Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

I won't lie, I think I'll honestly miss the Alerts. As a more chill Veteran who plays this game for fun more than anything else, the old Alerts often guide my playing session and give me ideas for what I want to do next. Sometimes I just zoned out and chose the first non-endless mission that was about to expire over and over, and I felt good about the extra credits I was gaining, especially while I had credit boosters active. Other times, they made me aware that I might be in the mood for a Defense or Survival. Now, with them gone, I might just sit in my Orbiter for 20 minutes questioning how I want to begin my session.

Sure, they were unreliable and the specific rewards like helms, Vauban parts and certain resources were becoming too many to count- So I really like that players have a reliable way to get Nitain and such! But on the other hand, they were reliable in that there were always Alerts running 24/7. It made the world feel like it had a sense of movement and urgency. There was always something to do, without it being stressful.

...If Alerts came back and just gave extra credits as rewards, I really wouldn't mind. They were just nice to have, imo. However, I think this is a great alternative!

Speaking of urgency, I always wanted to learn what the Warframe universe was like outside of our boogeyman nightmare-of-the-Grineer Tenno bubble, when you lived on the ground of the various planets. I think this is an awesome chance to add more lore into the Warframe universe without pushing players to embrace the open world parts of the game. I'm certain we'll hear plenty of interesting stories from our new storyteller. I'm hoping we get a chance to directly defend a colony or something.

I gave it a chance, but guys, it sucks. MASSIVELY SUCKS. Bring back normal alerts alongside this if you don't want to trashbin it for all I care, but JUST BRING BACK NORMAL ALERTS. I homeschool my kids, I literally don't have time for this crap. And I WILL NOT party up for WoS6. I solo play, so whatever group play intentions you had, I don't give a damn & am not doing it.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Awakenedwolf4 said:

So I really like that players have a reliable way to get Nitain and such!

Yeah because doing 20+ missions to get a few Nitain is so much better than the old system where I could get it in under 5minutes even with a poor team.

I haven't tried doing the Triodolon in a open group yet but I bet you their is more people with motes and no gear jumping on them now.

I was hoping this update was going to be more story driven instead its just a few lines of script and get out and do the same old content I have done many times and stuff I have no interest in like incursions, 9 incursions for 3k standing and not a single wolf cred which I can only get 300 of anyway or in other words 10weeks of grind for 4 potatoes if I don't spend any on Nitain putting a massive limit on how many I can get compared to before! I bet in ten weeks of alerts I would of probably managed to pick up more Catalysts and Reactors!

Can we even get to this prison on Saturn?

This update really is more about pushing us into spending on plat/removing it from the market than giving the players something fun and enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, kuryux said:

How long is series 1 planned to stay for? That is a really important info for us to plan ahead! I mean, I really would like not to have to do invasions and PoE bounties to reach rank 30, but Ill do if the time is short

No one really knows.Yet.

My worries are that they are simply gonna monitor progress and after a reasonable percentage of players have reached max reward tier they'll just decide "now it was long enough" and screw over anyone who is a little bit slower or a little more casual...

I was under the impression that when the workshop and other talks about this mode mentioned missions they meant, you know, actual missions. While I do really like the challenge system a lot, there isn't enough of them per week to really satisfy my wanting to get my Warframe on and I was hoping for at least a small story chain akin to the Profit Take heist that was replayable for meager amounts of Wolf standing.

While I haven't yet encountered them myself, it seems like the escapees and the Wolf himself are both running around the star chart and give small rewards if you catch them, but unless that event is highly consistent I have worries about being able to complete my track. Also, I mean, you introduced a really cool new place, a hidden prison deep under the surface layers of Saturn that a bunch of rogue Grineer broke out of. It would be really cool to, you know, go there for a big showdown or something?

I guess I just had an expectation from the way this was presented that it would be different. It's neat as it is and I don't really have many complaints about the content itself, I just want... more? I think? And hopefully future installments will have more. I totally get that stuff like voice lines and other story-related stuff takes a lot of time to develop so I understand that Wolf of Saturn Six may be a bit lacking in that department. I'm not gonna hold it against anyone.

As an aside, for the people who are having trouble with or otherwise complaining about the "Complete X with a friend or clanmate" challenge, if y'all are thinking about changing it but still want to reward play with others as opposed to solo, maybe change it to "Complete X with a friend, clanmate, alliance member, or while set to Public". This fosters more environments where people will play in groups, and will encourage people in small or solo clans or people who don't have Warframe buddies to potentially talk and meet more cool people. I know that a large number of the friends on my list are people I met in public games who did a cool thing.

Alternatively, maybe introduce two challenges where one is "Complete X in [insert group setting text here]" and "Complete X while set to solo" and make it so players can only do one or the other? I don't like that solution as much but it would definitely satisfy almost everyone.

5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

Count me as another that thinks requiring an elite weekly to be run with clan or friends is not a good idea.  Warframe is the one online-only game aside from Mon Hun:World I play specifically because I don't have to put up with other people.  It does just seem to be a lock-out for solo-players, not a boon to those that play in a group as those that play in that fashion play everything that way to begin with. 

Also 5 ayatans in a week is a bit much.  Unless you run sorties constantly or are just resigned to buying them on the trade market it will never be reached by most.  I find maybe 1 every 4-5 days of playing, if that.  If the maroo hunt could be run once a day 5 would be fine, and I would have no problem whatsoever if that change were made, lol.

However, the system is still very unclear.  If there is zero wiggle room and every single objective needs to be met to reach level 30 before the next event begins, the above scenarios are a problem.  However, if 2/3 of the "standing" for the week is enough to fully progress, not being able to complete a couple is not a big deal.  It would be nice to have it clearly laid out how many weeks are in each "season" so that we can roughly estimate how much of these goals need to be met each week.  As it stands it is vague enough I could see players begrudgingly grinding these things out of a fear of missing out, ultimately creating yet another syndicate, but with a time-limit.  So clarity on that front would go a long way towards assuaging most of these concerns.

1 hour ago, slotschii said:

Yep agreed on the "not enough acts" front. But disagreed on the Ayatan front. You can easily get 5 Ayatans just by doing 1 arbitration.

Which in itself is content that most people don't enjoy... Just like two wrongs don't make a right, two broken content streams don't make a good one.

1 hour ago, DoTengri said:

So, let's assume it will indeed run for 10 weeks.

And my goal is to get an Umbra Forma.

And for whatever reason after these 10 weeks ran past, I am still one rank short to get said Umbra forma.

And now you flip the switch and take away everything I have grinded my butt off during the last 10 weeks... and in the end I got nothing because I could not make the deadline. Nothing at all.

Well, you only do that to me once. Because after that happens you and your game are dead to me and off my system. I mean seriously.

You don't get the Umbral forma, but you get all the other rewards before that, which includes a warframe and 2 weapon slots, 6 formas, a syandana, etc. That's not nothing. But i understand your frustration. Timed stuff doesn't work. It didn't work in Gw2, it won't work here... Lets just hope that unlike GW2 they don't take a year to realize it.

51 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

I can't some are actually defending this, at the very least they should bring back the old alert system and run them side by side with the same rates as I know these companies like to get us any way they can. Really have just turned the grind up to 11+ and then it all resets after so many weeks! lol how about make it reset when we get to max for each player... You know making it fun instead of a chore.

12 missions in now and still not earned me a Nitian. 

Agreed. My clansmates said the same thing, and i agree... This didn't replace Alerts. It replaced Challenges, and left us hanging.

I think they could easily keep alerts running tandem with this, or at the very least have missions with guaranteed prisioner and Wolf spawns, if nothing else, a tactical alert like the Stalker Acolytes.

The game also needs some lower tier missions for new players to get materials. Honestly, as a new player Alerts are the main source of a lot of stuff, like neurodes, galium, etc. It's a big misstep to just forget about those.
Basically, veterans won't like how this forces us to grind stuff we don't need, and new players will be stuck without recourse. It's not a great system if it manages to hurt such a widespread group.

Basically, i find it disingenuous to claim this replaces Alerts. What i feel happened, whether that was the intention or not, was that a GREAT replacement for the old challenges was created, but instead of creating a proper set of rewards you just attached the Alert rewards to the system.

If i'm being honest, the best fix for this whole mess, imo, is probably to keep the challenges (aka Acts), keep the reward track, replace the creds rewards with other stuff (maybe a few of the new skins that weren't on the alerts and that decoration thingy that no one will buy because creds are limited), remove the creds store, and bring back Alerts as they were.

Speaking of materials.. As someone who has used boosters and done a lot of farming (again, started in June 2018), yet 1/10th done with the Hema only and just won't bother..

Mutagen Masses need to be easier for new players to get

Fieldron we drown in, especially with Orb Vallis added - Detonite seems fine to get, too

But Mutagen is arbitrarily harder to get, and with a new faction coming this year, I somewhat doubt it'll be looked at unless brought up

Maybe have 500 (I'm dead serious) Mutagen Samples as a reward between Tier 10-15. You even get less of it during Invasions

10 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

If i'm being honest, the best fix for this whole mess, imo, is probably to keep the challenges (aka Acts), keep the reward track, replace the creds rewards with other stuff (maybe a few of the new skins that weren't on the alerts and that decoration thingy that no one will buy because creds are limited), remove the creds store, and bring back Alerts as they were.

Haha only reason I am even playing is to get that silly statue 😛 As for the rewards I don't really care about cosmetics, they are nice and all that but not worth grinding for and the amount of time and the limited amount of credits we can get, I might as well just stick with cracking relics and buying them with plat leaving me nothing else todo since they removed the alerts as I doubt I will reach the rank required in time for that umbral forma and the work level required is just insane. one good relic and thats a potato paid for or 5/6 bad relics will bring in enough to get one out of the store. But they want that as it removes plat from the market.

I guess one of the easiest solutions would it be to run the old alert system and this system at the same time. You would reward the players who are in to the grind and new players / casual players with the old alert rewards. Maybe you could half the credit rewards from alerts and add a small amount of standing for it instead ( around 200 or something like this ) so even players who dont want to anticipate in the new system would reach the lower ranks for a few fashion rewards / extra nitain etc.

5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

I've been mostly solo since after closed beta, So I'm not going to taking down a hydrolyst and I'm not going to drag another warm body into a sortie for no reason, that puts me down 10k per week before I even try.

If the duration means that takes me out of the running for ~r30 and the umbral forma, I might as well not even start, nothing else is in any way needed.

I despise forcing teaming. Especially artificial, number count, warm body checks.

Of course you could just be encouraging us to bot alt accounts? Is that was you're doing?

Umbra forma and new armor?  Woo!

Loving the update so far.  Even though the rewards/difficulty weren't the best, I'm really going to miss the old alerts.  I know you're trying to avoid the whole 'FOMO' thing, but a little credit boost or something like nitain is a good incentive to visit lower level areas again.

Why not have both?  Seems like they could work really well together with some tweaks.

EDIT: After thinking about it for a bit, the 'missing out' thing doesn't make any sense.  These rewards and this new currency are still time-limited and only unlocked sequentially with the threat of all your progress disappearing, so what exactly is gained by removing alerts?  If anything, this requires more of a time commitment than before.

The new system has potential, but IMO a good balance of short-term daily/hourly console alerts combined with weekly/monthly challenges from Nora would be preferable.

EDIT2: The more I play it, the less I like it.  I know the alert rewards weren't great and the Lotus' reminders could get annoying, but now it just feels emptier.  They need fixing, not removal.

EDIT3:  ... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I can't read through all 10 pages of this thread) but this is regarding the kill challenges in Nightwave.

As of this post, there are 2 active ones in the weekly. First is 500 kills. Second being 100 eximus kills. The progress for these challenges are not shared in the active party. What does this mean?

Teammates have to compete for kills in this co-op game.

You might argue, just go solo, or you have a week to complete it. It's not much of an issue for me right now because I have time to spare. Now what about players that are busy with their lives and only get a short time play? Or players that do not have Ember, Saryn, Equinox or other nuke frames?

I'll be honest here. This is more of an annoyance to me but having to compete for kills in a power fantasy, cooperative game is not pleasant. Nothing else in the game outside of conclave requires players to compete with one another during missions.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Duskendawn said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I can't read through all 10 pages of this thread) but this is regarding the kill challenges in Nightwave.

As of this post, there are 2 active ones in the weekly. First is 500 kills. Second being 100 eximus kills. The progress for these challenges are not shared in the active party. What does this mean?

Teammates have to compete for kills in this co-op game.

You might argue, just go solo, or you have a week to complete it. It's not much of an issue for me right now because I have time to spare. Now what about players that are busy with their lives and only get a short time play? Or players that do not have Ember, Saryn, Equinox or other nuke frames?

I'll be honest here. This is more of an annoyance to me but having to compete for kills in a power fantasy, cooperative game is not pleasant. Nothing else in the game outside of conclave requires players to compete with one another during missions.

Are you sure about that? I could've sworn I was getting credit when I was within affinity range 🤔 I remember just following a spinning Ember and getting points towards the challenge. Maybe the ps4 version of the challenge is messed up... 🤷‍♂️

Just now, GentlePuppet said:

Are you sure about that? I could've sworn I was getting credit when I was within affinity range 🤔 I remember just following a spinning Ember and getting points towards the challenge.

Absolutely sure. Tried it out in a capture mission as Ash. Friend came along as Saryn murdering everything. I was within affinity range. My challenge counter did not increase.

Same thing again in ESO and sortie.

26 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

You don't get the Umbral forma, but you get all the other rewards before that, which includes a warframe and 2 weapon slots, 6 formas, a syandana, etc. That's not nothing. But i understand your frustration. Timed stuff doesn't work. It didn't work in Gw2, it won't work here... Lets just hope that unlike GW2 they don't take a year to realize it.

Is that how it works? The rewards are redeemed automatically as you progress in rank? If so then yes, that's a little more.... convenient. I was under the impression I had to save up and only claim the last/highest/final tier I wanted. My mistake? I sure hope so.

But even this way, for casual/slower players the higher tiers pretty much are non-existent.behind a timed gate.

Thanks! Excited for the new release, but won't be able to play test it at all for a little bit.

Also as a casual, I'm honestly not stoked that it's timed. Typically, I take on new content as I'm able, and am always behind other players due to my playstyle + commitments/work. I'm fine with this because the content isn't going anywhere.

@[DE]Rebecca , considering that you all have expressed regret at making timed exclusives in the past (and worked to reintroduce rewards through various missions), is it safe to assume rewards that we miss during one season will return in another one through rotation?

Will the seasonal content itself be on rotation, or will a previous season's content (not the rewards) and enemies be one-time-only events?

48 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

If you missed it earlier;

Ah. Thanks. This should be included in the first post since many of us were looking for how long this season will last.

10 weeks sounds like a lot of time in theory, but depending on our individual schedules, we'll have to see how it shakes out. I'd be in favor of a bit more time (in weeks) so it averages out to four (or three) seasons per year. Ultimately, DE will have to find a balance between those who will blaze through all the content and those of us who are slower.

Archived