Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: The Ether Reaper Is Not Like The Ether Sword

ADDpillz

The description is False:

With a blade forged from the same material as the Ether Sword, the ETHER SCYTHE delivers quick death to it's victims.

Actually,

The weapon is made from the same Made in China crap as the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ether_Daggers'>Ether Daggers 

WHY DE WHY!!!!!!??!?!?!?!

Edit:

Ill be real DE, whoever your designers are have to be the best in the industry. This weapon looks sexy as hell. 

But the stats on it make me nerd-rage.

To be Fair, it was my fault for expecting it to play like the Ether Sword/ Dual Ether. 

Edited by ADDpillz

What he means is that the Ether Reaper deals Blade damage, which is unlike the Ether Sword or Dual Ether, both of which deal Serrated Blade (armor-ignore and x3 to light Infested) damage.

Maybe it's not good right now, but the damage rework is coming soon.

Ether daggers deal blade damage too I think. Or did they get changed?

Ether daggers deal blade damage too I think. Or did they get changed?

They do deal Blade damage, which is why ADD refers to it as the same in-China crap as Ether Daggers. And I agree. Look at the non-AI Ether weapons! They look very sharp and light. Why don't they go right through armor? D:

Although there's something I dun get. The normal Ether Sword goes through armor, implying that it can cut through armor. The Ether Dagger that comes with the Dual Ether also goes through armor. But two Ether Daggers and an even bigger blade don't?

They do deal Blade damage, which is why ADD refers to it as the same in-China crap as Ether Daggers. And I agree. Look at the non-AI Ether weapons! They look very sharp and light. Why don't they go right through armor? D:

Although there's something I dun get. The normal Ether Sword goes through armor, implying that it can cut through armor. The Ether Dagger that comes with the Dual Ether also goes through armor. But two Ether Daggers and an even bigger blade don't?

What he means is that the Ether Reaper deals Blade damage, which is unlike the Ether Sword or Dual Ether, both of which deal Serrated Blade (armor-ignore and x3 to light Infested) damage.

That's what I'm referring to, as ether daggers deal blade damage I think.

That's what I'm referring to, as ether daggers deal blade damage I think.

What he's saying is that before the Reaper, 2/3 Ether weapons dealt Serrated Blade damage. Hell, you could say they all do, because the dagger swings from the Dual Ether also ignore armor. Why doesn't this apply to the Ether Reaper as well?

What he's saying is that before the Reaper, 2/3 Ether weapons dealt Serrated Blade damage. Hell, you could say they all do, because the dagger swings from the Dual Ether also ignore armor. Why doesn't this apply to the Ether Reaper as well?

And what I'm saying, is you're wrong, ether daggers don't ignore armor last I checked. That's my point. OP is saying the reaper is as bad as the ether daggers, not worse than ether daggers.

And what I'm saying, is you're wrong, ether daggers don't ignore armor last I checked. That's my point. OP is saying the reaper is as bad as the ether daggers, not worse than ether daggers.

I didn't say it does. I said you can "say" (consider) it armor-ignoring as the Ether Dagger used along with the Ether Sword in the Dual Ether also ignores armor. The swords do, so why doesn't the dagger? Why not the scythe? They both look like they could easily rip armor.

Also, by consider the Ether Dagger armor ignoring, I didn't say the daggers are, just that the dagger (singular) used with the Ether Sword does. If it can, why don't two of them ignore armor?

Considering the fact that we were only given 2 craftable weapons for U10, I think we should be complaining about lack of weapons instead of how good/bad the weapons actually are. 

2cents

Edit: However, I will not make the Ether Scythe because it's blade material does not resemble any of the current Ether weapons. An oversight, I hope.

warframe_056.jpg

Edited by Archistopheles

I didn't say it does. I said you can "say" (consider) it armor-ignoring as the Ether Dagger used along with the Ether Sword in the Dual Ether also ignores armor. The swords do, so why doesn't the dagger? Why not the scythe? They both look like they could easily rip armor.

Also, by consider the Ether Dagger armor ignoring, I didn't say the daggers are, just that the dagger (singular) used with the Ether Sword does. If it can, why don't two of them ignore armor?

Ahhhh I see, you meant the dagger used when you use the ether swords.

I'll make it because it looks cool.

I don't really care if it's bad, or not.

It is a good model, but just imagine if the blade was an Ether blade? Man that'd look sexy. Maybe make the current model a skin and give the Reaper the correct model.

But seriously, it's not the right model. What do you think of it? Does it look right?

Considering the fact that we were only given 2 craftable weapons for U10, I think we should be complaining about lack of weapons instead of how good/bad the weapons actually are. 

2cents

Edit: However, I will not make the Ether Scythe because it's blade material does not resemble any of the current Ether weapons. An oversight, I hope.

warframe_056.jpg

Given more than two.....

Kama. Ether Reaper. Soma. Synapse. Boar Prime. Dual Ichor. Dakka. Embolist.

This might not even be all of them, I just don't remember the rest.

Edit: Added a few more with the all mighty power of the internet.

Edited by Alphascrub

Given more than two.....

Dakka Prime*, the surprisingly sexy dildo longsword. It just has to be a longsword.. Edited by AlchemistMute

Dakka Prime*, the surprisingly sexy dildo longsword. It just has to be a longsword..

Hek, it could have armour piercing damage and a fast fire rate with moderate damage.

I think that would be a pretty good longsword.

But it will probably just deal Blade damage.

Hek, it could have armour piercing damage and a fast fire rate with moderate damage.

I think that would be a pretty good longsword.

But it will probably just deal Blade damage.

I'd just stay with my Dual Ether, attacking 2 times per second and dealing 90 armor-ignore damage per slash while cleaving and being able to Ethercopter, although nowhere near as effective as Zorencoptering.

Given more than two.....

Those all need either a clan workshop, or drops from a restricted tileset.

I was refering to weapons we could craft straight from the market's BP.

I too was hoping the regular click attacks would be serrated blade damage like the ether swords as eluded to in the Ether Reaper description.  It would have given the Ether Reaper a niche to make it different from the other heavy weapons, especially since the charge damage is lower than Gram or Scindo.  Unless it's changed I don't see the point of it, which is a shame since I like the animations and base look.

Also the in-game description for the weapon  implies that it is related to the ether sword. I was just expressing my disappointment. I finally thought I was going to get a heavy weapon that didn't have to be a charge centered build to be relevant in higher content. 

Why would you use normal attacks anyways? I've tried dual ethers with maxed pressure points and fury, just didn't compare to a charge build, and more annoyingly, on enemies that took more than a few normals to kill I had problems attack moving around them.

I get bored with charged builds:

I like using melee spamming builds every once in a while.

kept the game fresh

Edited by ADDpillz