Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

19 minutes ago, FallenMachariel said:

...if you couldn't have run one of the two because of a lack of friend or access to the kuva mission, would it still not be only a single hour as you wouldn't have run the other?

At the end of the day it was 2 1 hours challenges, yes if you were lucky you could of had it done in one...

And that's not my issue with Nightwave, I don't mind some tough challenges what I don't like however is DE increasing the grind, and in that one hour I could of easily done 6 alerts getting 6 rewards, not just half a Nightwave rank. Glad your enjoying it though but for me its taken a lot of the things I enjoyed away from the game making it feel more like a job than fun. I hate that if Im not fast enough or fancy a break I will loose all my progress as well, that will ultimately push me away from the game and has already stopped my friends returning as they see no point in joining half way through.

Nightwave might be some silly plan to get more consistent players logging in each day but I bet it ends in the game loosing money and players in the long run, I know Im already not giving them another penny until we get alerts back or some serious changes are made.

Alerts made me want to play more, Id go do a few bounties or void missions and check the alerts after each one, guess it was a little something to look forward to after each mission wondering if something I needed was on the list, now I am struggling to find the motivation.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

because the reaosn alerts were removed, was because not everyone could get on when the alerts were up, and alot of people could only get 1 nitain a day at most, if u do only half the standing ur still getting more nitain then u would have if u only got 1 a day, once u have enough nitain to build eveyrthing, u cna just grab literly anything els u would have missed lol

i was playing with a mr 20 a while back that didnt even know what steel charge was, thats how bad alerts were for people that didnt have an alert tracker

But you really didnt answer what the person asked, They wanted a valid reason why we can't we have both at the same time. You mentioned the reasons why the alert system needed changes but what the person was trying to get at is why can't we have both systems at one given that the infastruce for alerts still exists and is not being used by nightwave. What im sure they were getting at is that they would prefer if could have alerts for those who want to hit up and try thier luck with alerts and we can have nightwave for those who prefer gaining currency and paying for nightwave rewards. The truth is if you prefer the new nightwave because it gets rids of the random time limited gate that existed for alert rewards then thats great, but that doesn't answer why both systems can't exist simultaneously and work in union so that everybody from newbies to veterans can get stuff at a rate that they believe is fair using the method that they prefer. 

17 hours ago, Morelle said:

Every game is a time sink. The question is - if you are enjoying the process.

Unique rewards? They will return in one form or another. And if they will not - oh well.

Just make it clear for yourself: do you like to play the game, or do you want all the rewards?

P.S. Just out of curiosity: what kind of stuff could you possibly need from the alerts as a founder with over 2000$ spent?

Games are indeed a time sink. But for warframe it was a time sink i enjoyed up until recently. This is something that's honestly been building the last few patches. This of just feels like a slap in the face though.

The problem i have is the level at which the tier rewards are gated. If i take a week away from the game without logging in and grinding or the challenges (probably going to to take a few at least), it looks that there's no chance I'll be able to get to rank 30.

Up to now, every week I've had free time to get most of the challenges, but not nearly all.

If I can't get the unique items this time around, i doubt I'll be able to get them on their reintroduction without large changes to the system as a whole.

I like to play the game, I also like being rewarded for play. It kinda sounds like your asking in a way that implies those two things are self exclusive, when they really shouldn't be.

It's not about needing things from alerts, that said though, I'd pop on for nitain and the like. It's more that they got rid of a system that was working but was old and replaced witha system that punishes players who don't have a ton of free time to devote to the game.

Guys wouldn't be the easiest solution to just remove the Time Gate for the single seasons to end?

I have thought alot about the current Nightwave System and it's Pro and Con's and I think the Solution for atleast "most" of the Issues that the individual players have is pretty simple.

We have mainly two parts of Player

1. People who like nightwave because it gives them something to do -> named the Hardcores even when they maybe aren't that hardcore but just for better understanding

2. People who say that Nightwave made Warframe into a daily routine / task / chore instead of a fun game to play -> called the casuals also jsut for better understanding.

So I completely understand the Hardcores even when I am more on the casual side but acknowledge the fact that the Nightwave system provides the players with some nice rewards and atleast "something to do" and I think that is worth alot and I am happy for all the hardcores finding the time and willing to put that many hours into a single game.

Then we got the casual who moan about that the Grind for Nightwave is just to much to combine it with their actual social life and that Warframe feels like a chore now and I have to say that I totally agree with this opinion. I am stand alone single dad with maybe 1-3 evenings of free play time a week. Some weeks more. Some weeks even less. So just to make it short. No i do not have the time to complete the nightwave even when it's only at 60% and you save all the "get gud" or "get better" troll comments for yourself. I want to play other games as well and I don't want to invest all my free time into gaming or even in a single game.

So that means I understand and appreciate the new Nightwave system with it's tasks and it's rewards and I don't want to argue about that but just let's discuss about what is causing the "pressure" and feeling to be "forced to play" for all the casuals here on the forum (including me).

The point is that Nightwave Season just runs for a specific time and after that all your effort get's lost. So that means that you have to invest a specific amount of time in a fixed time frame to complete Nightwave and get all the rewards. The question is why it has to be like that?

My simple solution is to just remove the Time Gate for the single nightwave seasons. With this simple small change the hardcore player won't have to miss anything about their beloved grind system and they can grind as much and as fast as they want to get to lvl 30 and even more. So no changes for hardcores -> good..right?

And for the casuals it means that they don't feel the pressure to complete the 60% over a specific time and they can grind the Nightwave system when they want and when they can. So it's not a shame when you miss out a few weeks in between. When you login you can always continue to grind your own progess on nightwave.

DE could still start the Season 2 after the few weeks and every player get's the chance to just choose as an option to continue in season one or move further to season two.

So you can decide if you want to change to the next season or now. And no it's not a big effort for DE to let several nightwave seasons run at the same time.

PokemonGo and several other Games running their gameplay progress system or field research system run individual for every player. So that's not an argument here in my opionion.

In my head atleast that is the most perfect solution for the two big player groups and I am happy to hear your thoughts about my idea but so far I couldn't find any downside for one of the two player bases and this makes it a perfect solution. Also this should be just a small change for DE with not a lot of development power needed.

Would love to hear DE's statement for that Idead and when you agree with me please spread the message to make DE see this simple solution.

Also give us an option to mute Nora. Damn that grill is annoying as hell after a while.

I don't know if anyone from DE is still reading this thread, but my one real complaint about this system is how some of the challenges are creating an incentive to not use things in a natural way.  For example, the challenges like "socket 5 ayatans", "gild a modular", "use 3 formas" are going to create a certain level of anxiety about having enough of these things on hand all the time that we never get caught with our pants down.  I tend to be a bit of a hoarder anyway, but the frequency that these things are coming up is a little worrisome to me.  Each of these examples caught me off-guard and while I was able to grind them all out, I know it's going to shape how I approach things and it doesn't feel healthy.

hello  hy dont play warframe this last 3 month when come back nightwave in place ok hy try this news gane play .

when you finish mission why did you have to whait 5 day and 19h for a reset buy a news hone ?

why did his not reset immediately buy he news hone ?

The Nightwave system is BROKEN.....

Here's the thing at the heart of the whole debate:  They took a system that doled out rewards per mission.  Want that cool looking Nidus helmet? Do a mission when the alert is up. Miss it?  Just wait, it will come around again. Same with Nitain Extract, which happened 4 times/day and Vauban parts that were constantly on the system. Being unemployed for 2 years and playing Warframe practically all day, every day, I got used to seeing what was on the alert system.  With Nightwave, I now have to do MULTIPLE missions, rank up MULTIPLE ranks in a new "Syndicate" system just to earn the cred to now BUY those same things that I used to be able to get with a SINGLE mission.  I got to Tier 3 and got 50 cred.  Great, now I can finally buy some Nitain.  But I had to do over half a DOZEN missions and it took me OVER A WEEK to gain enough rep to hit Tier 3.  Can certain people gain rep like crazy and hit Tier 30 in 5 weeks? Sure. Is that what the majority of players can do?  No.  

So what's the solution?  The way I see it, there is only a couple of ways they can fix this.  1) Give us cred with every mission we do AND with every Tier, we rank up to.  Like 5 cred per mission and 10 per Tier, something.  That way, we're constantly getting a reward we need for every grind we have to do.  They took everything from alerts and put it behind a PAYWALL.  Then they made it so that you can only get credit for that paywall every 3-4-6 Tiers of rep in a new Syndicate.  That's simply wrong.  The only other way to fix this would be to re-institute at least partial alerts again, having both systems in place at the same time.  

This new Nightwave system is a completely different system to what the rest of Warframe is.  With everything else in WF, you grind for what you want. Do a mission, get a reward.  With Nightwave, it's more: do tons of missions and you'll eventually earn enough money to buy what you want.  It's counter-intuitive.  I think the idea behind Nightwave was that they were going to reward us for doing stuff we were already doing anyway.  But that doesn't work for the majority of players.  The alert system, while imperfect, worked for all players, hardcore or new, those who play for hours on end or just pop in for a bit.  Nightwave doesn't do that.

Right now, they need to either re-instate alerts or fix this bloody mess of a system. With the previous alert system, we had a chance of getting 4 Nitain EVERY DAY...GUARANTEED.  I didn't get all 4, every day, but I got at least a couple here and there and over time I always had enough on hand for whatever projects I needed. Occasionally, I would run into builds that required more Nitain than I had and I had to be more watchful for the alerts.  But at the same time, I was able to do other alerts for helmets, Vauban parts, etc.  Now, they've thrown EVERYTHING into one big purchasable pot and you have to do DOZENS of missions in order to rank up THREE TIERS before you get your first spec of Nitain.  What if I need the Nitain but also want 2 helmets?  Or a couple of the mods?  The Nitain will have to be in every reward table, but the mod choices have already switched up twice, along with helmets and gear.  It's just COMPLETELY ABSURD right now how you gain cred.  

You should gain cred for EVERY Nightwave rep mission you do.  You should gain cred at EVERY Tier ranking.  You should gain cred for killing the Wolf or his 3 minions.  Just a little cred here and there and then you can buy what you need/want with a REASONABLE amount of grind.  As it stands right now, I'm GRINDING FOR THINGS I DON'T WANT/NEED, how is that OK with anyone?  I don't give a crap about Glyphs or Sigils. I didn't need 2 more weapon slots or another Warframe slot.  I'd rather get stuff that's sellable for plat that I then spend on either of those like I've done the entire bloody game so far. 

Another way they could change/improve NIghtwave is to have the Tier system needs to function more like a normal Syndicate's.  As it stands right now, I have to do dozens of missions to gain rep to get through Tiers that offer rewards I neither want or need.  That is ABSURD.  The way it SHOULD work is that at each Tier, you have a choice between 3 things. And one of those 3 things should ALWAYS be cred.  In smaller amounts at the lower tiers, higher amounts at the higher tiers. And obviously, things like Umbra Forma should stay as a high tier reward. But it's completely stupid, ridiculous and borderline sadistic to make me grind through Tiers that offer rewards I don't care for.  At least with the previous alert system, I only did a mission if I wanted the reward.  Now I'm being FORCED to go through DOZENS of mission in order to earn enough rep to get high enough Tier rating to get the cred that I need to purchase the items this system is supposed to replace.  I NEED Nitain Extract.  Before, it was just a pain in the ass to get, but I was assured that there would be 4 alerts sometime during the day that offered it as a reward.  As it stands now, I've done all but 4 of the new rep missions for Nightwave and I STILL don't have enough rep to get ANY wolf cred to obtain even ONE Nitain Extract.  This is WRONG.

My perfect example is still Nitain Extract.  I need a bunch of it to build my Nekros Prime.  Before, I was at least guaranteed that there was a chance to get 4 of them PER DAY.  I need 5 to build Nekros.  So it would have taken no more than a couple of days, if I stayed logged in and paying attention for the alerts (which I was doing)

But with the NEW system, I have to do MISSION AFTER MISSION AFTER MISSION in order to rank up rep with Nightwave not to Tier 1, not to Tier 2, but all the way to Tier 3, that's 30,000 REP JUST to have my first chance at getting the stupid wolf cred so I can buy the Nitain Extract.  And it's taking me FAR more than 2 days to get the stupid rep, especially since the daily's aren't resetting, some missions don't give enough rep that they should. (since when does a Tridelon hunt only count for 5k?)  And the stupid "spys" are only worth 50 rep each.  So even looking for and killing/capturing them isn't worth it.  

This system NEEDS to be re-worked.  I don't give a damn about glyphs or the crap I've earned at Tier 1 and 2.  I WANT THE CRED SO I CAN BUY THE NITAIN I ***NEED***.  You removed a horrible but WORKING system to gain Nitain Extract and replaced it with a system that is completely broken and has made it near impossible for me to get my nitain.  

I'll say it again.  The Tier system should work the same way it does for Syndicates.  When you reach the next Tier, you're given a choice of 3 rewards and ONE of those rewards is cred.  Say 5 cred for Tier 1, 10 cred for Tier 2, or whatever. Even at those low numbers, I would have the 15 cred I need to buy 5 Nitain Extract.  The current system is pissing me off even more than the 4/day pain-in-the-ass system for Nitain that existed before. 

The biggest problem is that they have removed CHOICE.

The current "Tier" system FORCES me to gain enough rep to get Tier 1 and get a stupid Sigil (that I don't care about) and then rank up again to Tier 2 so I can get a stupid Glyph pack (that I also don't care about) and then force me to do enough missions and gain enough rep to get a THIRD tier where I can FINALLY get the cred that is SUPPOSED to be the key to replacing the original alert system.  EVERYTHING from the original alerts system is now tied up in creds.  And creds are currently only earned in sets of 50 at Tiers 3, 6, 12, 16, 20, 24.  Why the jump from Tier 6 to Tier 12 is baffling me even more. So if I want helmets/Nitain/etc that costs 175 cred in total, I need to do DOZENS of missions in order to get enough Tiers and cred in order to buy them.  Before, I would only have to do THREE missions. Once for each item I was interested in.  See the problem here???  They're forcing me to do missions I don't want to do (and tons of them) to gain rep to get items I don't care about, to FINALLY get cred (but only every once in a while)  

Cred should be gained either at every Tier or with EVERY mission you do successfully.  Make it 5 or 10 cred per mission.  And THEN throw in the bundles of 50 cred at Tier 3, 6, 12, etc. Right now, the system is a WAY WORSE grind than it was before.  I understand the grind, I accept the grind, but they just EXPONENTIALLY increased the grind for the SAME ITEMS as before. That's NOT right. 

What sucks the most is that I don't think DE is really listening.  They at least listened to someone and at least increased the number of missions and took out the "friend/clan" requirement on the daily sortie mission, but then added it to the survival mission.  And I'm sorry, but doing a Tridolon hunt should have been worth 15k not 5k.  There may be some super players than can do 4-5 Tridolon hunts a day, but for us "normies", doing a Tridolon hunt at all isn't an easy ask.  

~Z

(I know this post has a bit of redundancy, it's a mash-up of posts I made in a dedicated thread I started elsewhere but I just don't think DE is listening....)

On 2019-03-15 at 7:33 AM, Morelle said:

No offence, but it's an exaggeration. Also did you know that cats were favored by the ancient Egyptians? And do you know what else they favored? Tombs.

Thank you but I know WHERE to get them so no thanks for pointing out that. 

Also, if you think I'm exaggerating, please do this and send me a screenshot:

1. Obtain 10 Kavat DNA segments in ONE mission or within ONE hour but in 5 missions.

2. You are NOT ALLOWED to use ANY BONUSES (Resource Drop Chance Booster, Resource Drop Booster, and ANY login bonuses)

If you can do that, I will retract my statement on Kavat DNA segments. It's a lot tougher to farm before DE increased the drop chance recently.

I stand my point that Nightmare and Resource Alerts have to return.

On 2019-03-15 at 8:45 AM, TheFBD said:

Very good idea imho, but maybe we can get some actually useful material that was available through alerts before, like oxium (1 wolf-cred for 100 oxium) or kavat codes (1 cred for 2 maybe). I already know that i won't be able to spend all my creds simply because there is nothing worth 5 or less wolf creds, which does not just feel like wasting, it actually is wasted.

This is a very good suggestion. DE can implement this if they are really insisting on removing resource Alerts permanently.

The more I think about this issue, the more I ask myself if it isnt just one big misunderstanding.

Imagine the following: The WOLF creds per rank tier will get replaced with [ENTER THEME NAME HERE] creds when a new brackground story starts, but no matter how swiftly you do your challenges, you will eventually rise in the ranks of Nightwave, and you are practically guaranteed to get the umbra forma, and the other sweet stuff. And after some time, they will add another 30 levels to a max level of 60 to the whole thing, with a new background story that the narrator spams on and on about.

Did DE maybe just not tell us clearly enough that our Nightwave ranking will never drop or be reset...

That would reduce a lot of the pressure, wouldnt it?

Sure right now the amount of Nightwatch Standings you can get per week is sorta limited in nature. That doesnt mean it has to stay that way in the future. Maybe we are asked to donate Gallium and Control Modules for Nightwatch Standing in the story #2, instead of the catching of the fugitives. You could do something similar to the Relay Struts and give us a Blueprint for an item we can craft and donate, using some of the Resources that pretty much everybody has more of than they can use.

They could also just simply introduce alerts that directly give us Nightwatch Standings. It WOULD be a token based system...

I firmly believe in the approach of Nightwatch, because it reduces RNG and gives us more control. But yes, apparently a lot of people are ticked off by the way it is right now. Doesnt have to be that it STAYS that way.

I could live with the compromise of having very occasional Alerts that each award 1k standings. Could you?

The thing is, the Nightwave system took items that were obtainable by doing the related mission and put ALL of them behind a PAYWALL.  Then they created a new Syndicate that you have to gain rep with to get the "cred" to purchase the items you used to be able to get directly as a reward for doing a single mission.  And you have to do dozens of missions in order to level up not only 1 tier, 2 tiers but 3 Tiers in order to get your first amount of "cred" to purchase things that you used to be able to get by doing a SINGLE mission.  And then you have to do dozens more missions to get another 3 Tiers to get more cred.  I used to be able to get 4 Nitain Extract in a SINGLE DAY.  Now it takes at least a WEEK to earn enough rep and rank up to Tier 3 in order to BUY a package with 5 Nitain Extract.  In that week, there would have been 28 opportunities for Nitain Extract and there are plenty of items that need 4-5 Nitain per item for crafting.  And God help me if I want Nitain AND a helmet and/or an aura mod.  All things that used to require A SINGLE MISSION in order to get them.  

THIS IS WRONG...

Either put the alert system back in place on top of the Nightwave system OR allow us to earn cred for EVERYTHING we do.  Every mission we complete gives us SOME cred, every Wolf encounter or minion encounter gives SOME cred. Ranking up each Tier gives CRED for EACH TIER.  That is the only way to balance out the Nightwave system so that it's even remotely as fair as the alert system it replaced.  

Unfortunately, I'm sure DE isn't listening and won't hear a word of this.  I and tons of others have been begging them to FIX the Somachord fragments issue in Orb Vallis.  28 fragments at RANDOM spawn locations that you can only get ONCE per session, is just absurd.  They paid someone to create some great music for Fortuna...but for unknown reasons, DE doesn't want us to actually be able to enjoy it.  7 songs and no one I know has even one of them because no one is going to search that large of a space for a RANDOM spawn.  People barely care when the spawn locations are FIXED and you can get them all in one go. (like the lore fragments or the fragments for the Deck 12 door)

All i can say is, since the introduction of Nightwave and the removal of Alerts my gameplay has drastically changed, with 543 logins and 2571hrs logged with steam, I used to login EVERY day and play for most of the day, this has now reduced to maybe logging in 3 times a week and about an hour of play in each session, half of that hour spent faffing about with fashionframe.

Make of those figures whatever you will, but it's pretty obvious to me, that these changes, for me at least, have not been good and I doubt i'm the only one.

6 hours ago, --Cyberius-- said:

I used to login EVERY day and play for most of the day, this has now reduced to maybe logging in 3 times a week and about an hour of play in each session, half of that hour spent faffing about with fashionframe.

Make of those figures whatever you will, but it's pretty obvious to me, that these changes, for me at least, have not been good and I doubt i'm the only one.

You're not the only one. I went from daily logins to 4 logins max each week, and most of the time i just take a look at the current nightwave challenges and log out again. Looking at my friends list and my clan i can see we are definitely not the only ones.

I've done multiple threads now about the problems with the Nightwave system. Forcing me to do multiple challenges/missions in order to gain rep in order to (eventually) get cred to finally get the items I was able to get with a SINGLE mission before, needs to be fixed. Here is a simple and easy solution:

Gain cred with each challenge.  For daily challenges, give 5 cred.  For weekly challenges, give 10 cred.  For elite weekly's, give 20-25 cred.  Or some variation on those amounts. That way, I can still fairly easily get the Nitain I could get guaranteed 4 times/day before and still be able to earn enough cred for the cosmetics, auras, etc.

Keep the Tier system as-is.  But they took everything that used to be obtainable by doing a single mission and put ALL of it behind a PAYWALL.  This is WRONG.  Before, if I wanted 3 helmets, 2 auras and still needed 10 Nitain, it was all doable, I just had to keep an eye out for the alerts and do the SINGLE missions for the SINGLE rewards.  I understand the thinking behind the new system. They wanted to create some new lore and they thought they were rewarding us for doing things we do normally.  Get 3k rep for doing 3 spy missions. Fine.  But I should earn cred for each of those challenges, not ONLY at Tier 3, 6 and 12.  It's RIDICULOUS how much rep you have to gain in order to get a decent amount of cred.  

I just wish DE was actually listening. I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.  But I am.  And this new system is killing the experience for me. 

Hmm...reading other people's feedback has been pretty interesting.  Looking at some of the suggestions people made, yeah, those are some good ideas that DE could implement (I think that earning a little wolf cred per challenge completion is a great idea).  I personally enjoy the nightwave systems, but I'm MR 25 with over 2300 hours clocked in.  I quite liked having the free weapon and warframe slots, and the umbral forma is interesting.  This system actually brought me back into the game to keep playing after I'd taken a ~3 month break due to being burned out trying to grind Fortuna.  And now I've got a source to keep getting free catalysts to try out new weapons, and an occasional forma pack to replace the ones I use.  Definitely getting me to come back and play regularly.  I kinda keep forgetting the Wolf exists, though, since I've never seen him.  I think Baro should sell Wolf beacons like he does with Stalker, Zanuka, and the G3.

On 2019-03-19 at 5:58 PM, nainchaussette said:

hello  hy dont play warframe this last 3 month when come back nightwave in place ok hy try this news gane play .

when you finish mission why did you have to whait 5 day and 19h for a reset buy a news hone ?

why did his not reset immediately buy he news hone ?

This, for me, is the crux of the matter.
DE please listen.

30 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

the big wolf has a really low spawn chance, and it has to pop while I was soloing orokin derelict with 4 vault keys... seriously game ?

Don't worry about it, not only is his spawn rate incredibly low, his chance of dropping ANYTHING useful is even lower.

6 hours ago, --Cyberius-- said:

Don't worry about it, not only is his spawn rate incredibly low, his chance of dropping ANYTHING useful is even lower.

This, unfortunately...

I've seen him 4 times, killed him 3, and have 1 handle to show for it. He also dropped the same mod all three times. All things considered, I feel lucky that I have even a single part because most people I talk to don't. I'm in a clan with about 950 people, and as far as I know, none of us have the weapon or riven.

Just last night, he spawned on wave 18 of Hydron after the three other people in the squad switched their wave 15 vote from battle to extract with less than 1 second left on the timer, forcing me to solo my way to the wave 20 extraction. Not only was I solo, but I was down a melee weapon because I brought an MR fodder stick instead of a real sword (that was my whole reason for doing the mission in the first place). The Wolf finally went down after 10 crazy minutes, during which I managed to keep both the cryopod and myself alive through judicious use of Saryn's molt. I'm MR 14, still trying to acquire some of the meta mods like Transient Fortitude, and haven't had any luck getting decent arcanes (how much more defense do I need against magnetic damage??) so the fight wasn't a guaranteed victory... but a victory it was. And all I got for it was the chance to extract with all 20 waves of loot instead of losing it all. It felt good, but I've never been more disappointed with an outcome in all my time playing Warframe.

Archived