Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Update 24.3.0 - Nightwave

[DE]Megan

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Vallis Reinforcement Beacons triggering Spy Bounty alarms if they were placed before the Bounty phase started.

Oh that would explain how that kept happening. I usually only do vallis bounties with friends and I kept telling them to go "hide somewhere" until I was pilfering the data from the vault. Glad to finally know that is finally fixed, thank you.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the Mutalist Quanta Alt Fire damage type from Electricity to Toxin and slightly increased the Explosion Range from 6m to 8m.

Uh wait, does this mean the mutalist quanta alt fire no longer gives electrical damage to projectiles fired through its orbs? Does the crit chance and crit damage buff still function normally?

I ask because I'm concerned on how this affects Ivaras who have done eidolon hunting with a mutatlist quanta + sancti+Castanas setup. Will this hurt them negatively?

DE can we please discuss the requirement to do Sortie with a friend or clanmate?  I'm most comfortable doing Sorties either solo or with my brothers, but one of them sometimes goes weeks without logging on, and the other months.  Some really only prefer solo Sorties and you know what?  That's valid, DE.  Others may have connectivity issues which make multiplayer Sorties dicey.

Please reconsider that sort of requirement.

don't put social missions in nora's, I'm here to play your game not here to make friends. If I wanna see my friends I would just go out with them. if u insist on putting these kind of social missions at least make it to play with random/pug not mr25+ clannies circle jerk.

what's next on nora's mission? add one player to friend list? these kind of missions feel like something made by EA or some mobile game. DE PLZ

7 minutes ago, Gh3nje1 said:

Complete the daily/weekly acts that are listed - e.g 'Deploy a Glyph', you do this in any mission by the looks of it.  This earns you standing towards the reward tiers.  Acts refresh weekly (or 4d 4h currently) so you can then earn more standing.  Don't know if the individual acts are repeatable, probably not?

Wait, so it's not actually replacing alerts and is simply a list of cheevo-style challenges?  Eeesh.  Colour me kinda disappointed honestly.

Not sure I like this. This is a similar daily/weekly reward system from a game I used to play and these tasks are the main problem for most players (in that game). It forces you to do a lot of unnecessary stuff...on top of the grind you have to do. Players in that game are queuing in pvp matches only to afk and/or chat because they need the "points" for doing the daily pvp task but they don't really like pvp, which ruins the pvp of that game. And I can see the amount of leechers will drastically increase.
Kill x amount of things? Do something for x times? Yeah, they're not fun and just gonna end up eating more of our play time. Might be good for players that have enough gears/nothing to grind for but for the new players this is going to add more load and pressure since some of the tasks may require a good gear (eidolon hunt, sortie). If a new player sees these tasks they would feel obligated to rush their progress with gearing. Probably good for DE's $$$ perspective but for the players this is...a bit of torture.

Another thing about this update - Nora became annoying really fast. Her face on alert screen aggressively invades personal space, and we really don't need a message from her every bloody time we exit her screen, or complete her mission.

Achievement popups are also extremely annoying. I don't want to be notified repeatedly 20 times in a row while killing these 500 enemies. There is zero reason for this pestering.

I do feel like the Umbral Forma should maybe not be on this list until you guys limit the number of Umbral mods a normal Warframe can use. Because, it seems arguably pointless to have Primed Mods for normal Warframes replaced by Umbral Mods, which are supposed to be exclusive to Umbral Warframes. I mean, as it stands, most players don't have much of a reason to USE normal/prime Warframe mods when they could simply use an Umbra Mod. Think about changing this DE. A suggestion to solve this problem would be that you could limit the number of Umbra mods a non-Umbra Warframe can use at any given time. That, or you can simply restrict Umbral Mods to Umbra Warframes. Also, I haven't been able to play it. The game's kept crashing for me. My computer meets the minimum specs and...well...I was playing it just fine yesterday. Dunno what happened.  

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the Mutalist Quanta Alt Fire damage type from Electricity to Toxin and slightly increased the Explosion Range from 6m to 8m. 

This is nice, but the fact that the main issue of the gun still hasn't been fixed really sucks. You or anyone can kick the ball away and make it fly into space, the ball needs to be immaterial to players because they can screw up the one using it. Also, balls fusing still move it and invalidate the ball's whole purpose.

5 minutes ago, BadxHero said:

I do feel like the Umbral Forma should maybe not be on this list until you guys limit the number of Umbral mods a normal Warframe can use. Because, it seems arguably pointless to have Primed Mods for normal Warframes replaced by Umbral Mods, which are supposed to be exclusive to Umbral Warframes. I mean, as it stands, most players don't have much of a reason to USE normal/prime Warframe mods when they could simply use an Umbra Mod. Think about changing this DE. A suggestion to solve this problem would be that you could limit the number of Umbra mods a non-Umbra Warframe can use at any given time. That, or you can simply restrict Umbral Mods to Umbra Warframes. Also, I haven't been able to play it. The game's kept crashing for me. My computer meets the minimum specs and...well...I was playing it just fine yesterday. Dunno what happened.  

There is one mod that has a primed and umbral variant and in most cases the primed one is better. Stop thinking about Umbral mods as a new class and start thinking them as a variant of the primed mods. Plus we have no idea if we will ever see any beyond the current 3 Warframe mods and 2 melee mods or if we will ever get another Umbra frame.

27 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Not sure I like this. This is a similar daily/weekly reward system from a game I used to play and these tasks are the main problem for most players (in that game). It forces you to do a lot of unnecessary stuff...on top of the grind you have to do. Players in that game are queuing in pvp matches only to afk and/or chat because they need the "points" for doing the daily pvp task but they don't really like pvp, which ruins the pvp of that game. And I can see the amount of leechers will drastically increase.
Kill x amount of things? Do something for x times? Yeah, they're not fun and just gonna end up eating more of our play time. Might be good for players that have enough gears/nothing to grind for but for the new players this is going to add more load and pressure since some of the tasks may require a good gear (eidolon hunt, sortie). If a new player sees these tasks they would feel obligated to rush their progress with gearing. Probably good for DE's $$$ perspective but for the players this is...a bit of torture.

I agree on some parts of this.

I still paly Desitny 2, and they have a similer weekly objective rotation with a few daily things to keep you doing stuff. it... gets old real fast.

I rather dislike the seasonal way they do some of there stuff, at lest with some of it no longer showing up that is, and it looks like DE is taking that approach with this.

I have a few freinds still palying and I am sure I will go up a few ranks.... but in the long run this might cause me to paly WF a bit less. I like being able to jump in now and again, but not somehitng i feel i have to do every week, or even every day to be relivent. D2 is worse about it because its tied to your overall power level.

what it comes down to is this is a way to keep people palying it, for longer, on a weekly/daily basis... and im geting real sick of having games that do that.

Archived