Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khalgast

- Nekros Soul Punch Tweek -

Recommended Posts

I am revisiting an idea for soul punch that i've posted before, where you can pick and choose which minion you can keep.

What if we changed the soul punch 'Soul Survivor' augment or a general change where you can soul punch you minions and have their soul be an explosive projectile.

It would give more of a non gimmicky use to soul punch and lets be honest, no one uses the 'Soul Survivor' Aug.

This would give the ability to choose which minion you can keep and adds a dynamic new feature to the skill itself. 

I know that this idea has been posted several times. As an avid Nekros player, I feel i have to apologize when i have too many shield minions pop up and hinder shooting game play. You also have no real control over which minions show up when you summon your minions. As the official minion master, I would think you'd have more control over this.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN DE! YOU ROCK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OR giff nekros Mandachord positioned+Simulacrum style UI where he can select priority of shadows (and a block list and their AI setting from the notable 3: drone/stick close and aura while avoiding danger, eximus and ancient/tank and cc or arena enemy/suicide into the enemy while unloading as much damage and side jump/strafe evading instead of sitting behind stuff for 7/8ths of their hp degen) while keeping SP space program but instead of having to bother with force despawn to yeet enemies that refuse to die to melee/when at the levels where a dagger is required, just making it deal tiny bit of % true damage (or just current flat impact damage being turned to true damage) to scale into later levels as directly hitting enemy hp for the same amount is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your ideas, I just think if there would be a change, it would be simple. Soul punch your minion to void him out, or make an augment for it to become a weapon. Just another quick dynamic change vs creating a whole new segment for the warframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Khalgast said:

I am revisiting an idea for soul punch that i've posted before, where you can pick and choose which minion you can keep.

What if we changed the soul punch 'Soul Survivor' augment or a general change where you can soul punch you minions and have their soul be an explosive projectile.

It would give more of a non gimmicky use to soul punch and lets be honest, no one uses the 'Soul Survivor' Aug.

This would give the ability to choose which minion you can keep and adds a dynamic new feature to the skill itself. 

I know that this idea has been posted several times. As an avid Nekros player, I feel i have to apologize when i have too many shield minions pop up and hinder shooting game play. You also have no real control over which minions show up when you summon your minions. As the official minion master, I would think you'd have more control over this.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN DE! YOU ROCK.

I like this idea, not only would it make Soul Punch actually useful it also allows you to effectively cycle through your most recent killed mob list when recasting your fourth. Make the augment sacrifice one of your shadows when reviving players rather than draining all of your energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather they just replace Soul Punch, or change it entirely imo.  The way the description sounds is amazing, but it doesn't really work that way.  

If they actually made it so it performed a cone of solid damage behind your target, it could actually be useful!

But, I'd rather they replace Soul Punch with an Exalted Pet command for Nekros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they made the area it affected and damage consistent to a cone behind the target I would go for that. Though I’m not sure how a soul would widen its area of effect as it travels further behind the target. I’d just be happy if it dealt reliable damage to enemies directly behind the target instead of flinging them (amazing entertainment) around haphazardly. 

When you say exalted pet command do you mean something similar to how Khora’s Venari ability work? I pictured a bunch of shadows just ganging up on an infested crawler and it brought a smile to my face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the ideas guys, the original purpose of this post is to be able to control the junky shield mobs that come out in our summons that annoy people. I would just like to kill my own minions. Youd think we could be able to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Khalgast said:

Love the ideas guys, the original purpose of this post is to be able to control the junky shield mobs that come out in our summons that annoy people. I would just like to kill my own minions. Youd think we could be able to do that.

OR either dont press 4 or dont play nekros if you dont want minions. Specters and SotD need a in ship interface for AI settings (and prioritization) so that each person can make it sue to their playstyles, not a yeet button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

 

OR either dont press 4 or dont play nekros if you dont want minions. Specters and SotD need a in ship interface for AI settings (and prioritization) so that each person can make it sue to their playstyles, not a yeet button.

Thanks for your input, but ill pass. Its shield minions that are the problem, everything else is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kcyu said:

If they made the area it affected and damage consistent to a cone behind the target I would go for that. Though I’m not sure how a soul would widen its area of effect as it travels further behind the target. I’d just be happy if it dealt reliable damage to enemies directly behind the target instead of flinging them (amazing entertainment) around haphazardly. 

When you say exalted pet command do you mean something similar to how Khora’s Venari ability work? I pictured a bunch of shadows just ganging up on an infested crawler and it brought a smile to my face.

Exactly like Khora's ability,  But a giant shadowy death knight guy instead of a pup.

Also, how does one punch a soul?  lol.

EDIT:  Why the hell is my text so small?  Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see a few things:

  • Use on enemy also pulls part of its soul to Nekros, adding that enemy type to his SoTD storage.
  • Use on Terrified enemy to pull it instead of push it.
  • Use on Shadow to double its health drain. On death, the next enemy type on the SoTD list takes its place spawning where the previous Shadow dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Would like to see a few things:

  • Use on enemy also pulls part of its soul to Nekros, adding that enemy type to his SoTD storage.
  • Use on Terrified enemy to pull it instead of push it.
  • Use on Shadow to double its health drain. On death, the next enemy type on the SoTD list takes its place spawning where the previous Shadow dies.

Being able to queue ones up like that might be interesting.

Also, for people who love the concept of Shadows of the Dead, I 100% suggest reading the SK Manga "Solo Leveling", takes a bit to get to the point of what I'm talking about.  But you won't regret it.  (Skip the Chapter 0 prologue)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Would like to see a few things:

  • Use on enemy also pulls part of its soul to Nekros, adding that enemy type to his SoTD storage.
  • Use on Terrified enemy to pull it instead of push it.
  • Use on Shadow to double its health drain. On death, the next enemy type on the SoTD list takes its place spawning where the previous Shadow dies.

No, no S#&$ty forced """synergies""" that arent part of universal mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm inclined to say Nekros is already BiS for what he does, so leave him be until we get frames that are legit trash up to par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I'm inclined to say Nekros is already BiS for what he does, so leave him be until we get frames that are legit trash up to par.

Yeah, but Nekros's purpose is trash entertainment wise.  Hes literally just "Stand there" BiS.  That is trash tier imo.  Might be USEFUL, but useful doesn't = fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

Yeah, but Nekros's purpose is trash entertainment wise.  Hes literally just "Stand there" BiS.  That is trash tier imo.  Might be USEFUL, but useful doesn't = fun.

But he is fun, try using slash melee with creeping terrify and shadows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

But he is fun, try using slash melee with creeping terrify and shadows.

Not really sure how slowing enemies is uniquely fun to Nekros.  Even if you add the part where they run away (Which seems annoying if anything, but the slow is mostly there to negate that annoyance).

My biggest issue, is there is no way to get Shadows to deal a decent amount of damage.  They are simply a survival tool, and nothing more atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Not really sure how slowing enemies is uniquely fun to Nekros.  Even if you add the part where they run away (Which seems annoying if anything, but the slow is mostly there to negate that annoyance).

My biggest issue, is there is no way to get Shadows to deal a decent amount of damage.  They are simply a survival tool, and nothing more atm.

That's not true, my shadows do a good 10-15% extra damage for most matches that I play with nekros. My damage is usually in the top bracket if i actually shoot stuff.  I usually run ignis w/ catchmoon / guandao. The 'living' wall is best wall. 

Nekros is also really fun, soul punch rag dolling the toughest mobs to the point of being voided through the map or knocking them down for finisher damage. Building a tactical minion mob is also very fun. creeping terrorify makes the minions run at a creep... so its easy to kill them especially with the armor reduction, and amount of extra loot you get from desc is always fun. 

My original beef with frame is not being able to get rid of a single mob when needed, and i just imagined soul punch being able to execute a minion, since its a ... soul... that... you can... punch away? Its really a no brainer lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Khalgast said:

My original beef with frame is not being able to get rid of a single mob when needed, and i just imagined soul punch being able to execute a minion, since its a ... soul... that... you can... punch away? Its really a no brainer lol.

But its not, its technocyte summons, thats exactly why you should be able to set priority and ai type for them to cater to all styles instead of forcing non-mechanical effects that the kit isnt built around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Yeah, but Nekros's purpose is trash entertainment wise.  Hes literally just "Stand there" BiS.  That is trash tier imo.  Might be USEFUL, but useful doesn't = fun.

Someone has to help with the grind, that's his job.  if you don't want the rewards, pick a different frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-05 at 4:46 PM, Khalgast said:

That's not true, my shadows do a good 10-15% extra damage for most matches that I play with nekros. My damage is usually in the top bracket if i actually shoot stuff.  I usually run ignis w/ catchmoon / guandao. The 'living' wall is best wall. 

Nekros is also really fun, soul punch rag dolling the toughest mobs to the point of being voided through the map or knocking them down for finisher damage. Building a tactical minion mob is also very fun. creeping terrorify makes the minions run at a creep... so its easy to kill them especially with the armor reduction, and amount of extra loot you get from desc is always fun. 

My original beef with frame is not being able to get rid of a single mob when needed, and i just imagined soul punch being able to execute a minion, since its a ... soul... that... you can... punch away? Its really a no brainer lol.

I've gone maximum power, and the damage is still extremely negligible sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Klaleara said:

I've gone maximum power, and the damage is still extremely negligible sadly.

Das because its impact damage and armor exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Das because its impact damage and armor exists.

We talking SotD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...