Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voidhymn

Random thoughts on Nightwave so far

First of all, congrats on the update.  I'm really stoked at having some additional lore to dig into, and being able to grind towards specific rewards you want is a neat feature.  Nora Night is a really neat character, and I can't wait to hear more from her and the stories she has to tell.

However, I'm not a fan of the current gameplay loop to earn rewards at all.  Having a list of 'do x things to earn x standing' currently feels like the worst kind of busywork, and most of it is completely incongruent with the actual theme of the story.  What has spraying glyphs or running Konzu bounties got to do with the story of the Wolf?

To be clear, I'm not asking for more voice acting or story content than what's there just now, far from it; but what I would like to see are more activities actually focused on the theme in question.  So, for instance, with Wolf Of Saturn 6, the Wolf has broken containment on Saturn - maybe you run a special spy mission on Dione to obtain a set amount of Nightwave standing.  Maybe there's a higher level capture mission where you're sent to capture one of the Wolf's followers on Telesto that gives higher standing.  You're still running the same old missions, but the player can easily infer that what they're doing is relevant.  Anything to get the player more invested in the story at hand, because currently it is almost entirely incidental to the grind, and I feel that sells the concept really short.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm moaning.  I really love the idea behind Nightwave and see tons of unrealised potential there, but in its current form it feels more like a list of unrelated chores, and I could see it being so much more.

100% agree I like the idea of running missions towards an ultimate goal but a lot of the tasks just feel like busy work. Instead it would be nice if the tasks were running missions that were harder or easier based on if they were a daily weekly or elite. Maybe even if the missions had modifiers on them similar to riven challenges that were on theme. I dunno. I just don't derive the fun that keeps me coming back to Warframe from socketing 5 sculptures.