[DE]Helen

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

Posted (edited)

I would like the Moa to do a moonwalk 

Edited by HammerJuice
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The MOA could try to give you a high-five standing on one leg. As it's foot gets higher and higher, it starts to totter, starts making excited squeaks,  then when it's foot is almost there it falls over backwards into the bleedout/downed pose and makes a squarking sound. It promptly jumps back up as if revived by a player then shakes its head.

Edited by Gardenator

How about a panicked jump back, followed by walking into place, for when the player bullet jumps after not bullet jumping for a minute or so?

The animation would be a moas take on the infamous chicken dance where it does the wiggle and the wobble in its own way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to see an idle animation where the moa looks at the player and then excitedly jump meeting the player at Eye level with spread legs and then falling down to the ground again (becausse gravity) when it has landed it will then look towards the same diractions as the player or the diraction the moa was facing Before the animation.

Startled > looks right(looking where to escape) > looks left > Tries to bury its head in the ground like an ostrich 😄

• Like 1

It would be really cool if we got to see some sort of martial arts moves, such as roundhouse kicks and mid air spins with various kicks.

Posted (edited)

what I'd like to see is the moa shakes head as an agressive behavier for player falling down, (wanted to it to also shrug, but that would cause it to be too long)

to be more discriptive,

moa looks (tilt head and leans in) ->head to normal position -> shakes head

Edited by NotWhoItSeems

5 Animation ideas 🙂

1. The MOA will crouch down to it's lowest point, it's head will look up, and start shooting projectiles in air like fireworks.
  2. When enemies have started the alarm, the MOA will start screeching and running in circles in a panic.
  3. When no weapon is equipped, the MOA starts fake shooting at everything like your "baby brother" and occasionally looks back at you.
  4. When you stare at the MOA it will chirp and tilt its head at you.
  5. It wiggles its body and taunts unalerted enemies like one of those "neener neener" moments.
  • Like 3

The MOA acts like a drinking bird toy. The head tips down to the ground then raises back up. The head rocks forward and back a little bit before normal idling resumes.

• Upvote 5

Moa is proud or excited, so they are tapping ground and then jump and spin 360 degrees in the air. 🙂

Posted (edited)
  1. Ballerina Pointe technique (tippy toes) with a quick twirl (one leg stretched fully perpendicular to the floor while spinning on the other foot)? Not sure if it should end all elegant or wobbly because it's not easy to pull off.
  2. A Van Damme-style full split, except it looks more like the legs are splitting on their own and the Moa's head looks at both legs all confused as it goes down to the ground, then just looks up at you all confused. (Getting back up can be a quick standup either splitting "in reverse" or just putting the limbs in a position to hop back up quick).
Edited by (NSW)Liraco

Seeing as they are legs and a semi rigid torso, it lends itself well to Irish Step Dancing. Also known as *Flowing body of water* - dancing.

• Upvote 1

I’d like to see a moa do a heel click when it’s happy to see you or maybe when you open up storage crates 

1. The MOA launches a small pebble straight into the air with its right leg like a soccer ball.

2. It quickly ducks underneath it, successfully balancing it on the rim of its..."nose".

3. It bounces it into the air from its head twice.

4. On the next (third) time the pebble touches its head, it bounces off badly and falls to the ground. The MOA shortly glances at the point on the ground the pebble landed on, then shakes its head (like a dog would) and returns to a neutral stance.

The MOAwalk (moonwalk)

The MOAditation (meditation)

Fight pose

The moadance (moa is moving his head and bringing one leg up at a time and paff that leg is down, the other leg, repeat)

And the Moa sits down with a puff and some particles to indicate the puff.

Posted (edited)

Sticking its head in the ground

• "Looks the the ground curiously"
  • "Smashes it's head in the ground like an ostrich"
  • "Pulls it's head out of the ground and does a little shake, as if its brushing the dirt/dust off"

EDIT: By smash, I mean SMASH! So its hard enough to seem like it can go through the metal floors of ships and hard objects like rocks.

Edited by MCxTwiggy
Extra Detail
  • Upvote 3

How about a MOA doing the splits when idle for a certain amount of time?

I would absolutely love if the moa would start running after its tail (i know it dosent have one but still) in circles, if the player dosent interact with for to long

I'd like it to start dancing the Cancan after a certain point of inactivity or when we dance.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see a rather simple and quirky animation.

*Moa looks around*

*Moa looks at the ground*

*Moa leans down to inspect the ground closer*

*Moa quickly stands back up shaking his head being in a state of shock or confusion*

*Moa goes back to idle animation*