1 hour ago, Morelle said:

Please be so kind to send me at least a list of technical specifications for DE servers, proving that they possess enough capacity to process Alerts on top of all the upcoming content. Also a research that shows absence of any conflict, code wise, between the old system an any of the new ones.

So you don't even know! This excuse of Capacity is a terrible one. 

WTH, how can you even say that to players. You only can say that if we are working on or have access to the DE servers, otherwise It is not our problem!.

We are saying we want Alerts back and you are saying, sorry we broke the warframe servers? Oh and by the way DE has Capacity for : the Exploiter Orb, Nightwave, Hildyrn , Buried Debts, Gifts of the Lotus (Which is an Alert BTW, so that rules out compatibility issues). Yeah , yeah you don't have the capacity because you broke the game.

You are now blaming the players, saying they are being disrespectful, Sounds familiar , oh yeah, Destiny 2 before the Forsaken DLC. Did they get their entire Community back?. So much for DE being ethical. If looking at the trend, my guess is at Tennocon DE are going to make an announcement : Warframe Immortal for phones.

Where can I get a refund for my Tennocon ticket, NM i'll figure out. Knowing you, you'll say 'We don't have the Capacity'.

Can't Wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I hope they release it this year. 

2 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Because the development team felt that the alert system was too antiquated and too flawed to properly bring back, and instead went forward with creating a new system designed around removing the flaws of the old one.

Or in short: Because the two systems would be redundant, and increase player workload.

Are you serious? They replaced the old alert system (which was quick and snappy) with a +500% workload nightwave grind.

Doing a quick sabotage mission to get a nitain? Nope! Weeks of grinding if you can't do "elite" challenges, or do like 5 sorties and 8 bounties and 10 syndicate missions.

Doing a quick capture mission to get 300 oxium? Nope! Grind the planets for a day!

Doing a quick exterminate mission to get 5 kavat codes? Nope! Spend hours in the void looking for invisible cats.

They did not just slightly increase player workload, they multiplied it by a magnitude!

Edit: I see many players noticing this now as there is exploiter orb fight, double affinity and double credit weekend. Wanna do orb fight? Well, can't skip nightwave, increase your daily playtime. Rank some stuff with double affinity? But there is nightwave duty! Increase playtime! Get some double credits from the index? Right after you finished your nightwaves! This is getting more stressfull than any day job.

1 hour ago, Morelle said:

It definitely could use some tweaking. But as for "coexisting" - I believe they had a reason to just wipe them off. Compatibility issues, internal resources, etc.

[…]

I've missed that part. Please be so kind to send me at least a list of technical specifications for DE servers, proving that they possess enough capacity to process Alerts on top of all the upcoming content. Also a research that shows absence of any conflict, code wise, between the old system an any of the new ones.

I missed a part too: do you have a source for that, or is it just an assumption?  If that's their reason, then sure, but you're the first I've heard of any server troubles related to this, and I have difficulty imagining that the list of alerts was anywhere near that sort of drain.  And even then, it sounds like a server upgrade is in order, before they start removing enjoyable gameplay elements from the game.

As to code conflicts, how?  The two systems in question are build completely different from one another.  I'd doubt there any relation in the code, much less one that both interferes with their coexistence and can't be worked around by the programmers.  I don't see any reason to assume that this is an issue.

1 hour ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

They...really wouldn't be.  Heck, if anything they'd work wonders together because you could do half the Nighwave challenges IN Alert missions with no problems.  The only thing they share is rewards, and not even the big ones from Nightwave.  And that's not a problem.  it's a choice.  If you need Nitain or whatever, and the alert shows up, that's one less thing that you need to uncompromisingly focus on Nightwave for.  That's good.  It can serve to break the tedium of the typical grind.  That's been an important function of Alerts since their introduction.  Giving resources and even credits could keep players from JUST playing the one mission or planet for far longer than they'd enjoy it.

The only "flaw" with the Alert system was that it couldn't be counted on to consistently supply the necessary materials that were next to exclusive to it.  Which would no longer be any problem with Nightwave beside it, being a consistent, grindier source for those same rewards, freeing up Alerts to get back to providing a potential break from the tedium that is grinding for resources for players with less-than infinite patience in doing the same exact mission over and over again.  Alerts should never have been unilaterally relied upon for any singular, unique reward, but they should have, and they should still, exist.

2 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Did it remove the flaws though?

It's still time constrained, even more so if we take a hard look at it, it's more exclusionary than alerts ever were. And unlike alerts it actually divides the player base instead of congregating them. So i'd say they did a poor job...

In fact there's only one spot that overlaps between nightwave and alerts, which is the wolf creds offerings. That's the only thing that nightwave has in common with alerts.
It's less about replacing alerts with a better system, and more they didn't want to think up a new reward pool for the wolf creds system, and just shoved the alert rewards into it.

30 minutes ago, kytro117 said:

So you don't even know! This excuse of Capacity is a terrible one. 

Context, please. The guy above said "it's proven that Nightwave and Alert System can co-exist". I've asked him for a proof. 

31 minutes ago, kytro117 said:

otherwise It is not our problem!.

Wonderful stance.

33 minutes ago, kytro117 said:

Gifts of the Lotus (Which is an Alert BTW, so that rules out compatibility issues)

Because manually generating a unique mission node with a selected reward is absolutely the same as heaving a system, generating those randomly on an hourly (or so) basis.

Yes, I know that Invasions (and Nightmare nodes, and Kuva nodes) still exist. Let's assume you've got me on this one and they just wanted to get rid of the old stuff - what now?

38 minutes ago, kytro117 said:

Where can I get a refund for my Tennocon ticket

Well - if the removal of Alerts really makes you fly off the handle, despite all the other upgrades and new stuff being implemented...

Refund it. It will be bought again in a matter of minutes.

42 minutes ago, kytro117 said:

Knowing you, you'll say 'We don't have the Capacity'

We don't have the Capacity

35 minutes ago, xTerrain said:

I missed a part too: do you have a source for that, or is it just an assumption?

You've also missed the part about "Nightwave could use some tweaking". We could have come to some conclusions on that, but you want the communism and kerosine lamps alerts back.

Also yes - it was an assumption. That could be clearly seen from such phrase as "I believe". What followed were my personal possible examples that are irrelevant.

44 minutes ago, xTerrain said:

freeing up Alerts to get back to providing a potential break from the tedium that is grinding for resources

I had 3 instances of grinding for resources:

- Oxium for Grattler (when the Ospreys spawned more seldom than me getting laid)

- Polymers for Energy Restores (was right after Razorback and a "I must craft everything in the ready-to-build section")

- Cryotic for Sibear (well... yeah, I'm not entertained -_-)

Also there was a forth one - Wisps and Gems.

There were 2 Oxium alerts that actually helped.

As of now - I'm MR25. I was just playing the game most of the time. Your argument about the grind feels alien to me.

Anyway - we have different stances on the matter and I see no point in stretching this particular barking session further.

1 hour ago, xTerrain said:

They...really wouldn't be.  Heck, if anything they'd work wonders together because you could do half the Nighwave challenges IN Alert missions with no problems.  The only thing they share is rewards, and not even the big ones from Nightwave.  And that's not a problem.  it's a choice.  If you need Nitain or whatever, and the alert shows up, that's one less thing that you need to uncompromisingly focus on Nightwave for.  That's good.  It can serve to break the tedium of the typical grind.  That's been an important function of Alerts since their introduction.  Giving resources and even credits could keep players from JUST playing the one mission or planet for far longer than they'd enjoy it.

The only "flaw" with the Alert system was that it couldn't be counted on to consistently supply the necessary materials that were next to exclusive to it.  Which would no longer be any problem with Nightwave beside it, being a consistent, grindier source for those same rewards, freeing up Alerts to get back to providing a potential break from the tedium that is grinding for resources for players with less-than infinite patience in doing the same exact mission over and over again.  Alerts should never have been unilaterally relied upon for any singular, unique reward, but they should have, and they should still, exist.

Find Nightwave grind to be a problem? How about missing alerts? You miss an alert and that reward is out of rotation for a literal two week period. That was a massive flaw. Pay to sleep was the entire definition of alerts, not to mention how far said rewards were spread out across the solar system for seemingly no rhyme or reason. Nightwave and Alerts both interrupt what a player would normally be doing anyways, so I wouldn't say they broke up the tedium as much as they cut down my grind sessions for whatever my current goal is.

In addition, the only reason to ever, ever play alerts was the unique rewards. Want a Kubrow egg? Alert. Argon? Alert. Kavat? Alert. Pretty much a band aid for either A. Stupid Kubrow egg mechanics. B. Argon drop rates. C. Stupidly low cat codes. Not to mention the actual unique rewards. Who in their right mind would run alerts for credits and endo? Or how about nano spores and control modules? Alerts were mainly filler trash punctuated by occasional useful things.

Archived