Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add an option to mute radio person

Cosmicblues

Just mildly peeved about this because you put it into a topic that had nothing to do with what I asked, please DE let us mute Lotus and her over bearing dialogue without muting everyone else. The nightwave content had me turn on transmissions for the first time in a year and I enjoyed hearing the rare and sporadic elements of conversation. But then I was reminded why I turned it off as Lotus kept nattering on and ruining the mood.

Lotus's hints are good for new players, to a point. But she never stops telling people that It's the Grineer, or Take power cores to extractors and other meme worthy wastes of time. The over use of her voice lines is actively hurting peoples enjoyment as they want to hear the rarer, sporadic dialogue, but they don't want a tutorial program they can't turn off. Ideally I would like to still hear the Lotus, but only sporadically as part of quests (where she still says "We've got infested") or as rare statments. As it is I can't hear the Nightwave presenter because I realy can't stand to listen to the same voice line repeated ad-nausium.

I'm not one for big explanations so I'll just get to it: Nora Night's transmissions are annoying. Everytime I check the Battle Pass menu she chimes in. Same with every time I do one of the many easy tasks even without thinking of it. We have an operator voice toggle so it's not like it's unprecidented. Technically the same issue exists with Maroo an the syndicates but because of how little you interact with them it's not as annoying as Nora, who literally has multiple daily challenges. I just want to be able to check the nightwave menu without having to hear someone saying one of a dozen lines that get old very fast, and play missions without wondering if I'm going crazy as multiple voices are going off in my head.

And before someone says it I know there's a transmission volume thing. It doesn't stop the windows from popping up and doesn't cancel Nora.

+1 for removing non-quest and non-important dialogue. This is *not* just muting, I don't want this crap polluting my screen at all. This includes the spam which we get when trying to do a sortie. Important would be stalker/other assassin arrival, mission change to exterminate announcement, or life support at critical. It's NOT the Grineer, nor is it some obnoxious talk show host or some other boss taunt.

Why does DE keep moving topics that AREN'T about muting Nora here? I've posted twice asking for the ability to mute LOTUS'S extranious dialogue so that I can enjoy Nora's new lines without constantly being told "It's the Grineer". Is DE actualy reading these or are they just dumping anything about transmissions here to collectively ignore them.

Edited by GuiltBlade

I love Ordis dumb humor, he grew up to me, but i don't like a radio reminder in the middle of a mission calling some sort of hero or symbol for someone in some sort of metaphorical remark or whatever, it's just out of place

• Like 1

The humour in this game, at least in some places, is really not my beer, so I like neither Ordis nor Nora. Can't we have someone serious talking to us for once, someone who means business? Like someone who actually wants us to save the galaxy or whatever and not keep us from that with menial tasks, bad jokes and irrelevant stories?

So yeah I'd like the option to mute her too, also to remove her popup same with ordis.

We will soon be adding a number of the Nora transmissions to the "Enable Hint Transmissions" toggle in Audio options screen.  This way you can have her non-essential transmissions muted if you want to (in addition to the Lotus and Ordis ones already affected by this slider).

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

We will soon be adding a number of the Nora transmissions to the "Enable Hint Transmissions" toggle in Audio options screen.  This way you can have her non-essential transmissions muted if you want to (in addition to the Lotus and Ordis ones already affected by this slider).

Sounds good.

I have to ask, though. What transmissions are supposed to be essential? Because I haven't heard a single one from Nora, that I would categorize as such.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, [DE]George said:

I plan on making a more detailed feedback post in the appropriate thread, but I wanted to give Nightwave a little more time to soak in as part of my experience before I put any serious thoughts to paper.

That said, I do feel like I should toss in a rough draft of some of my concerns in response to this before any major changes are made. I would rather not have Nora be lumped in with the Lotus and Ordis when it comes to transmissions. In general I think it's not the wisest policy, because I think a lot of the issues with Nora come from the character and her demeanor and not necessarily the fact she has things to say. Nora was very charming for the first day of Nightwave, but has quickly become a character I wish to see far less of due to her tone, dialogue, and the sort of things that trigger her transmissions. Nora's transmissions have become something that actively takes me out of the Warframe experience, and I don't want to lose portions of other characters just because I want to hear less from another one.

I think the way Operator voices and Ordis were handled are exactly how Nora should be. A toggle or volume control for her transmissions, and just her transmissions, would go a long way to making her more tolerable. I run with Ordis on and Operators off, and that level of customization is part of what I really enjoy about Warframe.

13 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Is it possible to get some larger updates to transmission options? Like:

-Give Nora her own toggle, like Operators have, or maybe put it on the Nightwave menu, i.e. maybe people want to mute Nora but not the Lotus,

-Add more Lotus transmissions to Enable Hint Transmissions - ideally most of them, all the ones that say things veterans would never need to hear, like explaining what spy vaults are. A way to turn off her non-quest transmissions entirely would be ideal so they don't pop up at all, and you guys don't have to figure out which ones are non-essential. At the moment it doesn't feel like this toggle does very much at all, since she still spams me with hints about how to do missions I've done a thousand times.

-Maybe a way to mute all non-quest transmissions entirely, including boss taunts.

I realize this would likely be a hell of a lot of work, I'm certainly not assuming it'll be easy, but I personally feel it would be the best result. At the moment, for example, I want to hear Nora, but not the Lotus, so I can't turn up transmission volume, yet she pops up on my HUD all the time anyways.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

On 2019-03-04 at 10:53 AM, [DE]George said:

@[DE]George , All of the Nora transmissions are non-essential and annoying. I can find all of the information I need on the Nightwave screen. The only Nightwave information I'm interested in seeing outside of the screen is the completion notification. It at least is useful information while in a mission.

17 hours ago, MacKerris said:

@[DE]George , All of the Nora transmissions are non-essential and annoying. I can find all of the information I need on the Nightwave screen. The only Nightwave information I'm interested in seeing outside of the screen is the completion notification. It at least is useful information while in a mission.

This. Unless they're telling me that this mythical wolf is going to appear in my mission, I have no interest in seeing or hearing any of them. They don't convey any useful information and they are in fact actively harmful when they block out a decent portion of my screen and stop me from seeing incoming hostiles or weapons fire.

I wish I could only hear her when I click "Tune In" on the Nightwave screen. I hate hearing nonsensical useless small talk, be it in game or real life. As of right now she feels like an Anthem Fort Tarsis NPC. Her experience is SO cheap because she always MUST say something and 99% it's completely useless, pointless dialogue.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to poke this since it's been a week and I think some of the other suggestions here are really worth discussion. 

In particular, kudos to the user who pointed out that the "disable hints" toggle is almost completely useless. 

I'm not sure what's considered a "hint" as far as that is toggle concerned, but I would consider 99% of what lotus says other than the "time to move audio" in defense/mobile defense/interception/excavation missions to be completely extraneous. 

This is not a new problem. 
My #1 complaint with warframe has been the audio team's apparent disregard for the audio slider settings, and #2 is their tendency to force us to listen to the EXACT same audio/music even if we don't want to. 

It's even more frustrating when things like the UN-SKIPPABLE "ordis breaks the radio" scene in the war within and "We all lift together" fortuna intro completely ignore the music volume slider and play  PAINFULLY loudly anyway. 

This isn't just a matter of frustration from repetition, You are forcing players to choose. 
1) Actual information vs repetitive soundbites
and
2)Game Sounds vs physical discomfort.

Until you fix the issues and let me consistently control what and what volume your sound design is pumped into my headphones, I'm forced to just mute everything and rely on luck/visual queues for the 'important' game information. 

• 4 weeks later...