Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

equinox prime concerns

GrimAtrament

If DE are in a charitable mood: 4 pieces across 4 relics. Standard.

If DE are feeling evil: 9 pieces across 9 relics. Muahahahaha.

My prediction: 9 pieces across 4 relics, with 1 relic holding 3 pieces and 3 relics holding 2 pieces each. 4 Commons, 3 Uncommons, 2 Rares.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

honestly, i hope they do just like the original. ALL the pieces. that's going to be a damn, delicious salt-fest " Too much grind wah-wah-wah i cannot get equinox on the first 8 hours after it's out, this is a grindwall, De is forcing us to pay to get it" ... #*!% off... xD just to piss them off, i would be ready for farm as much as the original.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's going to be 4 parts. Prime frames are there for those who don't bother farming the regular version and rendering the regular version obsolete because it's inferior in any aspects. Don't worry about having to collect 9 different parts, Prime frames are for casual. Sooner or or later you'll get them.

Edited by AzureScion

it better not be 8 pieces-9 pieces bs cause grinding 8-9 pieces just to build unless DE decide to update UI slots 5 to 9, if not im not taking risk of using 2 trade slots and end up being "scammed" 😭

On 2019-02-28 at 6:36 PM, KnossosTNC said:

If DE are feeling evil: 9 pieces across 9 relics. Muahahahaha.

No, if they're feeling evil, it'll be 9 pieces across 3 relics, and the 3 pieces per relic will be the rare and uncommons.

Edited by XRosenkreuz

did we have to use saryn, volt, ember and frost prime parts for chroma prime? no
did we have to farm primed proof fragments for Limbo Prime? no
did we have to farm a special Alad V version for Mesa Prime? no

There's no need to be concerned, it's highly unlikely DE would change their standard prime crafting scheme for just one frame. and Even if they'd do it initially, peoples' complains would change that rather quickly.

On 2019-03-01 at 2:04 AM, mikakor said:

honestly, i hope they do just like the original. ALL the pieces. that's going to be a damn, delicious salt-fest " Too much grind wah-wah-wah i cannot get equinox on the first 8 hours after it's out, this is a grindwall, De is forcing us to pay to get it" ... #*!% off... xD just to piss them off, i would be ready for farm as much as the original.

THIS

please DE, make it 9 pieces PLUS a 10th relic that allows each aspect to mingle with the others.....PLZ

• Like 2

On 2019-03-02 at 8:33 AM, Airikr said:

did we have to use saryn, volt, ember and frost prime parts for chroma prime? no
did we have to farm primed proof fragments for Limbo Prime? no
did we have to farm a special Alad V version for Mesa Prime? no

There's no need to be concerned, it's highly unlikely DE would change their standard prime crafting scheme for just one frame. and Even if they'd do it initially, peoples' complains would change that rather quickly.

Simaris: IRRELEVANT!

Seriously now though. Chroma using different frame parts is not the same as one frame having more than the common amount of parts. Considering all those frames (prime ones) hypothetically needed to craft Chroma Prime are vaulted, not the same case as farming several parts of the same frame.
None of the quest frames were related on their prime parts, so that has nothing to do with it, and nothing to do with the amount of parts a frame would have, since Equinox is unique on this.

Part of me wants it to be 9 parts just for the lulsies, but if we take game mechanics into account and how trading is a big part of prime sets and trades being restricted to 5 items, and they're giving us a 6th slot for dual pistol full sets, they're probably not gonna release a new set that can't be traded in 1 go after fixing the 6 parts one.

8 minutes ago, Vanille said:

Simaris: IRRELEVANT!

Seriously now though. Chroma using different frame parts is not the same as one frame having more than the common amount of parts. Considering all those frames (prime ones) hypothetically needed to craft Chroma Prime are vaulted, not the same case as farming several parts of the same frame.
None of the quest frames were related on their prime parts, so that has nothing to do with it, and nothing to do with the amount of parts a frame would have, since Equinox is unique on this.

Part of me wants it to be 9 parts just for the lulsies, but if we take game mechanics into account and how trading is a big part of prime sets and trades being restricted to 5 items, and they're giving us a 6th slot for dual pistol full sets, they're probably not gonna release a new set that can't be traded in 1 go after fixing the 6 parts one.

maybe the trade market will separate by itself the different parts of Equinox? in one trade, you give the sun set, in the second trade, you give the night set...

I don't think DE will be so evil as to make us farm 9 parts lol That'd be a little too much grind. I'm just concerned with what weapons are coming with equinox. Probably have to wait till next Dev Stream to see anything (since it takes about 3 months for them to pump out a new prime frame). Staticor prime please. I need to be able to blind everyone on the map at once

13 minutes ago, HipofBabylon said:

I don't think DE will be so evil as to make us farm 9 parts lol That'd be a little too much grind. I'm just concerned with what weapons are coming with equinox. Probably have to wait till next Dev Stream to see anything (since it takes about 3 months for them to pump out a new prime frame). Staticor prime please. I need to be able to blind everyone on the map at once

speaking of the three months period, how much time has our beloved cow-girl prime been out?

lets look at it this way:

PA is DEs second largest source of revenue after direct plat sales.

PA is expensive as #*!%,

PA needs to have incentive to be purchased (for some the accessories are enough incentive),

what could be incentive to buy Equinox PA? to have the Equinox prime parts be tough to get and have insane grind.

How can it be made tough to get? spread them across multiple relics and make them rare.

will you spend (or demand if you are seller) more plat to get 8 parts or 4?

if you need more plat will you purchase said plat ?

So there is a real possibility that we can expect multiple parts of 8 to 9 to make PA better on a common sense economical standpoint.

yes we didn't need other parts for chroma but his base still needed 4 parts and most of the frames of the base BP were vaulted , so there was no means to get them in regular farm cycle.

That will not be the case for equinox.

Do not forget , DE is still a company and it still needs to make profit.

They may still take the high road and release 4 part equinox , but 8 or 9 parts is still a real possibility.

20 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Do not forget , DE is still a company and it still needs to make profit.

They may still take the high road and release 4 part equinox , but 8 or 9 parts is still a real possibility.

This.

And there's always that ONE stinking part to buy with plat after burning through 20+ radiant relics.... 

Yes that's happened. 

I'm (mostly) not bitter.

Nope.

• Like 1

Considering Chroma Prime did not require Saryn's, Volt's, Ember's, and Frost's parts to build like im Vanilla Chroma's building gimmick, I don't think Equinox will need her "Aspect" building gimmick for her Prime. 

Doing so would be a little dumb if you ask me. The amount of grind needed to even get her would turn off a lot of players. Hell, it turns people off now!

1 hour ago, (XB1)Opiate42 said:

And there's always that ONE stinking part to buy with plat after burning through 20+ radiant relics.... 

Yes that's happened. 

I'm (mostly) not bitter.

Nope.

Oh yes, that... not getting the rare after the 10th time you go out with a full radiant squad should be illegal. Oberon Prime literally laughed at me as he came out of the foundry.

If Equinox prime will have to be built with the day/night aspects, I hope at least there will be more of the common and uncommon parts than usual.