Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

Sooo, how new players is supposed to get aura mods? 4 random mods per week - how many time until something useful will pop up? And price... is awfull...

I have a full set of aura mods, but I don't have all duplicates if I wanna to provide someone, that just start playing, with something specific.

Next complain - what to do with resources? I have opened all star-chart and can farm anything (only acquiring Nitian and Kat DNA exclusively from alerts), but someone new need a multitude of resources for crafting not available without Alerts rewards until more "advanced" planets. When I started my journey (and until today) one of a source of said resources was ALERTS on Earth/Venus/Mercury. Now new players have NOTHING - no Plastids, no Neural Sensor, no Orokin cells, no Nano Spores. All they have from day on is begging on chat for TAXY  to farm zones... 

And NEXT - what is meaning of bonus  mission XP  ( 1000-5000 affinity was very helpful on early stage of game) removal? 

I'm not reaIIy excited about this, Iike a Iot of peopIe in the French-speaking WE-zone, most of the reasons are aIready written by others,

But some of the changes stiII pretty ok (About xp per exampIe), and the transformation of the annoying aIert system was a good idea.

As my personnaI concern is :

A ) Why choosing hebdo' chaIIenges and not Iike a bi-daiIy (2-days) chaIIenges for the big 3k-5k rewards?

B ) 5 Ayatan "statuettes" seems a bit unfair for casuaIs or no-Iuck ones

C ) The WoIfie cred', seems Iike too few or/and too "spaced" between ranks (Nora's rep. ones), and can be unrewardy or even probIematic for new pIayers (OI' good Nitain)

D) GRAKATA, GRAKATA MOD CLEM (TWIN GRAKATAS CLEM-FRIENDLY?)

E) How Iong a "episode" Iast?

Just now, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

wtf... you sneeky gits!!!  Simultaneous release to all platforms???  Ugh you just royally screwed me... I started playing a bunch of other games.   I was going to tackle Darksiders 3,  Kingdom Hearts 3,  rent The Division and see what thats like in preperation for TD2 and I also dusted off Star Trek Online which has horrible ground combat mission,  insanely horrible menu set up but I still like the ship combat lmao,  even though most of the crap is locked behind a paywall.   

And then I had a bunch of movies I was going to consume from the last 2 months.

=(   But holy crap....   Umbra Forma???  Hells yeah!!!!!  My Valkyr and Garuda say YES PLEASE!!   And who knows what other goodies you guys have put in rewards.   Convict armor??  sounds cool lol.  

By the way, this is not a first-worId premiere, cross-pIatform simuItaneous update aren't something suprising.

But the most surprising thing is : A consoIe pIayer who want to farm this kind of content, maybe that's a NA kind of mentaIity?

2 minutes ago, Gene_Freak said:

-By removing Alerts as missions and replacing them with nothing, you've removed one of the only reliable matchmaking components in the game. There needs to be something substantive to funnel players together. Even if you don't offer anything special for them, outside maybe come extra woldbux or standing, just having "button to press that makes the game happen" is the vital part.

Exactly this!
If you are so desperate to remove the alerts, at least replace them with actual missions that lots of people will be reliably be playing at any given time! 😞

11 minutes ago, Nova-XI said:

Can there be a option to either mute or disable nora's transmissions? or at least a reduction in them as you get them everytime you go in and out of the tab. She also appears inside mssions when completing a task, which leads to quite the "spam" from her.

It doesnt help either that i really dislike her voice.

I think there already is one, bottom right, it's a little check mark

A simple Nitain calculation:

1) New players will require 162 Nitain for all equipment, sans guild research.
2) This means 162 x 15 = 1980 Wolf credits.
3) At a rate of ~50 Wolf cred per week with casual play, this means 40 weeks.

So basically a year buying only Nitain. Zero reactors & catalysts.

EDIT: The Nitain comes in 5 Nitain pack. So instead 162 / 5 * 15 = 486 Wolf cred.
All Nitain gathered in about 2,5 months, at a rate of 50 Wolf creds / week.

I was listening to the radio transmissions since they released. I was thinking it was hinting at a new update drop that hasn’t been spoiled or one of those puzzles that the community will solve for a free code and small spoiler of what is coming. I thought it was mirror self or cephalon glitching out when the broadcast first dropped and I heard dreamer. I was thinking maybe evil space mom is back and we are really in the matrix dreaming lol. However the broadcasts kept on going so I ended up listening until I would hear a repeated sentence. That’s cool that we have some things to do and get rewarded with items you can’t get because it’s part of this event. For mastery xp I hope some event exclusive weapons come back if not attainable by farming certain assassins. Thanks for the update. Hopefully I can get my skin before my 75% expires, lol.

It almost feels like: Alerts should have stayed (maybe modified, maybe not) and their rewards ALSO added to the "Cred Offerings" rotation; The "Reward Tier" rewards should have been in "Cred Offerings" Rotation; Reward Tiers should have rewarded Cred every TIer AND unlocked something useful/interesting/unique; New capture targets should drop a few Cred each; Creds should never be stolen at the end of series 1 (especially if series 2 Cred Offerings are exactly the same); Weekly acts should be daily, rewarding slightly less standing, New Weekly acts should be difficult and reward more standing; "End of Series Countdown Timer" would be nice; Maybe Reaching Tier 30 of Series 1 should unlock Series 2 etc, rather than being replaced by it after an (as yet unknown) number of weeks.

I'd also like to know how long we've to get the 300,000 required for Tier 30

Because you always say it'll change after weeks, so that means anywhere between two and seven weeks, before it goes over to months. If we assume it's seven weeks, that's 43,000*7, 301,000

I'm 100% up for having to do most to get to Tier 30, you also talk "prestige" and then there's some Nightwaves which are hard to get motivated to do. But that is WAY too narrow a margin, and are you thinking we will farm the three random spawns for 50 standing each?

A Hydrolyst? Why can't it be a Teralyst? or Profit-Taker? Just any boss PoE or OV

Five sculptures? I either have to rely on RNG or go buy from others (which is a weird task)

I personally LOVE the idea, but it seems you need to hit EVERY goal (assuming the seven weeks), and even then; dream on about the prestige you mention.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Random Alerts are going away and have been replaced with a Rotation of rewards within Nora's Cred Offerings. This allows players to plan, prioritize and access content for free that previously relied on 'right time, right place' often within a 60 minute window.

Soo...... Nitain Alert? No more 4 Nitain Extracts per day?

I sure don't see any Nitain in Nora's rewards listing.

After a few rounds of doing some of the doable tasks for this nightwave I’m left to wonder if I should continue playing this game or not. 

1 complete a sortie with a friend or clan mate - I’m a solo clan and it’s hard to catch a friend on line at the same time to do sortie as well as I love doing sorties on my own. Adding to that most even with public would do a sortie spy solo.

2 Scan simaris targets- I don’t even bother with doing those as often as I ounce did, there’s not really a point for me to do it.

3 fill ayatans lucky for my hoarding mentality I had a few and lucky I forgot to fill them otherwise it’s 5weeks to fill those 5 sculptures.

3 Why do I have to do so many invasions. I only do them for the odd potato if I catch them, nothing else. 

4 So many bounties, I am still burnt out after fortuna grindfest, recently started back in POE and got burnt out there farming Kinetic diversion which took me 5 months 16 days 4-8 hrs daily. 

5 looking at the rewards for the amount of effort needed to get 50 of the wolf credits I can’t even buy 1 potato!

6 New players are being locked out of mods, potatoes etc as they now have to grind harder and still no chance in getting the creds required to buy these items. 

7 I also have a switch account and only was lucky enough to get 1 teralyst hunt, I have no friends also that are around to do sorties. So it looks like I may never be able to get anywhere with that account for free anymore. 

I know this is uncharted waters but wow this is intense. Don’t get me wrong I love to grind but this tbh I don’t think I can do it. 

Who knows being a hoarder like I am, it may eventually become my obsession as well but for now it’s really have me thinking. 

12 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

A simple Nitain calculation:

1) New players will require 162 Nitain for all equipment, sans guild research.
2) This means 162 x 15 = 1980 Wolf credits.
3) At a rate of ~50 Wolf cred per week with casual play, this means 40 weeks.

So basically a year buying only Nitain. Zero reactors & catalysts.

I haven't been able to log in to the game yet, but I thought they said Nitain would be coming in 5-packs.  So, wouldn't that mean 33 packs at 15 cred = 495 wolf credits, at 50 cred per week means 10 weeks?  If you were able to farm 2 a day from alerts before, that gets you in roughly the same ballpark (though you're not getting any other rewards like reactors, helmets, etc. in that time).

You could, nay should either greatly increase Wolf Creds rewarded or greatly reduce prices, Hell a factor of 10 would be a good start.

I would rather veterans have too easy a time getting their Umbra Forma then a new player not getting his Aura mods early on.

Right now it's far too restrictive for new players to get anything useful and far, far too grindy for older players to get the better stuff.

This feels, and I hope I'm wrong, like an "artificial end game" something to keep veterans busy with new rewards on timed events, so they don't notice they are just doing the same things again and again, while simultaneously putting new players in a very precarious situation concerning Auras and vital gear like potatoes out of their reach... 

The idea is good, the implementation needs rethinking, what do you want with this? Because right now it feels like you want the whole player base to do nothing but these Nightwaves for the rest of the viability of Warframe and I bet that was not the original objective here.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

I haven't been able to log in to the game yet, but I thought they said Nitain would be coming in 5-packs.  So, wouldn't that mean 33 packs at 15 cred = 495 wolf credits, at 50 cred per week means 10 weeks?  If you were able to farm 2 a day from alerts before, that gets you in roughly the same ballpark (though you're not getting any other rewards like reactors, helmets, etc. in that time).

Ah, silly me.

Yeah. It's 5 Nitain for 15 Wolf cred. Not that bad then. 162 Nitain / 5 * 15 Wolf cred = 486 Wolf creds.

So, at a rate of 50 Wolf cred per week, around 2,5 months.

With a few tweaks, this can be really good.

a) People already mentioned the Sculptures mission

b) Sortie with friends - bad idea. I am a solo player by both choice and necessity, as my Internet is quite bad, but at the same time I regularly solo sorties.

c) I'd like to know if ignoring the Hydrolyst and Sortie missions will still easily get you to rank 30 in time

26 minutes ago, Gunner6011 said:

Sooo, how new players is supposed to get aura mods? 4 random mods per week - how many time until something useful will pop up? And price... is awfull...

I have a full set of aura mods, but I don't have all duplicates if I wanna to provide someone, that just start playing, with something specific.

Next complain - what to do with resources? I have opened all star-chart and can farm anything (only acquiring Nitian and Kat DNA exclusively from alerts), but someone new need a multitude of resources for crafting not available without Alerts rewards until more "advanced" planets. When I started my journey (and until today) one of a source of said resources was ALERTS on Earth/Venus/Mercury. Now new players have NOTHING - no Plastids, no Neural Sensor, no Orokin cells, no Nano Spores. All they have from day on is begging on chat for TAXY  to farm zones... 

And NEXT - what is meaning of bonus  mission XP  ( 1000-5000 affinity was very helpful on early stage of game) removal? 

Kat dna I just went to baro and bought another inaros 100ducat mission and scanned the crap outta the kavats and failing the mission. Nitian, yeah, that’s going to be tough on new players. However, unless they’re aiming for quick MR XP or a few helmets that pop up on alerts and cost nitian for fashion then it will hurt the new players. Other than those reasons, they still can reach MR 20+ without crafting nitian. The resource issue early on isn’t that bad as it seems. My new account I’ve had no trouble getting resources needed to craft items and level up my dojo alone. It just took a while to get things completed because of prerequisites for going to a new planet. However, I don’t need a taxi to farm items way ahead of where I’m at mission wise. However, I understand that it can be a pain. Especially for a casual solo player. However, this game is all about the grind. There are many clans in recruitment that will accept anyone and help those who need it.majority of my time in game is spent answering questions to new players in clan that don’t google or wiki information, lol. Luckily, I’m doing trading at the dojo so I have time to just reply. Objectively, nitian will hurt new players that want certain frames but I’m sure DE will come up with a solution for that like possibly increase the drop rate on certain enemies that supposed to drop nitain but never do, lol. Inaros quest line from baro is the best way to get kavat scans because there are so much of them. Also, it beats any lua or level with invisible kavats for scans. Anyways, I’m sure things will be fixed for the nitain, resource and rare fashion helmet alerts.

The only thing that REALLY bothers me is that we don't know anything about how long it'll stay and how much we actually have to do to be able to get everything in time. I like the change, and with a few tweaks I think it's a much better system (personal opinion) but there is currently a lot of missing information which makes it very frustrating.

Are the cosmetic/mod rewards we can unlock from 0-30 will return or they will be limited to this event only?
(I saw it is exclusive but I don't think mods should be part of it as for cosmetics it's fine)

36k/weekly + 1k/daily ~ we need around 7 weeks to complete it with only weekly/daily "alerts". How long we have to finish and can we get more then 50/cap target or they have a fixed spawn somewhere?

Wolf Cred at the end. Can we not lose it just trade it for credits with a x0.5-0.8 as it would normally resulted by selling yourself in time?
(someone may just forget it to redeem the stuff at least give that player something back)

Ok... well, uh. It is nice to get new content, but I have kinda negative feeling about the implementation. I'm glad DE is really reading the posts, though, as that means some changes might be done in the future (for better or worse 🙂 ). 

1) Please, do not force co-op missions on us. Blizzard also did this for some special content and I hated it then, and I hate it now. I don't see the point of trying to find someone in LFG channel to friend with just for one act. I have a solo guild and I play exclusively solo or in pugs. I have now over 1700 hours in the game, and I still do not want to add friends or have clan members. The clause "with clan members or friends" should not be required, ever. I might be ok with "in a group", though, if you want to force non-solo content, although I don't see why you would want to force that either.

2) No alerts is really bad for some things. Yeah, the credit alerts needed to go, but I was still using some alerts for getting, for example, argon crystals etc. Especially the potatoes were much easier to get previously. Now they need 60k rep for one. The official android app alerted me for nitains and potatoes and I was able to get most of them if I so wanted. Now I need to grind a lot of things to get the same that I previously got via one mission.

3) My sons just started playing, both are MR 2 I recall. I was thinking alerts would be possible way to get them some nitains and potatoes somewhat reasonably, as long as one popped up when we were available. Yeah, its random, but really, now it feels just impossible task to get them even one. Previously, I would have had to carry them through one mission. Now I would need to carry them through 60k worth of rep for one potato. 

4) 9 invasions... ehh. 3 captures is ok for 3k and similarly, it should be 3 invasion missions, no more. Max 3 missions of any kind. Same thing with Cetus bounties, 3 bounties for 3k, that is the max amount of missions should be 3 per 3k. If you are ok with 3 captures for 3k, then everything else takes already longer anyways. 

5) For ayatan sculptures, I'm not sure how often this will come up, but I would say max "Fill two" for 3k. That way you can get them from the weekly and use them every 2nd week. The option is buying them for plat, which I hope is not the point of the acts.

6) For bosses, I would think just killing any boss, not just hydrolyst, should be enough. 

7) Cephalon simaris scans? I already have everything from him.... these are just aggravating things. The whole mission specific mob scanning is useless anyways, as just stealth scanning whole extermination mission is way better and faster. Please do not force already bad content on us. (I assume that just scanning any 5 mobs in any mission is not enough for this act.)

8 ) The most important one: HOW LONG will this go on? Should I grind my hair out right from the beginning to get that umbra polarity, or can I skip the dumbest missions and still have a chance? If this is 7-8 weeks, we need every single act done every day/week and probably burn out on the first Nightwave series, while if this goes for 4 months, we can skip half the stuff and proceed with less stress. At the moment the only way to do this is "Grind your hair out" until we find out how long this event is planned to go on. Because having like 285k rep when the event ends would be slightly aggravating...

In general, while the rewards are great and the system itself seems cool, removing the best alerts and making them require a lot of grind maybe was not the best choice for lower OR higher level players, as long as we have things like the official app alerting us and thus removing the randomness somewhat. The Acts need to lower some of the requirements. Some are ok already, but 5 ayatans a week or 9 invasions are not cool, while 3 captures are fine and dandy.

I would love this as an additional way to earn stuff, while just playing the game normally. But with the strict time limit and now being the only way to get potatoes and nitains and having excellent rewards, it feels like a chore straight from the start. 

Thanks.

"yeah there is leeway - we are aiming for around 10 weeks" - @rebbford

That's 430,000, so we can miss 13,000 weekly and be fine

While that's much better than first expected, I still think these changes will make things significantly better:
I. Sculptures; make it ONE, given we can get that from Maroo. Otherwise we rely on RNG (or platinum) to get one

II. Make it ANY PoE / OV boss, as Hydro is just not a sensible request, given it means doing two others first 

III. I don't mind the "sortie with a friend", but as silly as it may sound - could change it to be using a kubrow/kavat and make it more approacable, as I think the moment you have Nightwave rely on others than yourself, you're moving into dangerous territory

My #1 piece of feedback; NEVER have a Nightwave task rely on RNG or others

RNG explains itself, but others; I mean things like "revive x allies", "play a squad with x, y and z frames in it", "do x with [specific] other ally", etc

I think it's a great idea to change alerts, but I fear this will become like the Quills; absolutely frustrating to rank up, and who knows if one week the tasks are in such a way you can't do most of the elite, due to x, y and z - which could result in weeks/months of grind for just to get 299,000 standing

Archived