Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

TLDR; the wolf needs to announce his arrival and departure Louder, he needs to show up before 3 min and he needs to compensate for the amount of floods higher level players run... also fix the bugg where my operator dies instantly when transfering out of warframe whether its a quick thinking bugg or another bugg its not acceptable   

Absolutely terrible... i will tell of this for all time... i have seen the wolf three times in over 1000 missions. 2wice he just disappears... one time as far as i can tell he flings himself off the edge with his hammer attack and never reappears... once i die to a B.S. other bug and i guess he leaves once i die (why the Hell do you not give us Any parameters for his existence!!)... once we kill him and the only reason i know this is that i got a handle icon in bottom left... he hardly appears very quietly a pic in bottom corner and gives No indication of his death or success (WTF is his "success" state anyway as stalker has to be the one to kill me not a flame proc from an op hyekka master) All of these happened in kuva floods as i am an mr26 player thats all that there is for me to do really... we as a community Rarely stay in a mission longer than 3 min and we are lossing alot of chances to see the wolf...

i can kill the wolf it just takes too long but it is absolutely intolerable to not have the chance to due to the shear amount of BS surrounding this event

ok the new missions this week are kinda a kick in the ass now compared with the old system and everyone who liked it.

- 40 waves defend mission 40. waves. we had already a 60 min survival and that was way to much but now 40 waves of defend. this is insane. i never made more then maybe 20 waves on oi and already that is freaking LONG. you can say, the first waves are done pretty quick (depending which frames ya in the game) so lets say you make the first 10 waves in 12 mins  which seems ok. after wave 10, the enemys get quick harder any way more then before so for the next 10 waves you sure need longer, lets say 18 if not even 20 mins - so were on 32 mins already. 20 waves up the enemy spawnrate is really really REALLLY high and if you play with corpus enemys, expect a lot nullfiers which pretty much ruins the run fast if you dont care enough. so the next 10 waves are for sure 25 mins. and 30 wave+? have fun doing those. not only are the enemys "hard" already but the HORDES mate....

So roundabout, expect playing one mission def for only half a nightwave rang OVER 1 HOUR A DEFENDING MISSION. Wile you could also at least sit in a corner, taking care of your air in the 1 hour survival mission, you HAVE to take care of your defending subject so, as sample, it it takes to much damage in wave 37 and is destroyed - WELL THEN...

-Win 3 wagers in a row WITHOUT letting the enemy score in one match of the index. ... you see, if you all want us to meet john prodman, tell me next time. I already met him last week coz i met some people who wanted to, so i said why the #*!% not.

Jokey by side, 3 wagers is also very long and the 3rd one is also pretty hard if you dont care BUT that the enemy scores not even ONES in this whole 3 times is nearly to impossible if you dont camp your spawn, literally. sounds like fun right?

So i will not be the one and say "its impossible" but again more the guy that this missions, even if i sure know they ARE elite grade, think about what you could have done in the old alert system and WHAT you could have get in the same time.

- lower the waves of defend from 40 to 20. srsly, noone plays 40 waves AKA OVER 1 HOUR defense for "JUST" one HALF level of a nightwave level if he doesnt HAVE to.

- let the enemys score at least a bit but maybe not over a special amount. 3 wagers in a row is already hard sometimes but letting the enemys not score ONES is way to hard in addition. No srsly, whats next? "meet John Pordman"?

EDIT

Ok they wiped the 40 def wave one. Had to log in again to see that.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Leon-Darkheart:

-Win 3 wagers in a row WITHOUT letting the enemy score in one match of the index. ... you see, if you all want us to meet john prodman, tell me next time. I already met him last week coz i met some people who wanted to, so i said why the #*!% not.

Jokey by side, 3 wagers is also very long and the 3rd one is also pretty hard if you dont care BUT that the enemy scores not even ONES in this whole 3 times is nearly to impossible if you dont camp your spawn, literally. sounds like fun right?

So i will not be the one and say "its impossible" but again more the guy that this missions, even if i sure know they ARE elite grade, think about what you could have done in the old alert system and WHAT you could have get in the same time.

- lower the waves of defend from 40 to 20. srsly, noone plays 40 waves AKA OVER 1 HOUR defense for "JUST" one HALF level of a nightwave level if he doesnt HAVE to.

- let the enemys score at least a bit but maybe not over a special amount. 3 wagers in a row is already hard sometimes but letting the enemys not score ONES is way to hard in addition. No srsly, whats next? "meet John Pordman"?

We had a Limbo with us in Index, was very easy that way with his bubble and stasis, so its not that hard to do.

Overall i can agree its simply long missions you can get tired of and or at worse bad timing making you abort it or even worse dc, host migration, etc.

They (DE) won't get away with it, Nightwave, alert removal, melee 3.0 changes, everything aimed towards a console kiddie cashgrab,with mega grind, no wonder they never imposed their supposedly minimum age rating, the kids just lap it up ( for now). This will all come crashing down as players leave in droves, Warframe = Firefall and it will end the same, as devs / owners get greedy and the gamers turn on them, seen it before and unless DE changes direction, which i doubt because i have fears that these moves are owner/ profit driven, it will all end in tears for DE, which is a shame, because i love loved the game.

9 hours ago, --Cyberius-- said:

They (DE) won't get away with it, Nightwave, alert removal, melee 3.0 changes, everything aimed towards a console kiddie cashgrab,with mega grind, no wonder they never imposed their supposedly minimum age rating, the kids just lap it up ( for now). This will all come crashing down as players leave in droves, Warframe = Firefall and it will end the same, as devs / owners get greedy and the gamers turn on them, seen it before and unless DE changes direction, which i doubt because i have fears that these moves are owner/ profit driven, it will all end in tears for DE, which is a shame, because i love loved the game.

Uhm... Dont see a connection between Melee 3.0 and cashgrabbing. And nothing you can PAY for increases your progress on Nightwave, so please elaborate how THAT is a cashgrab either. And giving us incentives to play aspects of the game is pretty much not grindy. FRACTURES were grindy. Catching 6 fish? Thats a sidequest. And if you dont like it, dont do it...

You can complain about the ratio of gameplay time to Nitain, sure. Ask for some balance, like a bit of a more constant low-numbers way to get some wolf cred. Maybe for every quest you complete, you get some wolf cred? That sounds reasonable...

But cashgrab? This game? The only thing that got out of hand is Riven Mods, and DE didnt really expect us to be that greedy to ask thousands of Plat for a single mod from our fellow Tenno. Sure that is gonna boost their Plat sales, but I doubt the devs welcome that. Their evil cooperation masterminds sure will, of course, but not the Dev team.

But calling Melee 3.0, Nightwave and alert removal a CASHGRAB is just ridiculous and sad. You seem hurt and you lash out at everything.

This is one of the very few Free to play no pay to win games out there. Unless you want an absurd amount of Godtier Rivens, you dont need to spend plat on them at all. You can get a few godtiers over time. Everybody eventually gets one. Riven rerolls mean you always get same level or better... Every roll is potentially an improvement. And most godtier weapons dont need a riven anyway.

Play some EA games for reference... Then you know what a cashgrab is.

Really, the sense of entitlement is strong with this one. You think because you bless the game with your presence you are entitled to receive all new content immediately? How about you value what you have for a minute and then work on what you want for a few days?

13 hours ago, --Cyberius-- said:

Warframe = Firefall

Uff someone remembers Firefalls Firefall (as funny as it sounds like but yea, i gave it that "nickname") coz yea...Firefall was really a good sample and it was a good game. well....till 1.0 but offtopic...

3 hours ago, random__noob said:

Dont see a connection between Melee 3.0 and cashgrabbing.

TBH, since the last melee update, melee weapons feel more like a sidegrate and not like a real weapon. i mean it was intentionally build for console players, no doubt about it since hey, "with a press on a weapon you have your full melee weapon ready" insteed of the already way more usefull "poke melee attack" you did IF you used a prim-/secondaryweapon. and for the cashgrap part? well, its pretty much selfexplained IF you think longer about it, so no doubt about that. Look at Fortnight (as much as i hate this game...) as sample and you might can see were people are going with this and pointing back at the Warframe = Firefall part, yes, srsly no doubt about that.

22 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

Uff someone remembers Firefalls Firefall (as funny as it sounds like but yea, i gave it that "nickname") coz yea...Firefall was really a good sample and it was a good game. well....till 1.0 but offtopic...

TBH, since the last melee update, melee weapons feel more like a sidegrate and not like a real weapon. i mean it was intentionally build for console players, no doubt about it since hey, "with a press on a weapon you have your full melee weapon ready" insteed of the already way more usefull "poke melee attack" you did IF you used a prim-/secondaryweapon. and for the cashgrap part? well, its pretty much selfexplained IF you think longer about it, so no doubt about that. Look at Fortnight (as much as i hate this game...) as sample and you might can see were people are going with this and pointing back at the Warframe = Firefall part, yes, srsly no doubt about that.

The only part so far where the new one button press system is in fact inferior to the old quick melee system is charge attacks like the redeemer. Anything else? Wow you hold a melee weapon in hand, so what? As soon as you press shoot you get your rifle in hand. From my feeling at least, it is exactly as fast as before. Only difference is, if you are holding onto a primary or secondary that has a syndicate proc. And frankly who cares. In exchange for holding your rifle, you get some forward damage reduction, which doesnt hurt (pun intended). So tell me what your complain is about the new system. Where do you systematically lose damage or utility, the samples I mentioned aside?

As for the cashgrab: Still not seeing it. Thought a while about it. Doesnt seem obvious. Referencing a game people may or may not have experiences in the same way that you do doesnt help either. I mean, "look at fortnite". Well, there are many things to look at, what are you referring to? Who are the people you talk about? Devs, managing directors or players?

What I see is Nightwave asked me to do finisher damage. So I dug up my Ash, for the teleport. I havent used him in a LOOOOOONG time, but he seemed sorta useful when I did that Finisher Kills Nightwave quest. So afterwards, I sat down to check if I can make him viable, and if I can find an application for his skills and if there is a setup that can be used in some type of mission or another. Sure not as an allrounder, but maybe there is something where he really does a good job. Turns out there are some nifty things to him that do make him viable here and there. Cool. Would probalby have forgotten about him if I wasnt ASKED to do Finishers. I would call that a plus.

If you want to give feedback on Melee 3.0, great. I suggest 2 things: Wait for it to be released (what we got so far was really just a tiny aspect of it, I would say) and do it in a thread that is actually about melee 3.0. There you can tell people how wrong they are if they are enjoying it. In this thread, you are supposed to tell people how wrong they are to enjoy having something they should do in this game that they would otherwise probably not do. How bad it is to do Little sidequests that mostly dont hurt (yes some of the quests REALLY do, but then again some players LIKE the pain. Accept the existence of hurtful quests for their good, pls. We are a community and a family, and some of our distant cousins are really into weird and kinky things. So long as it is possible to get all rewards without doing too many sidequests that are a pain in my rear, I would consider the rewards I get quite worth it.) So yeah, please ask for people to believe THE END IS NEAR! WARFRAME IS DOOMED! THIS GAME WILL FAIL BECAUSE NOW WE HAVE A DIFFERENT SIDEQUEST SYSTEM! WITH MORE RELEVANT REWARDS! HOW DARE THEY!

Tweak if you are unhappy. No problem in giving feedback. Improve what you dislike. Objectively speaking though, it is a better system. It is what we asked for for a long long time. Less RNG, more variance in the missions we play, token based rewards. Let us improve it from here on...

1 hour ago, random__noob said:

The only part so far where the new one button press system is in fact inferior to the old quick melee system is charge attacks like the redeemer. Anything else? Wow you hold a melee weapon in hand, so what?

- you automaticly block which made "autoblock" mods pretty much useless.

- you have no holster time, making, again, such mods again pretty much useless.

- insteed of maybe a quick 2 hit combo, you compliedly change into "melee mode" with a press of a button which can break sometimes the moment youre actually be in. as i said, (i will not complain about it and say the old system was better BUT) if you "just" want to kill some enemys quickly in melee with some "poke melee attacks" as i named them before, thats pretty much gone.

- You cant zoom in anymore nor need to hold a button for blocking for focusing any enemy.

So this doesnt sound all to bad, for sure but mostly anoying thing is that you just cant quickkill people in melee anymore without changing into this said melee mode in total. this CAN ruin again the moment and situation youre in since, as i said, you change into melee mode COMPLIEDLY with all combos and like and before said change, you just made some quick "poke attacks" and went back to normal. i will not say that it is bad but again, it is a change which you can sadly feel.

From my feeling at least, it is exactly as fast as before.

I would say its faster but again, melee weapons self feel more like a downgrate or sidegrate, at least less then a real weapon.

And frankly who cares.

ok at that part i literally can pretty much stop arguee about something if you have this mood and pretty much dont care anyways so why are you in a forum here to talk about details and other peoples opinion if you literally dont care about?

As for the cashgrab: Still not seeing it.

i go with your words and literally say: i dont care to explain it to you since you dont care anyways. I could and i even would but if all other opinions are for you nonsense and pretty much just a talk to a wall then why should i shame myself trying?

Also to the rest part or mostly for it, sorry to say but you sound like someone who either has no job, no family nor girlfriend - in other words: you have way to much freetime if you really think like "the new nightwave system is good as it is". As "addition" next to the old system i would have said "maybe" yes but looking back at some of the missions they gave us like the 1 hour survival or, glad they changed it but still, 40 waves defending mission - compare that with the old system and what you would have get in the same time wile right now, you get maybe 3000-5000 standing which means maybe half a rank up and nothing else. yes, nothing else. no rewards, just some standing points.

For 1 hour survival or 40 waves defending, you get 5000 points woopidoopi.  somewhere around the forum or even in this thread someone already counted up what you "COULD" have gotten in the same time doing old alerts and it was by far more then "just" some freaking points. And there is the problem, not everyone is a unemployed basemend dweller who has all time of the world.

some people work, hard. some others have family or maybe a girlfriend or are busy with other REAL LIFE things but they still enjoy(ed) playing warframe. for those, this new system AND for new players (which is another topic) is pretty much a kick in the balls but hey, lets do it in your words by saying "all is fine" and go like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM

Tweak if you are unhappy. No problem in giving feedback. Improve what you dislike. Objectively speaking though, it is a better system. It is what we asked for for a long long time. Less RNG, more variance in the missions we play, token based rewards. Let us improve it from here on...

Anyways, basicly, yes, the system is "good" but it needs to be tweakt. a lot. i brought already up a lot ideas, one can you read here, which would work much better:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/page/12/?tab=comments#comment-10561057

Wow, quote me out of context and assume I am a "basement dweller". Thumbs up for pretty much every fail in the forum guideline to respect. What I said was "who cares about syndicate proc?" And you said I wouldnt care about your opinion alltogether. Nice.

Quick killing an enemy does rob you of zooming in immediately afterwards, that is a change. Everything else? Well, you quick kill something with one or two melee hits and then you can go right back to shooting people. In the past? You quick killed something with one or two melee hits and you can go right back to shooting people. I still dont see the functional difference. You dont lose time, you dont have to press any extra buttons, all you get is that things happen smoother and faster if you intend to do a combo. Most stances, afaik, have a similar or identical first hit in their combo to what the quick melee was. If you have suffered because your main melee weapon now behaves differently, I am sorry to hear that. So far you have not given me a single example or insight into where you actually cannot do anymore what you could do before.

As for the time investment: If you just want to play Warframe casually, there is absolutely no problem with that. You wont be able to clear the more difficult content however, though. That is kinda the idea of a free to play. You pay with money or with time. If that concept isnt working for you, why should the owners of the game give you all content for no investment from your side?

I have been with the game for a while now. The reason I can do that is because I dont have a TV. A home cinema, sure, but no regular time wasting TV or netflix. Only oldschoold Bluerays and DVDs. I spend my evenings in front of this time wasting machine, but in a more active way than just passive TV consumption. And I can absolutely afford to do the quests, quite casually actually. I skip some because they are obnoxious, like "Do X bounties in the PoE". But the dailies are active for 3 days, so if you can spend an hour every 2-3 days, you can get quite a bit of the stuff done without breaking an arm and a leg... If you go full OCD, sure, it feels like DE wants to hurt you. Otherwise, it actually is not as big of a deal, really. Look at the rewards and ask yourself, do you really NEED that? People have been doing fine without Umbra forma in the past. You can get regular forma easily. Kuva is a bit annoying to farm, but its far from impossible. If you dont want to spend the time to do all 30 levels, do you as a casual gamer really have the right to claim "this game that I can only play for a few hours a week offers free stuff to dedicated players! I am no dedicated player but I want all of it too!"

Meh...

Think of the actual dedicated gamers. They should get something back from a game they heavily invested in and spent a lot of hours playing, for many many years, I say. And it really isnt like there is anything in the reward pool that is unreachable and will make you trail behind if you dont get it. The old alert system offered you some auras and a bit of Nitain, just to get you started, really. Next generation of new gamers will simply ask for a friendly player to give them some aura for free. That is how I got my Energy Syphon number one. I just asked a dude in a mission.

2 hours ago, random__noob said:

Quick killing an enemy does rob you of zooming in immediately afterwards, that is a change. Everything else? Well, you quick kill something with one or two melee hits and then you can go right back to shooting people. In the past? You quick killed something with one or two melee hits and you can go right back to shooting people. I still dont see the functional difference.

its the combo system mate, as i said, before you just made 2 quick attacks and done, now most people have a combo mod on their weapon and some combos jumps you around and moves you around which you "might dont want" in a situation. thats what i was saying in this "quickly poke melee attacks" coz the normal melee attacks were basicly just a swing or something like. look at staff combos as sample, i duno the mods name now but i know 2 if you use them you move way to fast around IF you keep the combo going. situational, if it helps or not tbh.

As for the time investment: If you just want to play Warframe casually, there is absolutely no problem with that. You wont be able to clear the more difficult content however, though. That is kinda the idea of a free to play. You pay with money or with time. If that concept isnt working for you, why should the owners of the game give you all content for no investment from your side?

let me go back and quote myself for that

at this time, i played now over 1400 warframe, the 2nd most played game on my steam account, just said. i have a bit time for it but im still a busy man in real life. saying stuff like "you wont be able to clear more difficult content" pretty much is the middle finger in the face for everyone who tries - and i am already mk25 which means pretty much "endgame". I sure can say myself i dont need the stuff but as i said, think about new players which are literally not even able to do those things and said stuff. So right now the whole system is pretty much "not balanced". veterans are like why should i do it coz they pretty much have already anything "good" from it and why should they do the struggle anyways. and new players? they are not even able to do those things. i can quote myself over and over again if you want since i already said a lot about that, if you wanna read that, there, it might help you (no im srs here, i already put way to many cents here to tell all over and over again and you might can see why).

small edit:

about this part:

assume I am a "basement dweller".

i was talking about that in regular and not that youre one. i could have said uneemployed people or people with to much free time but i wanted to point something out, not going personal - so in that case sorry if you thought i gave you a bad nickname. that wasnt my intention.

Well proven again, you just cant make people happy.

if the old alert system would have been kept for all eternety, people would complain that there is nothing really useful in the alerts. If the Umbra forma and cosmetics would have been added to the old alert system, people would complain if they missed that highly important alert (even if it would have been on for a week, some people take vacations and would rightfully be enraged to miss something like that). Now we at least get the chance to progress through the ranks, and the only hint so far we got afaik is some DE person saying "only the wolf cred will be lost when we cycle in a new questline"

I get what you are saying: Something needs to change. The amount of emotion poured into something like alerts (lets face it people, most of them awarded Nano Spores and credits) is mindboggling to me though. And I got a feeling that the people that designed the system are currently scratching their heads in confusion as well.

And now people are flooding the Forums because people only raise their voices if it is an outcry. Hardly anybody that just LIKES something will come here...

I would like to see an elite Quest "answer a quick survey about the new alert system" for 5k standings so that everybodys voice will be heard.

As for the melee changes:

I would say the instant swap has so many upsides to it and is so fluent that I am happy about the change. Also more changes are to come, lets evaluate the outcome and feel once everything DE intends to do is implemented. As for the Alert system, yes, people are divided. In the grand scheme of things, I see a glas half full because this is not an EVENT, this will be a PERMANENT addition to the game. There will always be a nightwave going on in the future. New players have issues with questline number one? Well put your backs into it and read up on how to make progress through the ranks of Cetus and Fortuna for the next Nightwave questline. There will be new loot and new quests going on every day. ANY progress you make will be rewarded. Any gameplay you make will (unless you are hellbent on not doing even the easy going ones like "open some relics" or "play 3 nightmare missions") gives you something in return. You may not rise as high as other gamers, true. How high you get depends on how much you can and want to play. Well for some of the stuff, there will likely be other ways to get them lateron. Some cosmetics you may miss out on. The choice is with you however. If you feel like you cant live without them but then again cant invest the time to get them, I suggest you do something positive like ask for a chance to get them in Invasions every once in a while, or ask for some missed cosmetics to be obtainable in next years WF Birthday event.

I see people that play getting small tokens of appreciation, and not a single shortcut to all of it for platinum. And that is the part i like best: No pay to win anywhere in sight. Just good old patience, but in a lot of different missions and actions we need to take. Just time spent playing, with patience... The thing every tenno kinda needs. I tip my hat to DE for being that ballsy. The devs probably took a few whacks from their board for not having a cash-in method in this. All the stuff they put in the system is just hours DE spent on creating and debating and programming them, and there just is no way to cashback on that intelectual property anywhere. Imagine this: Stuff that had in the past always been locked behind a paywall gets handed out for free (warframe slots), for absolutely free, and people are complaining that they have to play some missions to get them. The only relevant thing you may actually miss out on is the Syandana and the Armor pieces as well as the Umbra forma. Thats the ONLY relevant stuff that is hidden so deep that only people that are commited can reach them. And we STILL dont know if you maybe even just keep your nightwave ranks when a new questline starts. We only know that the Wolf Creds will be lost. And that Creds with a different name will take their place. Some stuff is hidden. DE has plans already. Several of them. They will take the forum into account , as well as hard data they get from us playing, to see how to progress with the system further. Some of the things you think are clever pieces of inspiration have likely already been on a whiteboard in Canada before you thought them up. So when they are implemented, you will feel clever and DE will have done what they wanted to do anyway, but by making it look like YOU came up with the stuff, they are a bit more save from the tidal waves of tears.

They run a buisness. It is their job and our hobby. Just assume they are a bit deeper in it than we are. I mean I design powerplants for a living. Dont expect any of you to be able to do what I do for a living. And the other way around, I dont expect to outsmart people that dont just randomly read our posts, but analyze psychological profiles and try to figure out the player base as a whole, not just the individuals.

I have been with the game when the grind was really bad. I have been with the game when Sibear came out. That is, if you refused to buy boosters for plat, (they werent given as login rewards back then afaik, so you HAD to buy them) 8 to 9 hours of mindnumbing grind just for a rank and bank weapon. This nightwave stuff? That is peaches and cream in my opinion.

20 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

i was talking about that in regular and not that youre one. i could have said uneemployed people or people with to much free time but i wanted to point something out, not going personal - so in that case sorry if you thought i gave you a bad nickname. that wasnt my intention.

i am 56yrs old, semi retired (basement dweller) and i hate melee changes, nightwing replacing alerts instead of complimenting them and MOST of the direction DE is heading now, everyone can troll me, i'm too old and wise to give a ***K, but i do have money, real money of my own, i used to spend without having to ask mummy first, money..i no longer spend. thx to DE and its recent decisions.

i was about to not bait anymore since i already said and gave more then 2 cents, ideas, posts and the hell knows here on comments.

but ok, i do it for the sake.

so lets go again, already regreding this...

if the old alert system would have been kept for all eternety, people would complain that there is nothing really useful in the alerts. If the Umbra forma and cosmetics would have been added to the old alert system, people would complain if they missed that highly important alert (even if it would have been on for a week, some people take vacations and would rightfully be enraged to miss something like that). Now we at least get the chance to progress through the ranks, and the only hint so far we got afaik is some DE person saying "only the wolf cred will be lost when we cycle in a new questline"

..and losing all the progress we managed to do if the event is over. yes, we will lose all the wolf creds we might saved or wanted to save of whateveritemwewanted and we also lose all the rangs, even if it was just 1 rang close to the item we wanted, we lose all the progress we made in the last. 10. weeks.

thats why i already said the idea that DE should change the system, that the wolfcreds, as they are named now, gettting something like ducats and that they dont expire so that we dont lose our "total" progress, that we can save the "money" and use it for something we want. i mean, they could have just add a umbra forma you could buy with this currency but it could be pretty expensive - which would be understandable - but thenm having in mind that one of the rarest material, nitain, is really "easy" to get now compared how it was earlier in the old system. this actually makes this "oh so rare" material seems like now a whole joke a bit since now you pretty much get this for just 15 wolfcreds in a pack of 3, if i remember right but thats another story (and i already left a comment about that somewhere and i linked that...).

I get what you are saying: Something needs to change. The amount of emotion poured into something like alerts (lets face it people, most of them awarded Nano Spores and credits) is mindboggling to me though. And I got a feeling that the people that designed the system are currently scratching their heads in confusion as well.

And now people are flooding the Forums because people only raise their voices if it is an outcry. Hardly anybody that just LIKES something will come here...

I would like to see an elite Quest "answer a quick survey about the new alert system" for 5k standings so that everybodys voice will be heard.

Yes, as i said so often, "compared with the old system" the new nightwave system should more be something like a "challenge system" and should not a FULL replace to the old alert system. It is, as it is right now, just not really balanced since, as i already said, some missions are outright ridiculous (1 hour survival, 40 waves def, etc), others are either not "doable" for new players (kill the orb vallis boss, survive 1 hour kuva survival, etc) or for veterans, its just "not really worth the torture". I can basicly understand sure the change but then, as i already again said, over and over (i feel like a broken record in this moment heh...), that the system right now should keep a lot things in mind which it doesnt but which SHOULD be

- the playerbase as whole (meaning not only old OR new but new AND old players)

- people have also other stuff to do (meaning real life problems or family or job and what ever)

- people dont "live" warframe (i guess thats selfexplaining)

How high you get depends on how much you can and want to play. Well for some of the stuff, there will likely be other ways to get them lateron. Some cosmetics you may miss out on. The choice is with you however. If you feel like you cant live without them but then again cant invest the time to get them, I suggest you do something positive like ask for a chance to get them in Invasions every once in a while, or ask for some missed cosmetics to be obtainable in next years WF Birthday event.

Which is kinda a problem. sure, someone who plays more sure should also have more "progress" then someone who might just plays the game ones in a week - but still those people should be handled "equal" which is kinda hard to do, sure that, but not impossible - which brings up another problem which are taxis and people who bring up low rang players to the higher farm levels and like. As i already also said somewhere in a comment again (god dang it, i need to write a book or something at this point...and why the hell am i dissing myself? XD), that the planets SELF should get something like a "rank" requirement like a lot weapons have (as sample, you cant go on sedna if youre not at least rang 12 (again, just as sample)). i really feel sometimes this is the real problem that people are even "able" to taxi around places like sedna to just (literally) stand there as new player and getting all the exp for doing nothing wile the taxi-guy and 2 other guys which are mostly already near endgame or are endgame do all the stuff wile you as new player be like "wtf is going on" anyways, sit there and do like "ez game". This should be handled and fixed and not adding a new grindy syndicate in disguise of new alert system...

I see people that play getting small tokens of appreciation, and not a single shortcut to all of it for platinum. And that is the part i like best: No pay to win anywhere in sight. Just good old patience, but in a lot of different missions and actions we need to take. Just time spent playing, with patience... The thing every tenno kinda needs.

Yes and no coz thats what kinda "pay 2 win"-ny warframe feels. look at some frames like ivara as sample and how much "pur luck" it is to get her. Or another sample would be, for sure, equinox (normal, since prime is next door). This frame can be outright a torture if you dont have the force on your side (i sure mean luck but i had to put some fun in there) - and even if you have the luck you need nearly 1 week to just build this frame. Also, another frame to farm and which was outright a disaster design would be vauban prime, which needs 25 nitain to build in total - and you couldnt even "just buy him" (if you didnt got his prime access).

I would say, paying for warframe makes the game way easier to enjoy and it feels kinda better as player so to be fair, warframe has a already known nickname, not for unknown reasons, which is already "farmframe". So would i say it is pay 2 win, im not sure to be honest since, keeping all the things in mind you "could" just buy, its something like "buy 2 progress faster and stop rng-stuff". so i wouldnt say it is not totally pay 2 win but also not 100% it is pay 2 win, if you understand me "right" there.

And we STILL dont know if you maybe even just keep your nightwave ranks when a new questline starts

As to my knowledge, its not, it was so often said that it pretty much resets all and your wolfcreds will something like "expire", which is a huge problem but look back at the first part of this comment wall here heh ^^

They run a buisness. It is their job and our hobby. Just assume they are a bit deeper in it than we are.

Which is kind of a problem. as i already said (GOD DANG IT WHY XD), we are the players, we dont work for warframe and we dont "live" it. thats what DE sometimees forget if you look at some of the new alerts we had.

I have been with the game when the grind was really bad. I have been with the game when Sibear came out. That is, if you refused to buy boosters for plat, (they werent given as login rewards back then afaik, so you HAD to buy them) 8 to 9 hours of mindnumbing grind just for a rank and bank weapon. This nightwave stuff? That is peaches and cream in my opinion. 

Yes, "compared" to the old farm situation(s), nightwave sure might look like a easy run but we are talking "like that" since we both are already INto the game and not new players. We both could pretty much give a "crap" about the nightwave system, if we both might would have a bit more real life time to spare for it but else, be honest, we both could for sure.

But as i already said (...) new players are pretty much confused, not able to do said missions or outright not able to understand them, the systems core sure is "ok" but it needs to be fixed somewhat for "all" players.

Im kinda sorry for this huge wall of text but i think you can see now i really really tried (and that im kinda a bit "sick of it" repeating myself over and over again). So again, it was nothing personal we might had there and i sure tried here to explain myself and my ideas i had over the threads n comments in this big comment here.

I hope you understand that.

...and now i need a drink. ^^;

You know why people of higher rank took lower ranks to planets? to HELP, because no-one was fricken selfish and it built a community, no-one cared that they were higher and helped lower rank players even though they may not have got that leg up themselves, and THAT is what made this community and game GREAT. Experienced players NEVER forgot that they were new once too, and were only too willing to help. DE saw that, and now they are effectively trying to kill it, as some players are ranking up too fast for their liking, so kill the community spirit in the hope it will increase their income, yeah DE are all angels  NOT.

31 minutes ago, --Cyberius-- said:

You know why people of higher rank took lower ranks to planets? to HELP, because no-one was fricken selfish and it built a community, no-one cared that they were higher and helped lower rank players even though they may not have got that leg up themselves, and THAT is what made this community and game GREAT. Experienced players NEVER forgot that they were new once too, and were only too willing to help. DE saw that, and now they are effectively trying to kill it, as some players are ranking up too fast for their liking, so kill the community spirit in the hope it will increase their income, yeah DE are all angels  NOT.

wait a second...

You know why people of higher rank took lower ranks to planets? to HELP, because no-one was fricken selfish and it built a community, no-one cared that they were higher and helped lower rank players even though they may not have got that leg up themselves, and THAT is what made this community and game GREAT.

DE saw that, and now they are effectively trying to kill it, as some players are ranking up too fast for their liking,

I guess that pretty much explains why i want a rank system for each planet.

1. people have to understand the game and not standing on sedna with rank 0 there and duno what is going on.

2. Helping, yes, by doing missions with them or like i can see and understand that with "help". veterans should not be the "carries". people have to understand the gamy by their own and not getting carried through it or rushing it. "the way is the goal". Look at it from another side: you have a squad of 4 people where one is kinda new. sure you help him out by explaining him what he has to do but you cant do his job. he has to learn it by himself.

3. They a other ways to "farm" exps and like and mostly the stuff the new players "need" are in "their reach" (mostly).

There is so much flawed logic in what you said that the aspects that do make sense get undermined.

Just understand this: This game is about incentives to play. Every mission we play is for something back. Hardly anybody north of Mastery 12 would just casually start an exterminate and not at the very least look for a planet that offers a rare resource he could use. The overwhelming majority of mission instances are played in missions where you get something in return, even if it is just unlocking starchart nodes, exp or casual rare resource farms. And that core concept wont change. That is the essence of this game. Keep in mind: People are different. I certainly didnt overly enjoy farming for Ivara (and I havent started farming Khora yet) but it wouldnt drive me away from the game to do it again. Eventually you get what you want from this game. Eventually I got Nidus, or so many other things. The new Nightwave system is nothing different from what we got before. If you invest time, you get a reward, and the reward you get isnt absolutely essential. It will always just be an addition to your arsenal. The amount of effort to be put into it may be debateable. The fact that the time wall needs to be put into place AND needs to be relevant enough to be considered an achievement to overcome is absolutely not debateable. If any player (that includes everyone in this topic) thinks this should not be the case, then they should not play this game. Because the next time investment event is always just a content patch from here. And you can cry all you want, but the core essence of Farmframe is farming. The only saving grace is, this game is free to play. And it deserves that title.

If you dont enjoy farming, then you shouldnt play the game. Thats a valuable information for new players. The Nightwave series will make a player ask themselves exactly that question: Do I want to do that? Is that entertaining? If not, they leave, and that is just as well. There are many games out there to make them happy. If yes, they become Tenno, and that is also great.

Enjoy your drink.

It's now been the 5th time this Wolf guy appears at Hydron where everyone is leveling their stuff, and it sucks really bad to try and kill him for the next 10 minutes with everyone under equipped for the task.

Now he's bringing his 3 unkillable henchmen as well and it sucks even more. So much so that everyone died and he didn't take a scratch from our puny guns. Could you please not let him appear there? It serves no purpose and i must say: although I play daily and for long hours, why does he always appear there for me and nowhere else? Why?

Is that really working as intended? I for one am pretty much frustrated with this guy, he is too annoying and uninteresting as I watch my double digit damage numbers do nothing to him.

6 hours ago, random__noob said:

There is so much flawed logic in what you said that the aspects that do make sense get undermined.

Just understand this: This game is about incentives to play. Every mission we play is for something back. Hardly anybody north of Mastery 12 would just casually start an exterminate and not at the very least look for a planet that offers a rare resource he could use. The overwhelming majority of mission instances are played in missions where you get something in return, even if it is just unlocking starchart nodes, exp or casual rare resource farms. And that core concept wont change. That is the essence of this game. Keep in mind: People are different. I certainly didnt overly enjoy farming for Ivara (and I havent started farming Khora yet) but it wouldnt drive me away from the game to do it again. Eventually you get what you want from this game. Eventually I got Nidus, or so many other things. The new Nightwave system is nothing different from what we got before. If you invest time, you get a reward, and the reward you get isnt absolutely essential. It will always just be an addition to your arsenal. The amount of effort to be put into it may be debateable. The fact that the time wall needs to be put into place AND needs to be relevant enough to be considered an achievement to overcome is absolutely not debateable. If any player (that includes everyone in this topic) thinks this should not be the case, then they should not play this game. Because the next time investment event is always just a content patch from here. And you can cry all you want, but the core essence of Farmframe is farming. The only saving grace is, this game is free to play. And it deserves that title.

If you dont enjoy farming, then you shouldnt play the game. Thats a valuable information for new players. The Nightwave series will make a player ask themselves exactly that question: Do I want to do that? Is that entertaining? If not, they leave, and that is just as well. There are many games out there to make them happy. If yes, they become Tenno, and that is also great.

Enjoy your drink.

youre basicly right but then again a bit flawed with your logic yourself.

sure the game is about farming but also not taxi around. no mather how or what, people should enjoy the game as it should be and not "all over the place" where they shouldnt be. maybe not only coz of farming or level reasons but more maybe "lore" aka story reasons. We should not forget, Warframe has a good lore to enjoy and they can pretty much ruin this if they see what places will later be which are not there from the begining (Lua, as sample). For the reward part, again, i just say here compared with the old system, nightwave system still needs to be polished. the core IS ok, yes, but i counted up my ideas already and my last wall of text pretty much explained that all again. and to be fair, about the "free to play" part, i would sure wish myself a p2p version so that such things would make slightly more fun and be normal over all. warframes sometimes "over does" the farming part, sometimes even adding rng to it (as i said, ivara and other frames) which doesnt even makes it hard but sometimes feel like the system plays against you as player. i enjoy farming if i farm for something which is worth something in the end, in warframes case, its mostly like a gift pack you save for and you "barely" know what you will get if you dont look around the internet and spoiler yourself.

and yea the drink actually was nice man. sadly i need to get myself another bottle tomorrow heh.

Archived