Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Update 24.3.0 - Nightwave

[DE]Megan

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the Radio Chatter toggle trigger in the Orbiter and moved into the Settings > Audio.

Is there a reason why this was removed? If you can turn it off and on in the menu, why remove the toggle? More interactive things in the orbiter is better than fewer interactive things, makes your ship feel more alive. Por que no los dos? This is why I should actually play the damn thing before commenting. The update notes could be a bit more clear that the toggle was changed into the Nightwave button, it wasn't removed.

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Note Beacon text appearing in Navigation dioramas if placed behind the Navigation console.

This is a weird "fix" considering this function of note beacons was used prominently on Prime Time streams, and the showcasing of it on said streams is why I spent 35p on another beacon and spent over an hour lining up the text properly. Not to mention the time spent moving the decorations I had there previously. Normally I wouldn't be up in arms about wanting a recourse for changes like that but if it hadn't been for DE's own marketing actions showing this feature I wouldn't have even thought to try it; it's a bit or bad business to show off something and then yank it away after the sale is made.

I kinda wonder but do i get this right that this will not stay forever, meaning you can miss rewards? I hate games that do that, i mean Warframe so far brought mods and weapons back in one way or another, may it be Baro or different events, this feels like a step back.

May i also ask why we not just could had kept both, random alerts AND the replacement, so if you really missed something from alerts so far and want it you can get it still, while alerts are a bonus to get them, Nighwave would be just a safer way towards those.

It is kinda same when they changed Invasions back then, credits i would still prefer as reward while fieldron and detonit injectors are useless for peopel like me who have still like 60+ and more with everything build and researched. And now this comes along telling me to do 9 invasions with weapon parts i not need and no one wants and or the resources i mentioned, i would do invasiosn randomyl more already if credit rewards would be a thing again, Index feels boring to me and farming dark sector is also not the best, so Credit invasions would be something.

Getting of track here but, seriously DE, its nice for people to have alternativs now for the alert rewards but come on, this feels dated and forced.

Personal opinion i not evne find most rewards appealing, Umbra Forma it feels likea joke still for me when it was leaked back then even, what is the point of Umbra frames then if you can forma such way, it feels pointless for me and not worth my time and just squeezing out the hype for such.

Patch appears to have broken ranking up syndicates which are hostile to you. The sacrifice will be consumed, but you'll remain at the lower rank.  A few of us have bug reported and submitted tickets, but this is just a heads-up so others can potentially avoid this until it's looked at.

Unfortunately this update just killed a good portion of my ability to play the game, and all of my ability to play it together with family. 😢

Our primary desktop computer still runs the game fine, but our laptop can no longer join or host any missions now that DX9 is gone.

While it's not a gaming laptop and doesn't perform nearly as well as our purpose-built desktop rig, it still easily clears the minimum system requirements- the laptop is running Windows 7 Professional, has 8 gigs of RAM, has a Core i7 2.90 GHz processor, and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card. (low end graphics card, I know, but it's DX11 compatible and runs the game just fine in DX10/DX11 mode. In fact, not only does the game look better when running DX10/DX11, it also has better framerates, and even when running missions in Fortuna it stays above 30 fps)

The reason that we needed to use DX9 mode despite the worse in-game performance it offered was because the matchmaking was (and still is) utterly broken for us on the other two modes, booting us out of any and all cooperative missions during the loading screen. (speaking of which, load times in DX9 mode on the laptop were short and comparable to the ones we got on the desktop. In DX10/DX11 modes though, load times suddenly went through the roof, and are almost certainly related to the inability to join/host any sessions with other people)

This has been a long-time bug that several other people have run into over the years. Before, it wasn't as important since a workaround existed. Now, that workaround fix is gone and the bug is still present.

Solo play is still on the table when using the laptop, (once you get past the excessively long load times) but that's a poor substitute for playing with others. And now that one of the new Nightwave objectives is to do things with friends...

2 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

And is it enough time to make 10k x 30 to reach that 30 tier?

That's what i'm thinking about too, the announcement is very vague about how long this event is going to run, "several weeks" being the only information.

This is a vital detail if anyone strives to reach tier 30. If i have to do every daily and weekly challenge to get there in time before it's over, i will most likely not put much effort into it because i simply can't put that much time into the game. If it stays up for 10 weeks, you can easily calculate how many challenges you're allowed to miss until tier 30 or 29 or 28 is unreachable for you. I hardly have time to play this week so i'll most likely miss this weeks challenges. Do I still have a chance to reach Umbra Forma?

Every other time-limited game mode / challenge / bounty / prime access / event / tactical alert etc has a pre-announced time limit. Why not this one??

hello everyone.

first of all, thanks for the update.

although, this new alert system looks fine and all, what it comes down to is more grind and time gates for getting the rewards we were getting by old alerts, plus some more rewards, which is debatable if deemed worthy compared to all the grind we need to put ourselves into for getting them.

til now, we only needed to run the appropriate alerts we were interested in.
now, we need to grind up all the way to the rewards we are interested in.
this is more grind, on top of more grind.

plus, the 4 days time frame and all the time gates used for it is a bit off, if you ask me.
the time gates need to be increased, 4 days is nothing, for example.
we do not live and breath in game, we have lives and jobs too.
make it more reachable/achievable for the new players and casuals too, for all those players who do not play 24/7.

also, not a decent choice to add the umbral polarities in the rewards there.
if i recall correctly, what was said was that those mods won't be added.
needless to point out how frustrating some people are due to this thing alone.
not me particularly, since i did not forma my stuff to oblivion to fit those umbral mods in, but some people did and i understand their frustration right now.

all and all, the new alert system looks fancy and all, but it is not as convenient as i expected it to be, due to the reasons i mentioned above.

thank you for reading!

4 hours ago, MaidGalaxy said:

With the content being episodic, does this mean this is another set of content, which players can permanently miss out on, similar to tac alerts and operations from the past?

I'm assuming no. Most of the base rewards will always be there, such as even the umbra Forma. 

But tbh, I kinda really want more exclusive content. I'm not entitled, I just think that with the game shifting into an mmo more and more, it would be cool to have x, y and z weapon that you can't get anymore. Deffinately not frames, but with an episodic "event" alert system like this, exclusive weapons could be a cool reward for being there for that episode 

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

I know, but unfortunately it caused some issues with Nightwave.

Sorry!

You know what would be cool? Some sort of decorations that could be implemented INSIDE the star map. Like something that sits next to you. Like maybe your cat sits next to inside the star map view. 

4 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

This is nice, but the fact that the main issue of the gun still hasn't been fixed really sucks. You or anyone can kick the ball away and make it fly into space, the ball needs to be immaterial to players because they can screw up the one using it. Also, balls fusing still move it and invalidate the ball's whole purpose.

Please, DE for the love of mutalist quanta, make this one change. I love the gun, but the alt fire is near unusable because of the bouncy collision physics with everything in a mission.

4 hours ago, BadxHero said:

I do feel like the Umbral Forma should maybe not be on this list until you guys limit the number of Umbral mods a normal Warframe can use. Because, it seems arguably pointless to have Primed Mods for normal Warframes replaced by Umbral Mods, which are supposed to be exclusive to Umbral Warframes. I mean, as it stands, most players don't have much of a reason to USE normal/prime Warframe mods when they could simply use an Umbra Mod. Think about changing this DE. A suggestion to solve this problem would be that you could limit the number of Umbra mods a non-Umbra Warframe can use at any given time. That, or you can simply restrict Umbral Mods to Umbra Warframes. Also, I haven't been able to play it. The game's kept crashing for me. My computer meets the minimum specs and...well...I was playing it just fine yesterday. Dunno what happened.  

That's why it's only a single umbra for a for this episode. 

And make sure you have dx11 and 10 both ticked 

Just now, -TSA-Rubicon2.0 said:
  Hide contents

OWjHgQk.png

Like this ? 

I'm really not sure why you quoted me since I responded specifically to someone who actually had leveled up correctly and simply missed that ranks start at 0. But yeah, that definitely looks wrong.

you know i really hope there is more then just grinding random spawns for 250k in rep because the road map you gave me dosent go past 50k max with  the dailys and its leaving me wounder am i suppost to grind 27 hours worth of missions yes 3 guys at 50 so 150 every 5 mins is 27.77 hours of in mission time for the 250k need to get to the 300k for the last reward. So am i missing some thing or is this what was intended and i just need to start no lifing for my weekly rewards now and how long is a series a week a month when DE feels like it feed bake would be nice so we can figure out how much work per day we need to be putting in or from the way it looks now BINGE NOW or never make it.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Changed the Mutalist Quanta Alt Fire damage type from Electricity to Toxin and slightly increased the Explosion Range from 6m to 8m.

Why was this change necessary? This change does not in any way incentivise the need to use Mutalist Quanta as a primary weapon whereas other Primary weapons outshine this weapon in every way. The only real use this weapon has atm, is in eidolon hunting as Ivara, where its damage boost quite handy for artemis and castanas. This new change from Electricity to Toxin basically make this weapon useless in the one scenario where it was useful. Please revert this regression.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the Mutalist Quanta Alt Fire damage type from Electricity to Toxin and slightly increased the Explosion Range from 6m to 8m.

Did you bother to ask the like three people who actually like this weapon, because I NEVER wanted it changed to toxin.  That sucks.

Archived