Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

My submission: the Running Man Shuffle

It's a hiphop step where you seem to be running without moving from the spot. From resting position one foot and knee go up in the air, then the foot left on the ground will slide back, and then the foot in the air goes back down. Repeat with the other side. Because the MOA doesn't have any arms, the body just wobbles slightly with the movement from side to side. And to emphasize the movement, the knees go higher than they would on a human.

Video (No Sound)

My thought is for the MOA to

(1) Come to an upright standstill, as if at attention

(2) Have the head slow spin 360 deg with a flashing light (scanning) for approx. 2 sec

(3) Stop. Frenetic flashing light

(4) One leg point in direction

(5) Return to ready stance

Name: Prepare For Travel (Alternatives; Carry on Mode, I am Not Luggage, I'm Awake, Sleep Mode Engaged, Just Resting)
Action;
The Moa folds down into itself, (can also be seen as if its legs are weakening due to sleep mode aka lack of power) making it more compact as if going into some kind of "Suitcase Mode".

However the animation ends with it sparking a bit (as if resisting the command to compact...alternatively it could be seen as if it is preparing to be shut down and then resisting...or seen as if it is entering a sleep mode but then is jarred awake) springing back up to idle before fully compacing.

Note: I assume moa's do not like to be considered baggage.

Not sure if this gets the picture across correctly, I have tried to be as descriptive as possible but sometimes I have a hard time with words.

Thank you very much for holding this contest.

• Like 1

Clapping.

Long and short, the moa gives a little happy shuffle - maybe crouching down a little like a playful puppy - and does a small jump, during which it claps the soles of its feet together a few times. 

How about the moa displaying some kind of hologram, like in the starwars movies? Open up the side, extend some projector, and show an holographic image next to it or above it. Image could be space mom, ordis, or the warframe's glyph. Or even some corpus, given the moas origin. 

If corpus, the moa might even be surprised by it and blast it away in a small explosion. 

Line in the sand.

1) The MOA uses one foot to draw an imaginary line in front of itself (would be nice if a little electric line could be had)

2) Stamps the ground once when done.

3) Back to idle.

Edited by Varinger

I mean I know this is disqualified but hear me out: 

Plays the corrupted Vor monologue all the way through, upon reaching the "I was cut in half" your moa implodes but the monologue continues, whilst this is happening all players' screens are filled with a png image of a Janus Key, congrats you have to get a new moa

Why, Dance of course! Although it should have a style unique to the various personalities.

Sensitive: A cheerful "moonwalk", and a mid-air spin where the MOA reverses direction.

Inquisitive: A few sidesteps, and an elegant spin akin to old age ballroom dancing.

Aggressive: Energetic "headbanging" along with a tap of the foot and occasional stomp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

MoanimationContest_NewsItem.jpg

MOA Companions have been strolling into our hearts since the day we attached their Gyros to their Brackets. We’ve seen them walk, run, stomp, bow, shiver, and dance. Now we want you to choose the next MOA Companion action! Share with us a MOA Companion animation you would like to see in Warframe and you could see it added in-game!

How to enter:

In this thread, submit a description of a MOA Companion animation that you would like to see in Warframe!

Your submission must include a brief description of the MOA action (max 100 words)
You may also include concept art, a brief video, or animation with your submission, but this is optional!

Rules:

• One submission per player
  • Animation idea must not exceed 5 seconds
  • Animation idea must not interact with anyone or anything else (ex. no handshakes)
  • Animation idea must be contained to a small space around the starting position. (ex. no flying high in the air)
  • Animation idea must not break the rig (ex. no detaching limbs)
  • The end of the animation must be able to return to the starting pose
  • Artwork and videos must be original and not taken from other sources
  • The proposed action must not be copyrighted
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread
  • Only post submissions in this thread
  • Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified
  • All submissions become property of Digital Extremes

Selecting the Winning Animation Design:

Call for submissions will close on March 14, 2019 at 1:00pm ET.

Elyse Gymer, Animator at Digital Extremes, will choose the Top 5 submissions. You can see some of Elyse Gymer’s MOA animations below!

The Design Council will then determine the winning MOA animation by voting on the Top 5 submissions selected by Elyse Gymer. Design Council voting will begin on March 15, 2019 at 1:00pm ET and run until March 21 at 1:00pm ET.

The winning design will be interpreted by our artists who will make tweaks as needed to ensure that the overall design remains true to the Warframe style.

The completed MOA animation will then be put into Warframe!

Prizes:

• 1st place – Your MOA animation added in-game + 1000 Platinum!    
  • 2nd place – 1000 Platinum!    
  • 3rd place – 750 Platinum!    
  • 4th place – 500 Platinum!    
  • 5th place – 250 Platinum!    

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE!

Good luck, Tenno!

I want to see a Thicc MOA move around just like Wisp.