[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.3.3 - Nightwave

Posted (edited)

Can you please fix the fact that Arbitration is absolutely a waste of time, unless it's Excavation. Why? Because the rewards can be unlocked every 3 minutes instead of 10+ minutes. What a waste of time to be doing survival and getting a reward every 10 minutes. I have obtained over 20 vitus essence in one run and only took 48 minutes in Excavation. So yeah, could you please make all the other mission modes actually viable for doing at all? Or Just Nerf Excavation, one of the two.

Also if you have problems doing Nora Nightwave, then you should join a clan that actually has a community, make the actual effort to socialize and open up to other players.  This allows you to do missions in a squad, in a voice chat, with friends, have a better time than solo. Quit acting like you have to fly solo, because this game is more about pulling each others weight.

"We all lift together."

Edited by Lucidess
  • Like 1
  • Woah 2

50 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

I don't want to sound like an antisocial with no friends, but do we really need to have a clan-mate or friend for Nora's Weekly sortie challenge? I do solo sorties a lot whenever there is spy missions for obvious reasons.

I like that they are promoting players to squad up before missions.  If you're not a member of a clan or don't know anyone that plays you can go to Clan recruit and I'm sure you can find someone there.  And as far as Spy Sorties go, I couldn't agree more.  Since that is a weekly challenge just go ahead and do the Sorties with Spy solo and on a day that doesn't have any Spy Missions try to squad up with someone.  Or just don't do the Clan-mate challenges at all.  There are plenty of others that you can do Solo just fine.  Good luck!

> Sortie with Friends and/or Clanmates: exists

cries in solo clan

Seriously, I get why it's there, but c'mon... just why?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deminisis said:

I don't want to sound like an antisocial with no friends, but do we really need to have a clan-mate or friend for Nora's Weekly sortie challenge? I do solo sorties a lot whenever there is spy missions for obvious reasons.

I do the same, my way of handling this problem was simple. I told my clanmate to just sit in a corner while i did the spy, he did not know how to do it and i did

7 minutes ago, Lucidess said:

Can you please fix the fact that Arbitration is absolutely a waste of time, unless it's Excavation. Why? Because the rewards can be unlocked every 3 minutes instead of 10+ minutes. What a waste of time to be doing survival and getting a reward every 10 minutes. I have obtained over 20 vitus essence in one run and only took 48 minutes in Excavation. So yeah, could you please make all the other mission modes actually viable for doing at all? Or Just Nerf Excavation, one of the two.

I agree.  Defense and Survival or both awful.  The enemies are slow and start off very very weak.

Interception can actually go pretty fast if you solo it or only have 2 players because you can capture the points faster.   

I think Arbitration as a whole needs to be re-visited.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Can we please have Umbra's sentience passive removed? It was really cool on release but just becomes a hindrance on higher level missions because of a lot of reasons:

• His specter-like path-finding and combat behavior, added on top of attracting agro, makes him an easy target. Especially in this horde-shooter game where we players are attacked from all sides constantly
  • The damage Umbra suffers stays when you transfer back in, leaving you with low health more often than not, and potentially getting you killed
  • He takes full damage with no 90% damage reduction unlike every other warframe
  • With Umbra, Slash Dash literally does nothing, and Radial Javelin does next to nothing but that's normal anyway (I love Excalibur but even with a dedicated build, Radial Javelin still does arguably nothing)
  • I personally feel it promotes AFK-ing since the only time I (rarely) ever use Umbra's sentience is in mobile defense to go down to grab something from the kitchen, but even that is only on low level missions due to the reasons listed above
  • Removing Umbra's sentience will also simultaneously fix the issue with him and Magus Repair

1 hour ago, Deminisis said:

I think it was my second spy mission as a new player, where I still had things set to public, was using the free Excalibur (for joining up) and the other three made a bee line to the cell's, setting off alarms and then made a bee line to the extraction. Yeah, real fun and why I park in Solo now, unless there is a new player that needs help. But even then, I get in, draw the enemy fire, and when they extract I leave the squad.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

What's the point of Spoilering the name if we already know

Spoiler

about the Wolf

from the starting cutscene?

You may know it, I may know it, however there are still plenty of new and potentially new players (not to mention older players) taking a look at the forum that have not booted up NightWave for the first time.

The Wolf spawnrate seems awfully low to the point where the large majority of players i meet in pugs don't even know he can be fought, could you raise it to a reasonable level? Or make it so that by doing ceetain things you can force the spawn (ie after a certain number of captured prisoners)?

• Like 2

Is the luminous Dye crafting timer change on purpose?

Its on 5 mins now it used to be 1min for the Dye and 5 mins for the Pharoma. 

Now both are 5 Mins whats up?

Will the standing gains be upped from the missions, as most of them are for missions that are completely uninteresting to me and being forced by those "tasks" to play those is quite unfun to me. Or just let it be affected by daily standing and those tasks as a sidegain.

1 hour ago, Efreeti said:

Will you never address how the controller-based UI functionality introduced in JUNE is forced upon all players? A simple toggle to turn off controller support would fix this, as long as that also turned off the fact that pressing WASD or arrow keys on menus on PC now move the cursor around. It keeps happening when you type in the menus, at times even while having text boxes properly selected. This issue has persisted since June, and has not been addressed a single time by DE.

ive had quite a few mispurchases because of this issue, its a pain, cant even refund them through a ticket because it automatically equips them and i dont realise its on when i go into a mission. Just yesterday im out 300 plat because of it.

24 minutes ago, Foroeight said:

Can we please have Umbra's sentience passive removed? It was really cool on release but just becomes a hindrance on higher level missions because of a lot of reasons:

• His specter-like path-finding and combat behavior, added on top of attracting agro, makes him an easy target. Especially in this horde-shooter game where we players are attacked from all sides constantly
  • The damage Umbra suffers stays when you transfer back in, leaving you with low health more often than not, and potentially getting you killed
  • He takes full damage with no 90% damage reduction unlike every other warframe
  • With Umbra, Slash Dash literally does nothing, and Radial Javelin does next to nothing but that's normal anyway (I love Excalibur but even with a dedicated build, Radial Javelin still does arguably nothing)
  • I personally feel it promotes AFK-ing since the only time I (rarely) ever use Umbra's sentience is in mobile defense to go down to grab something from the kitchen, but even that is only on low level missions due to the reasons listed above
  • Removing Umbra's sentience will also simultaneously fix the issue with him and Magus Repair

yeah.... but then he isnt kohm index viable

When will u fix bug with inability to pick up/capture/rescue or whatever those killed guys who suppose to give Nightwave standing when captured?

since these nightwave patches Equinox Duality builds are really meh ..the AI bot does do jack and he is slow as hell to react in open world environment notably Plains of Eidolon , to the point thats its rubbish as of now ,  ( beforehand it was really strong )... who else witnessed this or can confirm this new odd behaviour of equinox's clone ?? 

8 minutes ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

since these nightwave patches Equinox Duality builds are really meh ..the AI bot does do jack and he is slow as hell to react in open world environment notably Plains of Eidolon , to the point thats its rubbish as of now ,  ( beforehand it was really strong )... who else witnessed this or can confirm this new odd behaviour of equinox's clone ?? 

Hmmm I was using Equinox last night for a bit and to be honest, something felt really off w/ Duality. Couldn't put my finger on it, but now I'm curious -- I'll definitely do some testing over the weekend.

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ShadeowTalon said:

however there are still plenty of new and potentially new players (not to mention older players) taking a look at the forum that have not booted up NightWave for the first time.

2r3bclk.png

Is this a spoiler then? Plenty of new potential players who haven't installed the game yet. The intro on the official website SPOILS EVERYTHING!!!

Is saying "Luke Skywalker is the main character of Star Wars A New Hope" a spoiler? No, it goddamn isn't.

Is saying "Wolf of Saturn is the main character of Wolf of Saturn update" a spoiler? NO it goddamn IS NOT.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Upvote 1

This is another issue but my banshee wears the soprana skin and my posterior frequently pops out of my dress. As glorious as it is, could we please patch that? Thank you for all the hard work!

Any news on the fix for clicking the Nightwave in solo missions unpausing the game? It is really annoying to have to find a guaranteed safe place to check your Nightwave goals/progress without wondering whether you are getting shot/mauled to death.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deminisis said:

I don't want to sound like an antisocial with no friends, but do we really need to have a clan-mate or friend for Nora's Weekly sortie challenge? 

Well, technically you don't. I mean, only 5k points. But hey, you don't need to stay "friends" with them, just remove when done. Simple. 

• Haha 1

capture is too fast as gamemode for the wolf...its over before he even spawns if he then spawns , go for exterminate instead , stall a bit and wait for the 3min mark before extraction for better results

• Upvote 1

This patch may have introduced a new bug. A soon as i log in the game crashes to desktop 😞

I actually can't play public anymore because of the minimum specs thing; load times always freeze before loading and it times me out for some reason. 

Am i the only one with connection issues since the Nightwave update? It happens for some time, always in the evening here in Europe, have hard time to log in, even when in Orbiter i constantly get "Network not responding" pop ups. Happens now for like 2 hours already, same was yesterday.

• Upvote 1