Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

completing 60% of challenge missions for Nightwave is literally too much to ask for

zoobmer

these challenges are time consuming and require people to log in regularly. 

e65.gif

all rewards should be available at rank 4. the following exceptions apply:

• exclusive cosmetics exist as for bragging rights, so it makes sense to withhold them until players are further in
  • items such as forma, kuva, and endo are easily farmable, and exist as filler, so players aren't actually missing out if they can't get these items.
Edited by zoobmer
making all rewards available isn't the same as letting players have all of them. they would still need to choose.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Homer87 said:

Wow. Earn stuff by playing the game. That's a novel concept.

In all seriousness, how do you expect to earn anything without doing something first?

that's not the point! the point is that nightwave in particular expects too much player activity in too short of a time period to be reasonably completable.

2 minutes ago, JShield said:

Don't do it then, Lazybones.

fact of the matter is, Nightwave includes items which should be easy to access, such as nitain, reactors, catalysts, any and all mods which are part of the reward table, Vauban parts, and possibly even alt helmets and ubral forma.

8 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

too much player activity in too short of a time

That is extremely subjective.   I finished all the weekly challenges in ~6 hours. (accumulated, not in one sitting). During weekends people have the most time to finish them all.

Too much player activity....  how is that a bad thing??  If you enjoy a game, don't you want reasons to play it more?  This is literally what people have been chanting about all this time with "content drought, I'm bored, nothing to do, yadda yadda".    Now that there is something to do, "it's too much".   :facepalm:

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 6

i completed every single one in 3 hour except the ayatan(i havent see a single amber star in months now) and hydrolist one, no, it doesnt need time at all, while the regular alerts did, you had to be online at the right time if you wanted that specific item, you missed it? whoops good luck maybe next month to get the item, same for nitain, you had to be online

now, you got a week do do those, should be pretty long enough for everyone to finish them, or atleast most of them

27 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

we should be able to get all non-cosmetic items by rank 4. the following exceptions apply:

• exclusive cosmetics exist as for bragging rights, so it makes sense to withhold them until players are further in

except that you had to play months to get all the alt helmet and other stuff before, simply because you had to be online at a time to be able to get them, and they were random, they might not even came back for weeks, now, you can  get them easily, that should be a really good thing

27 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

t

• items such as forma, kuva, and endo are easily farmable, and exist as filler, so players aren't actually missing out if they can't get these items.

thats the event rewards, its not part of the alert rework, they will be gone after a certain amount of time, along with the wolf creds, assuming it will happen in phase/series 2

"In each Nightwave Series, you’ll earn standing with Nora by completing Acts to rise through the Reward Tiers. Unlock power items, exclusive cosmetics or currency called Wolf Cred with each new Tier reached. Make sure to complete all 30 Tiers before the Series is over to earn all rewards!"

Edited by vid23
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Too much player activity....  how is that a bad thing??  If you enjoy a game, don't you want reasons to play it more?  This is literally what people have been chanting about all this time with "content drought, I'm bored, nothing to do, yadda yadda".    Now that there is something to do, "it's too much".   :facepalm:

there's also plenty of things to do that aren't Warframe, so keep that in mind. and people would still have a motive to do more of the nightwave; including getting a larger number of rewards instead of just a few, as well as cosmetic rewards.

15 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

that's not the point! the point is that nightwave in particular expects too much player activity in too short of a time period to be reasonably completable.

They said 60%. Just knock a couple of challenges out every couple of days, and you'll be at the 60% threshold. Also, on the OP, you complained about logging in. There is stuff in the log in rewards that encourage frequent logging in anyways. They are rewarding you with stuff just for playing the game.

1 minute ago, Homer87 said:

Also, on the OP, you complained about logging in. There is stuff in the log in rewards that encourage frequent logging in anyways. They are rewarding you with stuff just for playing the game.

login rewards in Warframe work well because they don't reset if you fail to log in for a while. this means you never actually get locked off from rewards. there was the issue of falling behind, and they fixed that by letting you pick your reward. that is not the same as participating in every nighwave while the rewards you want to get are always out of reach.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

to much time?

i already completed this weeks task in 2 days not even taking 24 hours.

22 minutes ago, MystMan said:

agreed.

i feel like people who are saying "too much player acitvity."

don't actually like playing warframe. and only login to get Rewarded for doing nothing.

Edited by hazerddex

Just now, zoobmer said:

if what DE said is true and it's really 60%, that shouldn't be possible.

it is possible. the mission's aren't that hard you could literally have them all finished by now if you didn't spend all day on the forums complaining about it. shocker i know.

• Like 2

I finished my weeklies in about 3 hours. Not that hard, really. What I'm more concerned about is Wolf Credits being way too scarce, making newbies unable to even buy Nitain Extract for weeks. While removing the time aspect of the alerts is nice, the alternative we have right now is nowhere near the same in terms of reward quantity.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

I finished my weeklies in about 3 hours. Not that hard, really. What I'm more concerned about is Wolf Credits being way too scarce, making newbies unable to even buy Nitain Extract for weeks. While removing the time aspect of the alerts is nice, the alternative we have right now is nowhere near the same in terms of reward quantity.

a new player should be able to do most of the stuff aswell, and you get 5 nitain for 15 credit, you can reach the third reward tier by complteing all of it, and with 50 credit you could buy 15 nitain, even in 2 week 15 nitain is pretty nice to be honest, especially for people who cant login every day but just a few hour on weekends for example, they only could get like 3-4 nitain a week if they were lucky enough to be online at that time, now just by playing the game, they can get 15 instead, i think its pretty fair, the only people who actually lose on this is those who can be online most of the time(12 hour a day for example, or can login whenever they want)

42 minutes ago, Homer87 said:

Also, on the OP, you complained about logging in. There is stuff in the log in rewards that encourage frequent logging in anyways. They are rewarding you with stuff just for playing the game.

Hehe that made me giggle, getting S#&$ty endo or 40k credits (when you have more then enough to last a life time) or S#&$ty resources that basicly does nothing for me wat so-ever really makes loggin in for me worth it everytime..... Haha At this point I would actualy be better off if they removed that S#&$ty login reward systems. It spews out more S#&$ then I do after a all night only eating taco's and nacho's or then D.Trump on twitter.

PS. yay for a grindy new syndicate cause we all wanted more grind!! YAY!!

Edited by Defion

1 hour ago, Defion said:

Hehe that made me giggle, getting S#&$ty endo or 40k credits (when you have more then enough to last a life time) or S#&$ty resources that basicly does nothing for me wat so-ever really makes loggin in for me worth it everytime..... Haha At this point I would actualy be better off if they removed that S#&$ty login reward systems. It spews out more S#&$ then I do after a all night only eating taco's and nacho's or then D.Trump on twitter.

PS. yay for a grindy new syndicate cause we all wanted more grind!! YAY!!

yeah, i also hate that 1 day free booster

some people just cant be satisfied with anything

4 hours ago, uxx0 said:

57 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

The bigger issue is the 10,000 that's locked behind late game and multiplayer, they need to balance it out so that solo players aren't punished like they are by most of the game, i have done ever task except 3 this week and still will miss the 30,000 needed for it,

these are all inline with what I was thinking, but couldn't articulate. we need to be able to reliably get rewards without have to do most missions in every single nightwave.

I feel the main concern is it’s time gated.

So people felt compelled to do if not they will missed out on the rewards which might or might not come back and this is not fun to many of us

If this is a ongoing event, slow players can take their own sweet time but will eventually get it, then probably you won’t see so many complaints 

do you ever see anyone complain about sunidicates rewards or long quest line to get exlicalibr umbra etc etc?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Im_a_fat_boy2 said:

I feel the main concern is it’s time gated.

So people felt compelled to do if not they will missed out on the rewards which might or might not come back and this is not fun to many of us

If this is a ongoing event, slow players can take their own sweet time but will eventually get it, then probably you won’t see so many complaints 

do you ever see anyone complain about sunidicates rewards or long quest line to get exlicalibr umbra etc etc?

as I already said 

5 hours ago, zoobmer said:

the point is that nightwave in particular expects too much player activity in too short of a time period to be reasonably completable.