Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MOAnimation Design Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

what about the moa following us like a penguin when we walk while crounching and if we stop the moa will look on the sides still crounching (all this if no enemies around are alerted) , its not a kind of animation per emote but someting about stealth.

Have the moa do what looks like a scan, and depending on the enemy types in a mission have it make a different noise and will have a short physical response. For instance on missions where infested enemies are after the scan it'll make a sort of fearful high pitch screech type of scream and it'll take a couple fearful steps back. Then on a mission with grineer after the scan it'll do a little distasteful low pitched set of beeps and disappointed head shake. Then the same for the others just different emotions for each.

The MOA completely freezes and falls over sideways as if it had been deactivated in a (relatively like 3 seconds) long fall animation. At the last second it blasts or boosts somehow right back to its feet and comes to life sort of laughing in a 'Gotcha' sort of way.

I think a cower animation could be cute, similar to how ostriches bury their heads in the ground a moa could put its head between its legs and quiver. This would be especially cute if the warframe had some sort of surprise/ jump scare animation that led into the moa getting surprised and cowering. I think they overall their animations are a bit jovial and that could add to the cuteness factor. 😄

Edited by gtonic

The bug. 

The MOA notices a bug on the ground and steps on it with its right foot lifting up some dust. From the dust cloud the bug appears moving to right and the moa steps on it again. Again a dust cloud and again the bug comes out moving to the left. The moa now steps on it several times rapidly and this time nothing comes out. The moa resets and the bug appears crawling from the back of moa's head to the top and then it flies away and the moa looks around sensing something. 

my idea is a two part animation depending on what happens,

1st, tenno get near to a console and the moa tap it with curiosity,

2a.- If tenno hack it succesfully, the moa lean back perplex, and does some jumps.

2b.- If tenno fails to hack it, the moa jump to the console and does a head bump

Have it kinda... crouch down and pat after a tiny speck with its feet. No need to add in a speck. Imagine a cat going after a laser pointer.

Could be like it saw a bug or something like that.

Maybe have it quickly look at a spot on the floor first as though it spotted something.

When completing a mission (extraction point) or after killing a boss, the MOA is placed in an intimidating pose and shouts like a roar, as if demonstrating that he is the boss! (parts of the mouth could open). For example as the Tyranosaurus Rex in the famous film. 

PS: Excuse me, if my English is bad.

Edited by MaxSaga

THE MOA TOUGH-GUY SWAGGER

Swagmoa_01_zpskdpvdscl.jpg

1) Starts in standard feet-shoulder-width stance. Mentally gains 400lbs of muscle, x3 ego.

2) Takes a step, drags back foot slow and loose forward, with huge loose shoulder rotation coming forward/up from the back foot. Should look like it's showing off its robo-pecs.

3) Continues big, loose shoulder walk, making a half-turn to 180. Walking like its shoulders are beef-bus swole, even though it's a corpus toolbag.

4) Back leg crosses to stand at shoulder width again.

5) In half-contempt, half approval: Moa gives a single, confident, bro-tastic nod over its shoulder to its owner.

6) Returns to normal stance.

7) Not pictured: Somewhere, somehow, a Rhino Prime does Leg Day.

Uhn I want funny one like ordis so I would like to suggest a MOA that smells its left or right foot, suddenly fainted (stumbles down) coz its feet stinks! and then stands up while shaking its head like it was trying to regain consciousness and finally back to idle position

When player/master dies and waiting to be revived Moa kneels down pushing/nudging on players/masters face as if licking or trying to get master to get up. Perhaps with a sad wimper sound that gets sader longer it waits and maybe even starts to get anoyed and or angry.  >>>>Another idea for moa but probably work better with living companions, is make them greet each other like most pets do.._with  their noses in the others behind lol my cats and dog do it to much. Maybe have them even attemt to sniff master to and shake head fighting passing out from the stink.

Edited by (PS4)iamdarc

My idea is a yawn, followed by a quick shake of the head, perhaps triggered by the player not moving across any significant distances for a period of time.

The animation would start with the MOA lazily shifting to one leg and lifting the other leg as if to cover its “mouth,” moving its foot slightly and tilting its head back as if it were yawning. After a short period of time the Moa would put its foot down again and shake his head while looking slightly downwards to get rid of any traces of sleepiness left, before looking up again to return to the standard position. I think that the yawn could take somewhere between 3-4 seconds, with the rest of the proposed animation taking the remaining time.

I may edit it some concept art into the post at a later date