Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complaints about Nightwave? Read this!

Hyroncore

The new Nightwave and removal of Alerts has hit and it seems alot of misinformation and confusion exists.

I want to start this discussion by linking to an article that I recommend be read BEFORE commenting. 

The main issue that appears to be stinging the community is the fact that alot of the missions are weekly. They are about 50/50 Daily and Weekly. Dailies run 1-3k standing and Weeklies are up to 5k/

Sure this first cycle gets your first Wolf Cred pack but your also ignoring that this isnt even 24 hours into the first day.

We do NOT know the cycles yet and as such further complaints are invalid at this point and "BOYCOTT NIGHTWAVE" and similar threads are wasting time both yours the poster and the time of those who read it. This is a brand new system so I reserve judgment but the complaints are either due to misinformed players or those who have yet to read the titles on their goal tabs either way wasteful and pointless.

This also raises another concern that I have seen and that is a trend of increasing abuse and negativity in ingame comms channels that can be ignored to a point sure but is a sign of a toxic minority thats slowly gaining traction as they do if the Mods and forum admins are not stepping in in a fair unbiased and timely manner. I hope all the "boycott nightwave" and similar threads that are based on incorrect information get some clarity from DE CMs and locked as there is no purpose for their existence aside from trashing what has been the best upgrade to the game since the removal of the Solar Rails.

UPDATE 1 Please read this tweet and realise the issues WERE taken into account with things such as the % quoted in the tweet among other things. Thanks to the person who added this to the thread sorry I am unsure how to copy paste this forums quotes (GG WTB old BBboards >_<)

Update 2

I would like to point out something alot of the complaints have missed. Currently as of launch there are random triggered events where you can capture 3 Fugitives for 50 standing each. I had yet to do alot of the new Nightwave quests prior to encountering my first capture situation and have faced and successfully captured 3 full sets so far on tilesets of all levels. I assume prior to any confirmation here or on the subreddit or from DE directly you will be potentially able to do other such random events. This is why I urge the community to be cautious because if that were to occur we not only have a brand new system removing alerts that the MAJORITY of players disliked for legitimate reasons but this vocal minority will finally understand that we as the community do not I REPEAT do NOT know the future plans for this great game and we are best served by DE engaging a bit better and for the community to be patient as a whole both ways.

Edited by Hyroncore
Tweet added directly from Steves twitter to update thread.
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

There is 1 daily. The one that rewards 1k standing. Rest are weekly. After you do the weekly and dailies, you're pretty much out of luck and just waiting for the next cycle. Also quick maths have been done and basically if you miss just a few weeklies you are kinda boned from getting the max tier.

Really? that seems like alot of grinding for players who don't have the time to do so.

I heard elsewhere that you only need about 65% of all done in a season to get max, not sure if that's true or not.

Edited by Latiac

Just now, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

There is 1 daily. The one that rewards 1k standing. Rest are weekly. After you do the weekly and dailies, you're pretty much out of luck and just waiting for the next cycle. Also quick maths have been done and basically if you miss just a few weeklies you are kinda boned from getting the max tier.

Again.

CYCLE 1

This is a key point people are ignoring.

I had multiple dailies so unless I misread I believe that to be incorrect and will be double checking to be sure. But that aside the above bold text still stands. Nothing released to date has gone without drastic change within days if not hours of release and the "Boycott" and other similar posts are just showing sheer entitlement and ignorance of that fact. Sure its NOT PERFECT currently but was the Sortie system? No? Was the system to give us Kubrow eggs? No they added those to alerts prior to a recent increase in drop rate thus facilitating a removal from the current Nightwave system shrinking the pool of required buys, Same deal with the Kavat gencodes. All of this mentioned in my OP link btw.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

I believe there are two dailies: one for scanning 25 times, and one for placing a glyph.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Really? that seems like alot of grinding for player who don't have the time to do so.

I heard elsewhere that you only need about 65% of all done in a season to get max, not sure if that's true or not.

Oh dear I would suggest holding out until we either get a DE response saying that is required or we find out at the end of this first Nightwave. People are thinking its purely designed to give them items easily. Sad fact of entitled gamers coming to games that were originally niche and well hidden I guess. 😞

Just now, Keybones said:

I believe there are two dailies: one for scanning 25 times, and one for placing a glyph.

Thank you knew I wasnt insane but that is still a moot point as its cycle one of a brand new system that will in time be tweaked like every other system was. Remember Solar Rails? And Vay Heks Terra Frame chicken raid? Systems that were removed due to issues making them work. Melee 2.0 has had numerous tweaks and now Melee 3.0 is coming out in a carefully staged release pattern. Solar 2.0 reworked the map system and made NPE much MUCH cleaner. NPE itself has changed soooooooooo much since I started 6 years ago.

These are many examples of systems both tweaked and removed and quite frankly I can almost gaurentee the vocal whine is coming from people A) With SEVERE entitlement issues who quite frankly SHOULD be ignored. or B) that refuse to read patch notes and devstream QA such as the thread DE Danielle created to answer issues with Nightwave.

1 minute ago, Keybones said:

The glyph was yesterday's. The scanning one is today's. 

3 minutes ago, Hyroncore said:

Again.

CYCLE 1

This is a key point people are ignoring.

I had multiple dailies so unless I misread I believe that to be incorrect and will be double checking to be sure. But that aside the above bold text still stands. Nothing released to date has gone without drastic change within days if not hours of release and the "Boycott" and other similar posts are just showing sheer entitlement and ignorance of that fact. Sure its NOT PERFECT currently but was the Sortie system? No? Was the system to give us Kubrow eggs? No they added those to alerts prior to a recent increase in drop rate thus facilitating a removal from the current Nightwave system shrinking the pool of required buys, Same deal with the Kavat gencodes. All of this mentioned in my OP link btw.

They also removed sortie seasons. Let's not forget raids either. This may be the first weekly rotation but it's more of the same for veterans: do challenges and then wait for more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

The glyph was yesterday's. The scanning one is today's. 

They also removed sortie seasons. Let's not forget raids either. This may be the first weekly rotation but it's more of the same for veterans: do challenges and then wait for more.

Ok here is something I can discuss. Sure it can be an issue for veterans such as myself to wait. BUT we do NOT know what is coming. All the complaints at this stage are mere speculation. What IS NOT follows:

1. A system that is allowing veterans like myself who had no access to resources like Nitain the chance to finally get them. 
  2. A system that allows REAL choice not just a fake choice created by an algorithm plucking x number of alerts from y pool that I will not always have time for.
  3. A system that is brand new that WILL require and of course get tweaks as the ones we mentioned (PS the chicken frame bad joke was related to Vay Heks Earth Raid :P)

Most veterans were ignoring all bar very specific alerts and this allows you access to rewards YOU CHOOSE. This has been a long time coming frankly and the fact people said hardcore players could get 15 nitain in the same time frame as the reward tiers allow currently ignores the major fact that THOSE ALERTS WERE TIME SENSITIVE and now they are not! 

Also I want to correct you the 2 dailies were there since launch and I believe unless you can stack them like you can in other games that is a false statement saying 1 was yesterday and 1 was today. Until I can be sure when they are supposed to reset both for the daily and weekly reset I will not speculate further though.

12 minutes ago, Hyroncore said:

Also I want to correct you the 2 dailies were there since launch and I believe unless you can stack them like you can in other games that is a false statement saying 1 was yesterday and 1 was today. Until I can be sure when they are supposed to reset both for the daily and weekly reset I will not speculate further though.

You are correct, the two daily tasks were there since launch, atleast I certainly think so.

It's certainly a better way to get those resources that were previously gated behind these alerts (that could pop at 4am when we were asleep.),

I can only suggest one change, The chance to give a small amount of Wolf Creds (Or whatever creds follow in it's wake after this season is over) whenever we capture those unique enemies that show up in a mission (name has escaped me), that way we can still consistantly get a small dribble of these credits.

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

You are correct, the two daily tasks were there since launch, atleast I certainly think so.

It's certainly a better way to get those resources that were previously gated behind these alerts (that could pop at 4am when we were asleep.),

I can only suggest one change, The chance to give a small amount of Wolf Creds (Or whatever creds follow in it's wake after this season is over) whenever we capture those unique enemies that show up in a mission (name has escaped me), that way we can still consistantly get a small dribble of these credits.

Now this I can get behind. They give 50 standing per capture at present and pending further targets of that sort cred instead would be an awesome change. Remember though this is day 1 and we do NOT yet know the full extent of the Wolf of Saturn's influence there and in the system as a whole. We could end up fighting him later on in the Nightwave release period and earning MASSIVE cred/standing. At least I hope so. Would give vets a reason to be patient and newbies goals to work towards 🙂

Sorry but heres a few ways this system really sucks.

Your efforts go towards garbage, you really want your time & rep to farm 10k for a noggle? Oh how about that 3 pack of forma, so hard to get right? All so you can HOPE via the same random algorithm that picks the challenge or HOOP you gotta jump through for a Riven, for challenges that dont suck for the next 3-4 days, its the daily sortie with Rescue, spy & Defection, but your stuck with it for badly needed materials,

now, it can take up to 6 days of random Hoops to get enough of the expiring creds where as before it could be 2-3 days with each mission giving you the material ready to use.

Doing away with the alerts was a BAD IDEA! Nightwave is fun I can admit that, but it should NOT be THE PRIMARY MEANS of progress or material acquisition.

And this is just me, but I really hate the name, it just sounds so lame & why cant Nora play freakin music, I mean you guys ripped this off from the Warriors, & thats great! I DIG IT! but its so wierd having a mouth always looking like its ready to talk taking up half your screen that says one sentence, go GTA radio & have her as an actual DJ or commentator have grineer call ins, nef anyo prank phone calls, but music please! Or have nora come & go from the mic stand, make it feel alive, like a real person pops on & off randomly.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Sorry but heres a few ways this system really sucks.

Your efforts go towards garbage, you really want your time & rep to farm 10k for a noggle? Oh how about that 3 pack of forma, so hard to get right? All so you can HOPE via the same random algorithm that picks the challenge or HOOP you gotta jump through for a Riven, for challenges that dont suck for the next 3-4 days, its the daily sortie with Rescue, spy & Defection, but your stuck with it for badly needed materials,

now, it can take up to 6 days of random Hoops to get enough of the expiring creds where as before it could be 2-3 days with each mission giving you the material ready to use.

Doing away with the alerts was a BAD IDEA! Nightwave is fun I can admit that, but it should NOT be THE PRIMARY MEANS of progress or material acquisition.

And this is just me, but I really hate the name, it just sounds so lame & why cant Nora play freakin music, I mean you guys ripped this off from the Warriors, & thats great! I DIG IT! but its so wierd having a mouth always looking like its ready to talk taking up half your screen that says one sentence, go GTA radio & have her as an actual DJ or commentator have grineer call ins, nef anyo prank phone calls, but music please! Or have nora come & go from the mic stand, make it feel alive, like a real person pops on & off randomly.

Ok to the first point I recap the fact we do NOT know how much standing we get this is day 1 week 1. Sure the noggle etc are a bit lame and honestly should go onto cred rewards for people like me who have most of the alt helms and weapon skins and just need a handful of nitain. BUT Look at tier 13 to 25 3 weapon mods for weapons that look to be INSANE fun 40k kuva and thats just FIRST NIGHTWAVE!

On your issue with her face. I can totally agree here. Maybe make her like DJ Sona skin was done for LoL where you can choose music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Worldeditorful said:

Just a question. Is there any info on how long will one event last?

Possible standing depends hard on that topic. For example if its 4-6 months its much easier if it's just 2,5, right?

The creds expire at end of nightwave so UNSURE at the moment. I will dig around and see if I can find that info when DE drops it if they havent already.

Yeah, thats great, but remember, random missions, theres not telling what theyll do or if people will even be able to GET that far, if the hoops get harder, or just not fun to do, it becomes work & if I wanted that, i went mining & fishing.

Now its a grind all the way with no telling if the effort will even get you to where you want to be, let alone if you even CAN get there, again they should not have just tossed Alerts wholly, they were an AMAZING stop gap between dedicated play time & quick progress towards a desired goal, one niatin meant you were one more closer to your goal, now, its an unknown.

Make the alerts location dependant, you only see them if you are IN that system when they pop & then they go away in like 10 minutes, more often, but pure luck & you uave reason to move around too.

• Like 1

People, the daily have like almost 3d duration. Is just one (1k standing). You can have two because is the second day already (2-3h after the update was the reset). 

And i guess all "the rage" is not about the system, but simple because is nothing new, just the same old content repacked again in a new "faction". And you don't like invasions or bounties? Did this so much by now farming whatever that you can't stand being near Cetus? To bad... they are the "new" quest. Is the same answer why Fortuna is bad... fantastic art, map design and locations with the same old 6 bounties to repeat to death and a empty boss - what ruins the experience.

Just to exemplify the LOVE for this mindless standing grind of the community (at Steam, with a peak of 56,344 players today): 0.7% have SU maxed out, and only 0.1% Ventkids. To much love? Toxicity in this case is just sincere feedback.

Edited by Kwikwilyaqa
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Yeah, thats great, but remember, random missions, theres not telling what theyll do or if people will even be able to GET that far, if the hoops get harder, or just not fun to do, it becomes work & if I wanted that, i went mining & fishing.

Now its a grind all the way with no telling if the effort will even get you to where you want to be, let alone if you even CAN get there, again they should not have just tossed Alerts wholly, they were an AMAZING stop gap between dedicated play time & quick progress towards a desired goal, one niatin meant you were one more closer to your goal, now, its an unknown.

Make the alerts location dependant, you only see them if you are IN that system when they pop & then they go away in like 10 minutes, more often, but pure luck & you uave reason to move around too.

5 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

People, the daily have like almost 3d duration. Is just one (1k standing). You can have two because is the second day already (2-3h after the update was the reset). 

And i guess all "the rage" is not about the system, but simple because is nothing new, just the same old content repacked again in a new "faction". And you don't like invasions or bounties? Did this so much by now farming whatever that you can't stand being near Cetus? To bad... they are the "new" quest. Is the same answer why Fortuna is bad... fantastic art, map design and locations with the same old 6 bounties to repeat to death and a empty boss - what ruins the experience.

Just to exemplify the LOVE for this mindless standing grind of the community (at Steam, with a peak of 56,344 players today): 0.7% have SU maxed out, and only 0.1% Ventkids. To much love? Toxicity in this case is just sincere feedback.

I point you both to this article here posted prior to launch today of the new Nightwave system, 

Some of the math we have showing the amount of rep we get vs an estimated wolf duration makes me wonder... What if they just made the rep week scale down for the fact we started late. We only have 4 days left till the first reset so maybe they wanted to start things off light for a worry that some players might not be able to do in 4 days what they plan to have laid out for a week?  They do want the system to be something you can do completely on your own time.

I dunno its the only thing I can think of really.

Edited by Annnoth

18 minutes ago, Hyroncore said:

I point you both to this article here posted prior to launch today of the new Nightwave system.

Sure... "unique" standing, i read that on launch (you can't spend standing, only the new token to complement the standing you are grinding). Is a faction with one extra step, nothing more. A new currency associated with it does not make the faction unique... is like call Baro unique... or good...

And my criticism was about the chance to get rid of one annoyance (alerts) and replace for something new, refreshing for old players (that repeated every single mission to complete exhaustion already). The just made the alerts weekly, bundled in a new faction, with a "unique" currency to get the rewards.

The point is: they miss one good opportunity again. And that's why i used Fortuna as the example too: a new place, with solid design and artwork, but with the very same core mechanics of Cetus (making all the experience just a repetition of a repetition).

Obviously, they want to start out with an estimated 'too strict' points handouts, and calibrate it towards the upside based on results, as the event progresses.
E.g. if most players are positioned to fail reaching the R29 reward, you bet they will ramp up the payouts towards the end of the period. There are so many ways they can do this. Increasing the chance of running into the wolf and his cohorts, being a very likely one imo.

Ok.  I've earned my first rank in Nightwave.  It was 10k rep.  The next rank is also 10k rep.  So lets maths this out a little...

This system was rolled out today, Weds, but "weekly" implies to me this is intended to be an actual weekly thing, so I'll assume that the reset time is the normal Sunday reset that includes things like Maroo, meaning that we'll normally have seven days to complete weekly acts, not roughly four as we appear to have this week.  We have two daily acts at 1k rep, seven weeklies at 3k, and three at 5k.  Though the objective may rotate, currently at least two of the weeklies are in no way achievable by newer players without getting carried (Hydrolist and Sortie).

Assumptions: majority of Nightwave rep will be earned by daily/weekly acts, each Nightwave rank is 10k rep, weekly acts reset every 7 days

The daily and weekly acts if you complete them all come out to 50k rep per week.  At 10k rep per rank that's five ranks per week and there are 30 ranks, meaning that with acts alone you would need a minimum of six weeks to complete all 30 ranks, and as previously noted this rate of rep gain appears to be impossible for newer players who are not sufficiently geared for certain acts.

So my question is this: how long are Nightwave seasons?  Too short and you're locking newer players and even some more solo-oriented players out of the higher rank rewards.  Too long and you'll have people sitting around wishing Alerts are still a thing.  So far as I can tell this is going to guarantee that some people are going to loose out, so who's it going to be: newer players or players that can complete every act every week?  Also: if the creds are rendered useless at the end of a season you absolutely have to tell us when that season is going to end so we can make sure to spend our creds, otherwise people are going to be super-pissed.

• Like 1

Just a tiny thing to add: you get 50 standing for each of the prisoners that you capture randomly in missions. (Don't know how much the wolf gives, yet, personally). Someone in another thread mentioned that after you reach rank 30, you gain prestige ranks for more wolf creds? I don't have confirmation for that, but it potentially reduces the problem for solo'ers who can't do the elite weeklies, depending on the length of the event.

That can add up for those who can't complete some of the non-solo missions. (I think my friend and I can do the sortie one each week, depending on objectives, but not hydralyst)

I liked the alerts better for quick runs for specific rewards... they could keep those going, and just have the Nightwave as an RNG equalizer with its evergreen rewards: you can always work toward a goal through Nightwave, but if you're around, and you catch an alert, you profit.

I really miss the resource alerts already - Oxium, Tellurium, Nanospores, Neurodes, Neural Sensors (even the bulk resources that are easy for anyone to get).

(Especially Kubrow eggs, because I think it's stupid to force people to slaughter Kubrows to get a pet Kubrow - if they're animal lovers of any sort, doesn't that just seem odd?..., and Kavat codes because finding and scanning kavats is a pain, even with crowd controlling abilities - all my codes came from alerts, and I have all the Kavats I need, but I pity all players to begin today, or who never bred their Kavats.)

I disagree with the price/competition of Nitain, with reactors and catalysts, using the same pool of limited currency per Nightwave series (unless you heavily grind to the point where you gain creds in those prestige ranks, if that's a thing. I think I already farmed all the Nitain I'll ever need, running every non-interception alert for Nitain since I started playing a little over a year ago, but my friend who just started is in a bad spot now.)

Overall, good idea, but IMO, Alerts should still be running along side Nightwave, to make everyone happy.

28 minutes ago, gfb537 said:

Ok.  I've earned my first rank in Nightwave.  It was 10k rep.  The next rank is also 10k rep.  So lets maths this out a little...

This system was rolled out today, Weds, but "weekly" implies to me this is intended to be an actual weekly thing, so I'll assume that the reset time is the normal Sunday reset that includes things like Maroo, meaning that we'll normally have seven days to complete weekly acts, not roughly four as we appear to have this week.  We have two daily acts at 1k rep, seven weeklies at 3k, and three at 5k.  Though the objective may rotate, currently at least two of the weeklies are in no way achievable by newer players without getting carried (Hydrolist and Sortie).

Assumptions: majority of Nightwave rep will be earned by daily/weekly acts, each Nightwave rank is 10k rep, weekly acts reset every 7 days

The daily and weekly acts if you complete them all come out to 50k rep per week.  At 10k rep per rank that's five ranks per week and there are 30 ranks, meaning that with acts alone you would need a minimum of six weeks to complete all 30 ranks, and as previously noted this rate of rep gain appears to be impossible for newer players who are not sufficiently geared for certain acts.

So my question is this: how long are Nightwave seasons?  Too short and you're locking newer players and even some more solo-oriented players out of the higher rank rewards.  Too long and you'll have people sitting around wishing Alerts are still a thing.  So far as I can tell this is going to guarantee that some people are going to loose out, so who's it going to be: newer players or players that can complete every act every week?  Also: if the creds are rendered useless at the end of a season you absolutely have to tell us when that season is going to end so we can make sure to spend our creds, otherwise people are going to be super-pissed.

The ONLY indication of how long the season is is that the Wolf Cred packs decay at the end and there is a timer somewhere (The post I linked in OP mentioned it right at the bottom) The rep gain issues you and others have mentioned are moot until we get word from DE. Sure in the past they have made mistakes and thus launched redux Plague Star and Ghouls as a result for one example of a positive change. I get that the issues for lower players are fair BUT for example I just helped someone today who is MR 6 figure out what they needed to unlock Sorties. When he has that done I will do them THIRD time for me today to help that player. The major issue I see is people are making the newer players an excuse and not looking at this as a potentially positive community building aspect. Time will telll and I will keep doing what I can to help new and low MR players achieve the same level of success that I can.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Just a tiny thing to add: you get 50 standing for each of the prisoners that you capture randomly in missions. (Don't know how much the wolf gives, yet, personally). Someone in another thread mentioned that after you reach rank 30, you gain prestige ranks for more wolf creds? I don't have confirmation for that, but it potentially reduces the problem for solo'ers who can't do the elite weeklies, depending on the length of the event.

That can add up for those who can't complete some of the non-solo missions. (I think my friend and I can do the sortie one each week, depending on objectives, but not hydralyst)

I liked the alerts better for quick runs for specific rewards... they could keep those going, and just have the Nightwave as an RNG equalizer with its evergreen rewards: you can always work toward a goal through Nightwave, but if you're around, and you catch an alert, you profit.

I really miss the resource alerts already - Oxium, Tellurium, Nanospores, Neurodes, Neural Sensors (even the bulk resources that are easy for anyone to get).

(Especially Kubrow eggs, because I think it's stupid to force people to slaughter Kubrows to get a pet Kubrow - if they're animal lovers of any sort, doesn't that just seem odd?..., and Kavat codes because finding and scanning kavats is a pain, even with crowd controlling abilities - all my codes came from alerts, and I have all the Kavats I need, but I pity all players to begin today, or who never bred their Kavats.)

I disagree with the price/competition of Nitain, with reactors and catalysts, using the same pool of limited currency per Nightwave series (unless you heavily grind to the point where you gain creds in those prestige ranks, if that's a thing. I think I already farmed all the Nitain I'll ever need, running every non-interception alert for Nitain since I started playing a little over a year ago, but my friend who just started is in a bad spot now.)

Overall, good idea, but IMO, Alerts should still be running along side Nightwave, to make everyone happy.

This right here is an example a PERFECT example of what we do NOT know and why we should be more patient specificly the words in bold. Until we get either ingame verification from players or DE directly commenting we can NOT continue to speculate wildly as it just isnt worth the time spent doing so. Sure the math is wonky and as mentioned in other replies the week started off short due to the wednesday patch. 

I reiterate that time and patience are key with all things Warframe and this is no exception.