Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #124!

[DE]Rebecca

Could you please bring back the old alert system, that worked just fine for the past 6 years, so we don't have to wait 10 weeks before the new nightwave alert system have been evaluated. That is something, that should have been done before launching it in the first place.

Ey, we can finally have people stop asking when Revenant's Katana will be in the game!

Also, the new enemies look interesting. Dynamic ability usage is something that a lot of enemies really need - particularly knockdown enemies. Will we see similar AI tweaks added to make knockdowns less frequent but more significant to alleviate some of the 'pointless knockdown' frustration? Along with similar AI and ability tweaks so enemies can actually hold a candle to various existing passive gameplay styles?

EDIT: Sorry, also, will we be getting those sweet new sentient weapons?

24 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Could you please bring back the old alert system, that worked just fine for the past 6 years, so we don't have to wait 10 weeks before the new nightwave alert system have been evaluated. That is something, that should have been done before launching it in the first place.

Yes this please. At the very least put aura and nitain and nightmare mods back on alert, let the appearance stuff stay on nightwave. Nightwave just adds to the grind. Casual playser dont have time for that. I play a few hours on weekends but at least with alerts I could pop in long enough to grab that nitain alert. Waiting weeks fo r a few nitains isnt worth it. 

in regards to the abilities page preview and the new UI in general:

The release of nightwave and the preview of the new abilities page shows a fundamental lack of understanding on what a UI should be. Clear and concise access to the information the user needs to accomplish his wants. Hiding information behind a meaningless icon with a required mouseover is honestly embarrassing.

A basic principle of UI design is that form should FOLLOW function; function should not be an afterthought to ‘pretty’ design.

Let’s take the ability page preview as an example.
Use case: “what does this ability do?” Useful for a player who has never used this frame before, and then MAYBE as a refresher on one that has been mothballed for a time.

Use case: “what do my mods do to my abilities?” Useful when trying out new builds, new mods and prime versions of frames. It would seem this would have a higher use case and therefore a higher priority on design usefulness.

As the abilities page preview works as shown, not only would a user need to navigate to a separate page to see how mods affect abilities, but they will also need to mouse over each ability separately, wait for the mouseover to happen and then find the changes. This is emblematic of a UI design that does not respect the users time and tests their patience.

Good UI design should focus on HOW the information is being used and why, to better gauge the functionality to design for. Pretty comes later.

I didn't get the Gravimag Twitch drop. I dunno why but drops seems to have stopped working for me. I didn't get anything from the latest prime times either. Latest drop I got was the Sunny pobber floof on Feb 15 and then after that nothing. And I haven't changed anything.

4 minutes ago, fungible said:

in regards to the abilities page preview and the new UI in general:

The release of nightwave and the preview of the new abilities page shows a fundamental lack of understanding on what a UI should be. Clear and concise access to the information the user needs to accomplish his wants. Hiding information behind a meaningless icon with a required mouseover is honestly embarrassing.

A basic principle of UI design is that form should FOLLOW function; function should not be an afterthought to ‘pretty’ design.

Let’s take the ability page preview as an example.
Use case: “what does this ability do?” Useful for a player who has never used this frame before, and then MAYBE as a refresher on one that has been mothballed for a time.

Use case: “what do my mods do to my abilities?” Useful when trying out new builds, new mods and prime versions of frames. It would seem this would have a higher use case and therefore a higher priority on design usefulness.

As the abilities page preview works as shown, not only would a user need to navigate to a separate page to see how mods affect abilities, but they will also need to mouse over each ability separately, wait for the mouseover to happen and then find the changes. This is emblematic of a UI design that does not respect the users time and tests their patience.

Good UI design should focus on HOW the information is being used and why, to better gauge the functionality to design for. Pretty comes later.

All of this. I dread this update. I constantly check abilities tab to see build - I wish the stats was more visible in the upgrade section so I can rapidly check where I'm at for abilities and the shown ability page is an outright downgrade to use-ability. If you guys are dead set on implementing - please put it behind a demonstration button or something. That page is going to make builds so much worse to make than how it is now which is still not great. Realistically the best place to have abilities stats should be on a slideout tab on the upgrade - if you do that, then this "cinematic" styled abilities section would be fine - albeit no one will really care about it all that much.

>Will definitely be getting that Limbo cosmetic set to complete Revenant's arsenal by adding Sentient throwing daggers.
>Hints for Warframes:

Spoiler

-Excalibur, Inaros, Nidus, Revenant, and Oberon all benefit from Rage very well.
-Warframes with Exalted weapons can mod those Exalted weapons. Recommend Life Strike on Baruuk's Desert Storm and Excalibur's Exalted blade.
-Garuda's Talons can be equipped as a melee if no melee is equipped, and they can be modded.
-Inaros heals for a % of his health on finishers.
-Some weapons compliment some Warframes better than others. Explore the options and see what suits you best.
Post-Sacrifice:
-Mod sets, such as the Umbral and Sacrifical mod sets, provide bonuses that become stronger when the rest of the set is installed.
-Skiajati, on stealth finishers, causes the user to vanish, turning invisible for 5 seconds.
-Exiting Excalibur Umbra will allow him to fight on his own. Consider this when giving him weapons.

>Will Paracesis get the 2h-Katana/Nodachi stance as an option, in the same vein as how Dark Split-Sword works?

23 minutes ago, Oranji said:

Really nice PoE upgrade but y'all know nobody was payin attention on them lighting...

Reveal hidden contents

I had my priorities right then, with something that big and cute, how can i not admire? (I think Vermillion's size just got owned)  OuO

Defintly one of the details i can appricaite DE for not censoring or covering it with some cloth physics that just clips and glitches anyways.

Aside from that, im interested if the hovering animation with running and sprinting is possible for Titania to use as well considering she too hovers above ground when idle, so giving the same animation when running and sprinting seems like an ideal thing to do, unless both frames are using far to different rigging.

The new ability UI is great, but it will be a hassle if I need to change my mods and see the effect on my abilities. I suggest to add some kind of summary ability page accessible from the mod page.

Hiding stats behind hover seems really unintuitive in my opinion. 3/4 of the screen isn't even being used. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to see a simple information. It's going to make creating builds a real hassle if I have to go to this menu and hover over each and every ability, and not be able to compare them to each other in a direct way. I really hope this doesn't see the light of day.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Overview later today :), see you next time.

@[DE]Rebecca

The abilities UI looks really cool! Just one thing!

PLEASE DON'T HIDE THE STATS BEHIND A MOUSEOVER! I'M BEGGING YOU! (That's how it looked in the devstream)

Please keep the current EFFICIENCY of the layout! i.e. Less clicks / mouse movements to get the information you need to see.

Thank you guys! I appreciate all your hard work! 

Cool abilities screen for new players. Now please make it better for all players by adding ability stats on modding screen :) Modding abilities is so frustrating compared to modding weapons because of this. This is the one thing I was waiting for from UI rework and it's still not there. So sad.

Everything shown today was fantastic, Nyx skin is 11/10, Nebezial is a genius and so is skyrezz after seeing her 3d model. New enemies look Hella dope, the wierdness in their gear is just so warframe. Wisp animation is on another level entirely. 

Speaking of wisp's animation, could y'all make it so that she floats while shooting as well? I can understang needing to ground her during melee but I do think she will look much better if she floats while shooting as well.

DO NOT, for the love of all that is holy, roll out that new abilities UI screen. It's godawful.

Yes, the current iteration is basic, but at least I can go into the abilities screen, and see what all my abilities do at a glance.
Adding a bunch of useless steps such as mouse-over and video's of the abilities in action to that screen is just obstructive.

A good UI shows me what I need to see instantly, by just having the information on my screen. Like the current UI does.

Seriously, just don't change it, and if you absolutely must fiddle with it, don't change it for whatever you cooked up now.

Archived