Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.3.3 - Nightwave

[DE]Megan

Wanted to report a bug:

This had happen to me a few times already. When you jump off the map as a operator, your operator will respawn at a different location (not close to where you fall off). I am guessing i might be place back to the location where i last used the operator. 

P.S. This isn't a big problem, but that's still a bug so might as well report it.

Since there doesn't seem to be a new forum for Nightwave feedback, I'm providing it here.

Your new system is interesting, but there some critical flaws.  I think you need to go back and address them, but I've got a few quick suggestions.

1) Rewards are better, but spaced such that the better doesn't make-up for the lack of them.

Bring back the alerts.  Remove the garbage alerts, pump up the rewards, target them properly, and make them less frequent.  As an example, credit and endo rewards are garbage primarily because they don't offer a lot of either.  The reward system then becomes a prayer to RNGesus for random events, and if you are not patient you can focus on grinding the Nightwave.  Getting 4 rewards a week for doing all the challenges is less than what I used to get in a single evening.  

2) Nightwave challenges are inconsistent.  Things like killing x number of enemies are simplistic and fun, but they graduate to an hour long survival without using life support on levels where the broken enemy scaling is in full display.  Experienced players can cheese through a lot, but new players are out of luck (really, fight a Hydrolyst on a clock with the mote amp and tell me this is an invalid concern).

This is not going to mesh well with 1, but could go some way to solving it in alternative manner.  Make the elite level events a bit more forgiving, remove the "with friends" requirement, have it reward credits instead of standing points, and have it reset daily so that it can be done each day.  The lowering of difficulty is to allow for it to be a daily event which people are motivated to come back for.  The reward change is to cover for the lackluster ways in which to get wolf credits (beyond the prestige in several weeks).  The removal of the "with friends" is so it doesn't become a slog.  A group of randos completing a challenge should be as rewarding as forcing your friends to conform to the same schedule.  Barring all else, keep the weekly alerts with friends and add the grindable wolf credit dailies.  You just need to meter rewards such that a reasonable player can earn the basic cosmetic and a heavy grinder can get a few of the jucier items.

3) Nightwave is missing too much content.  Why is the Wolf free now?  What is my motivation for recapturing the prisoners?  Who is Nora, and why should we care?  I think JJ Abrams has demonstrated the failure of the mystery box concept thoroughly (looking at you Lost).  Despite this, it seems like you've embraced the failure of hype built by obscurity here pretty heavily.

Stop.  Take a breath.  Remember your history.  Do you remember The New Strange?  It introduced Maroo well in advance of the bazaar.  A bunch of radio transmissions isn't the same.  I'm hoping that your intended quest for Hildryn includes some story, which addresses this.  If not, we have another enemy that make no sense other than "generic baddie #5674-3A."  Likewise, let's get some Baruuk love.  It was thrown onto the scene with precious little care, and hidden behind a grind wall which was nearly vertical.  It always seems like continuity is filled in months or years too late, and the only motivation offered is power through grind.

I understand that a lot of recent commentary has been less than stellar about some very long standing issues.  Without being explicit, nothing presented is new.  It isn't a personal attack, it isn't hate, and it isn't something you should ignore.  For a moment, let's remember The Division.  The game, like Warframe, spent its early days as a buggy mess (I still remember the joy that the /unstuck command was added).  It was heavily admonished, and it was not an attack.  It was the community using the one feedback tool possible, and forcing the issue of needing fixes.  I am told the The Division today is a surprisingly good game.  I hope that you can take the same stance.  If you go Bioware, circa Mass Effect: Andromeda, then you're telling us that there's no reason to stick around.  They viewed the outrage as hate, rather than the community expecting and asking for better with the limited tools they have.  Please, use this as a call to be better.  Don't dismiss the feedback as a personal attack, and definitely don't mistake someone being cited by name as an attack.  I implore you to actually watch the full video.

As someone who has to deal with loads of defective product (Quality Assurance, or perhaps administration), I know separating work from yourself is difficult, but sometimes it's necessary to see how you can be better. 

On 2019-03-01 at 10:22 AM, Brewdog said:

As probably one the few Closed Beta players still around I am glade they have a new system but its so boring I mean I completed all challenges in one day now all i can do is wait for 2 daily to reset and farm capture fugitives, I really hope after alot of these hotfixes they work on keeping peoples interest on this new system, cause i love concept but it needs polished 

Just because YOU can ram your way through the content, does not mean everybody can, and just because you are speeding your way through it, does not invalidate its purpose. It's not made to be an endgame.

hello before the new update from a few days ago as I got into the game settings I could turn off directx10 and 11 but now with a new update one of the two should be turned on but included I can not play with other people does not let me on the missions someone knows how do I fix it

ZdPWvy64LJ2ssx4x2J2QV9TqN?token=eyJhbGcibk2Cm5f1uqWOXJC2uIEmvh5Mi?token=eyJhbGciWhen are the achievements going to be fixed? I already inquired for help almost a week already and all you guys reply with "just look out for the update". I completed the animal lover achievement ingame but it doesnt appear completed in my steam profile

Weekly challenges don't look weekly right now - they are daily but harder (or less enjoyable - like "survive for 60 mins") and with longer update time. The closest one to be truly weekly (imo) is "fill 5 ayatan sculptures" - took me 2 days to honestly find 5 sculptures, so i think in a week it can be done easily. I think weekly challenges should be something like "spend 1-2 hours in survival missions with enemies of XX level" - it would take like 10-20 mins per day which is not that exhausting.

Warframe/weapon specific challenges are also welcome - like "kill XX enemies affected by Nyx's Chaos" or "kill 2 or more enemies in one shot with Opticor XX times" or "land a direct hit with Tonkor XX times".

Sincerely, your average Warframe player.

Archived