Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

I'd like to see Moas do full-body wiggles. They remind me of small birds, particularly the para head, so actions could mimic real-life counterparts. This could happen at any idling phase, where the player is not actively moving. Edit: An example of this would be the video attached.

Video credits to the owner.

Edited by KioNyan
Wanted to specify that the video is merely an example, as I do not personally own a bird. I'm in no way claiming the video as my own, and hope that this does not count as violating the "All videos must be original" rule.

When standing in place for too long (i.e., when the Warframe's idle animation starts), the MOA will turn in a small circle and then hunker down, as though asleep (small beeping/snoring noises optional). Interuptable; will follow the player once they start moving again.

Tap dancing. Will go perfect with the top hats. Just shift left and right while dramatically tapping the ground. Ta ta ta ta ta. After every battle what's a better way to show dominance over the enemy. But with gentlemanly swagger.   🎩

Edited by Aeoniantech43

The animation I am thinking could be fun to have is having it paw on the ground, like it's either burying something, or about ready to charge. For this, it would brace itself with one leg as it stands, and then paw at the ground with it's other leg, it's toes spread as it does this. Think like a bull pawing the ground before it charges as close to the animation concept. Could be a stationary animation, or one used when the player uses an emote themselves.

My cat does this with it's front paws all the time.

When encountering something interesting the MOA tilt their head to the side 90 degrees and the "OwO" emoticon display in front of their face in a flat hologram. They then do a quick shake of their head before returning to idle position.

It would be awesomely hilarious if you are bleeding out and your MOA comes running up to you then holds out one of its claws over you as if it was a fellow Tenno trying to revive you. They can continue firing at the enemy or do whatever to provide cover while doing it. But ultimately, I think this would show off an original unique personality for MOA companions and add to the adorable emote mimicry that MOAs already display in their programming.

It could show up at the 5 second mark so it does not exceed the emote time?

Edited by (PS4)Blackdragon512k4

Alright I got a cute idea 🙂
The moa sees something in the distance and want to approach it (insert "awo?" sound here x)), but slips as if on ice and lands forward. It recovers and plays an irritated sound while shacking its head to brush of dust ^^

First "awo" moment should be a quick down and up + head tilt.
As soon as i takes the first step and shifts it's weight the foot slips back and the moa pretty much rotates forward and into the fall (keeping it in place).
A slight pause, then swiftly stands again followed by the head shake and the annoyed sound, kind of like when dogs shake after bathing ^^

When the player gets knoked down, Moa TP to the player and runs arround making angry sounds, trying to block damage with his/her body.

If player dies, he/she makes sad sounds and fall to the knees crying.

If players gets resurected he/she jumps and makes happy noises.

I'd like to see some sort of "self-scan" where the Moa performs a quick diagnosis on it self when idle, with some sort of external screen or it just looks over itself so quickly that it falls and gets up quickly to make sure no one notices. I imagine it trying to look at it's back by looking through it's legs so fast that it does a front flip and lands on it's "core" hopping up quickly ignoring what just happened.

Sorry if it is messy as I did it on my phone.. XD

The whole motion of the animation would be as per below:

a) The moa would suddenly be surprised and jerks her head up

b) She will then look around, left to right (this can be removed to save frames)

c) Then she looks between her legs and subsequently behind her

d) She will then proceed to do a roll backwards between her legs

e) Her legs catches up with her and she falls to the ground on her back, (twinkle toes animation if possible to increase cuteness level while on her back)

f) She gets back on her feet with a satisfied look

hAT0lt0.jpg

So yeah, it was inspired by my son and I really hope this can get animated! :D

Dear D.E. I believe within the MOA's limitations there could be an animation or two based on the dancing robot by Boston Dynamics that was trending a few months back, however, I was thinking instead of a set (considering that players may only submit one idea) the MOA could dance in place like a dog, cutely hopping from one foot to the other and back in place, I don't believe providing an example link is breaking the rules but I don't think I can elaborate much on the dance more than that, it's that simple to be truthful, so, I'll provide a youtube link for an example. 

I believe maybe the MOA could do a dance like this, with it's mounted gun (commonly mistaken for a head) cutely looking at the player, this can possibly be done by having the gun track the player as they move around the moa if they decide to, I don't know if that counts as player interaction, but if it does it doesn't need to be added. At the closing of the animation, the moa could do a cute hop in the air and land into their default stance animation and give a cute "Chirp Chirp" like beeping. I think many players would find this quite adorable.

Thank you for reading my submission! I love this game and hope it continues to grow more and more.

-NaughtyNyte

Edited by [DE]Helen

Could be something as simple as tapping their feet while waiting?

So make the body lean to one side slightly (left or right) then make the opposite leg tap it's foot. If possible, make the MOA look bored (something like looking around, a slight bounce in the body to simulate a 'sigh' or 'huff').

• Like 1