Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Spawn Data Thread - Let's figure this out.

OricSharp

So, nobody seems to know how the spawns of the Wolf of Saturn Six are determined, so I figured it was a good time for some old-fashioned crowdsourced "What have you seen?"

I'll go first, with any Nightwave/location data I have.

Wolf Sighting - Venera, Venus (5-7); was my last Jailer run; had completed two challenges (2k total standing) prior. Nora commented at the beginning of the mission. Have not seen any Fugitives yet.

Possible conclusions from this:

Wolf might not have a minimum level to allow for his spawning, since I saw him on such an early node.

Wolf might be akin to the Acolytes in that he appears in a predetermined room/tile, with his presence announced by Nora, since she only commented on the mission I was in where he spawned; her comment may be to alert the player to his presence.

Wolf spawn does not require Fugitives to be encountered.

Tenuous possible factors (don't know how this guy works, so I'm considering even the silliest possibilities😞

Wolf might be more likely to spawn on the last run of a "Run X Missions of X Type" challenge (as his first and thus far only spawn for me was final run of a 3-run Jailer)

Wolf might be more likely to spawn with a couple challenges completed prior to the spawn mission (as I completed a couple challenges in the mission I completed before I encountered him).

• Like 1

Got WoS6 at Brugia, Eris (Level 25~35) in a Kuva Siphon mission. 

Had encountered at least 5 groups of fugitives in prior missions before running into him (but none in that mission), have run into about 10 groups of fugitives since that without running into him. No challenges were completed that mission (Complete Sortie with Friends/Clanmates was only remaining challenge).

In that run I was solo and got his spawn message right after I freed the operative (Kuva Siphon already destroyed) which was about 3 minutes into mission.  Nora did not say anything that mission to me.  He spawned two rooms away after sending his message and died very quickly after I confirmed that Prowl does not steal from him, he did not drop anything but a junk mod.

41 minutes ago, Senguash said:

Expect him to work like the stalker until anything suggests otherwise.

You could trigger getting marked by Stalker by doing assasin missions.  I think that is what people are trying to figure out, if something like that exists for the Wolf.

Edited by UnbiasedOne

Had hims spawn on a solo Oxomoco, Void (30-35 Exterminate) while looking for Simaris scans for the Weekly Goal, also the first time I saw the Saturn 6 Fugitives since they spawned at the same time, but two tiles apart, no Nora transmissions any time before he spawned; haven't seen him since despite running different missions all day today.

I honestly think he just has a really poor spawn chance, which I'm finding to be a huge problem since these waves are time limited, the weapon parts you get are RNG based, and he has a chance to drop no parts at all. Until we learn whether or not we'll be able to get the Wolf Sledge another way (be it being able to repeat Wolf of Saturn 6 or purchase the parts for Wolf Credits), a lot of unlucky players may end up locked out of some MR if his spawn rate isn't increased or just increases as our ranks increase.

Came across him twice, both times in Kuva Flood missions. One was a spy (arrived a bit after finishing the 3rd dataset) in a Jupiter Corpus tileset and the other in a Corpus ship tileset (don't remember the planet) Survival. For the survival he arrived around 5:30 into the mission. Both times his level was in the 80s and took about 5 minutes to down him.

I'll also note for both times I had already completed every Nightwave challenge

Only spawned once for me so far during a Maroo's Weekly Ayatan Treasure hunt, was doing it for the sculpture challenge. He spawned in the challenge room just right after I picked the sculpture and making my way towards exit. Defeated him quite easily and got the Wolf Sledge Head as reward.

On 2019-03-01 at 3:03 AM, Ailyene said:

after I freed the operative

3 hours ago, VerumFalsum said:

arrived a bit after finishing the 3rd dataset

3 hours ago, VerumFalsum said:

Survival. For the survival he arrived around 5:30 into the mission

2 hours ago, 541K4T said:

just right after I picked the sculpture

Seeing a common theme here.

You need to clear the mission's primary objective (Extraction need to be available) for him to even consider spawning.

Survival might be good for trying to get him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Six times by now I think?

4x Kuva Flood all over the place. 1x Capture in the Void, don't remember if it was a Relic Fissure, too. 1x Kuva Siphon.

But I'd say that's skewed because I was mostly doing Kuva runs outside of Orb Vallis, anyway. I think I was always levelling some gear.

Anyway, if you look at the drop tables, chances are that he becomes farmable at some point. So I don't really care how many times he shows up now.

Edit: Or maybe it was 7. I forgot the first time was in a low level Dark Sector Survival, which I did to unlock a Riven.

Edited by Kontrollo

I met him about 7-8 times, first day of NW 3 times while doing the challenges, one was the invasion on sedna type grineer tile. Then once in eris and a lot of times in the void. What I think is that he likes to appear while you are working on NW challenges and also he seems to be loving the void. While grinding relic missions in the void he came 3 times in about 10 games last week. 

Hi everyone..

Thats so stupid!!! The Wolf of Saturn Six spawned for me in the Ker Invasion mission, it was a defense mission. In the last wave he spawned and we almost killed him, his HP was like 2%.. unfortunately our team killed the last enemy and the mission ended.. because its a 5 wave defense. And thats it.. we had no chance to kill him..... if someone from DE reads this.. could you plz fix such things?! We are waiting like 2 days for one spawn of the Wolf and then that stupid ending for nothing?!

He can spawn in same missions as stalker does. from my experience his spawn chance about 1/4 of what stalker has. Also its better get rid off other death marks, also making syndicates netural should increase his spawn chace because syndicates like other assassins can no longer override his spawn.

Any news on how draw him out?

What i tried so far: equipped a veiled riven with wall latch kills challenge so i can' t accidently unveil it. Bringing in trash weps like mk1 variants. Repeated the mission where i first encountered him dozens of times. I tried this all solo. I wonder if partyplay is a condition, cause when i met him i was playing with my gf. I also read alot about of not beeing solo would help to get him spawned. Have anyone tested this and could/couldn' t confirm this?

Will a forma' d or unranked frame help and even more as a unranked weapon?

It's very likely they'll just let us spam kill him at the end of all this so I don't think it matters much.

Could you imagine the salt if Nightwave ended with a double layer RNG weapon drop for limited time window?

If Rift Sigil isn't safe; nothing is. Just expect it to get handed to you eventually.

В 20.03.2019 в 13:55, .-KG-..-ZaYaZ-. сказал:

Hi everyone..

Thats so stupid!!! The Wolf of Saturn Six spawned for me in the Ker Invasion mission, it was a defense mission. In the last wave he spawned and we almost killed him, his HP was like 2%.. unfortunately our team killed the last enemy and the mission ended.. because its a 5 wave defense. And thats it.. we had no chance to kill him..... if someone from DE reads this.. could you plz fix such things?! We are waiting like 2 days for one spawn of the Wolf and then that stupid ending for nothing?!

How is that possible? As far as I know, when any hunter (Stalker, G3, Zanuka, Syndicate squads) comes to Defense mission and you kill all wave's enemies, that hunter marks as enemy too, so the wave won't be cleared until the hunter disappears. Seems like a bug or I just don't understand something.

Last time I met Wolf was Defection mission on Saturn. No Nora transmissions, no fugitives before his spawn. Unfortunately, I don't remember the number of squad I was protecting. And unfortunately, I was playing alone (but in "Public" mode), so he killed me and disappeared.

Edited by 8ubb13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've encountered him once since the event started and he ran away without the group dropping him, so there's that. Just to clarify, I play religiously and have completed almost every nightwave challenge to date as well as done some farming and other random stuff. I just logged off after a few hours of knocking out some of the new challenges for the week and still nothing more than two sets of the fugitives. So it's not for a lack of playing that he won't spawn.

A little bonus note, I found most of the fugitive groups on the orb vallis, and at around 100 a head they are worth farming if you ask me. Just run around doing random stuff and they will spawn every so often.