Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Springlake said:

Anything stopping you from going to Recruit chat, asking something like "LF someone to do the Nightwave Sortie challenge with" and then making a pre-made group were you friend eachother before going in?

doesn't that kinda prove how pointless that condition is? it's just additional tedium

7 minutes ago, Waterymelon said:

Just a quick calculation.

Currently there are 1 daily, 3 elite weekly, 7 weekly.

Assume "daily" resets daily( Though I saw it resets in 2 days for the first daily mission), then weekly we can get 43000 reputation at most.  [Don't consider the wolf prisoners, I encountered a 3-member team and got 150 reputation, one of them bugged out. I only encountered them in 1 out of 10 games on Hydron]

On average 4 levels a week. if this chapter only last 2 months, then you will need to finish nearly every mission to get enough reputation.

The sad thing is that I never do Hydrolyst hunts and I just don't like those kind of hunts. 

I'm afraid I may not be able to reach level 30 before the mission ends.

Please let us know how long the event last, thank you!

Not to mention 5 ayatans, who the hell is getting 5 ayatans a week consistently...

I just "got" one form an arbitration, not from the reward, but grabed. Then got killed by host migration, and yay for me. Perfection!

How in the choice between fixing broken content like arbitrations and the loss of information on host migrations (or the fact the game prevents you from playing but doesn't pause the AI during host migrations), how did, lets get rid of the content people kinda play, and replace it with grind.

Dear DE, sweet DE, we fu***** hate daily syndicate limits already, so why in the world did you think a false syndicate with a WEEKLY limit was a good idea?

There's a cap (by today's calculation, might change) of 43,000 per week, so it will take around 2 months till we reach 30. I know you're not big into making non-grindy content, but I'd rather wait between big story/content patches and do the random nitain alert, than grind a bunch of things to get one item I'd otherwise get from a random alert.

There's something really wrong about waiting 2 months for a forma and some fluff cosmetic, and instead of encouraging me, it's dissuading me; as much as I like collecting cosmetic fluff, being told "do this every week/day or you'll not see it again for years" is off-putting.

Now then, as for suggestions: change all "weekly" things to daily refreshes, change the "9 bounties" or "5 simaris scans" or "5 full ayatan" or the like to 1-2 of each max (so a normal person can clear out the dailies in a day), and/or increase the standing gain to something more palatable.

What I'm saying is: make it so one can reach R30 every full week if they clear the list every day. It still feels like a crappy "daily" system from MMOs (which I'm sure everyone's sick and tired of already), but it's still less disheartening than a full 2 months for a forma...

Am I the only one for whom the Alert tab is compeltely gone since the update? How am I supposed to enter Arbitration missions now? I even restarted game and did file validation 😞

And yes I know I have to complete all nodes and stuff, dont be like all those XYZ who tried treating me like a moron and even called me a liar when I said my alert tab is gone...

1 minute ago, umadgurl said:

Am I the only one for whom the Alert tab is compeltely gone since the update? How am I supposed to enter Arbitration missions now? I even restarted game and did file validation 😞

And yes I know I have to complete all nodes and stuff, dont be like all those XYZ who tried treating me like a moron and even called me a liar when I said my alert tab is gone...

We found the cause of this bug, will be fixed soon.

wtf... you sneeky gits!!!  Simultaneous release to all platforms???  Ugh you just royally screwed me... I started playing a bunch of other games.   I was going to tackle Darksiders 3,  Kingdom Hearts 3,  rent The Division and see what thats like in preperation for TD2 and I also dusted off Star Trek Online which has horrible ground combat mission,  insanely horrible menu set up but I still like the ship combat lmao,  even though most of the crap is locked behind a paywall.   

And then I had a bunch of movies I was going to consume from the last 2 months.

=(   But holy crap....   Umbra Forma???  Hells yeah!!!!!  My Valkyr and Garuda say YES PLEASE!!   And who knows what other goodies you guys have put in rewards.   Convict armor??  sounds cool lol.  

20 minutes ago, Springlake said:

No.

While doing missions on Saturn there is a chance of 3 or 4 convicts from Saturn 6 spawning in a tile, capture these for 50 standing each.

Gonna be a slot of grind to get anywhere with it but it's technically possible to get there much quicker than 8 weeks.

Also the challenges only reset every weekly reset, so if you do a marathon session every weekend you can still get them all done.

And where is that info? On a player comment...
Why not make it a tactical alert, like the Stalker Acolytes?

11 minutes ago, Aerionoth said:

Dear DE, sweet DE, we fu***** hate daily syndicate limits already, so why in the world did you think a false syndicate with a WEEKLY limit was a good idea?

There's a cap (by today's calculation, might change) of 43,000 per week, so it will take around 2 months till we reach 30. I know you're not big into making non-grindy content, but I'd rather wait between big story/content patches and do the random nitain alert, than grind a bunch of things to get one item I'd otherwise get from a random alert.

There's something really wrong about waiting 2 months for a forma and some fluff cosmetic, and instead of encouraging me, it's dissuading me; as much as I like collecting cosmetic fluff, being told "do this every week/day or you'll not see it again for years" is off-putting.

Now then, as for suggestions: change all "weekly" things to daily refreshes, change the "9 bounties" or "5 simaris scans" or "5 full ayatan" or the like to 1-2 of each max (so a normal person can clear out the dailies in a day), and/or increase the standing gain to something more palatable.

What I'm saying is: make it so one can reach R30 every full week if they clear the list every day. It still feels like a crappy "daily" system from MMOs (which I'm sure everyone's sick and tired of already), but it's still less disheartening than a full 2 months for a forma...

This. Some of the requirements are just detached. I mean months go by without me finding a ayatan in the wild, so the only option would be buying or RNG praying that what happened to me just now doesn't repeat. Ayatans should be 1, which menas doing the weekly maroo thing, and then filling the sculpture. That's it.
And yeah, 5 simaris scans, i go weeks without asking for a new target, just because of how crappy that works, with us having to go to the relays to ask and deliver the quest, and then having to wait a day after delivering, regardless of whether we asked for it that day or not.
This system is just bad.

For new players, the ones that need this the most, it's impossible to get anything. For older players it's just asking us to do content we're already sick and tired of having done to exhaustion.

Sure those prisoners might improve it, but being RNG, just ruins it. I hope they improve this before this wave ends... Because if this goes like Arbitrations, and we get the old "yeah there's problems, we'll fix it... LOOK FORTUNA! **whistles, and forgets about broken content**"
Well lets just say, i don't think anyone will like the end result of this mess staying as it is.

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We found the cause of this bug, will be fixed soon.

yay 😄

but honestly what i think about this system:

i personally liked the old alert system more because i'm a new player ( kind of ) so it was possible for me to get aura mods etc relatively easy and fast. Now as a new player you have to grind a lot to get nitain and the aura mods, and not even all auras are included only 4 atm. so for new players warframe is difficult enough but now with the new system you have to grind something you dont know nothing about => even more new players will quit because if they understand the system and see how much grind it is to get something mandatory the bigger part of them will just give up. 

furthermore what is with the tasks like cetus bounties? the rewards you get from the bounties and the things you can buy from cetus are not the best ones or you already got them. so doing 8 bounties just for the 3k is frustrating. Same with hydrolyst thingy. 

This could be "improved" with things like do "10-30 missions for a faction" or "kill this boss of one faction x times" sure this isnt fun for everybody but atleast you can decide what mission to play or on what planet etc.

And all in all i personally would like to see the old alert system back with this new nightwave system as addition 

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

Oh Good. Warframe is trying to morph into Anthem. Great strategy guys. Copy a winner.

Can there be a option to either mute or disable nora's transmissions? or at least a reduction in them as you get them everytime you go in and out of the tab. She also appears inside mssions when completing a task, which leads to quite the "spam" from her.

It doesnt help either that i really dislike her voice.

58 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

Removing alerts is kinda disappointing, I started doing them not for the rewards but just so I could just... play the game... I used it as a form of matchmaking.
If there was some form of randomized matchmaking, such as you choose a level range, a mission type, maybe even a faction then hit go and get randomly put into a mission of other people then I'd be all good with removing them. But as of now, I'm just... disappointed and annoyed.

Alerts where a GREAT way of matchmaking and having a goal. Just an awesome way to PUG super fast and easy. I'm pretty new here, and this *was* the perfect way to grab a little loot and just make a group with a common goal without the pretty daunting LFG chat!

A game like this lives or dies by the ease that new players can find a goal, *and* some people who have (for that mission) the exact same goal in mind.

Also: You do know how dopamine works, right? Immediate small rewards are excellent to make players feel happy. Now you've added the 20th identical faction grind. And faction grinds are the very, very least appealing thing to noobs!!!

PLEASE bring back the alerts!!!! 😞

Can there be a option to either mute or disable nora's transmissions? or at least a reduction in them as you get them everytime you go in and out of the tab. She also appears inside mssions when completing a task, which leads to quite the "spam" from her.

The forced tranmissions were already too much even with 'Hint disabled', covering up HUD (defection and hostage timers), but now it has definitely went overboard, especially with -that- fortuna thing.

We have no official information of the duration of the Season 1, do not draw conclusions based on the minimum time. I have a feeling that it is dependent on how good the new system will work or completion rate (so DE doesn't know it yet), i doubt you have to max every single thing out.

Three things:

-By removing Alerts as missions and replacing them with nothing, you've removed one of the only reliable matchmaking components in the game. There needs to be something substantive to funnel players together. Even if you don't offer anything special for them, outside maybe come extra wolfbux or standing, just having "button to press that makes the game happen" is the vital part.

-This was an opportunity to add more regular high level content to the game. The added challenges don't mean anything if I'm still hunting targets way below my level. There desperately needs to be regular content over level 50 that isn't time-limited, daily-capped, or gimmicky. Why can't I just hop into a level 65 exterminate, or a level 80 mobile defense? Why are there so few choices for basic, novelty-free content once you've cleared the star chart?

-"It's not acceptable for people to have to log in at exactly the right time to get what they want," was the right thesis, but it's staggering that it led you to "instead they should have to log in and do every challenge every day without fail for two straight months to get what they want!"

I hope this is something that is going to see a lot of changes, and soon - the old Alert system needed to go, but in trying to make something for both hardcore and casual players you've made something that really benefits neither.

I just realized something = New players are screwed aren't they?

I mean, if I focus all my play time I could probably get all I want in time, maybe, but I have the chart finished, all but 3 frames, tons of prime weapons and every prime mod I want and with that can do pretty much any mission, but new players who are the one who will need that extra potato the most, or are dying to get extra slots are out of luck.

Seems counter intuitive to make something that leaves new players behind and requires a huge grind to older players, pretty much leaves no one happy...

I mean, I haven't even started to grind and I already miss "Alerts", was making the good stuff (alt helms, weapon BP and potatoes) have a 24h timer too hard? Why re-invent the wheel and then make it square?

DE, please take this as preliminary feedback, but.....

We can see the initial numbers. We can do basic arithmetic. This is, on the face of it, insanely grindy, and that's assuming that the weekly challenges don't spit out something like "Fill five Ayatans" right after you either fill or crunch down your Ayatan stock. As people are pointing out, you can reach tier 30....if you max out your standing by doing every mission for two months, and we have no idea how long the Event stays up.

I like everything about this system, except the weirdly bonkers numerical requirements.

Archived