Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.3.2 - Nightwave

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, --Q--Cumber said:

Yes, Please increase the Wolfs spawn rate. i've been running missions all day and still have "zero" encounters.

what he said.. not seen a single time and I've been running missions for 4 hours now

10 minutes ago, Silver-Priest said:

I don't like a lot of things about new system, but all of them can be fixed.

First - annoyance issues with Nora night. Her face on the night wave screen is huge and violates personal space. Can it be toned down a bit? We need a button in options to disable her transmissions when exiting the Nightwave screen and when completing the "achievement".

Second - some "achievements" are way out of balance, and create a huge additional chore list, that forces players outside of what they already been doing:

Complete Sortie with a friend - drop the friend requirement, everyone is just getting temporary friend at this point and it is not any different than regular matchmaking. It fails at getting people together and just annoys everyone.

Complete Cetus 8 bounties - Several issues. If you already have everything from bounty drop-table, you really don't want to grind them just for Nightwave. And high level ones take a lot of time. Why restrict it to Cetus? 8 is too much (way too much). Two sounds balanced. You can complete an entire sortie pack in the time it takes to do 2 high level bounties.

Complete 9 invasions - if you already have everything you need from them, it is a chore you don't want to do. Limit it to 3.

Fully socket 5 ayatan sculptures - i suggest replacing it completely. You need arbitrations to get it reliably, and nobody wants to add mandatory hoarding of ayatans added to their grind list.

Complete 5 scans for Cephalon Simaris - same thing, you don't want to grind a bunch of them after you got all you need. Limit it to 2, so it can be completed in one Simaris target.

I've only seen the Wolf once.

It happened while I was leveling weapons with others on Helene. It took us ages to actually kill him, and we got nothing. Truly the best experience when fighting a miniboss /s

Other than that, I'd like some more challenging daily/weekly acts. I finished all of them within 5 hours. While I definitely like the Nightwave system more, I had more stuff to do with the old system, even if the rewards were worse/more random.

I'm hyped for the stream later today!

Edit: Now that my head isn't pounding and I can actually read, I can see I misread "changed some Grineer meathed's dropped part to be tradable", which is a good move since his spawn rate is so low. I've heard his spawn rate will increase as the "story evolves" (based on what was said in tonight's Prime Time), but hopefully that won't be too little too late by the time we can fight him more commonly.

I'm not sure if Hydron is the best place for him or what but I saw him twice in a row there in the first two missions I played today. Maybe I just had good RNG.

Furthermore, regarding Mr. Meathead "Wolf of Saturn Six" Damagesponge, can you take a look at just how durable that guy is? Jesus Lotus-Kissing Christ is he absorbent to pain. A weapon that can clear enemies in sorties is having a difficult time even whittling him down in a reasonable timeframe. It's ridiculous. He's immune to status, so no slash or toxin procs, nor can his armor be stripped by corrosive. Abilities don't work on him so that's out.

At least he doesn't have ridiculous AOE damage like Eidolons or absurd knockback like the adds in Orb Mother fights.

Just now, Silverfields said:

It happened while I was leveling weapons with others on Helene. It took us ages to actually kill him, and we got nothing.

Are you sure you actually kill him? I heard from people that if you take too long he just goes away and drops nothing. (If true, great idea btw, ultra rare spawn, super tanky, and leaves when not killed fast enough)

21 minutes ago, ---PV---Sniga said:

The UI still has some bugs - Sanctuary Onslaught reward text overlays.
Capturing a Wolf invader says Nightwave <Reputation_Small> Standing

Any chance to at least hint us at what makes The Wolf spawn, or improve spawn chances? Right now the chosen ones that see actually meet him ask for autographs instead of drops. 

Can we get more diverse challenges? Maybe some cumulative fissure survival minutes. Engaging in Arbitrations? Frame-specific things?
Definitely increase the amounts of current ones. 3 Capture missions take 3 minutes and it is a weekly challenge?
"Elite Weekly" challenge takes a few rounds of ESO as Saryn.
"Daily" challenges seem to last for 3 days. Intended, or?
The acts that require us to do Invasions and Bounties seem inconsistent. We have to do a full bounty for it to count, yet only one stage of the Invasion also counts?

Reveal hidden contents

S6H3FfH.png8O8wmNs.png

Also weekly: Fully slot 5 statues.

The amount of Arbitration or random drop grinding needed for that is absurd when compared to simply finishing a Sortie with a friend/clanmate (and that also pays more).

But properly balancing these things is asking too much of them, considering what has been done already. If they bothered, the rewards would be based on effort and accessibility (new, mid and end-game players), not randomly picking numbers like that and calling it a day.

2 minutes ago, Caramello said:

Are you sure you actually kill him? I heard from people that if you take too long he just goes away and drops nothing. (If true, great idea btw, ultra rare spawn, super tanky, and leaves when not killed fast enough)

We were at wave 5, and his HP was fully depleted when it moved onto wave 6. Maybe one of the mods I got was a part of his loot table? Either way, I've been playing for a good 9-10 hours since Nightwave released, and I've only seen him once. If he only shows up once in 10 hours, none of the casual players will be able to make his weapon.

I'm hoping there is some kind of requirement for him to spawn and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Can anyone confirm whether the fix to the trade tax on gems also includes a fix for the trade tax on Glappid (and apparently also Synathids) also being raised to 1 million credits each?

(Can't test personally before trades reset, already hit my daily trade limit)

36 minutes ago, SecretRaginMan said:

He's immune to status, so no slash or toxin procs, nor can his armor be stripped by corrosive. Abilities don't work on him so that's out.

Oh great, yet another boss immune to basically everything but raw damage and critical hits. Because we totally don't have enough status/ability-immune bulletsponges already...

Come on DE, why do you even have Status procs and Abilities if we're not allowed to use them on anything important? Freaking reduce their potency on bosses if you need to, but stop this silly, arbitrary immunity bs you've got going. Please.

I want the normal alerts back. 

The Nightwave is cool, but as a addition to the alerts not a replacement.

The Alerts were one of the best parts of the game and the least grindy by far. Why must games these days increase the grind rather than show a better way to do things. 

Before: 1 capture run for a Nitain Extract gets you 1 Nitain Extract. 

Now: Multiple tasks need to be completed to get to tier 3, to buy Nitain Extract with wolf Cred.

This is not improving the story , it is disrespecting people's time that they have to play

With removal of the old alerts,  Can we have the option to choose what alerts can be displayed on our navigation console?   For example,  I'd like to see/track sorties on the navigation console display or track what invasions missions are up without me having to interact /access the navigation UI.   

Hello
sorry i speak bad english, i'm french
I play Warframe since the release of the game I'm rank 26, but now with this new invention of the new update 24_3_0 - Nightwave.  DE  you do anything, I'm fed up with wraframe,
you're forced the player to to play a lot of mission that does not concern us,,, not interested , , not interested , , not interested ,
the challenges is too long , the challenges are too long
the challenges are not too much fun ...     the game is made to have fun  .....   now with 24.3.0 warframe it's the chore  , you're forced the player to to play the chore  😞
I will not stop playing warframe   it's not normal 
I am not a baby, I am 54 years old and I play with my children of 17 and 18 years old + my friends French and Quebec
I do not say thank you , bye

Archived