[DE]Helen

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

Front-Back splits to standing.

Left leg slides backwards and right slides forwards into the splits, then springing back upwards with a small spring/jump, with a tahdah sound added into the mix at the end.

It's either "Let me protect you master" or "I sense danger" 

I really wanted to make a kneel animation for the Moa every time you Sit, Meditate or kneel 

Hope you all like it cx

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Not much of an idea really but a great refrence, the moa stares down, stomps with it's left foot, slides its foot back in an agressive motion then returns to idle position.

anyone who has played the original MGS will know where im going with this, guess you could call it " Annoying pests"

Edited by The97thsurvivor

Hmm, maybe when the players used his fourth ability(or another impressive/amazing event happened, like void fissure explosion) The moa would do a small jump and fast rotation in surprise/admiration. Something like this, but with a smaller jump, of course:

Spoiler

dd18k9y-af964d67-79bb-407a-bc0c-5838cc44

Posted (edited)

Aggressive: Two foot jumping ground stomp, leaves impact effect similar to a slam attack.

Inquisitive: Carefully picks up a <tile set> related small object (generated for the animation) with its toes brings it up close to it's "head" inspects the object, tosses it away.

Sensitive: Draws a heart in the air with its foot in <energy color> at player position, which then sparkle fades.

Edited by (XB1)Nahli
Added forgotten text.
  • Like 1

Im thinking when it gets downed by enemy fire it could break into the parts that were used to make it: (torso, head, brackets) and while you revive it parts could get repaired and put together

Running man dance -> shifting to face in different directions, eventually starts spinning head (like The Exorcist, but in a good way) . Ends sequence in a small hop to a landing split.  Bravo, Moa, Bravo!

(antigravity moa animation) from neutral standing, moa will float up slowly, realize it and then struggle to get back down and rotate around in the air, can either float safly down and act confused or fall onto ground and jump up startled, maybe cross its legs and act like its meditating too. reactions to emotes can be something like flipping around in zero gravity or try to nod its head and accidentally loose control of gravity.

Hey everyone, here's what I got in mind. Drew up a basic sketch

996fd3f50e.png

Basically a little "c'mon tough guy" animation, doing a bit of fancy footwork like a boxer and either ducking and weaving or popping a couple rapid kicks (though they dont deal damage) before returning to an idle stance. Relatively quick animation, thinking about 5 seconds at most.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Applause 1

What if the moa started crying and wiped it's "eyes" whenever you went down and did a backflip when you get revived?

When idle, the front of the gyro on the moa flips open revealing an immature, miniature size kavat (or kubrow). The mini sized kavat/kubrow vocalizes and the moa closes the gyro, hoping the tenno didn't notice the robotic pet has a pet.

• Upvote 1

Release a large puddle of oil when...hit, near expiration, scared, etc. Be creative, you’re the SME. Check, please.

Posted (edited)

Moa spawns a Pobber Floof to ride on its "back", 3-4 second idle sway loop, remainder to enter and exit pose.

Inadvertently came up with this after naming my moa "Yoshi". 🦖

Edited by Goldkin
  • Upvote 1

A rarer type, which triggers should a MOA kill the operator, it does a victory twirl, similar to a top spinning, one leg crouched under and other infront. Maybe one in five operator kills

I like the idea of a clumsy MOA that has the cold; like it's still learning how to walk so walks into a lot of objects and sneezes every 30sec while activating a random ability. 

Posted (edited)

What do you guys have against kubrows, why wasn't this ever a thing for them?

I would much reather see the poor critters get more natural and life like animations and all around more love, instead of just an ocassional armor and a "hotfix" here and there

: ( 

Edited by Sketch065

Posted (edited)

I would love to see a moa condense down to a cube fall to the ground and bounce a couple times then the cube rattle and pop back out like he was caught with a pokeball and escaped. That would be nostalgic for all the 90s kids

Edited by (XB1)brandoggy D06
Forgot last sentence

Moa pullig up one, leg, then attempting to tuck his head in under its "wing" position to sleep. Some birds do that, maybe you know what i mean. Then slowly falling over like we expect a robot that just shut down all systems would. Then waking up from the fall, scrambling back to feet and acting like nobody saw it.